notify a public folder poster when item is updated

Have public folder with custom form to log customer complaints.
Anyone can post an item, but the status field is restricted and can
only be changed by specific users. e.g. Approved for action, Fix is
live, Denied.

I'm trying to find a way to use the Folder Assistant to reply to the
original poster, when their item has been updated.

flow would be:

user posts complaint
super users notified (can do this already with simple forward)
Super user opens item, reseaches and changes status
super user saves item with updated status
user receives email - your complain has been updated.

I seem to be able to set up a rule to reply with a template, based on
one of the custom form field's contents, but the Folder Assitant won't
let me save the rule.

DST Exchange Calendar Update Config Tool, account permissions
New Ex admin, I'm running exchange 2003SP2 and when I run the MsExTmz.exe, i get this error message. How do i grant a service account full access so I can run the tool HrReadConfiguration:Logfile opened as:msextmz.log HrReadConfiguration:Reading Configuration. HrReadConfiguration:Command Line:tzmove.exe /q HrReadConfiguration:ServerDN:/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=server12 HrReadConfiguration:OutputputFile opened as:Output.txt HrReadConfiguration:Input File is not set. HrReadConfiguration:Error opened as:Errors.txt HrReadConfigurat...

Outlook updated to XP erroneously
Apparently during an automatic Windows update, my Outlook 2000 got upgraded to Outlook XP. Now Outlook says it can't open for the user name that is running. ( I don't understand that) Then it says run set-up. I don't have an XP set-up disc and when I use my Outlook 2000 Pro CD it does not fix the problem. Help!!!! Impossible - Updates NEVER upgrade your software. Are you sure you didn't just get a PDA with Outlook 2002 on it? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) vi...

Public folders #47
Trying to allow users to send on behalf of a public folder. I have granted users the permission to do so in exch sys manager, but even as administrator, it says "you do not have permission to send on behalf of this user" Why is this happening? How long did you wait after making the changes? It can take up to 2 hours for permissions changes to become effective. Just because you are an administrator doesn't mean that you'll automatically have Send on Behalf of permissions... -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Jez" <Jez@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Managing Public Contact List
Hello, I'm trying to setup my Public Folder of contacts so that people can add a new entry, but add it pending approval. Our management wants our contractors to be able to add information into the public list, but would like to review it for completeness of information first. Is there a way to set new entries up for this approval process? I guess another way to go about this is to send an email to a person or mailing list saying that a new entry has been added. Any suggestions? Moderated public folder? http://www.msexchange.org/articles/Creating-Using-Moderated-Public-Folders-Exchan...

Tracking Emails from Public Folders
I would like to use "Track in CRM" on emails in Public Folders just as I do on emails in my own mailbox. Does anyone how that can be done? This feature is not available with the Outlook client out of the box. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "P.Grandt" <PGrandt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E6AB669-B353-4D8B-B3DD-C29D4EC18612@microsoft.com... >I would like to use "Track in CRM" on emails in Public Folders just as I do > on emails in my own mailbox. Does anyon...

locked publications?
My church runs a small network - just three PCs all running Windows XP and Office 2000. They have recently started having a problem with Publisher files. If you start a publication on machines 2 or 3, it can be opened by all machines. However if you start a publication on machine 1, or save an existing publication with a new name, it cannot be opened by the other computers. It displays a message that the file is in use by another user, even though it definately isn't. My guess is that, machine 1 is not removing some sort of lock file, but I wouldn't know how to check if this...

Missing folder and file details in listings
I am running Vista and Office 2003 on a Sony Vaio. When I select 'open' to open a file (in Word, Powerpoint or Excel), only the folder and file NAMES are being listed, not their DETAILS (type, size, etc). I have 'details' selected as my listing format. All other listing formats, such as 'tiles', appear correctly. In fact, with Tiles the file type and size are shown. If I list the contents of a folder using Explorer or select 'open' in a non-Office application, the listing details appear correct. It just seems to affect Office. The 'colu...

