Not able to get items from Outlook Inbox from Windows Service using VB.NET

I have a Windows Service which is setup and running 
properly, well, at least it execute my RunThrougInbox 
method when it is supposed to be. The problem I am having 
though is that when my RunThroughInbox method is 
executing, it seems to stop when it gets to the "PROBLEM 
ON THIS NEXT LINE:" line. I am writing each step of the 
way to the event viewer window and my logs are 
mysteriously stopping. Does anyone have any suggestions? 
Thanks

Here is a portion of my code to help with any resolutions 
or ideas.



Protected Overrides Sub OnStart(ByVal args() As String)
  Dim cbTimer As New Timer(New TimerCallback(AddressOf 
RunThroughInbox), Nothing, 1000, 60000)
End Sub

    Sub RunThroughInbox(ByVal state As Object)


        WriteToEventLog("In the RunThroughInbox Method")

        Try
            '----------------------------------------------
-----
            ' Instantiate Outlook and access the MAPI 
Namespace
            ' (Messaging Application Programming Interface)
            '----------------------------------------------
-----
            Dim olApp As Outlook.Application = New 
Outlook.Application
            WriteToEventLog("passed olApp")

            Dim olNS As Outlook.NameSpace = 
olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
            WriteToEventLog("passed olNS")
            '----------------------------------------------
-----
            ' Once we have the MAPI namespace, we can now 
access
            ' the Inbox, which we will grab the email 
messages
            ' from and do further processing.
            '----------------------------------------------
-----

*************************************
PROBLEM ON THIS NEXT LINE:
*************************************

            Dim olInbox As Outlook.MAPIFolder = 
olNS.GetDefaultFolder
(Outlook.OlDefaultFolders.olFolderInbox)

            WriteToEventLog("Passed olInbox: " & 
olInbox.UnReadItemCount.ToString & " :: FolderPath is " & 
olInbox.FolderPath.ToString)


            '----------------------------------------------
-----
            ' Before performing any actions, we must 
provide 
            ' default credentials to access the MAPI.
            '----------------------------------------------
-----
            olNS.Logon("Brian Gaines", "password", False, 
True)

            WriteToEventLog("Logged in under Brian Gaines 
profile.")

            '----------------------------------------------
-----
            ' Get all items in the Inbox to be processed. 
We 
            ' also obtain the number of items in the inbox 
folder
            '----------------------------------------------
-----
            Dim olItems As Outlook.Items = olInbox.Items
            Dim boxCount As Integer = olItems.Count
            Dim i As Integer
            Dim cnt As Integer = 0

            WriteToEventLog("Number of items in Brian 
Gaines inbox are " & boxCount.ToString)

            Try

                '------------------------------------------
---------
                ' We step through our inbox backwards in 
order to 
                ' reference the correct index of the mail 
item. If 
                ' not, then we face the probability of 
deleting 
                ' incorrect emails and stepping out of 
bounds of our
                ' items collection.
                '------------------------------------------
---------
                For i = boxCount To 1 Step -1

                    WriteToEventLog("Inbox Item #" & 
i.ToString)

                    If TypeOf (olItems.Item(i)) Is 
Outlook.ReportItem Then

                        cnt += 1

                        WriteToEventLog("Report Inbox Item 
#" & cnt.ToString)

                        Dim emailSubject As String = 
olItems.Item(i).Subject
                        Dim receiptBody As String = 
olItems.Item(i).Body

                        Dim report As Outlook.ReportItem = 
CType(olItems.Item(i), Outlook.ReportItem)
                        Dim returnedEmail As 
Outlook.Attachment = report.Attachments.Item(1)

                        Dim path As String
                        If _path = "" Then
                            path = GetAppSetting
("TempInboxMsgAttchPath") & TEMP_ATTACHMENT_PREFIX
                        Else
                            path = _path
                        End If

                        returnedEmail.SaveAsFile(path & i 
& TEMP_ATTACHMENT_EXT)

                        Dim err As String = ""
                        Dim emailBody = GetMessageBody
(path & i & TEMP_ATTACHMENT_EXT, err)

