Notes cannot be edited

Using Outlook 2002, whenever I open a Note, then modify
the text of it, then close it, it retains the old text
when I view it in the list of notes. Apparently the text
cannot be modified, so I have to create a new note with
the text as I want it - modified - and delete the first
note. Is this so or there some way to change the text of
a note and have the changes reflected in the note as it
appears in the list of notes? There is virtually nothing
about this anywhere in the Help or On-Line support. Thanx.
0
anonymous (74722)

notes should save the edited text as soon as you click off of them or close
them. if you refresh the view, does the note update?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"pilot53c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Outlook 2002, whenever I open a Note, then modify
> the text of it, then close it, it retains the old text
> when I view it in the list of notes. Apparently the text
> cannot be modified, so I have to create a new note with
> the text as I want it - modified - and delete the first
> note. Is this so or there some way to change the text of
> a note and have the changes reflected in the note as it
> appears in the list of notes? There is virtually nothing
> about this anywhere in the Help or On-Line support. Thanx.

0
info2937 (567)

Broken counter for Notes and Tasks in Outlook Today
When I choose the folders Notes and Tasks in "Customize Outlook Today">Messages, the Notes and Tasks appears in the column of Outlook Today with zero being the number next to it. The numbers never change even though I have made notes and tasks. It always shows zero. Is that the same for anyone else or does it show the number of tasks and notes that one has. If so, how do I fix so that the amount of tasks and notes appears. Thanks ...

Cannot edit data in forms but can in tables
I have a problem! I created a database where I can only edit the data in tables. In the forms I created I can see the data but cannot edit the data. I am using 2007 that I have set so the file can be opened in 2003. The data was imported to create tables from two Excel spread sheets using the wizard. The tables are linked together and the combined data is shown in a report. This all works without a problem. Now I need to edit the data, so I created several forms all of which I cannot add, delete or edit the data. I saw under the User and Group Permissions that u...

Notes to a File
Hello, I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do this in bulk. Any ideas? Thanks! "GeorgeA" <GeorgeA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8115371-3ADE-421B-90A5-3CCB833DC8D0@microsoft.com... > I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to > transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do > this in bulk. Export your Notes folder to a CSV or TSV file and open that in Wor...

Notes in the SOP Sales Transaction, are incorrect
Hi, I am just recently experiencing this error, the notes in the "Sales Trx Entry", either for the document number, or customer or Inventory ID, are not correct. This is because in certain cases, notes dated from 09/06/2002 (dd/mm/yyyy) are attached to current documents, ie. deliverynotes/invoices any reason as to why this could be happening, and how to resolve it Thanks in Advance Sajid Saeed It sounds like your next record Note Index (NOTEINDX) in the SY_Company_MSTR (SY01500) table is too low. So it is giving new records Note Index's which have already been used and ...

EDIT a Calendar design
How do I edit a calendar design and then replicate my design to each month? Whenever I do this I always get the original design for each month. I have also tried editing hte Master page but that did not seem to work either. This si INFURIATING! PLEASE HELP ME Hev wrote: > How do I edit a calendar design and then replicate my > design to each month? Whenever I do this I always get the > original design for each month. I have also tried editing > hte Master page but that did not seem to work either. > This si INFURIATING! > > > PLEASE HELP ME ======================...

notes printing
I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after training. There are 4 slides per sheet and I observe that there is a lot of space unused. can I make the slides occupy more space so that they are bigger and easier to read afd See if this help: http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Handouts.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "afdmello" wrote: > I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after > trai...

upgrade exchsrvr w2k standard edition to exchsrvr w2k enterprise edition
Hello all, I currently have a windows 2000 DC running with exchange 2000 standard edition. I want to upgrade to exchange 2000 enterprise edition. How should I do this? thanks in advance for any help, Joeri. Joeri KUMBRUCK <Joeri.KUMBRUCK@dhl.com> wrote: >Hello all, > >I currently have a windows 2000 DC running with exchange 2000 >standard edition. I want to upgrade to exchange 2000 enterprise >edition. How should I do this? > >thanks in advance for any help, > >Joeri. No problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170280 Mark Arnol...

