Not quite there with file sharing

I'm able to see and change my calendar and contact files
in my shared docs folder from both my laptop and desktop,
using the info in
us;294759

However, I can't seem to save a local copy on my laptop.
When the desktop, which is where the shared docs folder
is located, is turned off, I lose all access to my
calendar and contacts.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
0
dhayner (1)

Reestablishing Outlook Files from a Different Location
Just recovering from a crash with a new hard drive. Using XP with Outlook 2003 and need to change from the default path to c:\exchange for the location of all Outlook Files, Mail Boxes, Address Book, Contacts, Folders, etc. Managed to change path for Address Book, but not the rest. Not on network Need to recover old e-mail, folders, etc. Any and all assistance gratefully appreciated. -- Les Les <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just recovering from a crash with a new hard drive. Using XP with > Outlook 2003 and need to change from the default path to c:\excha...

Sharing multiple sections in one OneNote Live session
Hey there, I use OneNote 2007 for my business meetings with my colleagues, at first, i wanna say it's very useful for brainstorming and also that it did help me a lot! But i have got a question - is it possible in OneNote to share all the sections i have got in one notebook (actually, the whole notebook) in one live session? If i say it in example: When i am going to create a live session, it shares only the section where i am currently located in, so the attendees of the meeting will see only that one particular section. IS THERE A WAY HOW TO SHARE MULTIPLE SECTIONS ...

file not found
Launching Great Plains 8 from Citrix , can login ok but during initialization receive message window "Run Application Error" File Not Found:""GP8" "True" "VNAGPTEST" "VNA" "currym" "vnatexas"" allows us to click OK and application seems to work normally. Please advise. Thank you Mark currym@vnatexas.org Can you provide the properties of the Citrix icon you are using? It sounds like either there's something wrong with how the app was published or it's trying to find a dictionary. If you can look...

CRM ISV file
After modifying the ISV file to add customize menus as follows: <Home code="home"> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_2.gif" Title="Custom Module" URL="http://localhost/myapp/cgaapp.aspx" Id="myapp" /> </Home> And modified the web.config in the CRM root directory as follows: <add key="ISVIntegration" value="On"/> And then IISreset Nothing happends, any ideas why? Please help. Thanks, David Did you publish your changes in the Deployment manager before you did the IIS restart? ...

PST file
I am using Outlook 2000 - corporate / workgroup configuration. I have a large PST file that I use to archive old emails. The file is 2GB! I got an error message, and cannot access or open the file. Error message is. "UNABLE TO DISPLAY THE FOLDER. ERRORS HAVE BEEN DETECTED in xxx.PST FILE. QUIT & USE INBOX REPAIR TOOL". I tried the inbox repair tool, but again, an error occured before it finised "phase 4 of 8". I think the error is due to the file being so large..... I just want to be able to access it to backup some of the data to disk, and trim down so...

How to paint some picture files(like Bitmap file) to the form?
I am a Visual C++ MFC programming beginner. I have an easy question that How to paint some picture files(like Bitmap file) to the form? Please help me. Thank you very much. I mean, many pictures, not only one or two. 1) Put a picture static control on the form. 2) Associate a control variable with the control. 3) Use SetBitmap(...) method of CStatic class. -- Vipin Aravind "Ke Xiaofeng" <kexiaofeng@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139910963.128022.81680@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I am a Visual C++ MFC programming beginner. I have an easy question > that How...

error: File may have been changed
ok this is my first time to this forum or any forum that dusnt have to do with my car so please bear with me...i am having an issue at work with saving files in excel. the error reads as follows: The file '...' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case what do you want Save A Copy Overwrite Changes All the files i am saving are on a network folder which no one has access to except myself. This means that no one can be saving my files. If i hit ssave in excel it brings up this box and i will hit overwrite changes than if i hit save it asks me again....

Moving my files to a new computer
So I've copied my old .pst file to my new computer, used Tools>options>mail setup>data files to introduce outlook to it, and reset it to to default and removed the old entry so there is just the one entry in the list. Both my new and old outlooks are 2003. So far so good and I can see my mail folders and contacts in the left hand pane, *but* tools>address book is not showing any of my contact addresses, nor will check names show them. Anyone know whay or can point me at an article that tells me what to do? Also, I have several email accounts is there an easy way of movi...