                        If err = "" Then

                            '------------------------------
--------------------------
                            ' Regular expression returns 
the invalid email from
                            ' the invalid mail message and 
the mail message guid
                            '------------------------------
--------------------------
                            Dim invalidEmail As String = 
RegExValue(emailBody, GetAppSetting("EmailRegExChecker"))
                            Dim matchGuid As String = 
RegExValue(emailBody, GetAppSetting("GuidRegExChecker"))
                            Dim writeGuidMessage As String 
= ""
                            If matchGuid <> "" Then
                                writeGuidMessage = " for 
GUID " & matchGuid & " "
                            End If
                            Console.Write(FormatDateTime
(Now) & ": Email to " & invalidEmail & writeGuidMessage 
& " was processed.")

                            File.Delete(path & i & 
TEMP_ATTACHMENT_EXT)

                            '------------------------------
--------------------------
                            ' We remove this undeliverable 
mail message from our
                            ' Inbox folder and move on to 
the next email item.
                            '------------------------------
--------------------------
                            olItems.Item(i).Delete()
                        Else
                            WriteToEventLog(err.ToString)
                            Exit Sub
                        End If
                    End If

                Next i

                WriteToEventLog("Done with Inbox")

            Catch ex As Exception
                WriteToEventLog(ex.ToString)
            Finally

                '------------------------------------------
--------------
                ' We now close our session with MAPI as 
well as Outlook
                '------------------------------------------
--------------
                olNS.Logoff()
                olApp.Quit()

                WriteToEventLog("Logged and quit Outlook")

                '------------------------------------------
--------------
                ' We de-reference any memory allocation to 
these objects
                '------------------------------------------
--------------
                olApp = Nothing
                olNS = Nothing
                olItems = Nothing
                olInbox = Nothing
                WriteToEventLog(cnt & " Emails were 
processed.")
            End Try

        Catch outEx As Exception
            WriteToEventLog(outEx.ToString)
        End Try

    End Sub 
0
bgaines (1)
1/12/2004 6:36:09 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 10 followers. Follow

1 Replies
455 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 16

Outlook is not suitable for running in a Windows service. You will
have problems if you attempt to do so.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
http://www.slovaktech.com
Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm


