No Send Button #3

I have decided I want to start using Outlook 2003 (after using Outlook
Express for years). I have the Office 2003 Professional Edition, which
includes Outlook.

I successfully imported my address book and email folders from OE.

I went through the steps of setting up an email account, tested it, says it
was successful; but I never did get the test email in Outlook. (I opened OE
and the test emails came in there just fine)

I tried to compose an email, and noticed there is no "send" button. Also,
when I go to File, New, the option of New Message is not there at all, the
first thing on the menu is New Post. In the Options, Email tab, where it
says Send/Receive immediately, I have it checked. I also clicked on the
Send/Receive button and I do not get any response. When I checked this
button on my laptop, I got another screen about selecting groups.

I have Outlook on my laptop, and it works fine. Same internet connection
(wireless). I did not have Outlook open on my laptop when I was setting up
the account on my desktop.

Using the Office Pro setup disk, I uninstalled Outlook. Rebooted the pc.
Re-installed Outlook, set up completely new email account, rebooted....
still no Send button.

I have gone to the Help section and all I can get out of the Help is that
you have to have an email account set up. Am I overlooking something else?

My email account is a LAN connection. (I use Hughes satellite, previously
DirecWay) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

One other difference between the laptop and desktop, I use Trend PC-cillan
on desktop, and Norton on the laptop.
 Thanks! Donna

"Donna" <txcoalminer@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
>I have decided I want to start using Outlook 2003 (after using Outlook
>Express for years). I have the Office 2003 Professional Edition, which
>includes Outlook.
>
> I successfully imported my address book and email folders from OE.
>
> I went through the steps of setting up an email account, tested it, says
> it was successful; but I never did get the test email in Outlook. (I
> opened OE and the test emails came in there just fine)
>
> I tried to compose an email, and noticed there is no "send" button. Also,
> when I go to File, New, the option of New Message is not there at all, the
> first thing on the menu is New Post. In the Options, Email tab, where it
> says Send/Receive immediately, I have it checked. I also clicked on the
> Send/Receive button and I do not get any response. When I checked this
> button on my laptop, I got another screen about selecting groups.
>
> I have Outlook on my laptop, and it works fine. Same internet connection
> (wireless). I did not have Outlook open on my laptop when I was setting up
> the account on my desktop.
>
> Using the Office Pro setup disk, I uninstalled Outlook. Rebooted the pc.
> Re-installed Outlook, set up completely new email account, rebooted....
> still no Send button.
>
> I have gone to the Help section and all I can get out of the Help is that
> you have to have an email account set up. Am I overlooking something else?
>
> My email account is a LAN connection. (I use Hughes satellite, previously
> DirecWay) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
> One other difference between the laptop and desktop, I use Trend PC-cillan
> on desktop, and Norton on the laptop.
> Thanks! Donna

In Outlook go to Tools-Email Accounts-View or Change Existing Accounts - is
the account you set up actually there?

0
gordon7598 (483)
7/24/2006 7:05:13 AM
Yes, it is listed. The buttons to change, add, remove, are functional.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Donna" <txcoalminer@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
> >I have decided I want to start using Outlook 2003 (after using Outlook
> >Express for years). I have the Office 2003 Professional Edition, which
> >includes Outlook.
> >
> > I successfully imported my address book and email folders from OE.
> >
> > I went through the steps of setting up an email account, tested it, says
> > it was successful; but I never did get the test email in Outlook. (I
> > opened OE and the test emails came in there just fine)
> >
> > I tried to compose an email, and noticed there is no "send" button. Also,
> > when I go to File, New, the option of New Message is not there at all, the
> > first thing on the menu is New Post. In the Options, Email tab, where it
> > says Send/Receive immediately, I have it checked. I also clicked on the
> > Send/Receive button and I do not get any response. When I checked this
> > button on my laptop, I got another screen about selecting groups.
> >
> > I have Outlook on my laptop, and it works fine. Same internet connection
> > (wireless). I did not have Outlook open on my laptop when I was setting up
> > the account on my desktop.
> >
> > Using the Office Pro setup disk, I uninstalled Outlook. Rebooted the pc.
> > Re-installed Outlook, set up completely new email account, rebooted....
> > still no Send button.
> >
> > I have gone to the Help section and all I can get out of the Help is that
> > you have to have an email account set up. Am I overlooking something else?
> >
> > My email account is a LAN connection. (I use Hughes satellite, previously
> > DirecWay) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > One other difference between the laptop and desktop, I use Trend PC-cillan
> > on desktop, and Norton on the laptop.
> > Thanks! Donna
> >

> In Outlook go to Tools-Email Accounts-View or Change Existing Accounts - is
> the account you set up actually there?

