Norton Antivirus Pro 2004 and Oulook 2003

I am using Outlook 2003 with NAV 2004 Pro.   I don't get the popup from NAV that the OUTGOING message is being scanned.  Is anyone else experiencing this and/or know how to fix it.  I have set NAV to do this, but I cannot see the scanning outgoing message popup.  Therefore, I don't know whether the messages are in fact being scanned.

Symantec, in my opinion, is just terrible with support.  Can't reach anyone by phone.
Love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks.
0
anonymous (74719)

Sociologo wrote:
> I am using Outlook 2003 with NAV 2004 Pro.   I don't get the popup
> from NAV that the OUTGOING message is being scanned.  Is anyone else
> experiencing this and/or know how to fix it.  I have set NAV to do
> this, but I cannot see the scanning outgoing message popup.
> Therefore, I don't know whether the messages are in fact being
> scanned.
>
> Symantec, in my opinion, is just terrible with support.  Can't reach
> anyone by phone.
> Love to hear what you have to say.
> Thanks.

Try making the Outlook window smaller.  If it is full screen, the Norton
popup will be hidden behind the Outlook window.  The Norton popup is not on
top, as it used to be.

--
Donald L McDaniel
Post All replies to the Newsgroup, so that all may be informed

server32 (8)

How do I get Excel 4.0 style markers in Excel 2003?
I have charts made with Excel 4.0 with markers and I would like to create new charts in Excel 2003 with the same style of markers. Hi, I can remember that far back so I'm not sure what markers where available ;) Have a look at Jon's page which show you how to use any shape as a marker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html Cheers Andy mdmiller55 wrote: > I have charts made with Excel 4.0 with markers and I would like to create new > charts in Excel 2003 with the same style of markers. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Outlook 2003-Not receiving to inbox from google apps
Outlook Inbox under imap.gmail.com is not receiving new mail as of mid-day on 5/17/2010 & number of unread mail not showing in left panel next to "inbox". New emails show up in my gmail account. Can send email from outlook which shows up in sent items under personal folders. Is there a setting in outlook that needs to be changed due to a recent change in gmail? Make sure Outlook has not been placed in Offline mode; File-> Work Offline should not be selected. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outloo...

Outlook & Norton Virus checker
After uninstalling Norton System works (Correctly) My outlook won't receive anything, but sends OK. [1] Have double check the acct details [2]have uninstalled Office twice [3] If I try to resend and Email that went out when Norton was active it gets me to use the current acct. [4] Installed Outlook Express, same details, work fine (I hate OE) Any Ideas? Is Outlook keeping something hidden I can't overwrite with my new data? Many thanx Captron NZ Re Check the Pop Server settings for incoming mail. Nortons sometimes asks you to change Outlook to use 'localhost' while I...

2003 v. 2007
I have the same cell formula in a.xlsm workbook and in a .xls Compatibility workbook. =IF(AND($C$45>0,$C46="Clear"),1.35,IF($C$45>0,1,"")) The Computability workbook works correctly but the xlsm always indicates 1.35 as the result even when C46 is blank. The first term always evaluates as true I have copied the the formula from the .xls and also typed it in to the >xlsm Whats going on. ...

Install of Money Pocket PC 2004
I have installed Money Pocket PC 2004 with my pocket pc running Windows Mobile 2003 software. It tells me that I don't have Money installed on my desktop, but I do. I am running Money 2003 on my desktop. Until my recent upgrade on to MObile 2003, I was using Money on my Pocket PC just fine. Now, I can't get it to work. Any ideas here? Instructions said that you have to use Money 2004 on Mobile 2003, go figure. I'm getting frustrated here. I NEED my money back on the pocket pc. Look at http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=ed6046dd25f94e3691a9c2be46 88583c&a...

having problems in creating Macros in Excel 2003
i have an external data query which imports data from a XML source. when i try to record a macro that will refresh the data, it doesn't work. the macro consists of selecting a cell in the data range, right clicking on it and choosing XML->Refresh. when i try to record the macro, all i see in the code is the select function i performed. Help. I'm curious. XL03 is not out yet and no release date is announced. I thought the purpose of the beta is so you can report your issues to Microsoft so they can fix stuff before releasing the official product. How are we in the NGs suppos...