"Brian" <bgaines@nfa.futures.org> wrote in message
news:049201c3d93a$f2305450$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> I have a Windows Service which is setup and running
> properly, well, at least it execute my RunThrougInbox
> method when it is supposed to be. The problem I am having
> though is that when my RunThroughInbox method is
> executing, it seems to stop when it gets to the "PROBLEM
> ON THIS NEXT LINE:" line. I am writing each step of the
> way to the event viewer window and my logs are
> mysteriously stopping. Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thanks
>
> Here is a portion of my code to help with any resolutions
> or ideas.
>
>
>
> Protected Overrides Sub OnStart(ByVal args() As String)
>   Dim cbTimer As New Timer(New TimerCallback(AddressOf
> RunThroughInbox), Nothing, 1000, 60000)
> End Sub
>
>     Sub RunThroughInbox(ByVal state As Object)
>
>
>         WriteToEventLog("In the RunThroughInbox Method")
>
>         Try
>             '----------------------------------------------
> -----
>             ' Instantiate Outlook and access the MAPI
> Namespace
>             ' (Messaging Application Programming Interface)
>             '----------------------------------------------
> -----
>             Dim olApp As Outlook.Application = New
> Outlook.Application
>             WriteToEventLog("passed olApp")
>
>             Dim olNS As Outlook.NameSpace =
> olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
>             WriteToEventLog("passed olNS")
>             '----------------------------------------------
> -----
>             ' Once we have the MAPI namespace, we can now
> access
>             ' the Inbox, which we will grab the email
> messages
>             ' from and do further processing.
>             '----------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> *************************************
> PROBLEM ON THIS NEXT LINE:
> *************************************
>
>             Dim olInbox As Outlook.MAPIFolder =
> olNS.GetDefaultFolder
> (Outlook.OlDefaultFolders.olFolderInbox)
>
>             WriteToEventLog("Passed olInbox: " &
> olInbox.UnReadItemCount.ToString & " :: FolderPath is " &
> olInbox.FolderPath.ToString)
>
>
>             '----------------------------------------------
> -----
>             ' Before performing any actions, we must
> provide
>             ' default credentials to access the MAPI.
>             '----------------------------------------------
> -----
>             olNS.Logon("Brian Gaines", "password", False,
> True)
>
>             WriteToEventLog("Logged in under Brian Gaines
> profile.")
>
>             '----------------------------------------------
> -----
>             ' Get all items in the Inbox to be processed.
> We
>             ' also obtain the number of items in the inbox
> folder
>             '----------------------------------------------
> -----
>             Dim olItems As Outlook.Items = olInbox.Items
>             Dim boxCount As Integer = olItems.Count
>             Dim i As Integer
>             Dim cnt As Integer = 0
>
>             WriteToEventLog("Number of items in Brian
> Gaines inbox are " & boxCount.ToString)
>
>             Try
>
>                 '------------------------------------------
> ---------
>                 ' We step through our inbox backwards in
> order to
>                 ' reference the correct index of the mail
> item. If
>                 ' not, then we face the probability of
> deleting
>                 ' incorrect emails and stepping out of
> bounds of our
>                 ' items collection.
>                 '------------------------------------------
> ---------
>                 For i = boxCount To 1 Step -1
>
>                     WriteToEventLog("Inbox Item #" &
> i.ToString)
>
>                     If TypeOf (olItems.Item(i)) Is
> Outlook.ReportItem Then
>
>                         cnt += 1
>
>                         WriteToEventLog("Report Inbox Item
> #" & cnt.ToString)
>
>                         Dim emailSubject As String =
> olItems.Item(i).Subject
>                         Dim receiptBody As String =
> olItems.Item(i).Body
>
>                         Dim report As Outlook.ReportItem =
> CType(olItems.Item(i), Outlook.ReportItem)
>                         Dim returnedEmail As
> Outlook.Attachment = report.Attachments.Item(1)
>
>                         Dim path As String
>                         If _path = "" Then
>                             path = GetAppSetting
> ("TempInboxMsgAttchPath") & TEMP_ATTACHMENT_PREFIX
>                         Else
>                             path = _path
>                         End If
>
>                         returnedEmail.SaveAsFile(path & i
> & TEMP_ATTACHMENT_EXT)
>
>                         Dim err As String = ""
>                         Dim emailBody = GetMessageBody
> (path & i & TEMP_ATTACHMENT_EXT, err)
>
>                         If err = "" Then
>
>                             '------------------------------
> --------------------------
>                             ' Regular expression returns
> the invalid email from
>                             ' the invalid mail message and
> the mail message guid
>                             '------------------------------
> --------------------------
>                             Dim invalidEmail As String =
> RegExValue(emailBody, GetAppSetting("EmailRegExChecker"))
>                             Dim matchGuid As String =
> RegExValue(emailBody, GetAppSetting("GuidRegExChecker"))
>                             Dim writeGuidMessage As String
> = ""
>                             If matchGuid <> "" Then
>                                 writeGuidMessage = " for
> GUID " & matchGuid & " "
>                             End If
>                             Console.Write(FormatDateTime
> (Now) & ": Email to " & invalidEmail & writeGuidMessage
> & " was processed.")
>
>                             File.Delete(path & i &
> TEMP_ATTACHMENT_EXT)
>
>                             '------------------------------
> --------------------------
>                             ' We remove this undeliverable
> mail message from our
>                             ' Inbox folder and move on to
> the next email item.
>                             '------------------------------
> --------------------------
>                             olItems.Item(i).Delete()
>                         Else
>                             WriteToEventLog(err.ToString)
>                             Exit Sub
>                         End If
>                     End If
>
>                 Next i
>
>                 WriteToEventLog("Done with Inbox")
>
>             Catch ex As Exception
>                 WriteToEventLog(ex.ToString)
>             Finally
>
>                 '------------------------------------------
> --------------
>                 ' We now close our session with MAPI as
> well as Outlook
>                 '------------------------------------------
> --------------
>                 olNS.Logoff()
>                 olApp.Quit()
>
>                 WriteToEventLog("Logged and quit Outlook")
>
>                 '------------------------------------------
> --------------
>                 ' We de-reference any memory allocation to
> these objects
>                 '------------------------------------------
> --------------
>                 olApp = Nothing
>                 olNS = Nothing
>                 olItems = Nothing
>                 olInbox = Nothing
>                 WriteToEventLog(cnt & " Emails were
> processed.")
>             End Try
>
>         Catch outEx As Exception
>             WriteToEventLog(outEx.ToString)
>         End Try
>
>     End Sub


