No more Tray icon

On a new system, running XP Pro and Office 2003, I have somehow
misconfigured notification: I don't seem to be able to get the mail icon to
behave properly. For years, I have peacefully run with mail notification of
the simple icon in the Tray -- no sound, no preview, no cursor change. Upon
configuring this new Dell, somehow I have broken that. The icon appears for
no reason and stays long after I open a mail item.

- Using the controls in Tools | Options does not fix this

- Making sure that the Mail icon is set to Hide when Inactive in Start Menu
properties does not fix this

Any idea what I did and how I can undo it? If there are known bugs with
this, I simply have never encountered them. Thanks...

Rick A.
Pleasanton CA

0
ricka1 (5)

This may help:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailalert2003.htm

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Rick Altman" wrote:

> On a new system, running XP Pro and Office 2003, I have somehow
> misconfigured notification: I don't seem to be able to get the mail icon to
> behave properly. For years, I have peacefully run with mail notification of
> the simple icon in the Tray -- no sound, no preview, no cursor change. Upon
> configuring this new Dell, somehow I have broken that. The icon appears for
> no reason and stays long after I open a mail item.
>
> - Using the controls in Tools | Options does not fix this
>
> - Making sure that the Mail icon is set to Hide when Inactive in Start Menu
> properties does not fix this
>

> Any idea what I did and how I can undo it? If there are known bugs with
> this, I simply have never encountered them. Thanks...
>

> Rick A.
> Pleasanton CA

0
KOrland1 (1012)

Merge Icon utility GONE from Actions menu Drop Down!
I am trying to merge two accounts but when I click on more actions the Merge Option is not even there.. WTF Any idea's before I start a MS support request.... First, I assume you are NOT trying to do this Off-line with the Outlook Laptop client. Assuming that, perhaps you do not have sufficient permissions to do the merge. Larry "ConSol IT" <ConSolIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C741F5C9-D7C6-48D2-B3EC-3C5FF4221FE7@microsoft.com... >I am trying to merge two accounts but when I click on more actions the >Merge > Option is not even there....

Icon Status, to know replied or not with hotmail
I am using Outlook 2002 with Hotmail behind Http Proxy. I ca send/receive email fine, however, Icons next to senders never change. I mean, if you use other email clients, it show if you replied forwerde etc on icons. I know OE does that with Hotmail. If there's any way to fix this problem, please let me know. Thank You! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How to Minimize on to tray
Hey! Does anyone know if there is a registry fix (like for OutLook 2002) to minimize OutLook 2000 on to the system tray? OR any other way without installing another program to do it. Thanks. Any help 'll be appreciated. no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "Sa...

Pulling from multiple paper trays
Hi all, I'm new to publisher, and I'm trying to figure out how to grab paper from more than one tray. I have about 10 pages, and want some of them printed on normal paper, and some of them printing on some harder card stock. How can I tell publisher which paper to use for which page? I can only seem to set the paper tray for the entire publication. Thanks, Denzil Either create multiple documents, each using a particular tray, or instead of telling it to print all of the pages, print the pages you want for Tray 1 and then run another print batch for Tray 2. -- JoAnn Paules MVP...

Symbols (icons) in Sent folder in Outlook
This may be a very simple-minded question, but I can’t seem to find reference to it anywhere. 1. There is a symbol in the Sent folder, in the “Sort by: Icon” column that looks like an opened envelope with a blue “I” in a circle. What does this icon mean? It seems to appear for some, but not all, mail I’ve sent to people within my organization (on the Outlook system and in the mailbox. In fact, sometimes it will appear for the same person at some times, but not at others. It never appears for people outside of our network. I also noticed that when it appears, the message includes a...

Tray
Hello all Got a Exchange 2003/5.5 mixed mode scenario. A user with a mailbox hosted on an Exchange 2003 server sent out mistakenly a message which then recalled using the Message recall feature. Unfortunately, instead of receiving just one confirmation per user the message recall confirmations received back were duplicated up to 4-5 messages per user. Do you have any idea what could have caused this? Appreciate the help Tray ...

