No Fix as yet to password problem in outlook 2003

I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has come
up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying that they
are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to do. Now, as you
know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and still have had no
joy, so what do I do?

Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would reset
everything or is it more complicated?

I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open my
outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and password to
be saved (before it starts a send and receive).

Now I have had Doug Knox's fix (Kindly sent in by Carey Frisch) and a lot of
other help, but nothing seems to work. I go to the protected Storage system
provider (save to desktop)>> PSSP (check that I have full control set under
permissions) Try to delete subkey (Error deleting subkey message)

Alternative :- do all of the above except where it says replace permission
entries on all child objects (under the advanced button of Permissions)
place a check. This allows me to then delete the Key. Only problem is, when
I then create a new profile and fire up Outlook , I get the same problem and
the subkey has been reinstalled in the registry.

This is driving me nuts. Can anyone talk me through this step by step
because the MS KB article doesn't help me. What else can I do? Would a
complete uninstall/reinstall help?

0
noanswer (88)

Have you tried creating a new user id on Win2k/XP?  I'm wondering if you
have minor registry corruption in the HKCU hive and this is why the
protected storage system provider registry attempt is failing.

"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has come
>up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying that they
>are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to do. Now, as you
>know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and still have had no
>joy, so what do I do?
>
> Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would reset
> everything or is it more complicated?
>
> I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open my
> outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and password
> be saved (before it starts a send and receive).
>
> Now I have had Doug Knox's fix (Kindly sent in by Carey Frisch) and a lot
> of
> other help, but nothing seems to work. I go to the protected Storage
> system
> provider (save to desktop)>> PSSP (check that I have full control set
> under
> permissions) Try to delete subkey (Error deleting subkey message)
>
> Alternative :- do all of the above except where it says replace permission
> entries on all child objects (under the advanced button of Permissions)
> place a check. This allows me to then delete the Key. Only problem is,
> when
> I then create a new profile and fire up Outlook , I get the same problem
> and
> the subkey has been reinstalled in the registry.
>
> This is driving me nuts. Can anyone talk me through this step by step
> because the MS KB article doesn't help me. What else can I do? Would a
> complete uninstall/reinstall help?

0
neo7948 (622)
10/2/2004 12:48:12 PM
Hi Neo
If I create a single user account profile everything works ok. If I create a
profile that has two accounts in it then the problem starts. I have two mail
accounts, one for personal mail and one for business, I used to be able to
set them in one profile and send and receive simultaneously, I cannot now do
this so I have had to set up two single profiles.
"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> Have you tried creating a new user id on Win2k/XP?  I'm wondering if you
> have minor registry corruption in the HKCU hive and this is why the
> protected storage system provider registry attempt is failing.
>
> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has come
>>up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying that they
>>are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to do. Now, as
>>you know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and still have had
>>no joy, so what do I do?
>>
>> Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would reset
>> everything or is it more complicated?
>>
>> I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open my
>> outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and password
>> be saved (before it starts a send and receive).
>>
>> Now I have had Doug Knox's fix (Kindly sent in by Carey Frisch) and a lot
>> of
>> other help, but nothing seems to work. I go to the protected Storage
>> system
>> provider (save to desktop)>> PSSP (check that I have full control set
>> under
>> permissions) Try to delete subkey (Error deleting subkey message)
>>
>> Alternative :- do all of the above except where it says replace
>> permission
>> entries on all child objects (under the advanced button of Permissions)
>> place a check. This allows me to then delete the Key. Only problem is,
>> when
>> I then create a new profile and fire up Outlook , I get the same problem
>> and
>> the subkey has been reinstalled in the registry.
>>
>> This is driving me nuts. Can anyone talk me through this step by step
>> because the MS KB article doesn't help me. What else can I do? Would a
>> complete uninstall/reinstall help?

0
noanswer (88)
10/2/2004 4:03:28 PM
What kind of accounts? Do they both point to the same server?  Use the same
account properties?