0
kenslovak (742)
1/12/2004 8:24:36 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Is this do-able?
Hello Everybody. A user has created a 'select' query in MS Access. He normally 1/ runs the query (the user is prompted for an 'end' date / filter) 2/ switches to 'pivot table view' 3/ exports to MS Excel We would love to do this in one step. Any suggestions? * I know how to link to external data in MS Excel, and could then refresh the raw data in Excel. However, the number of lines in my resulting spreadsheet varies so my pivot table would have to be recreated or the range reset, I believe. Thank you for any ideas. (** Is there a better newsgroup to post thi...

Outlook HTML msgs arrive Unformatted w/attachments in OE
My OE works fine as far as I can tell. However, when an html email is created in Outlook and mailed to my OE, it comes thru as unformatted text plus many individual attachments. The box re 'do not allow attachments to be saved or opened....' is NOT checked. All other email is being received just fine by OE. It is only Outlook that seems to be the problem- all updates are current. Help please. ...

Mail items deselected after sort
In all prior versions of Outlook, you could select several mail items, then sort by a different column, and all of your previously selected items would still be selected. In Outlook 2007, all of the mail items except the last one selected are deselected after a sort. Does this bother anyone else? Is there a fix? Thanks, Cathy ...

How do I import mbox mail files into Outlook XP
We recently shifted one of our Linux desktops back to Windows. I have a need to import mail from the employee's Linux data. The mail is stored in Unix-style mbox files. How can I import these into Outlook XP? Thanks, Jason On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:13:44 -0700, "Jason Komar" <jkomar@lubetec.com> wrote: >We recently shifted one of our Linux desktops back to >Windows. I have a need to import mail from the employee's >Linux data. The mail is stored in Unix-style mbox files. >How can I import these into Outlook XP? You may have to export the data to a csv file,...

How to retrieve Item Lookup Code
I use AddItem hook to retrieve item details (lookupcode, qty, price) when an item is rung up. However, Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(E) does not have lookupcode property, how can I retrieve an item's lookupcode that is most important for my app? Please advise. -- Thanks, -lz I have found the answer myself. use Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(E).Item.ItemLookupcode -- Thanks, -lz "lzcouponex" wrote: > I use AddItem hook to retrieve item details (lookupcode, qty, price) when an > item is rung up. However, Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(E) does not ...

How can set up Excel to be able to print checks?
I wish to be able to build a template so I can print checks from an excel program. This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip It's in the "Accountants" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm It contains the "SPELLNUMBER" function, which can be used in your spreadsheets, two methods to convert numbers to words and two cheque writing routines. The code is open and commented. -- Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy - "catherine" <catherine@discussio...

Outlook 2002 #183
I'm having a problem with outlook 2002. Each time I initiate a new email message, I get the dialog box with the message "A program is trying to access email addresses stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose No". I've update MS Office and Norton. A virus scan with norton did not detect a virus. Does any know the cause of the this problem? Derick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm having a problem with outlook 2002. Each time I > initiate a new email message, I ...

