Not downloading messages from Imap account

This is very weird.  On Sunday afternoon, OL quit downloading messages
from my mail server.  The account is configured as IMAP.  Sunday
afternoon there were a couple of Windows updates (none involving OL),
which required a reboot.  Since then, nothing downloads from the server.

When I click on Send/Recieve, I see that it contacts the mail server.
Displaying the status window shows it connecting, then it says
"complete".  No error messages - just no new email.

If I logon to the server using a webmail app (Squirrelmail, which also
happens to be imap), I see that since Sunday afternoon I have ~45 new
email messages.

Just for grins, I looked at the logs on the mail server and can verify
that Outlook is logging on correctly (a connection is made).  This is
further verified that I *can* do things like send messages (and a copy
is put in the Sent folder on the server), create new folders (on the
server), move & delete messages.  Basically, everything is working
EXCEPT downloading the new messages.

--

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Chris Barnes                           AOL IM: CNBarnes

throttle bandwidth of incoming messages on Exchange 5.5?
I just doubled my incoming bandwith on the Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. Is there a way to throttle the bandwidth a bit - the server is older and is really getting hit when a large file is sent? Same question for outgoing messages. -- Thanks in advance, Les Caudle Les Caudle wrote: > I just doubled my incoming bandwith on the Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. > > Is there a way to throttle the bandwidth a bit - the server is older and is > really getting hit when a large file is sent? > > Same question for outgoing messages. > -- > Thanks in advance, Les Caudle Lower the messag...

After upgade Loan account is now a credit card account
I have 4 accounts with our credit union most converted okay from Money 2006 to money plus 2 accounts 1-car loan 1- RV loan became credit accounts how do I change this back to a loan account? If I delete the account it wants to delete ALL my credit union accounts. thanks Jeff Found the problem....... "JG" <jlgs1947@fairpoint.net> wrote in message news:hMednYGRk7FKIpranZ2dnUVZ_sKqnZ2d@neonova.net... >I have 4 accounts with our credit union most converted okay from Money 2006 >to money plus > 2 accounts 1-car loan 1- RV loan became credit accounts how do I change...

Forwarding more than 2 messages results in messages bundled as attachments
Is there any way to forward multiple emails within Outlook (xp) as seperate emails to the recipient? If you try to highlight more than one message and forward it, it will treat the emails as attachments within the message. Thanks the only way is one at a time... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote...

How to be notified when messages are delivered or read

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

Unread Messages Folder in Favorites Folders
I used to have an unread mail folder in my favorite folders. Somewhere along the way it disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back. It is nowhere within my 'All Mail Folders' folder tree. This actually happended on a couple of my machines. I know I can setup a 'View' that shows me only unread messages in the current folder. However the other folder showed me uread meassages throught my whole folder tree and all accounts. Thanx. Look in the All Mail Folders tree under Search Folders. If it's not there, right click the Search Folders folder and s...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

New messages ending up in Inbox instead of Draft
Hi Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am using the below code from within Access to send emails via outlook. Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objOutlookMsg .To = "me@mydomian.com" .Subject = "Subject Here" .HTMLBody = "This is the body text..." .Save End With The problem is that instead of messages being saved in Draft folder, they are ending up saved in Inbox. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards I don't know what t...

Analytical accounting posted entries details are missing
Hi All, We have posted a purchasing transaction entry with dimension codes. After posted this in general ledger we are not able to view the dimension details in Journal entry inquiry. We found in backend tables(AAG3000X) are missing the same. This is not only happening in purchasing module, it is happening for all modules even entries which are posted directly in GL. We are using GP 10 with SP1 and SQL Server 2005 SP2. Please guide me to solve this issue. Hi Jay, Have you deployed AA to all computers with GP? Is this happening all the time or intermittently? Init...

Savings account management
Can I use Money to "split" transfers into a savings account linked to Money to track totals for specific savings goals? Similar to a split transaction but without hitting income? To display subtotals of the bank total into my groups? Hello, I'm not a real experienced user, but I will take a stab at this one. Would it be sufficient to you to create a subcategory of Income/Interest (or transfers, however you want to categorize the transactions) that you can view through a report? You could use your custom (sub)category when you split the transactions. You might not get th...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

Importing messages #6

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Disable attachment message
We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to open attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not find it there either ? TIA Darryl You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave W...

Welcome Message
Hi, I have a user who receives the Outlook Welcome Message everytime they open Outlook. How can i stop the message from appearing? Thanks, Jen see below: From: Outlook 2003 Team [mailto:olteam@Microsoft.com] Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:32 PM To: New Outlook User Subject: Welcome to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Thank you for using Microsoft� Office Outlook� 2003! This version of Outlook includes new capabilities designed to help you access, prioritize, and act on communications and information so that you may use your time more efficiently and more easily manage the ever-incre...

Outlook 2003
We have a small office of just six users who are all on Office 2003. When the Message settings on a message are set to an Importance of Low or High, the recipient gets the message with a Normal Importance. The same thing is happening with the sensitivity settings. However, when using my personal laptop, these settings work on both sending and receiving, using the same network connection as the machines in the office. Any ideas? ...

Old Messages Being Resent
I am running Exhange 5.5 with NT 4.0 (I know, don't laugh). I moseyed in this morning and found out that messages sent to our parent company only (not internal, and not internet mail) were resent over the weekend multiple times...one guy said he got 137 messages. Some of these messages go all the way back to April and have since been deleted from Sent items and no longer in the user's mailbox. I have checked my Internet Mail Connector and find nothing wrong there or with any particular mailbox. Any insight into what would cause this is greatly appreciated. BCD Hi BCD, The ma...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Message Body Missing
After upgrading to Outlook 2003 message text in the body of the message is missing or no longer visible. ...

Money 2005
I have used Money since version 2002 and upgraded to 2003, 2004 but I am having problems with 2005. I have two American Express accounts - one for me and for my wife. When I ask Money to update the transactions with the update function it states that it is updating the account with transacitons. After the update I see no transactions downloaded. Now if I go to the American Express site directly and then open an oxf.ofx file (Open Financial Exchange File) it seems to work fine. I get the pop-up box "import complete". The transactions are downloaded fine. How do I get this...

Download OE 6
I am running Win 98 and O E 5. There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am trying to download 0 E 6. Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so I am unable to open the file. I also get a message saying that another version is pending so I need to reboot but after reboot I still do not have O E 6. What can I do. Les wrote: > I am running Win 98 and O E 5. > There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am > trying to download 0 E 6. > > Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so > I am unable to open the file. > >...

Error message #12
When I attempt to delete an Email from my inbox in Outlook 2000 I receive the following Error message. "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. Please restart outlook". I've restarted outlook and even rebooted my computer and nothing wooks. Please help Have you applied the Office Service Packs to Office? One of them, I believe it was SP-2, fixes this problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After search...

Opening Links in E-mail Messages in Same IE Window
I have just installed Outlook 2003. Now, each time I open a new URL using shortcuts/links imbedded in an e-mail, a new IE browser window opens. I would prefer to reuse windows for launching successive email shortcuts and I have checked that option in Internet Explorer Properties-to no avail. The way it works right now means that I have to keep closing all extra browser windows created each time I click another link in an e-mail message. I have also tried to edit the file type: URL:Hyper Text Transfer Protocol. I followed instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article # 256953 enti...