> Hi Neo
> If I create a single user account profile everything works ok. If I create
> a profile that has two accounts in it then the problem starts. I have two
> mail accounts, one for personal mail and one for business, I used to be
> able to set them in one profile and send and receive simultaneously, I
> cannot now do this so I have had to set up two single profiles.
> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Have you tried creating a new user id on Win2k/XP?  I'm wondering if you
>> have minor registry corruption in the HKCU hive and this is why the
>> protected storage system provider registry attempt is failing.
>>
>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has
>>>come up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying that
>>>they are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to do. Now,
>>>as you know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and still have
>>>had no joy, so what do I do?
>>>
>>> Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would reset
>>> everything or is it more complicated?
>>>
>>> I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open my
>>> outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and password
>>> be saved (before it starts a send and receive).
>>>
>>> Now I have had Doug Knox's fix (Kindly sent in by Carey Frisch) and a
>>> lot of
>>> other help, but nothing seems to work. I go to the protected Storage
>>> system
>>> provider (save to desktop)>> PSSP (check that I have full control set
>>> under
>>> permissions) Try to delete subkey (Error deleting subkey message)
>>>
>>> Alternative :- do all of the above except where it says replace
>>> permission
>>> entries on all child objects (under the advanced button of Permissions)
>>> place a check. This allows me to then delete the Key. Only problem is,
>>> when
>>> I then create a new profile and fire up Outlook , I get the same problem
>>> and
>>> the subkey has been reinstalled in the registry.
>>>
>>> This is driving me nuts. Can anyone talk me through this step by step
>>> because the MS KB article doesn't help me. What else can I do? Would a
>>> complete uninstall/reinstall help?

0
neo7948 (622)
10/2/2004 4:14:28 PM
My isp is Tiscali.co.uk

One account is xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk and the other is xxxxx@oneandone.co.uk
Yahoo setup is pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk and smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk and this
server requires authentication on the smtp server

and oneandone setup is pop.oneandone.co.uk and auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk
again requiring authentication.

Both of these work individually but not together
> What kind of accounts? Do they both point to the same server?  Use the
> same account properties?
>
> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Neo
>> If I create a single user account profile everything works ok. If I
>> create a profile that has two accounts in it then the problem starts. I
>> have two mail accounts, one for personal mail and one for business, I
>> used to be able to set them in one profile and send and receive
>> simultaneously, I cannot now do this so I have had to set up two single
>> profiles.
>> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Have you tried creating a new user id on Win2k/XP?  I'm wondering if you
>>> have minor registry corruption in the HKCU hive and this is why the
>>> protected storage system provider registry attempt is failing.
>>>
>>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
noanswer (88)
10/2/2004 5:01:21 PM
Hmm... I'm having a hard time duplicating this.  Do you have any
spam/antivirus software installed that acts as a proxy between the mail
client and the server?

> My isp is Tiscali.co.uk
>
> One account is xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk and the other is xxxxx@oneandone.co.uk
> Yahoo setup is pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk and smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk and this
> server requires authentication on the smtp server
>
> and oneandone setup is pop.oneandone.co.uk and auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk
> again requiring authentication.
>
> Both of these work individually but not together
> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> What kind of accounts? Do they both point to the same server?  Use the
>> same account properties?
>>
>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Neo
>>> If I create a single user account profile everything works ok. If I
>>> create a profile that has two accounts in it then the problem starts. I
>>> have two mail accounts, one for personal mail and one for business, I
>>> used to be able to set them in one profile and send and receive
>>> simultaneously, I cannot now do this so I have had to set up two single
>>> profiles.
>>> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message

0
neo7948 (622)
10/4/2004 1:17:17 AM
Hi Neo,
I am not quite sure what you mean but I do have antivirus running which does
scan my mail. It is called Panda titanium.
I have also noticed that the time Outlook is taking to receive my mail is
getting slower. It sort of hangs at around 50% then waits for several
seconds and then downloads a very small mail. Something is wrong that is for
sure but I cannot locate the problem. My mail used to zip along, press
send/receive and mail from both accounts was there.
> Hmm... I'm having a hard time duplicating this.  Do you have any
> spam/antivirus software installed that acts as a proxy between the mail
> client and the server?
>
> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> My isp is Tiscali.co.uk
>>
>> One account is xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk and the other is xxxxx@oneandone.co.uk
>> Yahoo setup is pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk and smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk and this
>> server requires authentication on the smtp server
>>
>> and oneandone setup is pop.oneandone.co.uk and auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk
>> again requiring authentication.
>>
>> Both of these work individually but not together
>> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> What kind of accounts? Do they both point to the same server?  Use the
>>> same account properties?
>>>
>>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
noanswer (88)
10/4/2004 6:31:36 AM
If Panda is acting as a proxy between Outlook and the mail server, the
server names in your mail account properties generally get changed to
localhost.  There are some race conditions and known issues about Outlook
behaving badly with any antivirus, antispam, .etc software that can scan
pop3/smtp in realtime.  The best suggestion is to remove/disable this
integration.  Is this enough to give the password saving issue a problem,
unknown.

/neo

ps - Windows XP (SP2) also makes changes on how localhost works.