Money 2004 install problems
I am trying to install the latest 2004 from CD and get this problem with installation log file. I disabled my Zone and Norton. Then following instructions, ran SYSPACK.MSI from CD and tried setup again and no go! Don't understand this one, as I have all XP updates installed and don't have problem with other program installs. WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE????? What kind of error messages do you get? Exactly what happens? -- Joe Norton "Bob ZAmbenini" <BZAM@COMPUSERVE.COM> wrote in message news:0c0801c37164$09354460$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to install...

Smart Phones and Exchange 2003
Does anyone know of a way to use a smartphone like a Treo 700w and have two seperate exchange mailboxes? I know you can check hotmail and 1 exchange mailbox but I don't think you can do both? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Not two Exchange connections, no. The closest you could get would be to use 1 Exchange Server mailbox and then access the second one via POP3 or IMAP4. ...

Outlook 2003 will not save favorite folders, I've tried all I can think of
Okay here's the problem. Windows XP machine with Outlook 2003. Favorite folders section will not retain folders that I place there. I've tried creating a new profile. I've tried resetting the nav panel with the switch (outlook /resetnavpanel). I've tried deleting the XML files at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. It always does the same thing. Loses them after restarting outlook. What other options do I have? they are not saved until outlook closes cleanly - so see if it's still in task manager after closing. If so, you need to f...

Add content of mails of a .pst file to public folders of Exchange 2003
Hi to all! I�m building a news sever with exchange 2003. I have a database of mails in a .pst file . I need enter this database in the public folders of the Exchange server but I don�t know how do it. Could please assist me with this problem? Thanks in advance Regards. David On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:59:15 +0200, "David Nemeh�" <david.vilarino@exactsoftware.com> wrote: >Hi to all! >I�m building a news sever with exchange 2003. I have a database of mails in >a .pst file . I need enter this database in the public folders of the >Exchange server but I don�t know ...

Re: antivirus AVG et email sortant
"Elaine" <Elaine@e-mail.com> wrote in message news:... > > >> >> What >> -- >> ashvin >>Hello??? ...

Norton issues
Is anyone at either MS or Symantec working on the known conflicts with Norton AV? I was a Norton fan for years but since hearing about the issues I'm uninstalled it and now run AVG. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher On 14 Apr 2004 15:48, "JL Paules" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is anyone at either MS or Symantec working on the known conflicts with >Norton AV? I was a Norton fan for years but since hearing about the >issues I'm uninstalled it and now run AVG. Yes, Norton and MS are working together on these issues. However, I think it was a...

Disable format painter in excel 2003
The format painter icon keeps appearing when I add or delete columns and rows - it keeps blocking me from seeing what is in the cell and is a general nuisance. I do not need the format painter, but I cant seem to find a way to deactivate it, permanently if possible. Anyone have any ideas? Actually it is probably not the Format Painter, but the Insert Options button that is bothering you. Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck the Insert Options and for me, also the Paste Options button. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:43:04 -0800, tenchsama <tenchsama@discussions.microsoft...

XP PRO 2003/Outlook send/receive
Whatever setting I use I cannot get Outlook to send/receive at my choice of intervals. In fact I seem to mostly F9. to check..... It seems to have started doing this since I had a wireless router installed. I want it to check every 5 minutes but it will not do it. I have repaired the Office Suite to no effect. On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:14:10 -1000, gracenote <nospam@mydomain.com> wrote: > Whatever setting I use I cannot get Outlook to send/receive at my > choice of intervals. In fact I seem to mostly F9. to check..... > > It seems to have started doing this since I had a w...

Upgrading from Office V.X to office 2004 professional
Can I upgrade my copy of Office V.X (standard edition) to Office 2004 Professional by simply buying the Office 2004 prof upgrade (and not the full edition)? Simply put, yes! For detailed information on upgrading, see this page: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/howtobuy.aspx?pid=upgrade#office2004> On 9/26/04 8:36 AM, in article c75f9b42.0409260536.10b01f00@posting.google.com, "JT" <john.turner@whitehallcc.com> wrote: > Can I upgrade my copy of Office V.X (standard edition) to Office 2004 > Professional by simply buying the Office 2004 prof upgrade (and not > the...

owa lockdown in exchange 2003
Hi, I read you don't need iis lockdown for owa in exc2003, I have some nosy developers, how do I make sure that is secure Have a look at this link http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/exsecure.mspx "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5EA5464-FAD1-42D5-8AAE-6DBD45644890@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I read you don't need iis lockdown for owa in exc2003, I have some nosy > developers, how do I make sure that is secure > ...

