Norton Utilities Detects Crash

Every time i close outlook 2002 (running windows 98)
Norton Utilities tells me it just crashed and to
terminate the program..I once fixed this on another
computer but i forgot how
thanks

0
mahobay7 (1)

Are you talking about the really old CrashGuard that came with NU
*before* version 2002?  This was a flaky program even when it was new
and appropriate only for the Windows version it supported.  Maybe you're
trying to run CrashGuard on a version of Windows or with a service pack
level that it no longer supports.

Did you find any support articles at http://www.symantec.com/ on your
version of NU for Crashguard?

*** Post replies to newsgroup.  E-mail is not accepted. ***

"Mark" <mahobay7@aol.com> wrote in message
> Every time i close outlook 2002 (running windows 98)
> Norton Utilities tells me it just crashed and to
> terminate the program..I once fixed this on another
> computer but i forgot how
> thanks

0
no-email5651 (165)

Money 2006 Crash on download
You are my last hope! I am using Money 2006 Deluxe (Version 15.0.120.513 S/N 76929-xxx) with XP Pro. All seems fine until I download files from my broker. I have 4 accounts. Two are regular accounts and 2 are IRA accounts. All, except 1 IRA, were downloading just fine. The one IRA would crash Money 2006. The broker says all is fine with their files, so it must be a MS problem. I have done everything the MSKB says to do-- reregistered files, uninstalled/reinstalled Money, run Ofxanlyz.exe and started a new file. Now after all of this both IRA files crash Money, but the regular files ...

Archiving Crashes Money Plus Premium
I have twice attempted to do a year-end archive on Money Plus Premium. While it appears that the archive was saved, the program crashed both times and my account registries still show the archived transactions when I reopen. The first time that I restarted the program it could not find the MyMoney file. In microsoft.public.money, Steve2526 wrote: >I have twice attempted to do a year-end archive on Money Plus Premium. While >it appears that the archive was saved, the program crashed both times and my >account registries still show the archived transactions when I reopen. >...

Outlook & Norton Virus checker
After uninstalling Norton System works (Correctly) My outlook won't receive anything, but sends OK. [1] Have double check the acct details [2]have uninstalled Office twice [3] If I try to resend and Email that went out when Norton was active it gets me to use the current acct. [4] Installed Outlook Express, same details, work fine (I hate OE) Any Ideas? Is Outlook keeping something hidden I can't overwrite with my new data? Many thanx Captron NZ Re Check the Pop Server settings for incoming mail. Nortons sometimes asks you to change Outlook to use 'localhost' while I...

Excel 2003 Forms Crash on Tablet PC all other OSs Ok
Hi, I have an excel app that works fine on all OSs (XP, 2000) except Tablet. When a user opens the spreadsheet they are presented with a form which they fill out and save the data. The data is then saved and the form is called again. On the Tablet (and Tablet only - work fine on desktops) it freezes on the form and the only course of action is to kill the process. Any excel guru's with the answer or even a lead? ...

Outlook/Word hangs then crashes
If I try to open an attachment, word or excel so far from outlook when connected to the internet the computer freezes up and I have to end task, I can do it when not connected. Occassionally if I wait long enough Imay get a "can't find that file" message. I just tried it and it will start to open word but then get stuck. When I end task it closes outlook also. Can anybody help me? ...

Publisher crashes when I try to delete 3 specific pages.
I have 3 pages within a 100 page publication that are giving me problems. I can delete any of the pages in the publication, except 3 of them. When I delete them, they delete fine, but as soon as I try to save, Publisher crashes without saving the file. (It's an "unexpected" crash that asks to send an error report to MS.) I have talked with support, and transferred them the file, it does the same thing on there machine with there Publisher install. My question is 1st, does anyone know whats causing this? My 2nd question: Is there a way to move all of the pages except thos...

Excel/Powerpoint/Word crash on startup
Everytime I attempt to open Excel or Word or Powerpoint, I get a crash. Appended below is the crash information. I have tried other suggestions included in the forum (removing preferences, opening with shift key). There are no old versions of 2004 left on the system. Any help/suggestions to fix will be welcome. Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2008-02-25 09:14:54 -0500 Application Name: Microsoft Excel Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Excel Application Sign...

