no sound for new mail in inbox

i have same problems about sound.
1. does that mean i have to leave outlook open for 5 minutes or longer to
hear a sound for new mail in the inbox?

2, do i have to create a rule to play a sound for items going into personal
folders?and how do you do that?
0
hairyt (1)

1.  Please quote the post to which you are referring - no one here has any
idea what the original question/answer entailed.
2.  Post your version of Outlook.
3.  Use rules and alerts.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, hairyt asked:

| i have same problems about sound.
| 1. does that mean i have to leave outlook open for 5 minutes or
| longer to hear a sound for new mail in the inbox?
|
| 2, do i have to create a rule to play a sound for items going into
| personal folders?and how do you do that?

0
Milly

Opening E-mail with excel attachment
I cannot open excel files people send me through e-mail it asks to check if path and filename are correct and that I have all the libraries required, i have excel97...can someboby please help m Try this first In Microsoft Excel 97, on the Tools menu, click Options. Click the General tab. Clear the Ignore Other Applications checkbox, and click OK. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B135A4B-65A9-47FB-BDA1-A884C31BAC55@microsoft.com... > I cannot open excel files peo...

How do I reroute mail from other e-mail accounts to Outlook?
I'm trying to use Outlook Express for first time on a new computer. I cannot get mail from a web based e-mail account to redirect to OE. It keeps asking for my password which I am entering but it is not being accepted. Sandie <Sandie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use Outlook Express for first time on a new computer. I > cannot get mail from a web based e-mail account to redirect to OE. It > keeps asking for my password which I am entering but it is not being > accepted. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Office XP Sounds
I'm having a problem with the Office XP Sounds add-on, available for download at Microsoft's Web site. I've tried installing them a few times, but only 20% of them really work--the rest of the time it's like they don't even exist. I know this because they were working just fine a couple weeks ago, but then I decided to reformat my hard drive and now I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them all back. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. TIA! -- Kyle W. ...

New contact form population
Hi everyone! Here is the problem we are having. When adding a new account and contacts to CRM we start by adding an account. From that account/contact page, we click on "new contact". Previously, this contact form would pop up and many of the fields would be populated. For some reason, some of these fields are not populating. The parent account and several of the address fields remain blank. Any ideas? Have you changed the field mappings in Deployment Manager? I'd start by verifying that there is still a mapping between Accounts and Contacts, and that the fields ...

How do I format an excel document to transfer to mail merge?
Chris For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:39:05 -0800, Chrisv <Chrisv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

new hardware
I just installed a new hard drive. The old hard drive remains in the computer (as a slave drive). The old hard drive data was copied bit by bit on to the new hard drive. Every program functions properly on the new (master) drive except for every one of the Microsoft Office XP programs. I cannot remove Office XP via Control Panel and I cannot repair the the programs from the CD. When I go to uninstall I get 'This patch package could not be opened'. Any ideas for a repair? ...

Using Excell 2000 to do a bulk mailing in Outlook 2000
www.microsoft.com previously posted instructions on how to do this (http://www.microsoft.com/exceldev/articles/bulkmail.htm) When testing this I am unable to download the Microsoft Excel Bulk Mailing templates. Do these instructions no longer apply to version 2000 of Excel and Outlook. Sally sally.wittwer@gwinnettcounty.com Hi Sally Most of the Excel 97 links are dead on the MS site. I never used it but If you want the zip file mail me and I send you the file -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Sally" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

stop mail from automatically downloading
Please help! How do i stop e-mail from automatically downloading when I start Outlook? I don't always want my mail downloaded and can't find any help on this subject anywhere! I was also advised to try this: When you close Outlook while working in Off-line mode File-> Work Off Line. Outlook will also start in Off-line mode. I'm going to try them both Thank you >-----Original Message----- >Referring to Outlook 2000 (assume other versions not too different): > >Tools>Options>Mail Delivery. Uncheck "Check for messages ...." Messages will not be down...