0
Donna (199)
7/24/2006 12:45:01 PM
I have the same problem, and I used Outlook 2003 before.  What is going one?

"Donna" wrote:

> Yes, it is listed. The buttons to change, add, remove, are functional.
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
> > "Donna" <txcoalminer@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
> > >I have decided I want to start using Outlook 2003 (after using Outlook
> > >Express for years). I have the Office 2003 Professional Edition, which
> > >includes Outlook.
> > >
> > > I successfully imported my address book and email folders from OE.
> > >
> > > I went through the steps of setting up an email account, tested it, says
> > > it was successful; but I never did get the test email in Outlook. (I
> > > opened OE and the test emails came in there just fine)
> > >
> > > I tried to compose an email, and noticed there is no "send" button. Also,
> > > when I go to File, New, the option of New Message is not there at all, the
> > > first thing on the menu is New Post. In the Options, Email tab, where it
> > > says Send/Receive immediately, I have it checked. I also clicked on the
> > > Send/Receive button and I do not get any response. When I checked this
> > > button on my laptop, I got another screen about selecting groups.
> > >
> > > I have Outlook on my laptop, and it works fine. Same internet connection
> > > (wireless). I did not have Outlook open on my laptop when I was setting up
> > > the account on my desktop.
> > >
> > > Using the Office Pro setup disk, I uninstalled Outlook. Rebooted the pc.
> > > Re-installed Outlook, set up completely new email account, rebooted....
> > > still no Send button.
> > >
> > > I have gone to the Help section and all I can get out of the Help is that
> > > you have to have an email account set up. Am I overlooking something else?
> > >
> > > My email account is a LAN connection. (I use Hughes satellite, previously
> > > DirecWay) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > One other difference between the laptop and desktop, I use Trend PC-cillan
> > > on desktop, and Norton on the laptop.
> > > Thanks! Donna
> > >

> > In Outlook go to Tools-Email Accounts-View or Change Existing Accounts - is
> > the account you set up actually there?

0
Nick4562 (282)
7/28/2006 12:32:02 AM
Hi Nick,
I hope you get this post. Its taken me a while to get back here. I ended up
contacting Microsoft via email. I got a response within 24 hrs or less. He
didn't explain "why" I had the trouble, but he gave me 2 solutions to start
with. As it turned out, the first solution worked for me.

I opened Outlook, and from the Help Menu I selected Detect and Repair...

(I had previously used the Detect & Repair on Outlook, using my Office 2003
installation disk and it did not fix anything)

It brought up a screen with some other options to select or deselect. I
opted not to save any shortcuts (didn't have any) and I opted YES to restore
defaults. Seems like there might have been something else to select, but
can't remember now.

After making the selections, clicked OK, I had to close Outlook in order for
it to do its thing. It didn't take long, maybe a minute.

I reopend Outlook and it was as if I was opening Outlook for the very first
time. I was at the setup screen. yipppeeeee hoooray

From there, I setup my email account. When prompted to import another
account (I think it was looking at my OE account) I said NO NO NO.

He told me if this step didn't work, that I would need to create a new
profile. I still have the instructions for that. If  you need them, reply
back to this post (reply to group) and I will post the instructions.

Note: when I elected to contact Microsoft by email, I had to pay $35 up
front. They reversed the charges on this paticular problem.

Hope this helps you and anyone else that has this trouble.

"NIck" wrote:

> I have the same problem, and I used Outlook 2003 before.  What is going one?
>
> "Donna" wrote:
>
> > Yes, it is listed. The buttons to change, add, remove, are functional.
> >
> > "Gordon" wrote:
> >
> > > "Donna" <txcoalminer@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message

> > > In Outlook go to Tools-Email Accounts-View or Change Existing Accounts - is
> > > the account you set up actually there?

0
Donna (199)

No message in outbox

Missing Maximise/minimise/close buttons
I have been using Windows Live Mail for over a year and am very happy with it. However, I have suddenly lost the Maximise/Minimise/Close buttons when I open an email or when I write an email! The buttons are visible when I open Windows Live Mail, but when I write a "New" email or I open a received email, they are not in their normal location of top right. I have repaired my Live Mail installation but this has not fixed the problem. Would be grateful for any help in this matter. -- dgo47 Left click on the title bar and drag to the left. -- Ron Sommer MS M...

outlook express password #3
I want to password protect my outlook express so that you need the password to access new mail. why is it that even though the "enter password box" appears, you can still see the "in box" messages in the screen behind? if you "click" cancel on the enter password, you can still access any inbox mail that appears on the screen. is there a setting so that when you click outlook icon and enter a password to access, no other box appears on the screen? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outl...

