NOTE or POST?

I created a new folder into which (using rules) I direct mail from certain
senders, however the mail doesn't arrive in the form of a message, but as an
envelope icon which I have to double click to see the message. The only
difference I can see when I look at the properties for the new folder and
others that work fine is that the "When Posting to this folder use......"
option is POST for the folders that are OK and NOTE for the new folder -
changing it to POST is not an option.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

0
hilsdon (14)

"Mick" <hilsdon@hilsdon.org> wrote in message
> I created a new folder into which (using rules) I direct mail from
> certain senders, however the mail doesn't arrive in the form of a
> message, but as an envelope icon which I have to double click to see
> the message. The only difference I can see when I look at the
> properties for the new folder and others that work fine is that the
> "When Posting to this folder use......" option is POST for the
> folders that are OK and NOTE for the new folder - changing it to POST
> is not an option.
>
> Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Once you defined this destination folder, that's the type of folder it
remains.  If you want to move e-mail into an e-mail-type (Post) folder
then you have to define that folder as an e-mail-type (Post) folder when
you created it.  Do the following (the folder names are just examples,
and you didn't mention what was the name of the folder you were moving
into using rules so I'll call it OldFolder):

- Create a new folder PostStuff and make sure you define it as a "Mail
and Post Items" type of folder.
- Move your e-mails from OldFolder to PostStuff.
- Delete your OldFolder.
- Rename PostStuff to OldFolder (so your rules still work as is).

** Share with others.  Post replies in the newsgroup.
** If present, remove all "-nix" from my email address.

Free classified post ad
Market place in the important think of merketing. So increase your sales, be a great business man.place an ad. please visit www.adplacebd.com - advance classified of bangladesh. ...

Notes to a File
Hello, I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do this in bulk. Any ideas? Thanks! "GeorgeA" <GeorgeA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8115371-3ADE-421B-90A5-3CCB833DC8D0@microsoft.com... > I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to > transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do > this in bulk. Export your Notes folder to a CSV or TSV file and open that in Wor...

Broken counter for Notes and Tasks in Outlook Today
When I choose the folders Notes and Tasks in "Customize Outlook Today">Messages, the Notes and Tasks appears in the column of Outlook Today with zero being the number next to it. The numbers never change even though I have made notes and tasks. It always shows zero. Is that the same for anyone else or does it show the number of tasks and notes that one has. If so, how do I fix so that the amount of tasks and notes appears. Thanks ...

Notes in the SOP Sales Transaction, are incorrect
Hi, I am just recently experiencing this error, the notes in the "Sales Trx Entry", either for the document number, or customer or Inventory ID, are not correct. This is because in certain cases, notes dated from 09/06/2002 (dd/mm/yyyy) are attached to current documents, ie. deliverynotes/invoices any reason as to why this could be happening, and how to resolve it Thanks in Advance Sajid Saeed It sounds like your next record Note Index (NOTEINDX) in the SY_Company_MSTR (SY01500) table is too low. So it is giving new records Note Index's which have already been used and ...

notes printing
I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after training. There are 4 slides per sheet and I observe that there is a lot of space unused. can I make the slides occupy more space so that they are bigger and easier to read afd See if this help: http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Handouts.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "afdmello" wrote: > I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after > trai...

Payroll double posting
We have run into an issue with many, many customers having their payroll double posted. They print the payroll checks but when they start to print the direct deposit earnings statements, for some reason, they get kicked out of GP. They log back in and continue with the printing, not knowing anything is wrong, and then when they post, everything is doubled. Is there any kind of utility that can be run to remove these duplicates? We don't want to restore from a backup because other work has been done that would be lost. This takes A LOT of time to manually remove these duplicates ...

lines of text...notes box
I have created a custom database for our marketing woman, I have designed the table and layout...but I have created a Notes box for the user to enter information into. But the notes box is getting full and I would like to configure it so the notes box can be unlimited rows or attach a text file to the table if needed...I have read somewhere thatg the notes box is limited to 255 lines is that right?? any help gratefully recieved but please be aware I dont know much about access Hi Mister Bobzi, Rather than defining the notes area as a Text field, make its properties a Memo field. A M...