pub.edb usable for mail boxes
Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free up disk space? "mike r." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free >up disk space? Not exactly. The Public store is just for public messages. There's nothing to stop you creating a structure in there and assigning permissions to it so that only the owners can access the folders and then using the store to allow users to archive old but still required messages in there. That's not an often used idea and it certainly doesn't give you any ...

low voice recording volume with Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card
Hi all, Here a while back I build a new computer and installed a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card. The Asus P5Q PRO TURBO motherboard I put in it had integrated sound but would not do what I needed. Now, I'm having problems with the microphone not having enough volume to properly record voice. For some reason when I go into Sounds and Audio Device Properties, Voice and Test Hardware the mic volume yield is very low unless I put a boost under Record Control, Advanced. After I do another Test Hardware everything working properly but when I try anything that uses analog...

Sound card / sound devices not recognized
I recently re-installed XP SP3 after a virus attack and now my machine is not recognizing my headphones nor my plug and play speakers (both of these work on other machines). My machine is a Gateway, built 12/2003, P4, Windows Media Player 9. My best guess is that it is a sound card issue. I don’t know whether the card is on the motherboard or separate: I haven’t ID’ed the type of sound card yet. I ran a program called Everest that lists all the components, but under the motherboard I did not recognize anything that looked like a sound card. I have made sure the speakers are...

Unread Mail in Favorites
Outlook 2003 Got a funny one here: Unread Mail doesn't show in Favorites. I can right click and add it but when I close Outlook down it vanishes again. "ChrisSDB" <ChrisSDB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C20DC882-7793-4AC5-A839-33C076B59047@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 > Got a funny one here: Unread Mail doesn't show in Favorites. I can right > click and add it but when I close Outlook down it vanishes again. This indicates that Outlook isn't actually closing properly. The next time you close Outlook, use the Task Mana...

Creating new emails
I'm sure this is really simple but I cannot find the answer - basicall when I go to create a new email in Outlook 2002 the Subject field i missing - how do I get it back?? Marti ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try clicking View | Message Header and see if it reappears. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:Tuske...

Cannot Add a new facility or equipment
Hello, We are trying to deploy CRM 3.0 on a SBS 2003. I read in help how to create the above, but when I click Business Unit Settings there are no options for Facilities/Equipment. At the end of this post are the directions. Am I missing something? Did the program install correctly? Is this available for the Small Business Server Version? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ed Podowski ------------Add a new facility or equipment ------------- For help gathering the right information, see the Fadllity/Equi/ment worksheet in the Microsoft CRM 3,0 Implementation Guide o...

Trying to add new company to SBF: "You must be on the server machine to perform the upgrade."
Does anyone know how I can go about fixing this error? I'm using SBF 9, and even though I'm running SBF on the same server as where the SQL server is running, I get the dreaded "You must be on the server machine to perform the upgrade." message. Does the client not think I'm on the server? What table can I look at in DYNAMICS to see what server it thinks I'm supposed to be on? TGQ, Are you logged in via Remote Desktop? I've seen this error as a result. You may need to login directly on the server if you are not. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dyna...

New Recipient Policy in Mailbox Manager
Hi, I created a new recipient policy for mailbox management to permanently delete all items in the Deleted Items folders of our mailboxes that are 30 days or older and set the size limit at 0 kb. I ran the Mailbox Manager and while it did delete about 500mb of items, it did not delete all of the items that are 30 days or older. I checked to make sure the the created date of the items in the deleted folder was older than 30 days, but there are a lot of old items that just did not get deleted. Can someone tell me what to look for? Thanks, What counts is the modified date. ...

Extracting Data To New Worksheet
Hi all I am attempting to filter a large data source to a new worksheet without much success. I want to filter the data by multiple paramenters. I have built a Macro that sorts the data by value and then pastes in the new sheet. I only want to paste 3 of the columns, not all the data. E.G Location, Value 1, Value 3 and Manufacturer Is this as complicated as I am making it? Location Model Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5 Value 6 Value 7 Manufacturer text/numerical text Numerical Numerical Numerical Numerical Numerical Numerical text/numerical Text te...