Norton issues
Is anyone at either MS or Symantec working on the known conflicts with Norton AV? I was a Norton fan for years but since hearing about the issues I'm uninstalled it and now run AVG. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher On 14 Apr 2004 15:48, "JL Paules" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is anyone at either MS or Symantec working on the known conflicts with >Norton AV? I was a Norton fan for years but since hearing about the >issues I'm uninstalled it and now run AVG. Yes, Norton and MS are working together on these issues. However, I think it was a...

Outlook 2003 Crashes constantly (I can't take it anymore)
Hi to all: I've just installed Outlook 2003 on 2 XP computers and the application crashes constantly, as the person tries to send, print, forward or reply emails, even adding attachments the application crashes and closes itself. All the patches were installed from office website. These are brand new computers Running Office 2003 and Symantec 9.0 Any ideas on what could be causing this problem?? Thanks in advance. ...

Norton Utilities Detects Crash
Every time i close outlook 2002 (running windows 98) Norton Utilities tells me it just crashed and to terminate the program..I once fixed this on another computer but i forgot how thanks Are you talking about the really old CrashGuard that came with NU *before* version 2002? This was a flaky program even when it was new and appropriate only for the Windows version it supported. Maybe you're trying to run CrashGuard on a version of Windows or with a service pack level that it no longer supports. Did you find any support articles at http://www.symantec.com/ on your version of NU for Cr...

How do I enable Norton Anti-Spam in Outlook?
How do I enable Norton Anti-Spam in Outlook? "ED DJ" <ED DJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F220766C-6A96-45F2-8381-32FED965831E@microsoft.com... > How do I enable Norton Anti-Spam in Outlook? What does the manual or included help in Norton AntiSpam tell you to do? ...

Which utility does this?
There was an Exchange utility in EX2000 that would analyze an Exchange install and recommend which disk resources should be used for various Exchange storage requirements. It would also reconfigure Exchange to move the resources where it recommended them to be. Where is this utility in Exchange 2003? Thanks. It was the performance analyser. If you work out the ideal place to put the files, you can use ESM to point at the new places and ESM will do the move for you. "Tom C." <nospam@nospam.nul> wrote in message news:O0%236EhfSGHA.6084@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > The...

How to detect if hardware is Wake-on-LAN able ? network card or BIOS feature?
Assume I am sitting in front of a computer (from a friend). How can I find out if the hardware supports Wake-on-lan? Is this feature dependent from the BIOS of the motherboard or from the network card? Camille bios "Camille Petersen" <cpet_magnus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b436c68$0$6730$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net... > Assume I am sitting in front of a computer (from a friend). How can I find > out if the hardware > supports Wake-on-lan? > > Is this feature dependent from the BIOS of the motherboard or from the > netw...

Norton Ghost Image HQ Server then backup database file daily fine?
Would ghosting the hard drive image of our Windows 2003 HQ server once to an external storage space then daily backing up the HQ database file with a batch file + task scheduler be sufficient for backup purposes? Nothing is ever installed or changed on the server except the HQ database file I believe? And perhaps some windows security updates but that can always be re-downloaded. Matt, If you are speaking of Windows 2003 Server, Ghost will not work. Use LiveState Recovery from Symantec instead. Ghost only works with XP and W2K We use a batch file to backup the database and Ghost to ba...

Does Mcafee Virus Scan any way cause Outlook to crash?
I just installed Mcafee and now everytime I open Outlook my computer shuts down. What happens if you uninstall McAfee? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jennifergould asked: | I just installed Mcafee and now everytime I open Outlook my computer | shuts down. MY COMPUTER HAS TOTALLY CRASHED!! EVEN AFTER UNINSTALLING MCAFEE , CRASHES 10 TENS AFTER, THEN DEFRAMENTING, AND THEN USING QUICK RESTORE , IT DOESN'T...

Norton Internet Security
Forgive me if this is outside the remit of this forum ... My annual subscription to Norton is due for renewal shortly and is now �55 Sterling (up from �39.99 last year). This does seem a steep rise just for the very basic package and I'm wondering whether it is worth it, or whether there are any cheaper alternatives. I appreciate that non-renewal would mean that I would not receive any of the updates and, presumably, my PC would then become more vulnerable to new threats. Realistically, how much of an issue is this for a home user that accesses the Internet c 2-3 hours ...

