Non-existent exchange server

Hi,

We are running Windows2000 Sp4 desktops with Office XP and Exchange 2003
running on Windows 2003.

We recently replaced some old exchange servers with new ones with different
names. Mostly went well, but now we have turned off the old servers we have
a problem.

Those users who have an existing profile on a workstation, that points to a
now non-existent exchange server receive an error when opening their Outlook
profile. They can fix this via Control Panel Mail, but as the number of Help
desk calls are high, I was wondering id there was some way in a command line
using a tool or vbscript (e.g. via the
logon script) to check and possibly fix up the problem.

I have tried editing the registry, replacing all copies of the non-existent
exchange servername with a current one, but that seems to have no effect.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated as the Help Desk are
under quite a bit of pressure with many calls a day on this problem.

Thanks and cheers,
Les

0
landaul (2)

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 13:47:39 -1000, Les Landau <landaul@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

> We recently replaced some old exchange servers with new ones with
> different
> names. Mostly went well, but now we have turned off the old servers we
> have
> a problem.

If you still have the old servers turn them back on and log in with the
Outlook profiles. Outlook will automatically update the profile to reflect
the new server and then you can shut the old servers off again.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately we do not have the old servers! Any
other ideas? Thanks for taking the time to help.

Cheers,
Les

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
> On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 13:47:39 -1000, Les Landau <landaul@ozemail.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>> We recently replaced some old exchange servers with new ones with
>> different
>> names. Mostly went well, but now we have turned off the old servers we
>> have
>> a problem.
>
> If you still have the old servers turn them back on and log in with the
> Outlook profiles. Outlook will automatically update the profile to reflect
> the new server and then you can shut the old servers off again.
>

> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook
> Operations Coordinator
> Stockholm/KSG - Honolulu
> Microsoft Outlook FAQ:
> http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/outlook.htm

0
landaul (2)

Exchange 5.5 and Newsgroup
Hi, I believe Exchange 5.5 support NNTP newsgroup .. right ? I am new to this and would like to know how to configure. any document that describe the configuration ? Thanks Steven Technet has articles up there somewhere. www.technet.com search for Exchange NNTP etc... On Tue, 4 May 2004 12:19:28 +1000, "Steven Wong" <steven.wong@figtreesys.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I believe Exchange 5.5 support NNTP newsgroup .. right ? >I am new to this and would like to know how to configure. >any document that describe the configuration ? >Thanks > >Steven >...

Mover Exchange 2003 Server
Hi; Is there any way we can move Exchange 2003 server in native mode between administrative groups? Any hope with Exchange SP1 or SP2. Thanx On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 22:34:01 -0700, "Rajeh" <Rajeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi; >Is there any way we can move Exchange 2003 server in native mode between >administrative groups? Any hope with Exchange SP1 or SP2. > >Thanx There is no supported method to do this. You'll need to move the mailboxes/folders etc.. to another server, unistall and remove the exch server from the org, and then reinstall it into t...

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

How to import a "Sender Filter" list into Exchange 2003 ?
How to import a large "Sender Filter" list of SMTP addresses into Exchange 2003 I know how to enter individual addresses manually: Message Delivery Properties > Sender Filte Surely, for enterprises we are not expected to enter the list one by one into that keyhole of a dialog. Appreciate the tip Rober There is a script available from: http://www.cdolive.net/download/cdoutilities.zip This script allows you to import/export the filter list, it is designed for Exchange 2000 but I think it will work for Exchange 2003 The thing to remember is that the filter option is not real...

how to chage existing workbooks background color
I was wondering if there is a way to change the background (sheet) color from white to like a light gray so that there is less glare. using excel 2003 Ctrl + A to select all cells on the worksheet, then use the Fill color button and sub-menu to select a background color. You may want to change the gridline color depending on the background color you choose, in which case use Tools>Options>View tab and select the Gridlines color near the bottom of the dialogue box, then OK. If this is how you want Excel to always appear then save the file as a template - see 'Create ...

non

Have Microsoft Exchange Server Send Custom Reply Messages with Outlook 2002
Hi All I am trying to setup outlook to auto reply to my emails but the Have server reply using a specific message box is not there but reply using a specific message is so i tryed that is works ok but it sends a blank email have tryed to make a template and save it in the outlook template file but cant find the file outlook templates. Can any one help me please Thank you Daz ...

Outlook 2003 CAN NOT access exchange 55 -via exchange server connc
Hi all, I have re-installed Exchange 55 on the same box and have given it the same name and same IP address. This was installed as the previous machine on windows 2000 server. I thought that after installing and recreating all the mailboxes the users would only have to launch outlook 2003 and have access to their mailboxes (this is a windows 2000-2003 domain, 1DC windows 2000 srvr 1DC windows 2003 server). Well only two users have access to their mailboxes via outlook 2003, everyboy else has to use OWA (which works for everybody). I dont understand whey this is happening. I have tried ...

Moving Exchange #2
We have Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on Win NT 4. One of our HD's is failing and since it is an old machine we figured time to get a new one. Our new box will be running Win2K rather in NT. I figured the following migh work: -Order completely new server to be used to replace our current exchange server. -Bring that new server online and move the mailboxes over to the new Server. -Update the users client profiles to point to the new server -Take our current exchange server with the HD issues and rebuild that with all new SCSI drives. -Take that rebuilt server and load Exchange 5.5 a...

