no notice in Inbox of new mail.

Hello,
I am new to Outlook 2010 and am still learning it's little nuances but I am
trying to figure out why I don't get a numeric indication of new mail in
some of my email accounts? Only the default mail account.   I have 4 email
accounts.  I have my default account of course and everything is fine when
receiving an email to that account.  I get a sound and then a numeric
indicator showing how many new messages there are.  I have all of the mail
accounts Inboxes in my Favorites column as well as below, but only the main
default account shows a new mail  indicator and the quantity.  The other
accounts I would have to have been lucky and heard the sound and if nothing
shows up in the mail default account, I then know I have to click on each of
the other inboxes to find out what account the new incoming email went to
and then it shows the new email there in bold text, but again, no indication
of new mail other than having to open the Inbox to that account.
Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed ?  And if so, why wouldn't
it be automatically set to show new email since wouldn't most people want a
new mail indication?
Please advise.
Thank you.

0
nospam7515 (2086)

A reboot fixed the problem but I still don't get the new mail animation that
it is supposed to do.

"DotCom2"  wrote in message news:j55k4c$qts$1@dont-email.me...

[...]

I cannot find the file path for outlook inbox
My outlook is having a problem as it does not respond once I get the initial screen. I wanted to reinstall, but I need to backup my inbox. Since I cannot do anything in outlook, I cannot find out what the path is for the inbox. I have tried to search for various file names in file explorer, but have not been successful. Thanks for anyone who can help. On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:43:29 -0700, "O.S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My outlook is having a problem as it does not respond >once I get the initial screen. I wanted to reinstall, >but I nee...

How can i add new Tab to the fieldprops.aspx page for an entity
Hi , I have a requirement where i have add new tab to do addditional functionality the the field property. Can any one help on this . Regards, Chittu Hi, Remember that 8 is the maximum tab limit. Settings -> Customization -> Customize entity -> Account -> forms and Views -> Account Form -> Add Tab -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "chitrarasan" wrote: > Hi , > I have a requirement where i...

problems with e-mail a) junk and b) not removing from server?
Apologies for cross-posting (wasn't sure which of the two was the best forum to post this to) I admit, much as I'd like to use Outlook for e-mail, because I use newsgroups in the past I've always used Outlook Express for all my e-mail needs. With Office 2003 I finally decided to move across to Outlook (yet again it doesn't have a built-in news viewer...sigh). I have two fairly major problems... a) I've set up rules to move messages from different accounts into separate folders. These work well, but it seems TOO well. Occasionally Outlook will tell me that it has spotted ...

SBS2K Exchange 2000 Inbox Question
To All, This past week, all of a sudden, I am getting multiple 10+ employees saying that they are no longer getting emails into their Inbox Realtime... when I asked, what exactly do you mean... they showed me... If they click off their inbox, let's say onto their SavedEmail Folder, and then back to their inbox, anywhere between 1 and 5 emails suddenly appear. It's strange... it's not like their hitting SendOrReceive....their just switching mail folders within outlook. I put this in the Exchange Administration Discussion because it's my belief that since it is suddentl...

'Sent To Mail Recipient as Attachment' Not Working
Config: Windows 2000 Pro Office XP Pro Using 'Sent To Mail Recipient as Attachment' from Word or 'Send Link as Email' from IE are not working. When selecting this option an email will appear with the right attachment. Clicking on the 'Send' button, eventhough it is an active button, produces no results. The email will remain on screen as if 'Send' had never been pressed. Looking in 'Sent Items' verified that the email did not send. There is a workaround to this although annoying. First, save the email. Close out of it. Reopen the email and then ...

Inbox problem #4
Well, the e-mail that wouldn't delete has deleted itself. Must be a gremlin. -- ----------------------------------------------------- Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com ...