How do I save notes in outlook?
I have a number of Notes saved for Outlook 2003 and I have lost them in the past because I assumed they we're saved along with my Archieve information, only to find out later they were not. Had to start creating them from scratch which was a pain. How can Outlook 2003 NOTES be saved? Please advise. Thanks. You can copy/export the Notes to a PST file. To export use the File menu > Import & Export command or you can open a PST using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File command then drag/drop the notes into the other PST. "jhr07" <jhr07@discussions.mi...

security issue in notes
we are facing a security issue with notes in MSCRM 3.0 I want some users to be banned from the entity account e.g. So I set a security that they can only see their own accounts (user level) Now I want them to be able to access all contacts. So I set a security so they have full access on contacts. For the notes, I need to give them access to notes so they can attach docs and view all notes on all contacts. Now if this user has advanced find privileges, he will be able to query the notes of ALL accounts in the advanced finds. Anyone experienced this before? any way to restrict that acc...

bold font for lotus notes email
I am using the following code in Access 2003 to send an email in Lotus notes. I want to bold some text, does anyone know how I can amend this code to allow for some bold text? Public Sub SendQtrNotesMail(Subject As String, Recipient As String, WL As String, SQA As String, _ DC As String, ADR As String, TDR As String, SafetyNote As String, QualityNote As String, _ ProdNote As String, SaveIt As Boolean) 'Set up the objects required for Automation into lotus notes Dim Maildb As Object 'The mail database Dim UserName As String 'The current users notes name Dim...

Access 2007 Note table in date order, note form is not. What can I
-- Rachel Rollins Rachel, The first thing you can is learn to use this big white sapce to post your question. My Subject Line got cut off and I almost missed the question. No answer your question... Use a query based on your table as a RecordSource for your form. (Table order is irrelevant to the form otherwise.) In that query you can set the Sort Order of the records to be by the date field. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Rach...

Re-posted: New Record after Filter
Hello experts, This is what i've used for my subform(FormSub) to interact with my treeview control on the Main Form(FormMain) of my database. Forms!FormMain.FormSub.SourceObject = "Form1" Forms!FormMain.FormSub.Form.Filter = "SPP = Forms!FormMain.USite" Forms!FormMain.FormSub.Form.FilterOn = True SPP = Table column associated in Form1 Forms!FormMain.Usite = Text box control on my FormMain And it works perfectly fine. Now I need to know how to do to make it open (The subform) always in a new record. As of now it always open on the first record with filtered note...

CRM Notes Error # 2...........
Here is the second error in Event Log................. Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 5/10/2005 Time: 11:49:20 AM User: N/A Computer: CRM11 Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Message: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line...

add note to body or notes
Outlook 2003 SP1 Hi, The following script adds a note to existing notes in the notes field. '----------------- Sub CommandButtonNewEntry_Click() On Error Resume Next Item.Body = Now() & " " & pCurUserName & ": " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & Item.Body End Sub '----------------- My problem is that all the formatting is lost and turns it to plain text. Any ideas on how to keep the formatting that exists in the notes field? Thanks, Joel Depends on the item. If it's an email, it's probably html, so read/write the s...

Does notes in outlook 2003 have a word limit?
I just tried to save my document in a note, but it copied just a part of the document. Tried many times, but cant paste the whole document in it. It is just a 3 page word text. Does notes in outlook 2003 have a word limit? or am I doing something the wrong way? I'm not sure where the limit is on notes, but I'm having a hard time understanding why you would want to paste a 3-page Word document into that tiny yellow square. What is it that you're trying to accomplish? Maybe we can figure out a better way to do it? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower h...

PowerPoint Notes
How do you change the viewing size of PowerPoint notes - I have some slides where the text looks very large even after I have reduced the font size Hi Mike Where are you viewing the notes? Notes Page?? In Presenter view?? Which version of PowerPoint? John "Mike_I" <Mike_I@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74CD8892-D1DF-47A3-9E8D-45508BD78FD3@microsoft.com... > How do you change the viewing size of PowerPoint notes - I have some > slides > where the text looks very large even after I have reduced the font size > > _________...