Sending mail from remote location

Two Button Mouse Compatibility
Does anyone know of a two button mouse that is compatible with the Mac (has Mac drivers) which will enable use of the same features in Office v.X that the two button mouse does in Windows versons of Office. For example, right clicking a misspelled word gives suggested correct spellings in Windows. Thanks, Mike "Mike Hammon" <Mike Hammon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DA96C6A-AC1E-4310-B7B3-A4BDBF033275@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a two button mouse that is compatible with the Mac > (has > Mac drivers) which will enable use of the ...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

CRM 3.0: Clear workflow queue
I am still using CRM 3.0 and wondered if I can clear the workflow queue. On my development system, I have many workflow rules running that do not respond to a request to cancel through the workflow monitor tool. I cannot delete attributes that are included in these running rules. Is there any way to get them to complete or cancel? Thanks, Dan ...

Send and Recieve Fix

want to turn 10 into 30.000 in 3 weeks ?
Okay, before you ignore this message and move on to the next let me tell you that this is NOT A SCAM. This is a tried and true easy to do home based system that practically anybody can use to start making money immediately. With only $10 you can start making money in as little as 2-3 days. All of the information can be found at: www.freewebs.com/jeffmarling Take a look at what I'm offering. It's so simple it should be illegal! BUT IT'S NOT! This type of system has been in place for decades however my program offers you a much faster and easier way than past programs requiring yo...

Unable to send?

VBA #3
I have a standard database which i need to upload it into my accounting software. In this database, one column is sale amount whereby sometime the value is NIL. Is anyone know how to write VBA to run down that particular column to delete those row with sale amount is NIL? Thank you so much in advance. Howard wrote: > I have a standard database which i need to upload it into my accounting > software. In this database, one column is sale amount whereby sometime the > value is NIL. > > Is anyone know how to write VBA to run down that particular column to delete > th...

Text in Cell as Formula #3
Peo + Julie Many thanks for your answer with the last query. I have another similar question; I would like to use values form a different spreadsheet, and this method [INDIRECT()] fails. i.e. I type the link (as text) from a different spreadsheet in a cell in the current spreadsheet and use this method to call a value in a cell. Appreciate your help. ...

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

CRM 3.0 Distribute Campaign Activity Error
I'm trying to do a word mail merge to a marketing list which is part of a campaign. I can create the Campaign Activity (Channel is "Letter via Mail Merge"). When I click on "open word" on the "Distribute Campaign Activity" screen after having selected the type of "template" I get an error Line: 132 Char: 1 Error: Access is denied Code: 0 URL: http://<server name/_grid/cmds/dlg_canmailmerge.aspx?iObyType=4402&Total=1&sIds=<GUID>&sAction=letterviamailmerge I have system administration role, mail merge has no issues on any other ...

Send Do Not Send

Save as html #3
I recently upgraded from Office 97 running on a Windows 98 machine to Office 2003 running on an XP machine. With the Office 97 version of Excel, when I do a "save as html" the file that is created has the cells formatted with shadowed bars around them. When I do a "save as web page" in the newer version of Excel, the shadowed bars are missing. How can I get the same formatting as with the older version of Excel? John, Excel has come a long way with html since Excel 97. It looks considerably more in a browser like it does in Excel. Probably your only bet is to ...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

Macro Command Button
I'm trying to assign a command button on the worksheet to a macro. If I read the help instructions correctly it states to put a command button on the worksheet then 'right click the command button and select shortcut to macro'. I don't get a shortcut option when I right-click the command button????? I've to 2 macros created and working but I'm unable to setup the button. Help anyone....thanks There are two buttons that look alike, but behave differently. It sounds like you used the commandbutton from the Control toolbox toolbar. Delete those and grab a button f...

How to set up your mobile device to work with CRM 3.0 Mobile
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C66980.821C2210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The most common heard problem on how to setup your PDA to work with CRM = 3.0 Mobile is how to connect to the different network environments. In most scenarios you don't want to expose your CRM server to a direct = internet connection, but you want your employees to connect via a more = secure VPN connection. We have published a walkthrough on how to setup the different network = connection on your...

What was Outlook sending?

Outlook Can't Send Messages

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX