Not receiving email in outlook

Help!!  Pc challenged here.  I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, but
not receiving any new or return mail.  Running XP, SP2.
0
Paula (89)

Do you get any errors when you try to receive mail? Also, you mention XP. Is
that your OS or version of Outlook?

"Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help!!  Pc challenged here.  I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem,
> but
> not receiving any new or return mail.  Running XP, SP2.

0
vince8328 (2732)
10/22/2005 9:56:19 PM
Hi Vince, and thank you for responding.  XP is my OS.  The error message I'm
getting is:  Ox8004210A  the operation timed out waiting for a response from
the receiving (POP) server.  If you continue to receive this error contact
your server administrator or ISP.

Now, just to add more confusion to the mix, I managed to do the stupid thing
(as usual lol) and change the pop server over to my yahoo mail account.  Now
my yahoo inbox is empty, I've received some mail, but not receiving any
again.  Is it possible to retrieve the mail from my yahoo inbox that appears
to be "in limbo"?  Remember, I'm not exactly pc saavy so if you send
instructions back, try to make them idiot proof.

Thanks again so much!! Paula

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Do you get any errors when you try to receive mail? Also, you mention XP. Is
> that your OS or version of Outlook?
>
> "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help!!  Pc challenged here.  I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem,
> > but
> > not receiving any new or return mail.  Running XP, SP2.

0
Paula (89)
10/22/2005 10:18:02 PM
Yahoo doesn't allow POP3 downloads unless you're using a Mail Plus account.

Are you using some anti-virus software to scan incoming mail? If so, try
disabling it temporarily.

> Hi Vince, and thank you for responding.  XP is my OS.  The error message
> I'm
> getting is:  Ox8004210A  the operation timed out waiting for a response
> from
> the receiving (POP) server.  If you continue to receive this error contact
> your server administrator or ISP.
>
> Now, just to add more confusion to the mix, I managed to do the stupid
> thing
> (as usual lol) and change the pop server over to my yahoo mail account.
> Now
> my yahoo inbox is empty, I've received some mail, but not receiving any
> again.  Is it possible to retrieve the mail from my yahoo inbox that
> appears
> to be "in limbo"?  Remember, I'm not exactly pc saavy so if you send
> instructions back, try to make them idiot proof.

0
vince8328 (2732)
10/23/2005 10:13:11 AM
All is working well now, I'm receiving in Outlook and & Yahoo as well.  I
hadn't checked off the "leave a copy in the server" box.  Once I did that I
receive in both accounts.  Here's the strange thing, I don't have a Mail Plus
account, but perhaps that's because I did sign up with Yahoo!Delivers.  POP
access is a free feature with Delivers.  The downside is the Yahoo junk mail.
 Thanks Vince for your help and taking the time to respond!

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Yahoo doesn't allow POP3 downloads unless you're using a Mail Plus account.
>
> Are you using some anti-virus software to scan incoming mail? If so, try
> disabling it temporarily.
>
> "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Vince, and thank you for responding.  XP is my OS.  The error message
> > I'm
> > getting is:  Ox8004210A  the operation timed out waiting for a response
> > from
> > the receiving (POP) server.  If you continue to receive this error contact
> > your server administrator or ISP.
> >
> > Now, just to add more confusion to the mix, I managed to do the stupid
> > thing
> > (as usual lol) and change the pop server over to my yahoo mail account.
> > Now
> > my yahoo inbox is empty, I've received some mail, but not receiving any
> > again.  Is it possible to retrieve the mail from my yahoo inbox that
> > appears
> > to be "in limbo"?  Remember, I'm not exactly pc saavy so if you send
> > instructions back, try to make them idiot proof.

0
Paula (89)

Email groups some working some not
I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a pattern to which work and which don't. It isn't the incorrect setting of the expansion server (checked that). There is no logging trail - the emails just go to the ether. With no faults being reported I've no idea how to go about a fix. On 18 Jun 2006 21:30:54 -0700, imscott@bigpond.net.au wrote: >I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups >working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a...

outlook xp not responding
Hi, problem : sometimes when i start outlook, you get the screen and you can't do anything, sometimes when a write a mail, it stop and doesn't respond any longer, sometimes when i want to open mails, same situation. i guess it has something to do with the security in level1remove. does this ring a bel for anyone ?? greets, c yes it does, Click File, Options, Other, and uncheck the option to load the messenger. "christophe" <christophe.roos@pandora.be> wrote in message news:03ca01c35545$86d423e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > problem : sometimes when i...

Default account when replying to certain email address
I experienced a problem last evening that is really confusing me. I emailed a friend I had not corresponded with in some time. Outlook 2003 is refusing to use my default email account when replying to this one email address. I have five different email accounts set up for particular purposes, and xyz@kirtland.com (example) is set as default. Nearly everything I send uses this address unless I specifically tell Outlook to do otherwise. When I send email to one particular person, Outlook insists in using an alternate account to send, regardless of telling it otherwise. I'm out of i...

Delayed Email Reception
Hello. I have a client who is using SBS 2008 Standard. On several occasions in the last week or so he has called to complain that he is receiving some email messages one day after they had originally been sent. Other mail is not coming in at all. There was a recent issue where he had his client on the phone while said client attempted to re-send the mystery mail message. He is receiving mail for the most part. However, there are times when mail does not arrive, or it arrives a day after it had been sent. Thank you Mail Client = Microsoft Outlook -- Osteele --------------...

Outlook 2000 password saving probem
I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my pop3. Also it always asked me for a password when I send an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save password box. Anyone know a fix for this problem? Plkease help. >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the >passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me >for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my >pop3. Also it always asked me ...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

Outlook runtime to terminate.
I have up dated to Windows xp Home. Now Outlook will not run. I have downloaded up dated. What do I need to do to run outlook on windows xp? ...

