I tried to move FLAG STATUS column from the very right
side to the left side when I am in my Inbox. IT WON'T LET
ME!!

Anyone was able to do that?

0
Kenny7451 (2)

No.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Kenny Shu asked:

| I tried to move FLAG STATUS column from the very right
| side to the left side when I am in my Inbox. IT WON'T LET
| ME!!
|
| Anyone was able to do that?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Is this do-able?
Hello Everybody. A user has created a 'select' query in MS Access. He normally 1/ runs the query (the user is prompted for an 'end' date / filter) 2/ switches to 'pivot table view' 3/ exports to MS Excel We would love to do this in one step. Any suggestions? * I know how to link to external data in MS Excel, and could then refresh the raw data in Excel. However, the number of lines in my resulting spreadsheet varies so my pivot table would have to be recreated or the range reset, I believe. Thank you for any ideas. (** Is there a better newsgroup to post thi...

Outlook HTML msgs arrive Unformatted w/attachments in OE
My OE works fine as far as I can tell. However, when an html email is created in Outlook and mailed to my OE, it comes thru as unformatted text plus many individual attachments. The box re 'do not allow attachments to be saved or opened....' is NOT checked. All other email is being received just fine by OE. It is only Outlook that seems to be the problem- all updates are current. Help please. ...

How can set up Excel to be able to print checks?
I wish to be able to build a template so I can print checks from an excel program. This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip It's in the "Accountants" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm It contains the "SPELLNUMBER" function, which can be used in your spreadsheets, two methods to convert numbers to words and two cheque writing routines. The code is open and commented. -- Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy - "catherine" <catherine@discussio...

Exchnage 2003 and smtp Relay
HI, I am having a difficult time getting my ecommerce packages to send out emails. Both the web sites and Exchange are on the same server ( I know, bad config) Previously, I had the websites on the same server as a server that was using the build in SMTP server and this worked fine. Are there any issues or caveats that I need to consider. Basically it seems that Exchange 2003 will not allow the programs to send mail using it. Just in case, I did add the email to the server to allow relaying. Thanks for any suggestiones. David I am not sure whether your applications authenticate with t...

winxp not able to join domain
hi! recently, i've some issues in a small grp of clients about 5% of the total 1000 PCs. We're not able to join these PCs into our win2003 domain. I've to rename the PCs before i can join to the domain. I've checked in the AD, the computer name is not there and all the dns, gateway and etc are correct. I didn't see any related msg in event viewer as well. for some of these pcs i've to re-join the domain for the user to login again. has anyone encouter this before? pls advise. thx Hello dkblee, Are the machines created from a not sysprepped image? Did...

Outlook stops reponding and uses all CPU
When I open Outlook and begin reading email, as I go from one message to the next, Outlook gets slower and slower, and CPU usage increases more and more, to the point that Outlook is locked up and shows as not responding in Task manager after 8-10 messages are either opened or viewed in the preview window. At that point, Task Manager shows Outlook using 95-98% of the CPU continuously. Watching the CPU usage as I go through the emails, I can see the CPU usage get higher and higher with each message read. It will reach the point where it hits 95-99%, then drop back down to zero, but then on s...

Send/eceive status
I recently had to reinstall my operating system and consequently Outlook. Previously when I hit the send/recieve button I got a nice little status bar in the lower corner of the screen that indicated how many messages were being sent/received and I think it also showed the time left in the process. I cannot find how to get that back. I can only find the larger more obnoxious send/receive window that really only shows the two tasks of sending and receiving. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. -- fisharch Hi, To hide the send/receive window, just need to check the &quo...

Outlook 2002 #77
I have a delay in receiving my new messages. When I go to create a new message then I start receiving my messages. ...

Reverse PTR record for client moving to new ISP
Hi, I just picked up a client who moved his SBS 2003 (using SMTP for mail) network from his home to a office. At his house he had Brighthouse networks with a static IP. Due to the move he changed ISPs to CenturyLink with a static IP. I found his DNS was hosted by GoDaddy and changed the MX and "A" records to reflect the new static IP. Looking at GoDaddy DNS manager his domain is alalpert.com. I also found out another domain is involved - smartofficesolutions.com Mail forwarding is setup from smartofficesolutions.com (Site is hosted by another company in anothe...

Comment Flag Color
Is it possible to change the color of the cell comment flag from default red to some other color? IF so please tell me how. No, there is no way to change the color of the comment indicator flag. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "rocky" <rocky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83FCED6C-518A-4123-B693-34FF3E311C7C@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change the color of the cell comment flag > from default red > to some other color? IF so please tell me how. You might try the...

Transferring email account from Outlook Express to Outlook
I have transferred by main BT email account from OE to Outlook with no difficulty. However, a subsidiary account that I use will not be accessed. I have added it to the accounts list and checked all settings. I have removed it from Outlook Express. When I run the Test Account option, all seems well, but when I send a message to myself at that account it appears to send successfully, but cannot be received. Any suggestions? What SMTP server are you sending through? Primary or secondary? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

outlook classifying ALL emails as junk and moving to delete
How do i change this? ...