> Hi Neo,
> I am not quite sure what you mean but I do have antivirus running which
> does scan my mail. It is called Panda titanium.
> I have also noticed that the time Outlook is taking to receive my mail is
> getting slower. It sort of hangs at around 50% then waits for several
> seconds and then downloads a very small mail. Something is wrong that is
> for sure but I cannot locate the problem. My mail used to zip along, press
> send/receive and mail from both accounts was there.
> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hmm... I'm having a hard time duplicating this.  Do you have any
>> spam/antivirus software installed that acts as a proxy between the mail
>> client and the server?
>>
>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> My isp is Tiscali.co.uk
>>>
>>> One account is xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk and the other is xxxxx@oneandone.co.uk
>>> Yahoo setup is pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk and smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk and this
>>> server requires authentication on the smtp server
>>>
>>> and oneandone setup is pop.oneandone.co.uk and auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk
>>> again requiring authentication.
>>>
>>> Both of these work individually but not together
>>> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message

0
neo7948 (622)
10/4/2004 11:41:04 AM

> I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has
> come up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying
> that they are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to
> do. Now, as you know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and
> still have had no joy, so what do I do?
>
> Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would
> reset everything or is it more complicated?
>
> I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open
> my outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and
> password to be saved (before it starts a send and receive).
>
> Now I have had Doug Knox's fix (Kindly sent in by Carey Frisch) and a
> lot of other help, but nothing seems to work. I go to the protected
> Storage system provider (save to desktop)>> PSSP (check that I have
> full control set under permissions) Try to delete subkey (Error
> deleting subkey message)
>
> Alternative :- do all of the above except where it says replace
> permission entries on all child objects (under the advanced button of
> Permissions) place a check. This allows me to then delete the Key.
> Only problem is, when I then create a new profile and fire up Outlook
> , I get the same problem and the subkey has been reinstalled in the
> registry.
>
> This is driving me nuts. Can anyone talk me through this step by step
> because the MS KB article doesn't help me. What else can I do? Would a
> complete uninstall/reinstall help?

Hi Guys,

I am having same symptoms but I think it may be a diff cause.

Recently bought new Toshiba notebook. Installed Office/Outlook 2002.
Outlook mail worked perfectly.

Called Toshiba Tech support and got help disabling many "Services".

Also, the only other thing I did was install a registry cleaner and ran
it and it deleted a lot of registry entries that it reported were
unnecessary (stored them in a "backup" file).

Now email (POP) and I have a single account, every time I hit
"send/receive" button I have to enter password. If I check the "save
password" checkbox, makes no difference. Next session with Outlook I get
same popup.

Now here is the crazy part. I ALSO ran the regcleaner utility on a
friends Tochiba notebook, and I disabled same services, before I
discovered that I had this problem. Now my friend is calling me saying
"what did you do to Outlook?!" Same popup on HIS machine requires
entering password for every session!

Isn't there a Microsoft connected authority in this group who can help us
with this problem?

Thanks for listening...

H.
Did you stop/disable the protected storage service?  This service must be
running if the end user needs to store passwords on the system.  As for the
reg cleaner, I believe Microsoft recommends that it not be used under
Windows 2000/XP as it removed things it shouldn't.  So my suggestion to you
is to undo the things you did and see if the functionality comes back.  When
it does, try one change at a time until you find the culprit and then ask,
what does this change to and do I really need to do this change. ;)

"--------------------" <--------------------@hisplace.com> wrote in message
> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has
>> come up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying
>> that they are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to
>> do. Now, as you know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and
>> still have had no joy, so what do I do?
>>
>> Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would
>> reset everything or is it more complicated?
>>
>> I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open
>> my outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and
>> password to be saved (before it starts a send and receive).
>>
>> Now I have had Doug Knox's fix (Kindly sent in by Carey Frisch) and a
>> lot of other help, but nothing seems to work. I go to the protected
>> Storage system provider (save to desktop)>> PSSP (check that I have
>> full control set under permissions) Try to delete subkey (Error
>> deleting subkey message)
>>
>> Alternative :- do all of the above except where it says replace
>> permission entries on all child objects (under the advanced button of
>> Permissions) place a check. This allows me to then delete the Key.
>> Only problem is, when I then create a new profile and fire up Outlook
>> , I get the same problem and the subkey has been reinstalled in the
>> registry.
>>
>> This is driving me nuts. Can anyone talk me through this step by step
>> because the MS KB article doesn't help me. What else can I do? Would a
>> complete uninstall/reinstall help?
>>