Minimize Outlook to system tray?
Is there some way to setup Outlook 2000 so it will minimize to an icon in the system tray....... near the system clock area? Can this be done from with Outlook itself? Or will I need a 3rd party utility to do that? ...

Icon on the task bar but not on the window?
I tried this with 2 plain MFC wizard apps 1. MDI application -- the icon is displayed on the task bar and on the top left corner of the main Window 2. SDI application -- the icon is displayed on the task bar but not on the top left corner of the Window I am trying to change that icon of the SDI app -- but to no avail. Any help....please... Thanks, Brenda Hi, To change the icon, put the couple of lines into CMainFrame::OnCreate: HICON hIcon = AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_YOURICON); SetIcon(hIcon, 0); -- ====== Arman "Brenda Black" wrote: > I tried this with 2 plai...

icons on bar graphs
Hello Friends Another question for my 7th grader. Is there a way to draw a bar graph using columns of an icon. Example: a vertical stack of 5 little cars to indicate 5,000 cars in town 'A'. TIA Sam Beardsley Hi Sam, Yes you can use a picture fill and set the 'stack to scale' value. Double click the bar in order to display the format dialog box. On the patterns tab press the Fill Effects button in the area frame. Select the Picture tab and then press the Select picture button. Once you have a suitable image set the stack to scale value to 1000. Cheers Andy Sam Beard...

Icon Tray
When you open Outlook 2003 with BCM, it puts the outlook icon in the icon tray (next to the clock). I cannot see any reason you would want the icon in the icon tray when it is open. Why is it there? Is there an option so it does not display in the icon tray? I could not find one. Thanks! Bob Day ...

Icons in MFC
I changed my default icon in mfc and it worked for the 32/32 but the 16/16 icon is showing the default Windows icon (not the mfc). I changed both icons in the icon editor in Visual C++ 6.0. I have had this happen before too. It is the IDR_MAINFRAME icon. Why is this happening? Jack Yeah it due to IDR_MAINFRAME ICON!, either remove the line from your code SetIcon(m_hIcon, FALSE); or replace your MainFrame icon with you icon in res folder! -- ----- cheers, Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "jackie adkins" <jadkins@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:NNZ9e...

Chart icons grayed out
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Starting new Excel for Mac 2008 workpage with column of data; clicking on Gallery to start makeing chart. Toolbar comes up but can not select a chart type (they are grayed out). Why? Where to go from here? ...

Increase rows & columns icons
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I created a customized toolbar that included the increase row &amp; increase column icons. However, these 2 icons remain dimmed on the toolbar &amp; cannot be used. The delete row &amp; column icons work just fine, as does the insert cell icon. Try Control/Right-Click each of the buttons & select Reset Command. If that doesn't resolve it make sure Office is fully updated (11.5.6). Do the same for OS X (10.6.3), repair disk permissions & restart your Mac... It's pointless to chase symptoms if any...

How can I send a click from my program to a system tray icon belongs to different application?
Hello, How can I send a click from my program to a system tray icon belongs to different application? Thank you in advance, David. ...

outlook icon in the tray
Hi everyone, I have just installed outlook 2003 and now have an icon for outlook sitting in my system tray. I really don't like anything in there except for the usual necessities. Does anyone know how to get rid of it. I know it means I can minimise to tray but I always have 2 outlook windows open (one for calendar & 1 for inbox) so I'm very happy to minimise to usual position. Any help will be appreciated. I have seen a reg fix to put it there but its by deleting a file. Cheers. ...

Envelope icon in system tray remains
Recently, I've had a problem with the envelope icon remaining in my system tray after e-mail is opened in Outlook 2000 on XP. If I click on the icon I receive an "Operation failed" error message. I can still view my mail but subsequent start to receive double e-mails. Any ideas as to what may be happening? I have Norton Antivirus 2004 running in the background, but this problem seems more recent. ...

startup tray
I want to remove some stuff in my startup tray area like printer, norton security and the like. I tried msconfig and has a lot of things there that i wasn't sure of so I left it alone. Is there a program that is safe to use where you can get the junk out without causing problems with the system? On Feb 20, 12:05=A0pm, Foubar <Fou...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to remove some stuff in my startup tray area like printer, norton > security and the like. =A0I tried msconfig and has a lot of things there = that i > wasn't sure of so I left it alone...