Cannot open project file
Hi Can anybody suggest a reason why my Project 2003 file has suddenly stopped opening? It displays the error message 'Project cannot recognise this file format. Do you want to open the file as text only'. Anybody come across this before? Thanks Hi, Is this all files or just this one? If it's just the one, file corruption is a possibility, try a backup copy. If all files, then have you just updated to SP3? If so, legacy (older formats) are restricted by default. Under Tools, Options, Security tab, select the third option, allow legacy formats and try agai...

Updating excel template in multiple files
I am creating a template in Excel that will be used by multiple people. The template will consist of an inputs sheet and an outputs sheet with vlookups so that results from different periods can be displayed, and the user can select which period to view. To this end (once I finish creating the template and validated with all users), I intend to make copies of the file and provide to each user. In terms of version control, I was planning to protect document and instruct users that changes in the template could only be made every 6 months or annually and it would require a lot of effort ...

Why different printing, it's the same file?
We have 2 workstations. Work station A has Windows 2000 OS, wit Office 2000. Workstation B has Windows XP with Office 2000. I Excel, we have a workbook on a network drive. Workstation A views an prints the doc fine. A 30 word comment field fits perfectly into th cell. Cell height is 78.20. Font is arial 8 point. In regular edi view the text fills the cell. In print preview or printing, the cel prints but the words don't fill the entire cell. There is a blan line. Which is OK I guess. For some reason when opening the same file on workstation B, the cel height gets changed to 6...

Import text file to a SINGLE ROW?
How do I import text into a single row in excel? So far, I have tried the following in Excel 2002 SP3 >data>import external data > import data > delimited> tap and colon to seperate the data I get data that is placed in a similar format to the text file, in several columns and several rows, but I need all of the data in seperate columns within the same row. How do I do this in excel? Thanks, Robazefa -- robazefa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robazefa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28...

Desktop to allow visual sorting of files&folders using a cell syst
(This is not a Word subject, but is regarding "Desktop display".) When I look at the desktop, I sometimes wish I could sort my files and folders. I imagine a system of boxes or cells to group items. The Desktop would look like a table of cells and the user would be able to put for example all the work files & folders in a cell, all the personal files&folders in another cell. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" butt...

File type default for {File
I open a large number of files in Excel from within the application to force the Text Import Wizard to run. The "Files of Type" is always the default "All Microsoft Excel Files". It would be wonderful if I could make the default "All Files (*.*). I have searched for a solution but found nothing. Is there a way? Can anyone help? GetOpenFilename Method See Also Applies To Example Specifics Displays the standard Open dialog box and gets a file name from the user without actually opening any files. expression.GetOpenFilename(FileFilter, FilterIndex, Ti...

how can i make a drug file names
given all the drug names to make a file with the generic and the brand names with the therapuetic classification how can you make a file out of that? You should really ask yourself what do you want to do with the file once it is made. If it is just to be able to find the brand name and classification from the generic name (or vice-versa), then you could set up a sheet with three columns - put "Generic" in A1, "Brand" in B1 and "Classification" in C1 as headings. Then, start entering your data under the appropriate column heading. Once your data is added, click ...

Multiple PST file
Hi, Can I keep multiple pst files in Outlook? advise me Thanks in advance smith Dear, Why not - just add it Go to File, Data File Management, Add -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Smith" wrote: > Hi, > Can I keep multiple pst files in Outlook? > > advise me > > Thanks in advance > smith Thanks - it worked "Anver" wrote: > Dear, > Why not - just add it > Go to File, Data File Management, Add > > -- > (Please respond to this question > Was this post...

Getting rid of excel message after quiting excel
L.S., Via Oracle I save an excel-file to a text (txt) file. In the Oracle-code I want to automatically close Excel, but the message: 'test.txt is not in Microsoft97-format. Do you want to save your changes? bla bla bla.' Is there a way this message can be skipped? The same for the message 'test.txt already exists. Overwrite file?'. Hope anyone can help me! Wilco Morren Hi Wilco Application.DisplayAlerts = False is the standard way, assuming you are talking Excel VBA code. Hope it translates to "Oracle code" one way or another. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Exce...