Getting an instance from RUNTIME_CLASS
A line of code: CRuntimeClass* prt = RUNTIME_CLASS(FlamingoListView) Does this actually create an instance of the FlamingoListView class? If so, then how do I get a pointer to my new instance? The only operations and variables available through the *prt don't seem to help! Thanks GT wrote: > A line of code: > > CRuntimeClass* prt = RUNTIME_CLASS(FlamingoListView) > > Does this actually create an instance of the FlamingoListView class? If so, > then how do I get a pointer to my new instance? The only operations and > variables available through the *prt don...

How do I determine which order to use in a polynomial trendline?
I have two years worth of monthly revenue data. I'd like to forecast the next year based on this data. Should I use the polynomial trendline? If so, which order do I need to use? Most business have a strong seasonal component which would typically involve a Fourier analysis. After removing the seasonal component, you could look for a systematic trend, which might involve a low order polynomial. When fitting polynomials without a theoretical justification for the model, beware of overfitting the data. Jerry "Nina" wrote: > I have two years worth of monthly revenue d...

Interstore Transfers getting lost
We have the problem that sometimes a HQ generated Interstore Transfer gets lost- So the Receiving store has the Tranfer but the issuing does not. They also do not show up in the HQ E´vent Log. Any idea? Niels -- RMS Distribution Europe Hi Niels, We've encountered similiar problems with Interstore Transfers generated at the local stores. Our problem was related to the fact that our Inventory transfer order numbers exceed the 14-character limit. The transfer order number field actually accomodates more than 14 characters, but RMS appends additional characters in the backend. ...

How do I setup my email account using comcast.net?
Please tell me how to setup Microsoft Outlook using comcast. See if this info helps: http://online.comcast.net/faqs/faq-detail.asp?intFaqID=48&intSubCategoryID=158#o2k2 "AQZWyf" <AQZWyf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9534D82-D8BA-499E-A5A4-54D2779DD1F2@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to setup Microsoft Outlook using comcast. "AQZWyf" <AQZWyf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9534D82-D8BA-499E-A5A4-54D2779DD1F2@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to setup Microsoft Outlook using comcast. Call Comcast....

outlook contacts
somehow I have changed a setting in my outlook contacts. As I pop from contacts to e-mail to notes, etc. when I come back to contacts the first record is no longer highlighted in blue so I cannot start typing for a contact. I have to click on a record then start typing. Can you please advise me on what I have changed and how to get back to how it was earlier in the day? Thank you. ...

Outlook 2000 & Windows 7 compatibility??
Just got new computer w/Win7, still using Outlook 2000...waiting to upgrade in July when Office 2010 is released.. 'Only' able to Receive Emails, but cannot Send or do a number of other things in Outlook.. Plus each time I go out of it & then back in, it gives me the Outlook 2000 Startup window?? Would appreciate anyone who can give me their experiences or fixes for this same thing. Thanks! Try turning off User Account Control (UAC). Other than that, I wouldn't use anything less that Office/Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 as you still may end up with some compatibil...

Outlook Message
I have a 3rd party product that sends accounting data to my internal folks and the program uses my Outlook Address Book. I get a warning message "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I am then presented with options to say "YES". I want to disable this annoying message. I know this is there for security but it's driving me nuts and I want it to go away. Can someone help me with this? Thanks! JollyOllie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a 3rd party product th...

AutoComplete addressing resets every time I retsrat Outlook. Why?
I love the AutoComplete addressing feature in Outlook but it has changed since I changed to Outlook 2003. Previously (Outlook XP?) the cache would be accessed all the time but now everyime I restart Outlook, AutoComplete addressing cannot access previous entries. Why? In other words I send a message to Joe.bloggs@ whatever and thereafter if I just type in 'joe' it displays the full email address for me to simply click on. Great. However this only lasts as long as my Outlook session: if I restart Outlook I lose Joe and everyone from the list. This did not happen with previo...

DPM agent RC crashes when adding protected items on the client
When adding additional protected items on the client side (W7 64 bit), the client crashes. When including the same folder from the server end, the backup continues. The custom folder being added is around 120GB in size with 95k files. Ash hi Ash Thanks for reporting the issue. Please send us zipped error logs from folder %Programfiles%\Microsoft data protection manager\DPM\Temp\ to vrmurthy[AT]microsoft[DOT]com. we shall take a look at the them & get back to you. Regards, vrmurthy -- This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights ...