Start up of Outlook 2003
I'm fairly new to my Outlook 2003 and really appreciate its features. I've started using the calendar. Originally, when Outlook started, the Personal Folders was the initial selection, which gave me my calendar entries for the next few days. Now it starts up with the in box selected. Is there a way to force the start up screen to the Personal Folders? Thanks, Dennis Assuming you mean Outlook Today, go to the Outlook Today page and click Customize Outlook Today...select the checkbox for "When starting, go directly to Outlook Today". If this doesn't work, you need...

Emailing Newsletters
I would like to find out how to email a four page newsletter to contacts in my database and have them be able to see all pages, not only the front page. Any help? Thanks ..pdf it. Works every time. If that isn't an option, visit http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html JoAnn "jc" <jcpagan@fir.com> wrote in message news:0bc201c3dc4c$fe7c4c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to find out how to email a four page > newsletter to contacts in my database and have them be > able to see all pages, not only the front page. > > Any help? > Thanks ...

Email rules??
If I set the email 'rules' option in Outlook or Outlook express to detect the word "pain", they both also pick up the word 'Painting" as well. Is there a way to prevent this? Thx ...

Outlook keeps hanging on mobile broadband connection
Hi there, are there any settings that I should check to stop Outlook from keep hanging when I'm on a mobile broaband connection? All other internet program work just fine, it is only Outlook that has an issue with it. I shoiuld mention that it is Outlook 2007 on XP Pro SP 3. The task bar icon is permanently set to "Microsoft Outlook is requesting dats from the server". Messages stay in the Outbox until you kill the Outlook process and restart it. what type of email account? do you have outlook set to use any internet connection? -- ...

New email moved in Deleted items folder
Hi, After we activated a rule to transfert new e-mail to another mailbox all new e-mail were automatically moved to the deleted items folder. We had used this rule before with no problem. I first deactivate the rule and e-mail are still going to deleted items. I've also tried to delete the rule but still have the problem. It's an Exchange 2007 user mailbox and we are using Outlook 2007 on client side. Line Open Outlook with the /cleanrules switch to deactivate all rules both client and server side. You may have rules in conflict. "LM" <LM@discussio...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

How do I retrieve my Earthlink email through Outlook?
I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through Outlook. BK <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my > computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything > checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through > Outlook. Did you speak to Earthlink's support staff? -- Brian Tillman ...

Sharing Calendars Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003 on a community college employee network. I have created an additional calendar under my main Calendar folder and would like to share it with selected personnel. I am able to right click on the calendar and select "Sharing..." from the context sensitive menu. Then I go to the Permissions tab and Add the personnel from the resulting dialog box. I then assign appropriate editing options and they end up listed as "Reviewer". How do the new Reviewers access this calendar from their computer? I am able to share the default calendar with no problems, but am at...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Outlook.pst has been damaged by another application
Outlook 97 has been running fine. It was minimized on the Win NT desktop. A new user mistakenly started up Outlook Express then exited out. When Outlook 97 is started now it generates the error message: The message file C:\WINNT\OUTLOOK.PST can no longer be accessed because it has been damaged by another application. Is there a way to repair the file or recover the data? -R. Baron Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against the .PST file to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my...

Outlook
Hi, I have just got a new PC with Windows 7 and installed office 2007. When I tried to start newsgroups from outlook I needed to add the "News" command to the "Go" menu. I had done this on my old PC (Windows XP) but now the "News" command does not appear in the commands on the Customize window. When I select the "Go" category I get 17 commands as listed below. Is there an Add-in that I need? or can someone please tell me how to get the "News" command. Inbox Mail Drafts Outbox Sent Items Calendar Contacts Tasks Notes My Com...

Emailed documents sent as Read-Only
When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? If we email it internally, users on the network can edit it, no problem. Thanks. compsosinc@gmail.com wrote: >When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". >We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? My guess is that they're opening the attachment from the preview/reading pane of the client. Ask them to open the message and /then/ open the attachment. -- Rich Matheisen ...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

email partial worksheet
How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you wan to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you want >to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

Error message in Outlook
When I try to open a link in Outlook I get this error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effec on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator, and I have tried Microsoft 'Fix it' and other sites. I am at a complete loss. Can anyone help? I'm not sure any question has been answered more often than this one. Never hurts to search the group before you reveal the fact that you haven't bothered to do so. It would save both you and us some time if you did. http://www.slipstick.com/prob...

Outlook Express #42
Everytime I get an attachment in my Outlookexpress I can not see it. The error message is as follows: "OE Removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: and the name of the file ie: .xl". Is there a fix for that? Rick wrote: > Everytime I get an attachment in my Outlookexpress I can > not see it. The error message is as follows: > > "OE Removed access to the following unsafe attachments in > your mail: and the name of the file ie: .xl". > > Is there a fix for that? Tools-Options-Security. And a tip - PLEASE do a Google search b...

hidden pictures in email (Outlook2002)
Hi Getting some spam - when looking at the spam-email using my PPC (Dell Axim 3 connected to my PC and sync'ed (including emails)) I sometimes see on the PPC that the spam-email have an attachment which is not shown in Outlook on my PC when I open such a spam-email with the PPC the email is empty but a picture (with a lot of text) is attached 8-) why do Outlook on my PC not warn me about the attachment? can you tell me why it is done, what is the trick???? -- erik Denmark -- erik Denmark "erik" <fox44REMOVETHIS@c.dk> wrote in message news:%23OaOjXegGHA.357...