No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

I just replaced our server hardware, upgraded to WS 2k3
Enterprise and created a new domain.  I transferred the
client files and desktop on our desk/laptop computers
over to the new domain.  We do NOT have Exchange
installed yet, but use Outlook 2002 with the email etc.
saved on the client.

One one client machine (mine), the email, calendar, etc
are there, but when I hit the Send/Receive button, I get
a message saying that I don't have permission to perform
this operation.  Also when I try and change the automatic
check for email option it tells me I don't have
permission.  How can this be?  What setting do I need to
change?

exporting Sendas permissions in Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is it possible to export the sendas permissions on the objects (mailbox, distribution lists) in Exchange 5.5. The article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188628 says that it is not possible to export the permissions using Directory export tool. I tried to see the header information using admin program in raw mode and tried exporting NT-Security-Descriptor field which gives out junk (or something which i am not able to make any sense out of). Could you guys help me with this? Are there any tools which do this? Thanks Chandrasekhar ...

Problem resolution for obscure problem of not being able to send emails
I thought I would get this into the record for the benefit of others having trouble with an obscure email problem. The symptom is that all of a sudden you can no longer send emails. Variations are that you can send emails, but not replies to emails; another is that problem is intermittant. Various similar error messages come back from the smtp server, but are all related to the smtp server closing the connetion. Keywords from the error messages and smtp log are inserted below. From my research, apparently everyone is baffled as to the cause, including Microsoft. Here is the solution for ...

In publisher when I send 1 page by email do only some hyperlinks
I have about 30 hyperlings to web pages in a one page document in publisher (latest version) they are all set up the same way, but with different links, when I send this page as an email, why do only some of the links work, ie the curser only changes to a hand on some of them -- dave 1. You only need to send once. And after you do, please wait more than a half hour before you start to answer. Not everyone lives online (like some people accuse me do doing). 2. Are you aware that sending emails with Publisher isn't the best way to send info? I've run into problems because some...

Outlook Express Sending Problems
I am unable to send attachments as small as 108KB, my smtp does not respond even after 5 minutes or more. Soes anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? Thanks, Lorie This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.o...

How do you create a rule to delete an email older than 24 hours
I get news feeds that I would just like them to go away when they are old. Sacheen Tom wrote: > I get news feeds that I would just like them to go away when they are old. Create a special folder where you move these e-mails. Create a rule to move these e-mails to the special folder. Enable auto-archiving. Make sure the global archiving function runs every day. In the properties of the special folder, have archiving delete items over 1 day old. Thank you "VanguardLH" wrote: > Sacheen Tom wrote: > > > I get news feeds that I would just like them...

Please Help!How to receive WM_USER+411 in MFC Dialog Based applica
Hello, I am working with VC++ 7. I created MFC Application (Dialog), How I can receive WM_USER+411 message, in my appl.? Thank you in advance, Pola >How I can receive WM_USER+411 message, in my appl.? Presumably by "receive" you mean "handle"? Since this is a user defined message, there's no Wizard support for it, so you need to modify the message map in the source code manually. See the MSDN documentation of ON_MESSAGE and have a look at the topic titled "User-Defined Handlers". If you want to check if the message is getting sent to your dialog, us...

SENDING PHOTOS
Normally if you select a photo from a folder and select to send it in an email windows gives you the option to down-size the photo making it a more reasonable size to send via email. My pc has stopped giving me this option. Where can i find the option to turn this function back on please??? have a look at this: http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/digitalphotography/getstarted/shareit/= email.asp >-----Original Message----- >Normally if you select a photo from a folder and select=20 >to send it in an email windows gives you the option to=20 >down-size the photo making it a m...

Managing List Permissions Permission
Hi, I wonder if are there any permission to manage list permissions ? Or the only way for giving this right to some user is giving "manage list" permission. There are some overheads, if i give the user "manage list" permission then he can do a lot like deleting list, adding-changing list columns. So i am looking for a way to give some user distinct permission, so he can give other users permissions on that list. Thanks. Is this resolved by making a user the Owner of a permissions list? From the SP Group Settings screen: "Owner The owner can ...

Does not have permission???
The error message states that the user does not have permission yet she is one of the owners of the mailbox. She is set up along with two other to have access to another mailbox. I noticed that under this mailbox, there is not a sent folder nor a deleted items folder. Her own inbox seems to be working just fine. It is only when she goes to send from this other mailbox. Help please. :o( Thank you thank you thank you. ...

Exch 2003, able to use Send As or Send on Behalf in public folders OWA ??
we have users at various divisions/sites that were thinking of having them use OWA only but will need to "Send as or Send on behalf of" in OWA for public folders. is that possible ?? if not anyone have a "workaround " ?? thanks gang ! On 13 Feb 2007 07:28:49 -0800, "Biglou" <louiem@gmail.com> wrote: >we have users at various divisions/sites that were thinking of having >them use OWA only >but will need to "Send as or Send on behalf of" in OWA for public >folders. >is that possible ?? > >if not anyone have a "workaround...

send emails
i set up an email account, but i do not have a send button, i am trying to send a resume thru microsoft works word processor, my sister cannot open it because it says files are not encoded properly, i also tried thru microsoft outlook, please help mf760 <mf760@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i set up an email account, but i do not have a send button, i am > trying to send a resume thru microsoft works word processor, my > sister cannot open it because it says files are not encoded properly, Not an exact answer to your question, but Word should be able to open a Works ...