Windows Mail setup 01-01-10
I am trying to set up a new Windows Mail account but when at he request for the account name and password assigned by my ISP I don't know what accont name and password to enter. "jean" <jeanieu@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23$lMuUoiKHA.1824@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am trying to set up a new Windows Mail account but when at he request for >the account name and password assigned by my ISP I don't know what accont >name and password to enter. Call your ISP and ask them. -Frank Which email account do you want to set up, the one fro...

OUTLOOK 2007 Out of Office
I am using Outlook 2007, how do I use "out of office" when I am on vacation? I do not have it under TOOLS. Out of office is an Exchange server feature. If you don't use Exchange, you need to use Rules. Since outlook needs to be running and checking mail, its usually best to set it up on your mail server- many offer a vacation reply option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net...

ITK ... how can I get it?
How can I get the Implementation ToolKit? Course 8018 refers to the ITK as methodology and templates in CRM deployment phases. Thanks in advance. It's on the partner site, if you have access go to: https://partner.microsoft.com/productssolutions/business/40012097 You can download it there from a link at the bottom of the article. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "jianwa" wrote: > How can I get the Implementation ToolKit? > > Course 8018 refers to the ITK as methodology and templates in CRM deployment > phases. > > Thanks in advance....

winxp not able to join domain
hi! recently, i've some issues in a small grp of clients about 5% of the total 1000 PCs. We're not able to join these PCs into our win2003 domain. I've to rename the PCs before i can join to the domain. I've checked in the AD, the computer name is not there and all the dns, gateway and etc are correct. I didn't see any related msg in event viewer as well. for some of these pcs i've to re-join the domain for the user to login again. has anyone encouter this before? pls advise. thx Hello dkblee, Are the machines created from a not sysprepped image? Did...

copy original sender's address into reply field OUTLOOK 2000
I get email messages forwarded to me from an information desk. I have to reply to the original sender of the message. Is there a way to scan the message and find the original sender's email address and put that in the Reply: field (replacing the information desk)? Regards DavidOUTLOOK 2000WINDOWS 2000 how is it sent to you? As an attachment or inline? If an attachment, hit reply to the attachment. If inline, look for the header fields in the message unless the forwarder removed them (or doesn't use outlook). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in...

how do I get the ampersand character back?
I'm parsing an XML file with XMLDocument, each node I write to SQL server. Sometimes values in the XML have to contain an ampersand, so they are in the XML as &amp; obviously. I assumed the .net framework took care of converting &amp; back to & But I'm wrong in that assumption. For every &amp; in the XML I receive &amp;amp; in the SQL Server data. What am I needing to do to restore that & character? David Bartosik Microsoft MVP Hi David, As far as I know, when you load the Xml data into the XmlDocument class, the &amp; will be converted to &...

Outlook 2002 #77
I have a delay in receiving my new messages. When I go to create a new message then I start receiving my messages. ...

When I click on the tabs, I get a page icon and all is stuck
I was just asked to help a lady in the office, that I helped copy a excel file from one computer to her computer. I was able to open the file and as soon as I tried to click on the tabs (sheets) on the bottom, the mouse pointer had a little page attached to it, and everything was frozen. I hope one of you wonderful experts out here can help me with this problem. BTW, when I tried to x out of the file, I got a whatever the European sign is for not enter, I know I'm not good as describing the problem, maybe one of you is a mindreader as well.Many many thanks in advance.........Peter When ...

Transferring email account from Outlook Express to Outlook
I have transferred by main BT email account from OE to Outlook with no difficulty. However, a subsidiary account that I use will not be accessed. I have added it to the accounts list and checked all settings. I have removed it from Outlook Express. When I run the Test Account option, all seems well, but when I send a message to myself at that account it appears to send successfully, but cannot be received. Any suggestions? What SMTP server are you sending through? Primary or secondary? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...