Install Fax Component Windows XP 2000 Home Edition
Fire likes plastic. I have no cd anymore. I have tried and searched to find a way to install the fax or download a replacement. Can anyone help? A modem often comes with fax software "candeapplered" <candeapplered@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:465FAD8B-204E-4EC8-BCF9-98577B4BB85C@microsoft.com... > Fire likes plastic. I have no cd anymore. I have tried and searched to > find > a way to install the fax or download a replacement. Can anyone help? ...

lines of text...notes box
I have created a custom database for our marketing woman, I have designed the table and layout...but I have created a Notes box for the user to enter information into. But the notes box is getting full and I would like to configure it so the notes box can be unlimited rows or attach a text file to the table if needed...I have read somewhere thatg the notes box is limited to 255 lines is that right?? any help gratefully recieved but please be aware I dont know much about access Hi Mister Bobzi, Rather than defining the notes area as a Text field, make its properties a Memo field. A M...

Edit my Macro
Question: 'This macro selects, highlights, and print range A18:I69; 'I want to do away with highlighting the specified range and just immediately print range A18:I69. Sub PrintBatch() ' ' PrintBatch Macro ' Prints Each Batch ' Range("A18:I69").Select Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1 End Sub 'Thanks! Sub PrintBatch() Range("A18:I69").PrintOut Copies:=1 End Sub "Gerard Sanchez" <geepeeoneREMOVEME@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OLE5YsXkJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Question: > > 'This macr...

How do I save notes in outlook?
I have a number of Notes saved for Outlook 2003 and I have lost them in the past because I assumed they we're saved along with my Archieve information, only to find out later they were not. Had to start creating them from scratch which was a pain. How can Outlook 2003 NOTES be saved? Please advise. Thanks. You can copy/export the Notes to a PST file. To export use the File menu > Import & Export command or you can open a PST using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File command then drag/drop the notes into the other PST. "jhr07" <jhr07@discussions.mi...

office:mac 2004 student and teacher edition
My wife and I just bought an imacG5. My wife uses a PC at work (teaching)and uses Word with clipart all the time. The clipart within office:mac 2004 student and teacher edition is really meager. I think my wife might kill me if I don't find out how to access all of her clipart that she has available at work on her PC. As you can tell, I'm the mac fan, she's not (& might never be without this problem solved!) Any help is greatly appreciated! Hi Mark, Start up the clip gallery and click the OnLine button. You'll be taken to the on line clip gallery at Microsoft (works...

security issue in notes
we are facing a security issue with notes in MSCRM 3.0 I want some users to be banned from the entity account e.g. So I set a security that they can only see their own accounts (user level) Now I want them to be able to access all contacts. So I set a security so they have full access on contacts. For the notes, I need to give them access to notes so they can attach docs and view all notes on all contacts. Now if this user has advanced find privileges, he will be able to query the notes of ALL accounts in the advanced finds. Anyone experienced this before? any way to restrict that acc...

bold font for lotus notes email
I am using the following code in Access 2003 to send an email in Lotus notes. I want to bold some text, does anyone know how I can amend this code to allow for some bold text? Public Sub SendQtrNotesMail(Subject As String, Recipient As String, WL As String, SQA As String, _ DC As String, ADR As String, TDR As String, SafetyNote As String, QualityNote As String, _ ProdNote As String, SaveIt As Boolean) 'Set up the objects required for Automation into lotus notes Dim Maildb As Object 'The mail database Dim UserName As String 'The current users notes name Dim...

Edit Investment List in Money 2005
Hello, I've changed a number of investments and find that I have some old investments with the same name as the new investments. The trouble is I can continue to use the new name but, the history would not be correct. I would like to list the investments but can't find them as a list. Is this possible? The investments in question are mutual funds with no ticker. Thanks It used to be. Along came, IIRC, M05, and the Work with Investments page disappeared. Nobody outside Microsoft has a clue why it disappeared. Perhaps it wasn't Essential? You can go find some transaction r...