Unable to open mail attachment in Outlook 2007
I am unable to open the attachments in my emails. I am using Outlook 2007 When I try to preview I get the following error message: __________________________________________________________________ This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following previewer: Microsoft Office Outlook message and item previewer To open this file in its own program, double-click it. _________________________________________________________ When I double-click nothing happens. Can anyone help? Thank you > I am unable to open the attachments in my emails. I am using Outlook 2007...

mail enabled public folders #6
Hello We have a mail enabled public folder, with SMTP address and no restrictions for delivery or receipt, but does not receive external email. Internal email works fine but when trying to send from an external account the message enever appears and no deleivery failure is returned. I checked or email filtering sofwtareand the address has not been black listed for receipt. What am I missing? Is this directly related to the fact that it is a public folder in eschange? Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark As long as 'anonymous users' have contrib...

Displaying from: in new email messages
I am running Outlook 2000 on my laptop, with new emails creating using Microsoft Word. I have a default address that I often send email from, but sometimes I specifically want to change the sent from address and use a different account. That I know how to do, by changing it in the message under options, but I often forget to do that. Is there a way of displaying the account I am sending the message from while creating the email? Or, can the default account to be used be specified for each contact, rather that globally for all contacts? ...

newbie
Hello, I want to make new classes. Simple form with a button on it and event on the button (without any wizard). Is there any help for that ? Simply - How can I do that ? Thanks :) Ignore, I have already found a solution. Thanks anyway :) ...

Best way to transfer investment port to new broker
Hi- I am switching brokers and I would like to know the best way to mirror this in Money. I will be doing a total transfer - cash, stocks, everything - and would like to keep the purchase price, commissions, dividends, etc. associated with the new account from the old stocks. I don't just want to have to "add shares" to the new account. I was wondering what the best way to achieve this might be. Does money have something built in that can handle this? Thanks for your help in advance! -Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: > >I am switching brokers and I ...

Exchange 2003 server outgoing mail queue clogging DSL Line
Hello everyone - I've searched high and low, and can't seem to find a good solution to this problem: I'm a network administrator and support several small business, many of which are about 20 users. We usually have only one SBS Server. The problem that I have is that once in a while I'll get a user on the network who abuses the system and mass mails people (about 20 at a time for example) an e-mail with a large attachment (Like 10 MB for example). Typically my clients are on a business class DSL line which is 256 Mbps up / 4 Mbps down. When I catch these servers with many m...

loaded new 2003 Outlook lost my 2000 information
I loaded the ms office 2003 and lost my information from my outlook >-----Original Message----- >I loaded the ms office 2003 and lost my information from my outlook >. > Firstly you have to find out whether Ms Office 2003 has over write your old Outlook.pst file. Go to explorer and search for your old Outlook.pst file. If you are using Windows XP, you need to go to Folder options in explorer to check Show hidden files and folders, thereafter use the search function to search for the pst file. Your are in luck if there are a few outlook.pst files found, email me for the ne...

after some time sent mail turns as i symbol mail why?
sent mail turns with i symbol in sent items when i' using outlook. why it is happening so and what does it mean? It means you are tracking that email for voting or other purposes. =20 See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Stalin asked: | sent mail turns with i symbol in sent items when i' using | outlook. why it is happening so and what does it mean? ...

how to create new organization business unit
anyone knows how to create new database/business unit. do i need to reinstall the crm server and select new database. >-----Original Message----- >anyone knows how to create new database/business unit. do >i need to reinstall the crm server and select new database. >. > Do you need a new Business Unit, or do you need to change the Organisation name ? ah..new organization name...like abc company...? may i know what is the difference between organization and business unit? >-----Original Message----- > >>-----Original Message----- >>anyone knows how to...

Migrating exchange 2003 to new server
I'm migrating our exchange 2003 server to a new server. I have been using the move mailbox function. Everything seems to be working fine in our enviromet. But what should I be careful of or do when I am ready to retire the old server after all the mailboxes have been moved. TIA Ariel This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Ariel" <kamayamaya@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132340927.914609.29420@g14g2000cwa.goo...