AUTOMATIC FILE SAVING in a folder
I generate quiotations from a template and create a code name for each quotation in cells B7 to F7 as follows. TEMPLATE CODE XXX QUOTATION CODE BUZ 7/07/2009 abc 156 Can I save this DEFdef,..) and the quotation number (156,157,...) -- excelforautomatinginvoicing Hi, From your question its not clear how you decide on the file name nor when you want it to automatically save? What does DEFdef mean? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "pravin" wrote: > I generate quiotations from a template and create a code name for each ...

Notify
Hi, my pc is running winxp & outlook 2003. Recently notify sound has no effect (no sound when mail received) even I enable this feature. Of course the speaker is on since other sound effect is alright. Furthermore the little notify envelope is only shown inside the hidden tool bar (at right bottom corner). So I do not know if I have new e-mail until open the inbox or expand the hidden tool bar. Thank you for assistance. Does the sound play from Control Panel-> Sounds and Audio Devices? For the envelope; set the Notification Area options to always show that icon. For more info...

How to find folder tree for emails in search results?
Is there a way to see the entire hierarchy of folders for a message in the Search Results window? I just did a search of all mail folders (Outlook 2007). It returned about 20 results. In the "In Folder" column, it only gives the name of the folder the message is in, not the whole folder tree. I have a somewhat complicated folder tree structure and I would prefer not to have to open all of the branches looking for the correct subfolder. In some cases, there may be more than one folder with the same name. Not as far as I know. Search results return the item, not the tree....

mising item on transfear
Hi All I make on work sheet 330:Inventory Transfer and send from warehouse to store A. work sheet process successfully and I make issued from warehouse but when I go to store A I find worksheet is empty(without items). Is there any one face this problem before? Is there any way to adjust this problem? thanks for help -- MOHAMMED I. OWN THE BODY SHOP K.S.A +966557266607 Hi , It might be your items that you have put on WS:Style 330, that items are not found in your store (A). Check those barcodes in Store A, in Items If not found,try downloading the items to the store A ...

Crystal Reports Publication
I have added a new report to CRM and there was no problem with the publication. The report seems to be fine but the filter criteria which is available for other reports is not avilable for the new reports I have added. The message "There are no items that can be filtered on this report" is displayed. As far as I recollect the feature was available the last time I had piblished a report. (This is a new installation) Has anyone faced a similar situation? is there anything else I need to do ? SAM did you add a group to the report? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://...

Notify me of replies
I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies" option in the upper right hand corner of the thread detail window, but I keep getting a "Notification failed. Please try later." message. Has anyone used this succesfully? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Hmm..despite getting the message, I received notification of a reply this morning - so I guess it works?! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Bud" wrote: > I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies&q...

Public Folder Replication Does not word in 1 direction
We are running two Exchange servers: EXCH1 - E2K3 Ent., SP2, first installed EXCH2 - E2K3 Std., SP2, installed later Both are running on Win2K3 SP1 1 Admin Group, Server are located in different AD Sites PF replication works just fine from EXCH1 to EXCH2. It doesn't work at all from EXCH2 to EXCH1. I have followed all the standard troubleshooting such as confirming RUS is working, the Mail and Proxy Address match in ADSI Edit, etc. I also reapplied Exch SP2 last night. Mail transfer from EXCH2 to EXCH1 works flawlessly. Any and all incoming replication messages to EXCH1 are NDR'...

Automatic upload of documents to respective folders based on name of document
Hi, this is for the steel company where they have documents with standard naming conventions. thier requirement is that a document move automatically to its respective folder depending on the name of the file. for eg: all documnets having naming starting with mkg like mkg_en_puk_6756_jan.docx goes to Marketing folder Is this possible? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET Request Logger and Crawler Killer http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a988f8c3-f69e-4ad2-a2e9-f9e01867769c/aspnet-request-logger-an.aspx You explain the target ...