Reply icon not always working
When looking in the Inbox there is usually a downward angled arrow on the envelope on the left of a message under the Sort by Icon field which indicates that an email has been replied to. I've found that this arrow doesn't always appear on messages that have been replied to. Does anyone have a suggestion on why this might be the case? Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks Lloyd Lloyd: I am running Outlook 2002 and the reply arrows don't show up for me either. I haven't found anything 'obvious' in the options menus' and have asked other user groups t...

high CPU usage on systray icon
I've made a software placed in the systray when reduced. When i put the mouse pointer on his systray icon, the cpu usage rise up to 50%, just placing my mouse over the icon ! here is my src used to detect activity on my systray, what's wrong ? LRESULT CTitreurDlg::WindowProc(UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { // Open window when double click to the Systray Icon if(message == MYWM_NOTIFYICON){ switch (lParam){ // Si on a un click case WM_LBUTTONDOWN: switch (wParam) { // sur l'icone de la systray case IDR_SYSTRAY: // on simule le click s...

Tray Icon
Certain applications, most of them not my own made, display some tray icon on the right side until they shutdown. Until the mouse is passing by, this icon is still "alive". Is there a programmatic way to vanish the icon display automatically? Thanks in advance. Marom On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:44:21 -0800, Marom wrote: >Is there a programmatic way to vanish the icon display automatically? No, because drawing/updating the icon is the responsibility of the app that installed it. If that app dies without removing the icon, Windows doesn't know to remove the icon until it tri...

Hello all, first of all, this is VC++ ~ Matlab interface doubt. Iam trying to change the icon of the Matlab figure Window using windows dll. For this I am trying to load the icon from the resource.But it is failing. Am getting hicon as null. I tested the code with independed WIN32 app , it is fine. Source code is attached. #include <windows.h> #include <string.h> #include <shellapi.h> #include "mex.h" #include "resource.h" void mexFunction(int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { HWND hwnd; HICON hicon; char *wind; int len;...

changing specific excel file icon
Hi all, Is that possible to change excel icon for a specific file.Any help will be greatly apreciated.Thanks Baha Hi in your Windows Explorer: - create a shortcut to your Excel file (*.lnk file) - right-click on this shortcut and choose 'Properties' - In the middle tab (Windows 2000) choose 'change symbol' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "baha" <bahadirakcan@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:f753a5c4.0408181002.1c94d3da@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > Is that possible to change excel icon for a specific file.Any help > will be great...

Extra Icon and In System Tray
I have an extra icon in the system tray, next to my Outlook 2003 Icon. Says I have mail, however, I don't have any unread mail. How can I get rid of this icon? JCO, you wrote on Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:20:29 GMT: > I have an extra icon in the system tray, next to my Outlook 2003 Icon. Says > I have mail, however, I don't have any unread mail. How can I get rid of > this icon? Close Outlook and restart it. The icon sould now disappear. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Tried that several times before sending the post. However, rebooting seems to have done the trick. ...

No more Tray icon
On a new system, running XP Pro and Office 2003, I have somehow misconfigured notification: I don't seem to be able to get the mail icon to behave properly. For years, I have peacefully run with mail notification of the simple icon in the Tray -- no sound, no preview, no cursor change. Upon configuring this new Dell, somehow I have broken that. The icon appears for no reason and stays long after I open a mail item. - Using the controls in Tools | Options does not fix this - Making sure that the Mail icon is set to Hide when Inactive in Start Menu properties does not fix this Any...

Windows Icons
Hello all, I see many apps using icons in the SHELL32.dll library. Can I use some of the icons in this dll in my own (non profit) application ? Thank you ...