Reloading an existing OFFICE 2004
Having some trouble with Word 2004, I decided to reload it from my CD but failed to remove the previous version (my goof). In the reloading process, a lot up updating was brought in from the internet. Now when I try to open Word, I'm told tnat this is an upgrade and that I must click on the old application. Well, the old one isn't there and now I can't open anything. What do I do now? in article 1141786861.020276.318610@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, pbrobie@comcast.net at pbrobie@comcast.net wrote on 06/03/07 19:01: > Having some trouble with Word 2004, I decided to reload...

Store Exchange mail on sever?
Hi Im new with exchange, but have successfully got it receiving my company mail and the users can collect it OK through both Outlook and the web interface. However, a few issues that have arisen: 1. I want to store all mail on the server. Outlook insists on mail being stored in the PST file that already exists which is not what i want - how can this be achieved? 2. Users who work from home and do not want to use the web interface, collect their mail by establishing a VPN connection to the office first. However, they report that upon connecting to the VPN they cannot access webpages o...

Exchange/outlook error
my setup 2 DC both Global Catalog, the DC with all the roles is an Exchange 2003 server. I installet a new Exchange 2003 on a new server and moved all mailbox, then i uninstallet the old Exchange. Then i movede all the roles to the other DC and ran dcpromo to demote the old DC/Exchange and removed it from the domain I then reinstalled the old server to a NEW DC and transfered all the roles to the NEW DC. This worked flawlessly for one week. Then I desided to demote the old dc but when i ran dcpromo on the OLD dc I immediately got the errors listet below: Every time i restart the Exchan...

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

Exchange Server 2003 #7
Does anyone know how to check if there were any blocked emails? What I have is exchange server 2003 getting email from an external pop3 server then delivering the email to differwnt mailboxes within my company. I have been having a problem getting ALL the mail. I think some of it is being blocked somewhere. Thanks in advance, Alma In news:6C3D7561-926F-429C-88EE-A3EA8091A7BB@microsoft.com, Alma <Alma@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Does anyone know how to check if there were any blocked emails? What > I have is exchange server 2003 getting email from an external pop3 >...

distribution lists not visibile in outlook
Hi All I have a strange problem. After upgrading a system to exchange 2000 small buisness, the distribution lists stoped to work. All "imported" distrobution lists work, but when I create a new one, it is not visible from an outlook client (all the imported ones are ?). The only difference I can se, is that the newly created groups have country=US in capital letters, the old ones has country=us with small letters.. What could be the cause to this ? It seems to be a very strange problem! Best regards, Uffe in ESM update the offline address list and another other address lists ...

Cannot boot, setup cannot detect existing installation
After being infected by a virus (cleaned from via anti-virus bootcd) my Dell XP machine no longer boots. Trying to boot in safe-mode stalls after the line that says that it is loading ACPI.sys. I tried to do a repair from the windows XP setup CD but it fails to detect the existing installation. I don't know if it makes any difference but there are 3 partitions (C:, dell utility and dell recovery). Since it seems to loading the other 'sys' files before ACPI I assume that the bootloader sequence is okay (MBR, boot partition, etc) and the problem lies with system files. I...

NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign
What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor? I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0) (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a runtime error (we have not had yet)) Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it? PS I have a < > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items assigned to the < > blank tax id I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS ex...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

Using multiple Back-end servers
I've installed Front-end and back end exchange 2003 servers. Now we have to host another domain and old back-end it's full. I've so installed another beck-end server where hosting new mailboxes. Which I've to set to Master? Where put public folders and have to set replica? How set RSUS policy for new domain and new mailboxes in another back-end server? Thanks The additional backend should make no difference. The Routing Master and RUS can stay the same. As for Public Folders you could point the new server to the old server or create a replicas. Probably the best approac...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...

exchange support broken?
This is going to be painful, I can tell. I was able to connect to my exchange account in Office X. Something doesn't work in Office X 2004 - I get an error that my name/password isn't recognized. The settings are all correct... our support guys here are Windows only, and they don't know anything about the Exchange server other than pointing to a settings file... Anyone else encounter new problems with exchange? On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:38:57 -0500, Blake Harris wrote (in article <609d1063.0405120738.42596c7f@posting.google.com>): Hi, > This is going to be painf...

mail from non exsiting user accounts
Hi, I have one exchange 2003 cluster server. and the email address configured as user@corp.ho.com. We are not using it for external mails. one of our IBM AIX user is able to send mails to anybody in my exchange server eventhough he is not having mail account in the windows 2003 domain. if u check the ID of the sender u will see that he is also using the same domain name ie @corp.ho.com... How can i stop others who do not having account in exchange to send mails to my domain. thanks BM Uncheck "Anonymous access" from SMTP virtual server properties | Access | Authentication and r...

Renaming Exchange 2003 computer
Is it possible to change the NetBIOS name of an Exchange 2003 computer? Yes it is, but after doing so the Exchange services won't start, so it's not a good idea. :) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Andy Williams" <f_u_b_a_r_1_1_1_9@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m> wrote in message news:ePYEqQyeFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change the NetBIOS name of an Exchange 2003 computer? > Not unless you want to break Exchange... -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Andy W...

Pull Data From Non-Default Calendar
Hello, I am running Outlook 2003 and I have a macro that pulls data from the default calendar. I created a new calendar named "Instructor Schedule" which is a subfolder under Calendar. I would like to change the code so that the data is pulled from the new calendar. Currently I am using the following code. Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items What change would I need to implement to get my desired results? Thanks. Regards, Chris -- Regards, Chris Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders.Item("Instructor Sch...