Public Contacts Folder
I have users who have edit permissions on a public contact folder. They can create new contacts and Edit some contacts, BUT there are some records they cannot edit. It says they don't have permission. Obviously certain records have different permissions. How can I fix permissions at the record contact level? -- Dale Bechtel It Admin, Becica Associates LLC Mt. Laurel, Nj You can update the item level permissions using the pfdavadmin utility. "Dale Bechtel" <dbechtel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BF6B1C5-CEA2-41C6-ACC2-0239A3AE3909@microsoft.com.....

Access 2007 Note table in date order, note form is not. What can I
-- Rachel Rollins Rachel, The first thing you can is learn to use this big white sapce to post your question. My Subject Line got cut off and I almost missed the question. No answer your question... Use a query based on your table as a RecordSource for your form. (Table order is irrelevant to the form otherwise.) In that query you can set the Sort Order of the records to be by the date field. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Rach...

edit custom spell check dictionary
I am trying to edit the words in my custom dictionary in windows live mail, i click on the edit button in, tools,options, spelling, which highlights when my curser is over it and then shows the working circle for a second, but nothing happens from there, anybody got any ideas. david -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "david white" <davidwhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:532A342E-E2A1-4E5A-938C-DD9A53FDF43E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to edit the words in my custom dictionary in win...

Please help to get XP Secumize Edition ISO file
hi you tried downloading XP Secumize Edition ISO file and the download stops please help Sounds like a pirate file to me. Tae wrote: > hi > > you tried downloading XP Secumize Edition ISO file and the download stops > > please help Hi where can you get XP Secumize Edition split into 4 parts just like ISO file? "Bob I" wrote: > Sounds like a pirate file to me. I'm sure there are many illegal sites online that will contain this pirated file. Then again, you might get hit by malware in the process. Tae wrote: > Hi > ...

CRM Notes Error # 2...........
Here is the second error in Event Log................. Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 5/10/2005 Time: 11:49:20 AM User: N/A Computer: CRM11 Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Message: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line...

make a pub doc only editable in certain parts
I want to send a Publisher document by email so every one can fill out the form without moving everything down the page. You can't. If you have Acrobat you can compose a fill-in form or if you have Word Create a Fill-in Form in Word by Dian Chapman http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=253 You will have to send these as attachments. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "GeGe" <GeGe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3506AE1F-E4C2-46F8-903D-CFC01A9F6543@microsoft.com... >I want to send a Publisher document by email so every one can fill ...

POP Invoive Edit List not coming out for 1 transaction
Hi, We are trying to print the edit list in the purchasing invoice entries but there is no output for 1 particular entry. We dont have issue in other entries. The data are correct and I can see that the system is printing in the Process Monitoring but no output in screen, printer and even in file. What can be the problem. Kindly help, thank you. Since this is unposted why not delete this entry and auto invoice again. The original PO Invoice details may have been corrupted. Just keeping the solution simple. Cheers "Bunxie" wrote: > Hi, > > We are trying to p...

add note to body or notes
Outlook 2003 SP1 Hi, The following script adds a note to existing notes in the notes field. '----------------- Sub CommandButtonNewEntry_Click() On Error Resume Next Item.Body = Now() & " " & pCurUserName & ": " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & Item.Body End Sub '----------------- My problem is that all the formatting is lost and turns it to plain text. Any ideas on how to keep the formatting that exists in the notes field? Thanks, Joel Depends on the item. If it's an email, it's probably html, so read/write the s...

Does notes in outlook 2003 have a word limit?
I just tried to save my document in a note, but it copied just a part of the document. Tried many times, but cant paste the whole document in it. It is just a 3 page word text. Does notes in outlook 2003 have a word limit? or am I doing something the wrong way? I'm not sure where the limit is on notes, but I'm having a hard time understanding why you would want to paste a 3-page Word document into that tiny yellow square. What is it that you're trying to accomplish? Maybe we can figure out a better way to do it? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower h...

Edit with microsoft excel for windows problems
Hi, Can anyone help me? I'm beating my head against a wall here! I have a web page that was created in Excel. I need to edit it bu when I click on File, the option "Edit with Microsoft Excel fo Windows" is not available. Any suggestions? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...