Why can't I send a document using e-mail
I don't know why I can't send a document from my Microsoft file to an e-mail address. My internet provider is Sprint and they said that there is something wrong with my set-up in Microsoft. Can you tell me what I have to change. Outlook version? Symptoms? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Daughter in Windsor" <Daughter in Windsor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3164F0B-9748-48BD-9B80-28C957418...

MS Publisher
How can you get this feature to work in MS Publisher 2003? -Sending a Web Page in an E-Mail Message. I do not want to attach the .htm file to an e-mail, but rather send the web page in the message of an e-Mail. I can not add the buttons or commands 'E-Mail Preview' or the 'Send This Page as Message' to a toolbar or menu. I'm using MS Outlook 2003 and it is set as the default e-mail program. Is this a bug in the software? If so, can a fix be downloaded. ....OR .....am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks in Advance for Your Help! "Dolores" ...

Create new database based on two columns
Hello Excel Gurus!! I am working on a database which actually composed of two excel files. One = file contains 16000 rows and 20 columns and the other contains about 5000 r= ows and 20 columns. I need to generate a new database by combining these tw= o. The criteria for generating the new database is: the new file will have = 16000 rows and 40 columns by matching column A in file 1 and column A in fi= le 2.=20 I am trying to get this done for almost a week now but without success.=20 Please help me out. Thanks and regards, Yes_P On Feb 4, 11:36=A0am, Yes_P <pras.k...@gmail.com> wrote:...

Thumping sound in XP after I click someting
Ok I built an home theater PC (HTPC) with Windows XP and had all the latest updates. To make a long story short, my projector blew a bulb and it took about 6+ months to replace it. During that down time, I didn't turn the PC on. I was able to finally buy a bulb, and start the PC up again. Now, whenever I initiate an activity with a mouse, and the activity happens, I get a thump, where a ding is supposed to sound. For example, if I click the Back button in IE and it goes to the previous page, I get a thump. If I click Ok on a dialog box, I get a thump; if I double-click on ...

Error message when creating new record
I keep getting an error message on my form when trying to create a new record. The error message says - A related record is required in the table tblCustomperProfile. I dont know what i am doing wrong. I have about 5 to 6 tables with relationships consisting of one to one and one to many. The form uses tabs, so i have all most of the tables fields displayed on the form and two subforms. I'm quite sure that all the tables are related properly, but i cant work out why it keeps saying that. If someone could help me, or give me ideas why this is happening please. Thanks in advance Dos...

Creating a new profile
My Outlook crashes everytime I send an email or anytime I try to use an email address look up. Detect and repair isn't working so I want to try creating a new profile but want to make sure I don't lose all my old emails. Does anyone know the step-by-step instructions on how to do this? thanks. "Bradj57" <Bradj57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB81E8CA-5DC7-4339-AE15-3783996E8368@microsoft.com... > My Outlook crashes everytime I send an email or anytime I try to use an > email > address look up. Detect and repair isn't...

Sound recorder in Publisher
Hi I want to record a voice in Publisher using the sound recorder. I can do this by Insert object and selecting Wave Sound, but when I do this the sound icon does not appear even if I tick the display as Icon box. If I click on Change Icon, I can select a different one and it works, but I just want to the sound recorder icon. This works in Word so not sure why is does not in publisher? Thanks Shirl -- shirl shirl wrote: > I want to record a voice in Publisher using the sound recorder. I can > do this by Insert object and selecting Wave Sound, but when I do this > the soun...

How do I get my new email previewed on my desktop?
I'm assuming you're referring to the desktop alert that displays a preview of new email. These are the steps to turn on an alert from Outlook Help: Turn on alerts On the Tools menu, click Options. On the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options, and then click Advanced E-mail Options. Under When new items arrive in my Inbox, select the Display a New Mail Desktop Alert (default Inbox only) check box. "Conner" <Conner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB242AD7-229E-401C-B31D-9956A19F2B1B@microsoft.com... > ...