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am having same symptoms but I think it may be a diff cause.
>
> Recently bought new Toshiba notebook. Installed Office/Outlook 2002.
> Outlook mail worked perfectly.
>
> Called Toshiba Tech support and got help disabling many "Services".
>
> Also, the only other thing I did was install a registry cleaner and ran
> it and it deleted a lot of registry entries that it reported were
> unnecessary (stored them in a "backup" file).
>
> Now email (POP) and I have a single account, every time I hit
> "send/receive" button I have to enter password. If I check the "save
> password" checkbox, makes no difference. Next session with Outlook I get
> same popup.
>
> Now here is the crazy part. I ALSO ran the regcleaner utility on a
> friends Tochiba notebook, and I disabled same services, before I
> discovered that I had this problem. Now my friend is calling me saying
> "what did you do to Outlook?!" Same popup on HIS machine requires
> entering password for every session!
>
> Isn't there a Microsoft connected authority in this group who can help us
> with this problem?
>
> Thanks for listening...
>
> H.

0
neo7948 (622)
10/10/2004 1:51:52 PM
I HAD this same problem, although a slightly different environment.  My email
is with Verizon.  I have two email addresses under one user account; one at
xxx.yyy@verizon.net; the other at yyy.xxx@verizon.net.  This is kind of like
a parent-child relationship in their world.  Both email addresses use the
same user account  (xyxyxy@verizon.net) and the same incoming and outgoing
server inf.  In Outlook 2000 I had two email accounts configured; both used
the same settings for incoming and outgoing server and email account, the
only difference was the email address.  This may have been wrong, but it
worked.  Receiving on one only received mail sent to that specific address.
Receiving on the other did the same.

It seems with Outlook 2002 that had to be changed.  Once I deleted the
second email account from Outlook, the enter password dialog stopped
appearing.  Doing a Receive from that one account downloads email sent to
both addresses.  That makes sense now.  I wonder why it didn't work this way
in Outlook 2000?  Anyway, I'm not questioning anymore.  It's working. ;-)

I suppose this won't help people who have two email accounts with different
POP settings.

How

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Called Toshiba Tech support and got help disabling many "Services".
> >
> > Also, the only other thing I did was install a registry cleaner and ran
> > it and it deleted a lot of registry entries that it reported were
> > unnecessary (stored them in a "backup" file).
> >
> > Now email (POP) and I have a single account, every time I hit
> > "send/receive" button I have to enter password. If I check the "save
> > password" checkbox, makes no difference. Next session with Outlook I get
> > same popup.
> >
> > Now here is the crazy part. I ALSO ran the regcleaner utility on a
> > friends Tochiba notebook, and I disabled same services, before I
> > discovered that I had this problem. Now my friend is calling me saying
> > "what did you do to Outlook?!" Same popup on HIS machine requires
> > entering password for every session!
> >
> > Isn't there a Microsoft connected authority in this group who can help us

OWA 2003 redirect
After following the KB article number 555053, the redirect from /exchange works, but the port 80 redirect to 443 (SSL) does not. If we enter the server name with the https:// it works beautifully. When we enter in the http:// we get the following error: The page cannot be saved There is a problem saving the page to the Web site. This error can occur if you attempt to upload a file or modify a file in a directory that does not allow Wirte access. HTTP Error 403.3 - Forbidden: Write access is denied. Internet Information Services (IIS) The Windows 2003 server is installed with SP1 an...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Problem with updating links in Excel 2003
Five spreadsheets, collective size around 150 MB. Knee deep in formulas, functions and figures. All five workbooks are linked to each other, thus it is necessary to open them all at one time. Unfortunately, this isn’t possible. Each time the fifth sheet is opened, you receive the following error: "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other apps." ...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

MFC Container to MFC ActiveX Control problems.
Hello, I'm creating an MFC custom control using VC 6.0 called TestCtrl. This control uses a modifed Circ3 custom control. In the Circ3 control I subclassed the WM_CREATE message and create a child window in the OnCreate message handler. When I add the Circ3 control to the About dialog of my TestCtrl, the Circ3 OnCreate message is never called. If I add my modifed Circ3 control to a VB container, OnCreate gets called. What am I missing? Also, I would like to be able to create my Circ3 control at runtime. This is about as far as I got: Into the stdafx.h file I added: #pragma warning(p...