Macro help with hiding columns based on date ranges in a column
I have a scheduling spreadsheet where I need to schedule healthcare staff to cover 6 floors of a longterm care center. In column A I have the floor number assignment starting with floor 1. In column B I have each day of the current year from 01/01/2004 to 12/31/2004 repeated for all 6 floors. As you can imagine it's difficult working with so many rows of data. As the scheduling person plans in smaller windows of time, I would like to employ a simple auto-hide of date ranges that they don't need to see for their planning purpose. I was hoping that someone could provide me with some macr...

Anybody out there? Outlook Today pane and other questions
I want to set up several layers of tasks, for instance, call, drop by, mail flyers, as well as lists of other unrelated projects. BUt my outlook today pane only shows one task list. I went under customize, and it allows you to pick a folder, ie inbox, but that won't show your tasks. Can I customize what outlook today shows? Or, what is the best way to use oUtlook for project management? And what is the best way to deal with a sales contact list? It seems like you can't change the flag color in contacts, and you can't color code the contact label to show who you've c...

should be able to print ATP
I would like to be able to print out the Available to Promise information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2d089892-1a1b-4a8a-9e3e-16757d015fff&dg=micros...

columns #3
How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want- I am trying to make a guest list and need to change the column names. Please help me That ability does not exist in XL. In article <ECC6FF32-BFA6-4722-8AA3-8897B1BDE3E3@microsoft.com>, Melisa <Melisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want- I am trying > to make a guest list and need to change the column names. > > Please help me A workaround since you cannot change the letters as JE points out. Use row 1 for your titles then select...

Outlook 2003 Personal Folders: Does encryption slow access to mail?
Hi, I have a 2Gb .pst file that I have built up over several years. (Never have deleted good mail or autoarchived anything). This .pst file is of course a 97-2002 version .pst file. I have reached the file size limit for this. I an error message coming up that I need to switch to the new kind of .pst file. When creating a new file there is the option for "compressible encryption" or "high encryption". With a large mail box (2Gb) would using either encryption method this significantly slow down Outlook functions such as searches through contacts and mail folders. Would one ...

Unable to open Outlook #5
On trying to open Outlook I get the error message ( unable to open default mail folder, try again later) Type of account? In case you are using a pst-file use scanpst.exe to scan it for errors. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "djchampkin" <djchampkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5486C490-27A7-4849-A1E6-2BAF1C7AB166@microsoft.com... > On trying to open Outlook I get the error message ( unable to open default &...

changing Font in a status bar
does any one know how to change the font in the staus bar. i'm writing VB program to show time left for a macro to run, I'm going to sho "wingding" blocks in the status bar to show the progress. I know how t put text in the status bar (application.statusbar = "") but I need t change he font to wingding. I'd appreciate any Help Cheers RIK:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi AFAIK you can't change this font -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > does any one know how to change the font in the staus bar. i'm > wri...

Excel crashes when I move sheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I am trying to move or copy a sheet from one excel workbook to another one. Each time I try and do this, Excel crashes. What can I do to avoid this? In article <ee9884a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, stephatskyling@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Power PC > > I am trying to move or copy a sheet from one excel workbook to another one. > Each time I try and do this, Excel crashes. What can I do to avoid this? Can you give a little m...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Remove Time from showing in date columns
How can we display only dates without time in date times fields? From m/dd/yyyy hh:mm: AM/PM to dd-MMM-yyyy In Project Pro Tools > Option > View (Change the date format) -- Please rate this post if it has helped Thanks Gaurav Wason gwason@gmail.com, PMP, MCITP roject Made Easy (Project Server Archive Tool) and (Project Owner Tool) http://projectmadeeasy.com "Michael Jansen" wrote: > How can we display only dates without time in date times fields? > > From > m/dd/yyyy hh:mm: AM/PM > > to > dd-MMM-yyyy What about PW...

Outlook and Active Directory
I'm experiencing some difficulties configuring Outlook to access an Active Directory server on W2003Server (the domain controller of my network). When using Outlook Express I've no problem in browsing a specific OU where I've recorded all the "global" contacts whereas using Outlook I'm not able to list any entry or, better, I see only the user entry corresponding to the user I'm logging in with. I've seen some previous posts about this problem but I was unable to find any hint to face the problem. Have you some suggestions ? Thank you. Massimo Probably best ...

Not able to modify another users shared tasks with owner permissio
Some of the users here have started using tasks and they have shared their tasks. Here is the senario. User A has some tasks and has given User B owner access to their tasks list. User B opens the shared tasks of User A and cannot change the names or due dates of any of the tasks. We are using outlook 2003 with a exchange 2003 server here. I have looked all over for a reason for this but havent found an answer any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks, What *kind* of access? Haven&#8217;t tried it, but I&#8217;d bet the delegate permissions need to be set to &#8220;Ed...

Find a text from a column in a text string within another column?
Hello, I've read through posts and couldnt find an specific reply for my request, I'm looking for a formula that lets me find a text C1, within a text string contained in a range A:A, and return me the adjacent cell value of the string into cell D1. Text in Cell C1 may repeat in arrange A:A, but are few cases and wouldnt matter if they did not return a value. So it would look like this: A B C D TIMER COMPANY 1234 REX 1235 REX COMPANY 1235 COMPANY N/A# ALPHA COMPANY 1236 TIMER...