not connecting to exchange server

Hi,

am facing a problem while configuring MS Outlook-Xp,when i
want to connect to exchange server(2000),as i make users &
mail boxes on my server(eg.user name:user1 ,mail box in
exchange for user1=user1@mycompany.com)...and the password
for this user is Blank,but when am trying to configuring
the outlook at client its giving an error"user information
is not correct ........etc)but same user account is not
giving any error on other machine and some times at the
clients side when am tring to start outlook it's taking
time to start(taking time to give the option of
username,password,domain.
please send me the solution to this problem,i'll b very
much thankful to u.

Hi -

1) Do all the computers belong to the domain?
2) Do the users log in as their domain accounts on that domain?
3) Is the Exchange server on the same domain?

Polite wrote:
> Hi,
>
> am facing a problem while configuring MS Outlook-Xp,when i
> want to connect to exchange server(2000),as i make users &
> mail boxes on my server(eg.user name:user1 ,mail box in
> exchange for user1=user1@mycompany.com)...and the password
> for this user is Blank,but when am trying to configuring
> the outlook at client its giving an error"user information
> is not correct ........etc)but same user account is not
> giving any error on other machine and some times at the
> clients side when am tring to start outlook it's taking
> time to start(taking time to give the option of
> username,password,domain.
> please send me the solution to this problem,i'll b very
> much thankful to u.

0
lanwench (7567)

EXCHANGE 2003 and VISA Ultimate
I am having an issue running Exchange connected to a VISTA machine and wondering if anyone can guide me on this. I have three servers in my network, one running the server files and SQL, one running Exchange and one running backups. All are 2003 Enterprise. My desktop is running VISTA Ultimate, and to date have had no issues that could to be handled. Today, however, while I am still receiving email I cannot send anything through OUTLOOK 2007 with getting a message saying that I am not authorized to send mail. This has been working fine to date, so a little confused as to what is happen...

Exporting Exchange Data from Outlook
Hello I am a newbie, so maybe this is a dum question. I wish to export Outlook data from Exchange Server so that I can then import it into my new Win2003 Server/Exchange. I am simply moving from one organisation to another. What is the best method? Thanks in advance. Prakash prakash@logicalmicro.com Prak wrote: > Hello > I am a newbie, so maybe this is a dum question. > I wish to export Outlook data from Exchange Server > so that I can then import it into my new Win2003 Server/Exchange. > I am simply moving from one organisation to another. > What is the best method? > T...

Saving a password for an Exchange mailbox
Hello everybody, Outlook keeps asking me for my password when I log in to my Exchange server - I would like to save the password, though, and have Outlook log me in automatically. I presume this is possible because it works fine with my pop accounts. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers, Oliver What is the authentication type set under your Exchange server properties? Have you tried talking to your Exchange Admin about the password problem? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) viru...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

SQL Server Backup overwrite?
My current backups are stored here S:\backup\retail123.bak. I want to over write this backup with S:\backup\retail.bak using INIT. My question is will this make two copies (retail123.bak, retail.bak) or will this overwrite the existing retail123.bak and saves only one backup i.e. retail.bak. Do I need to add SKIP command also so that it will overwrite any backup exists in that folder with retail name? Please clarify.. On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:45:58 -0700 (PDT), Bero <robertatnova@gmail.com> wrote: >My current backups are stored here S:\backup\retail123.bak. >I want t...

Reinstall Exchange 2003 on Same Server
We have multiple problems on a current Windows 2003 Server (also a DC - will DCPROMO down first and wait for replication) with Exchange 2003; therefore, we would like to reinstall the OS on this server. **** The errors are related to an application we previously had installed on this server and no longer have.**** Anyhow, after the reinstall of the OS, we will put back Exchange 2003 DB (priv & pub files). Is there a proper high-level process you guys can tell me in how to approach this procedure? Thank you. you will need to use /DisasterRecovery switch http://www.msexchange....

"Server Busy" error
Sometimes when I try to do a function wher Money needs to fetch something on the web I get a dialog box like this: SERVER BUSY This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch to' to activate the busy program and correct the problem. SWITCH RETRY If I hit Switch, it only brings up the START menu. If I get Retry, it does nothing. I have no programs running in the background. When this happens I have to kill money with the task manager. Any ideas? Please mail to @JAIME_EMMANUELLI@Hotmail.COM (remove the @ before JAIME) if you can. -Jaime ...

New Exchange Server from an Old One
I have a currently running Exchange 2003 Std SP2 server. I am building a VMware VM for Exchange and was hoping to just move all of the mailboxes and what not to the new server. Is there a easy way to do this? If so, what are the steps? Move all the user mailboxes with movemailbox, then: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309A5FA3-AE27-4C88-AB81-68E14EAA6063@microsoft.com... >I have a currently running Exchange 2003 Std SP2 server. I am building a > VMware VM for Exchange and was hoping ...

FTE's in Portfolio Server vs Project Server
Is there a way that I can change the calendar for the calculation of FTE's in Portfolio Server? It appears to calculate FTE's based on an 8 hour day, resulting in my Project Server imported Resource Utilisation showing as 0.92 or something per FTE. FYI, the export from PPS to PS Resource Plan the value is correct 1 FTE = 1 FTE, it's just when I Update Availability do I see these different values. Any help would be great thanks, Martin Laukkanen ...

Exchange Migration to another domain
Hello, We need to migrate everything from one domain to another. Old domain is based on win2000 and Exchange 2000. New domain has new win2003 domain controller and it's also Exchange2003. I am trying to use ADMT 2.0 and it's working fine for moving user accounts, servers, but can i move mailboxes and public folders? It did not work for me. Is there document describing moving Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 in another domain? Thank you -- Ilya You are doing a Inter-org migration so you'll need to use the Migration wizard. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328871 Nue "ILYA...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

Installing Intelligent Message Filter on additional servers
I am currently running Exchange 2003 SP1 on four servers, two of which are frontend servers. One frontend server already has Intelligent Message Filter installed on it. I am now planning to install IMF on the second Frontend Server, are there any issues I should be aware of, will the install on the second server cause the Message Delivery tab at the top of the organisation to be updated to it's default settings? Non of the docs on IMF are very clear about the issue. thanx Susie There should be no issue and settings should not be overwritten. Altough maybe you should consider up...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Linked Servers
I would like to create two linked servers to the same data source. The first linked server has fairly open access to the database. The second linked server will have limited access to the database (readonly on one view). The two Linked Servers would be configured to access the database through different logins on the source server with different access to the same database. The first Linked Server works fine. I can't seem to configure a second linked server to the same datasource, even if I define the Server type as another data source. How can I create two linked s...

Exchange 2000 and OpenRelay
Hi Everybody, I would like to know to be sure that my exchange 2000 server isn't an openrelay. Thank for Help Regards Franck V. This article goes over how several methods to validate using telnet test, and verifying smtp settings. How to block open SMTP relaying and clean up Exchange Server SMTP queues in Windows Small Business Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324958 James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 20, 10:43 am, "Franck V" <franck.velayou...@insight.com> wrote: > Hi Everybody, > > I would like t...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

GAL entry for non exchange users
My company has several AD users that do not have exchange accounts. Because they don't have exchange accounts they are not visiable in the GAL. I need to add these users to the GAL with out allowing them to have email access. I am running Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. -- James D. Hi James, just create contact objects for those users in ADUC and they will appear in GAL. -- Regards, Sasa Milovanovic MCSE:Messaging sasa.milovanovic(at)exchangemaster.net www.eugeurope.org Korisnik "James D." napisao je: > My company has several AD users that do not have exchange a...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...