Page into Side Note
Is there a command that will turn a page into a side note? Thanks, s Not sure what you mean. Side Notes are just pages that are stored in Unfiled Notes. You can drag/drop any page to Unfiled Notes. If you want, you can change the color to yellow and remove the title bar with File | Page Setup and making the choices on the pane that opens to the right. -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "sam" wrote: > Is there a command that will turn a page into a side note? > > Thanks, > > s > >...

SOP transactions not posted/posted??? #3
Hi, I have a weird sort of Error in the SOP module of Great Plains version 7 (pervasive) The smart list shows an Invoice as unposted, but when go do to the Sales Transaction entry screen and enter the invoice number, a pop up displays a message that the inovoice number is posted??? i have tried to run check links, but it shows no errors... so how can this be resolved... thanks in advance Sajid Saeed ...

Lotus Notes and MS SBS+CRM
Hello to all, I have one customer who want to use CRM with Notes. He has using NT4 PDC, NT4 BDC, Fil/Print server, Notes, SQL, AS/400 and Citrix. Now he is intresting in AD using small business server with MS CRM. I need idea for this structure who can i make this in working or any other idea for AD, CRM, Notes and Citrix. *Customer have 45 empoly in local office and around 12000 empoly in all over the world. -- Olav Click Soft The short answer: No. The long answer: Not with SBS. He could commit to a full AD configuration, and add Exchange for the CRM Email functionality, but he'...

Use a Word template in Notes section of Outlook Appointment
I need to insert a Word 2007 template into the "Notes" section of an appointment in Outlook 2007. When I paste the template and try it, it works beautifully. However, when I save the appointment and re-open it the functionality of the template is lost; it is only text. I did save the Word Template in "Trusted Documents". I appreciate any help you can give me! ...

Copy here as Note with Text
I have an all day appointment which I believe Outlook call an Event. In this event I have text in the bottom box. I now try to copy this event to the Notes folder. The message " copy here as note with text" pops up and I go. When I open the note there is no text from the original event. This used to work fine in 2000, but no longer seems to work. Is this a problem or what? It is for me. Thanks In Advance Ralph Walti The Buyers Alternative www.TBAgifts.com ...

Problems with Lotus Notes
Some users of my firm can't receive emails from clients from others firms using some versions of Lotus Notes. The sender has a error message returned who says that there is a problem delivering the mail. Have you heard about a problem like that ? And what can I do ? Could Exchange SP1 solve my problem ? Thanks. Arnaud ...

Service notes into invoice paperwork?
When invoicing service calls, is there a place (or a way) to tranfer service call notes to the invoice. On all of our service calls we have technician notes that need to also go onto the invoice for customer billing (customers seem to like to know why they are getting billed). I notice in service call entry, if you hit the printer icon on the top right of the window it shows you a service call ticket, that has some additional notes field below - but I'm guessing that is for printing out and hand writing instead of filling out electronically (if not please let me know). Anyhow, we...

Notes
Hello - Our IT person had to reinstall Outlook and all of my Notes were lost. I'm being told they can't be found. Does anybody know what the filename extension is for Microsoft Outlook Notes ???? Thanks. Notes, along with all other Outlook items, are stored in a file with the extension of .PST. If you are on an Exchange SErver, they are stored on the server. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Chuck" <chuck@karpus.com> wrote in message ...

Removing Customer ID & Sales Orders with posted Invoices
Hi, I have a situation, may I know how do I remove a customer record and sales order with posted invoices. Will it affect my debtors aging report in anyway? Thanks. Regards, Andrew Andrew, What exactly do you mean by 'remove'? "Illion" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b31701c46815$1b645a60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a situation, may I know how do I remove a customer > record and sales order with posted invoices. Will it > affect my debtors aging report in anyway? Thanks. > > Regards, > Andrew Sorry...