Sharing an inbox accross XP user accounts
Is there a way to share an inbox and folder system accross windows xp user accounts? (both admins and limited users) Thx, ~Cameron Outlook 2000 SP3 Windows XP SP1 Cameron <o9f3oq74q@yahoo.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to share an inbox and folder system > accross windows xp user accounts? (both admins and > limited users) Provided the PST isn't open simultaneously by more than one user, yes. In an Administrator account, with Outlook closed in all accounts, move the PST you want to the the master PST (usually located in the hidden folder %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings...

Disclaimer Notice
In an Ex2003 organization messaging system is there any way that a Disclaimer Message be set as a part of organization policy. We wish that for every email sent out from our Org a Disclaimer Notice be added to the email automatically. We DO NOT WISH individaul user to be doing this by adding the disclaimer as a part of there signature. You need a 3rd party product for this. -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

New folders in inbox
Hi, I'm getting a message in Outlook 2003, "unable to create folder" whenever I try to create a new folder in or below the inbox. Just suddenly got this. This is at a client. I've checked he is the owner of the mailbox and all related folders, with full permissions. It is a client on Exchange 2003 SP1. Only this one client is affected, all other users on same LAN have no problem. Regards, Brian ...

error 0x8de00006 "The Operation Failed" when trying to send mail
When I try to send an e-mail with a picture, I get the message error 0x8DE00006 "The Operation Failed". I don't have problems with other e-mails or forwarding items Outlook 07 , 98 , 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, ????????????? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "tedo" <tedo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3B0545B-456A-4CED-8635-A973D4DFF4CD@microsoft.com... > When I try to send an e-mail with a picture, I get the message error...

New button on CRM form/page
Hello everyone, We have a client wanting us to add a button to the Account and perhaps Contact forms which will then launch an api or dll (written by a third party). I am new to CRM so am asking as to the feasibility of doing this and perhaps a starting point (e.g. reading material). Also, I understand accessing the CRM SQL tables directly is a MAJOR NO NO. Is there an approved way to DISPLAY ONLY 4-5 fields from say the Contact table in another app? Would a custom buit view be ok? I know there are third party packages like SCRIBE which provide safe ways to the data, but this ...

Why can't i receive e-mails
i just installed Office Pro, I can send e-mails but cannot receive them. Can someone tell me what setting I need to adjust. Thanks Crystal ball foggy. Which email app, and what version. err msgs? Did you previously have email access? How did you set it up - email app? "autorepmike" <autorepmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D5B0FCF-EF39-416C-B11F-EF98D7406E99@microsoft.com... > i just installed Office Pro, I can send e-mails but cannot receive them. Can > someone tell me what setting I need to adjust. > > Thanks ...

Import Old E-mails into CRM
Is there a way to import Outlook e-mails into a CRM lead/opportunity? Select the email in Outlook, click Track in CRM. Then click the Regarding button and select the lead/opportunity. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFC3C9CE-6433-4B59-88A4-A64F7F6B0611@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to import Outlook e-mails into a CRM lead/opportunity? Perfect. But now I accidentally associated an email to the wrong lead/opportunity. How ...

MS Publisher Mail Merge Problems
Hi, See previous post...but am trying to mail merge from an Excel file not an Access file. I have even tried opening a new document (rather than working from the one I've already created) and the software freezes no matter what I do, not letting me go to the "next" step. Use a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file. That will work. In Excel you go to menu FILE > SAVE AS > CSV -- ...

inbox keeps deleting itself
for the past 2 days my outlook express inbox keeps deleting itself and i am losing my inbox messages. does anyone know why this maybe? Outlook Express does not run in Vista. Please clarify. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "pow" <pow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4428B94-1894-4C3C-A784-E05EB8F4BF36@microsoft.com... > for the past 2 days my outlook express inbox keeps deleting itself and i > am > losing my inbox messages. does anyone know why this maybe? ...