Public folder email address in Exch 2k3
Hello, I'm TRYING but failing to enable emails from the outside world to go directly to public folders. It was easy to do in exchange 2000, but so far no dice on my new exchange 2k3 (part of SBS 2k3). I have even tried creating a new distribution group, with the "archive to public folder" and assigning the group an email address. I checked permission and anonymous has contributor rights to the public folder, but I still am not recieving emails to the public folder. Help! Eric Eric-- Have you been able to send emails to the Public Folder from an internal Exchange mailbox? ...

Restoring exchange public folders
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003 server (based on SBS 2003) and one of our users has deleted a public folder and all of its subfolders. I need to recover it but the "recover deleted items" option is not working. I get the following error message: "Outlook was unable to recover some or all of the items in this folder. Make sure you have the required permissions to recover items in this folder, and try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator." I have owner rights on the folder and I have followed the advice in KB below but still no luck. http://suppor...

Unwanted file in folder list
While trying to resolve a sync issue between Outlook 2002 and my handspring, I inadvertantly created a file or folder, I'm not sure which named notes1 on my folder list. It is part of the personal folders or under personal folders. When I right click it, the option to delete or move it is grey'd out so that I cannot get rid of it. How do I delete it? Answered in the later post "Deleting duplicate Notes folders" dated 11/01/2003 6:37 AM. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Al" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07b601c3a06...

Delete empty folders in Outlook
Does anyone know how to automate deletion of empty folders i Outlook. It is especially needed after archiving of large folder structures. Can it be done by programming or using 3rd party tool? -- Best regards, Lars O you could use: Tools | Options | Other tab - Empty Deleted Items on Exit. "Lars O" <xjk9g7i02@sneakemail.com> wrote in message news:kUNGc.688$Gp7.39@news.get2net.dk... > Does anyone know how to automate deletion of empty folders i Outlook. > It is especially needed after archiving of large folder structures. > > Can it be done by programming or...

relative import path in public schema
I'm using a public set of schemas for GML, avaiable at www.opengis.net/gml. They all include or import each other but live in a folder hierarchy, so the import statement includes schemaLocation="../xlink/xlinks.xsd". I've written a schema that imports the top level one using schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.1.0/base/feature.xsd". I've also tried downloading it and putting it in the schema cache but in both cases the build fails with 'Cannot resolve the schemaLocation attribute'. I'm using Visual C# 2005 Express and I'm new...

How do i get my multipage publication to print on one page?
I created a custom doc that is 16" x 16". I would like it to scale to fit to an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper for proofreading. How do I do this? Print to a PDF. There are free converters around. Some folks recommend www.primopdf.com If you have Publisher 2007 there is a Microsoft PDF converter add-in. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Erin Heim" <Erin Heim@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

imap folders not displaying messages
Does anyone have and an idea as to why after running a filter on the inbox to move messages to a different folder that they do not appear in the folder until you select that folder? It seems like a sync problem between the server but I am not sure. Thanks for any help ...

Outlook mail folder on a network
Hi Everyone, Does any one knows how to make the mail folder of outlook express 6 to be created on a network server. It's not allwing me to choose a folder on a network when I first configure it. TY This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.pub...

Using workflow to update related enties fails
I have a CRM 4 setup with a custome entity called Training Courses and to those I can associate oppertunities (as bookings on a course) I can run a workflow on a booking and access (update or read) the associated Course but I need to be able to run a workflow against the aprent Course and have it update all the associated opertunities. Initially it wasn't an option in a workflow created against the course entity. So I created a 1:N referential relationship in the oppertunity entity to link them. I can now see the status of my oppertunities from my Course workflow but when I try and ru...

Public Folders #5
While in Looking at the Inbox I know how many New Messeges are there by the (#) Indicator to the right of the Inbox. How do i Show Items in the Public folder to do the Same thing? ...