IE crashing when using CRM 3
some users are experiencing a lot of IE crashes when using CRM3.0.5300.0 This is when clicking around the CRM and I have a screenshot of the CRM as it crashed if anyone needs this... The diagnostic is below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> <DATABASE> <EXE NAME="iexplore.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY"> <MATCHING_FILE NAME="HMMAPI.DLL" SIZE="38912" CHECKSUM="0xD85D870C" BIN_FILE_VERSION="6.0.2900.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="6.0.2900.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="6.00....

How to make Excel detect the "closest" date to the one I entered and return an value?
Hi all, I have some excel question and hope all the expert here ca help.. last time.. the SUMPRODUCT really helped me a lot and I am stil trying to really understand how it works.. anyways.... .. here is my problem... Col A is a list of date in ascending order, Col B is an numberic value Say in cell C1 , I will enter a random date.. and how can I make Exce to search through Col A and find the closest date to what I hav entered in C1 and return the corresponding Col B value ? Well. not really closest... as long as Col A is a date that is les then and yet the closest . imagine in Col ...

Excel crashes
We're running Excel 2003 with SP3 on Window XP sp3. I have a couple users experiencing frequent Excel crashes. One of them even got a report of Excel crashing when Excel wasn't even running. In both cases, when Excel is restrarted, it "recovers" files that they were not working on. Any clues? ~Jason Just a guess... Try changing the default printer to something else--even if you have to install a different printer driver for a printer that doesn't physically exist. I read somewhere that lots (most???) windows crashes are caused by bad printer driver...

Sbs 2008 Console Crashes
Been working fine for a long time but now the console crashes. If I open console in safe mode it crashes when looking at the computers section. In the console log has: 17300] 100420.170833.5722: Admin: !!!!FATAL: Console shutting down due to unhandled exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. [17300] 100420.170833.5742: Exception: Is the only way of sorting this out but repairine the console? Hello, Thanks for your post. Just for your reference, here is a related article from SBS blog: SBS console crashes when duplicate entries from AV produ...

Outlook Express & Norton Crashguard
Suddenly, when I try to open an atch or reply to a message Crashguard would direct termination of Outlook Express. So, I disabled Norton but now I can't open Outlook Express. I get a fault. It appears a though it is trying to execute in the the DOS mode (I'm running Win 98). Any clues as to what happened here and how to fix it. Brad Brad wrote: > Suddenly, when I try to open an atch or reply to a message > Crashguard would direct termination of Outlook Express. > So, I disabled Norton but now I can't open Outlook > Express. I get a fault. It appears a thoug...

Tool or utility to merge databases in GP
Does anyone know of a tool or utility to merge mulitple databases in GP into ONE database? There is no tool available to do this yourself, but Microsoft Professional Services should be able to do this for you as a changeable service. I would recommend having them do it and not trying it yourself. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "dkrizik" <dkrizik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34DC7C41-D409-49ED-A4E0-9BF35BF63CE1@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a tool or utility to merge mulitple databases in GP > into > ON...

Portfolio crash
As of yesterday, whenever I click on Portfolio on the toolbar, Money 2004 crashes with a short sound--no error message, no report to MS, no nothing. Any ideas? Spence In microsoft.public.money, Spence wrote: >As of yesterday, whenever I click on Portfolio on the >toolbar, Money 2004 crashes with a short sound--no error >message, no report to MS, no nothing. Any ideas? See if you can navigate around sample.mny. If so, consider using File->MoneyFile->StandardFileRepair. If not, reinstall Money. I get same error as of last week. I have tried the standard repair but no...

Internet Access trapped by Norton etal
Our application must access the company website to authorize use of the app the first time the user starts it. A problem occurs when installed security software intercepts the request and will not process it until the user gives approval. Normally this would not be a problem because the security software throws up a dialog to get direction on how to handle our apps internet connection request. However sometimes the dialog comes up minimized and the user is unaware of it. This gives the impression that the app is hung (may even look like the pc is hung). Has this scenerio been solved b...

Outlook 2003 Crash without IE7
Hello All, I am having a similar problem to some posts here, but mine is slightly different. I have IE7 installed on a computer that is receiving messages from a guy in Venezuela in Outlook 2003. On this computer, I can respond with no problem. On another computer we have, IE6 is installed. The person with IE6 tries to open the same message from the same person in Venezuela, and it causes their Outlook (2003) to crash. I have isolated that it is upgrading to IE7 that solves the problem, but the user wants to stay with IE6. Is there any known difference between IE6 and IE7 that would cau...