Loop through a range Open a file
Hello I have a range AA3:AA:33 that contains either "yes" or "no". and a list of files (myfile.csv) in A3:A33 I would like to loop through the range AA3:AA33 and if the value is yes open the coresponding file in column A. The path to the file is previously determined by code to be MyPath. Thanks Try code like the following Dim R As Range For Each R In Range("AA3:AA33").Cells If StrComp(R.Text, "yes", vbTextCompare) = 0 Then Workbooks.Open Filename:=MyPath & "\" & _ R.EntireRow.Cells(1, "A&...

Application.Quit / DoCmd.Quit Fails
Greetings: I was looking at the task manager and just noticed that Access isn't really closing when I exit my application. One copy of Access shows up in the processes list for each time I open and close the application. (It doesn't appear in the applications list.) I've read dozens of posts about the merits of DoCmd.Quit v. Application.Quit, closing recordsets and setting their variables = Nothing. No matter what I do, Access remains open in the background. Here are the significant parts of my code: Private Sub cmdQuit_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmMenuMain", ac...

Relative File locations
I have a program that opens file #1 in folder XYZ. In this file is a reference to another file #2 in another folder. Is there a way to reference file #2 so if I put file #2 and file #1 in the same folder, the reference will always be made to the folder that contains the file #1, no matter where I may relocate it? Thanks, ...

Log files in Great Plains 8.0
We use a web based program to import orders from our website into Great Plains. We have recently come across some errors where invoices show up with no associated order or customer information. The only thing that shows on these invoices is item information. I believe these invoices are generated somehow by a glitch in the import we do for our web orders. Is there a log file somewhere in GP where I can see what information was entered based on date? Or if anyone else has experienced this problem before, am I correct in my assumption that the "ghost" invoices are being caused by ...

Can I view an excel file without having the excel programme.
I have been sent a file that is in excel that I would like to view. I only have MS Works and will be getting office soon. I have recently used wordpad to view a word document but have never used MS works before. an tips? "boogietracy" <boogietracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11EA8041-48E5-4616-ACDD-752A9B347194@microsoft.com... > I have been sent a file that is in excel that I would like to view. I only > have MS Works and will be getting office soon. I have recently used wordpad > to view a word document but have never used MS works befo...

Cutting a BMP file to two BMP file
Hi Can you please let me know how Can I cut a BMP file to 2 Bitmap file. I do not want to change the widht of file but yes I wish to split the height. Do I need to just copy the bits and it will get done? Thanks Anup On Sep 16, 2:20=A0pm, Matrixinline <anup.kata...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > Can you please let me know how Can I cut a BMP file to 2 Bitmap file. > I do not want to change the widht of file but yes I wish to split the > height. > > Do I need to just copy the bits and it will get done? > > Thanks > Anup Create a new bitmap of desired size an...

file dialog #2
When I open a file dialog, it always defaults to My Documents. Is there a mthod of API call that I can use to make a file dialog default to the application's working directory, or some other specified directory? Thanks. >When I open a file dialog, it always defaults to My Documents. Is there a >mthod of API call that I can use to make a file dialog default to the >application's working directory, or some other specified directory? Yes, you can alter the initial directory. The rules are explained in the description of the lpstrInitialDir member of the OPENFILENAME struct...

HOWTO hibernate winXP via a btach file
Hi, I came to find, in windows XP SP3, that the command, _-%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe_PowrProf.dll,_SetSuspendState_m2-_ or _-rundll32.exe_powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState_0,1,0-_ executed at a command prompt, triggers the hibernation process as hibermation proceeds; I can see the winXP progress bar. But unfortunately it does not stop their, my machine resumes from hibernation, within seconds, unless I switch-off the power as soon as hibernation completes. The same is the case, when I use the power switch. Thru the Power Config UI, I have chosen the hibernation option, ...