Cannot call up contacts from the task windows in outlook 2003
Hello All, I had an issue with outlook, so I used the procedure to recover the inbox. After that all email went into the recovered mailbox instead of the inbox. I exported everything to a .pst file blew away my profile then made a new profile importing the .pst back, and all seemed well. My problem is that I have multiple tasks defined. Before the export / import when I clicked on a task the contact info in the task could be clicke do n and it would take me to that contact info. Now when I click on contacts in the task window I get the error message "Cannot perform the requested operation...

Norton Utilities Detects Crash
Every time i close outlook 2002 (running windows 98) Norton Utilities tells me it just crashed and to terminate the program..I once fixed this on another computer but i forgot how thanks Are you talking about the really old CrashGuard that came with NU *before* version 2002? This was a flaky program even when it was new and appropriate only for the Windows version it supported. Maybe you're trying to run CrashGuard on a version of Windows or with a service pack level that it no longer supports. Did you find any support articles at http://www.symantec.com/ on your version of NU for Cr...

Money 2004 & Citibank
I see Citibank uses Web Banking to download stuff but this has always scared me. Who is using money with Citibank and how are you find it? In microsoft.public.money, ted wrote: >I see Citibank uses Web Banking to download stuff but this has always scared >me. Who is using money with Citibank and how are you find it? > Not as convenient as direct download but very reliable. I have had Money 2001, 2002 and now 2003. In 2002 I had to manually download the statements, but as of a few months I do it with Money. Never had a problem. Same with my accounts at UBoC. "ted" &...

AD Application Mode And Exchange 2003
Hi folks I have many contatct (email and fax address) in ADAM. Can I use this contact in Outlook/Exchnage application I can create an Exchnage Address List whit this ADAM Conctact Thanks forn any help Lorenzo Soncini ...

Outlook 2003 tolbars
I have Outlook 2003, upgraded from Outlook 2000 (as part of Office Pro). Every time I open Outlook, the toolbars appear in a different place and I have to re-arrange them. How do I get the toolbars to "stick" to where I place them?? Any help is appreciated. Thank you! try deleting this file outcmd.dat and open outlook again. This file control the toolbars in outlook and gets recreated when you remove it. Good luck "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bcbe01c420df$8c6dd2e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have Outlook 2003, upgraded fr...

How do I enable Norton Anti-Spam in Outlook?
How do I enable Norton Anti-Spam in Outlook? "ED DJ" <ED DJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F220766C-6A96-45F2-8381-32FED965831E@microsoft.com... > How do I enable Norton Anti-Spam in Outlook? What does the manual or included help in Norton AntiSpam tell you to do? ...

Cannot delete HDD partition; antivirus file on partition
I tried to delete the partition on my external hard drive using Disk Management in Computer Management. I got these two error messages: "Logical Disk Manager: The request cannot be completed because the volume is open or in use. It may be configured as a system, boot, or pagefile volume, or, to hold a crashdump file." "Disk Management: The partition <Partition name> (N:) Primary partition is currently in use. To force the deletion of this partition, click Yes. WARNING: Forcing a deletion might cause unexpected errors in the application that is using this partit...

Norton Ghost Image HQ Server then backup database file daily fine?
Would ghosting the hard drive image of our Windows 2003 HQ server once to an external storage space then daily backing up the HQ database file with a batch file + task scheduler be sufficient for backup purposes? Nothing is ever installed or changed on the server except the HQ database file I believe? And perhaps some windows security updates but that can always be re-downloaded. Matt, If you are speaking of Windows 2003 Server, Ghost will not work. Use LiveState Recovery from Symantec instead. Ghost only works with XP and W2K We use a batch file to backup the database and Ghost to ba...

how do I import a Quottro Pro 10 notebook file (.qpw) into Excel
I would like to import my worksheets and notebooks (.qpw) that I developed in Corel Quottro Pro 10 into excel 2003. Thank you in advance for your help and information. MARK ...