Problem with OL sending external emails and making errors
I am trying to send Accpac accounting software remittances but with each email OL makes me 'accept' that it is from an external source and 'yes' i am expecting this email to be sent and no it's not a virus. How can i make OL accept anything that comes from Accpac as okay. i send about 25 emails this way per day and the process is becoming rather tedious and time consuming. Thanks Tammy! tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send Accpac accounting software remittances but with each > email OL makes me 'accept' that it is from an external sourc...

Find NTFS permissions for an account
We need to use an application that runs as a number of windows services. Those services run under a local user account that was created when the application was installed. We need those accounts to be Windows 2008 Domain level accounts (the services will be set up to access files on other servers, not the way the application is designed, but for up-time reasons we want those files on our fail-over file server). We don't know what permissions were given to the accounts. We could go through manually looking at permissions on every directory to see whether they are there ...

How can I access my email remotely from internet
I have a Win2003 network with Exchange2003 as our email server. I wonder how I can access my email remotely from internet? Any help will be greatly appreciated! You can use Outlook Web Access, a web-based interface - uses HTTP/HTTPS; or IMAP4, POP3 or RPC over HTTP(S). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F1AB24A-AACE-4A38-A8CB-4A788DE2155C@microsoft.com... >I have a Win2003 network with Exchange2003 as our email server. I wonder ...

Windows Live Mail email mismatch
I have several layers of storage folders. Some of the messages are imported from Windows Mail, others are filed emails put there after conversion to Live Mail. I've always been able to open email stored in these subfolders just fine. However today when attempting to retrieve some sales invoices for my taxes I found that although the subject lines of the emails are correct, opening them shows me a DIFFERENT email than should be in there. The emails still exist - I can find them if I go to the C:Users\(userid)\appdata\local\microsoft\windowslivemail\ folder. However I ...

I just added several domains to our Exchange 2003 environment. I created a new recipient policy, have external DNS setup properly and we are able to recieve email on behalf of the new domains, for those users that have such email addresses. My question however has to do with the sending of email from these domains. Of course Exchange has a set default/primary email address that all email is sent out from, however I need to enable the users that recieve email from these new domain names to reply back to it from that address using the from field. When I do specify one of these email addr...

Share Permissions
Hello, I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a share on a another file server. I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even whether you can. Any help appreciated. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:858F440D-1A9E-4B44-8E32-CFB9774906D0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a > share on a another file server. > I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even > ...

file send to mail recipient (as attachment) problem
Hi, every time i try to send an office document using the file - send to - mail recipient (as attachment) option, i am asked, i think by outlook express to setup a new email account. I already have an email account in outlook 2003, but it does not seem to be associating. I am using Vista. Thnx. Make sure you have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 set as your default mail handler in Windows; Start-> Default Programs FYI: The account setup is probably coming from Windows Mail which is indeed the successor to Outlook Express in Windows Vista. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] ...

Send receive operation failed
I have an error that comes up when i hit send/receive. It says 'operation failed'. There is nothing else with the message, just an ok button. I have tried microsoft knowledge base article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;312354 but that doesn't help, it fixes the error that says 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' but not mine, i tried it and it didn't work. I am using windows 2000 and office xp. This error has only been happening recently. Can anyone help me? Thanks, Matt ...

Restore permissions on GAL
Hi. I changed the permissions on GAL by mistake. I said deny read access. Now I can't access the property page to change back the permissions. Any help will be appreciated. Use the admin account. Go in a few times and keep clicking ok - after a few tries the securtiy tab should return. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyrigh...

email stuck in outbox
I'm using Outlook 2002. I must've clicked on an e-mail in the Outbox before it was sent. It disappeared, but my Outbox still shows (1). When I click on the Outbox, nothing is there so I can't delete it. How do I clear the Outbox if there is no e-mail waiting to be sent, but it thinks there is? TIA -r ...

cant send email...
to whom it may concern, I am not able to send email using windows mail.i have in the past tried to send stuff with no luck and now trying to send video mail and keep getting this message: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'previous correspondence',Account: 'POP3' , Server: 'SMTP' , Protocol: SMTP, Port:25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D If you could help me out i would greatly appreciate it "David Scott" <stickersmcqueen@liv...

Send On Behalf issue #3
Hello - I have been reviewing the existing postings for this issue, but none pertain to my issue. I have a user who can send as her manager, but she is not set up to "Send As" this person. I have validated that in ADUC / Security tab. She is set up to "Send on behalf" of her manager, but when she places his name in the From Field and sends the message - it shows as only coming FROM her manager. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. Thanks! OSF Mail Admin Could she be getting her 'Send As' permission from a group membership? If you remove he...

Problems with CAsyncSocket::Receive
I'm having problems with my CAsyncSocket derived class. I'm using TCP and the problem manifests itself on the client side. Sometimes my OnReceive will get called and when my handler calls Receive, will return with a zero return value. Microsoft help states "If the connection has been closed, it returns 0." When this happens, what should I do? Is there cleanup I should do? I've tried calling CAsyncSocket::Close. My code then waits 5 seconds and then attempts to reconnect. It seems to get into a funny state and all communications grinds to a halt. What should I do?...

permission problem
hi, i recently upgraded my NT4 domin to windows 2003 and encountered permission problem with the delegates in outlook. my upgrade plan was : installed 2 domain on new computers with new domain name install exchange on new computer and same site as exchange 5.5 moved all the users with admt to the new domain and installed ADC now my users are still logon to the old domain because i didnt do computer admt whan i moved all the mailboxs from the old server to the new server all the users that can see other users mailboxs can not see tham anymore, the only solution i found is to move the compute...