Import from .xls too Outlook 2003
I have a list of contacts in Excel 2003 and import them into Outlook 2003. The list consists of names, telephone numbers, mobile numbers and email addresses. But in Outlook only displays the last 3 digits of phone numbers. I have tried all kinds of formatting cells in Excel, I have also tried to save the sheet. Txt,. Csv etc. but nothing help. It works seamlessly with Office and Outlook 2007 #1 -When you saved the worksheet as a .CSV file - what was the actual contents of the phone number fields that are only displaying the last three digits of the phone number? (specifically -...

outlook attachment problem #3
Dear all, Our company had upgraded to Win server 08 & exchange 07 last year. Some of the Outlook user have the attachment problem, many file is pdf & xls. Some of the pdf and xls file is OK and some have the problem. We try to open it directly in the email, the pdf file is damage & the xls file is blank sheet. We save the file on desktop first and then open, same problem and it show the file size is 0 kb. We also try to open in outlook web access, it can open directly and no problem. This problem also occur on outlook 03 pc and outlook 07, but some of the pc using outlook 03 ...

Money Password #3
I have Money 03 on my WinXP at my summer home and Money 01 Win98 at my winter location. Now when i try to open my 2004 data file from my portable hard drive, it will not accept the password that i have always used. Is it because it is a different OS or version of Money? Can i solve it? Money files are not backward compatible. This message is the (stupid) way Money tries to tell you this. "Dick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0201c3dc55$91f48d40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have Money 03 on my WinXP at my summer home and Money 01 > Win98 at ...

OWA...change password....work around for SSL....EXCHANGE 2000
Hi OWA in Exchange 2000 has been configured. For the change password option an SSL certificate is required. The problem is that we already have ONE SSL certificate and the company cant afford to but another one at the moment for various reasons. I want to set up a work around such that when the user clicks 'CHANGE PASSWORD' it goes to another link than the default one which should be lets say 'http://www.company.com/changepassword'. This website has SSL implemented hence we could use our 'change password' option. Is that possible? How do i go about it? If not possi...

Problem with LoadFromResource...please help
Dear All, I have a piece of code that loads an html page (using LoadFromResource) on to the dialog as a GUI. Every time after the user does something then a different html page will be loaded. After I ran my code for a few thousand transactions then I see a big increase in the memory size of my application. I used Rational Purify and it said that mshtml.dll is leaking memory. MLK: Memory leak of 10240 bytes from 5 blocks allocated in mshtml.dll Distribution of leaked blocks 10240 bytes from 5 blocks of 2048 bytes (first block: 0x09f493d8) Alloc...

How do I re-direct my current e-mail address through outlook???
I cannot send or receive any e-mails using outlook. I have set up my account but it still won't send or receive e-mails. Hello TomLock, you wrote on Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:16:56 -0700: > I cannot send or receive any e-mails using outlook. I have set up my account > but it still won't send or receive e-mails. Do you receive any error messages? -- Best Regards Christian Goeller ...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

Outlook is very slow to open since new router installed
We are running Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server, since we had a Netgear Firewall & Surecom Ethernet installed Outlook is exceedingly slow to open. It can take as long as 4 - 5 minutes for some users to open their Outlook. Any clues? We have approx 13 PC's connnected to the server. I (personally) have noticed no difference but our other users have. tia Check your hardware configurations as if this was working before and the only change was hardware, 99.9% sure it is a hardware problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intac...

Multiple Outlook Problems
I am running Office XP. Recently I have been unable to open links in e-mail messages unless IE is already open. It tries to link, shows hourglass, but then goes back top teh email message. If IE is open, it works fine. Sometimes even have trouple opening Excel attachments unless Excel is already open. Tried fixing by using "detect and repair" in the Help menu. Now whenever I try to open Outlook I get four error messages in succession. Each referrs to an add-in that is missing or defective. The messaages are long but end as follows: ....\addins\msspc.ecf .....

Odd e-mail duplication problem

outlook express error (KB Article
hi, any can help? i follow the instruction to rename the folders.dbx to folders.old but all my contents in 'inbox' and 'sent items' disappeared. any way to retrive back? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.out...

Read-only problems
When I down load pictures from the card into a publisher file, some of the pictures are "read-only". It will not allow me to do anything with them because "access is denied". How do I remove the "read-only"? -- Thank you, Bonnie When you say card, do you mean removable media? Copy the image to your hard drive, right-click, properties, uncheck read only. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bonnie" <Bonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BA840F5-14C7-4C...

Change Password from RPC/HTTP(s) Connection in Outlook
I have a ton of clients which I have setup to use an RPC proxy in Outlook 2003 so that they can use Outlook and not OWA, from outside of the local network. One thing I find now that is becoming an issue is that there is no real good way for a user who is never physically plugged into our network, to change his/her password. OWA is able to do this, and on the fly I set that up, which is super ugly though. This got me thinking to ask, if anyone knows of a way for users to update their passwords with the Outlook client. Seems that Microsoft seriously overlooked this in their design of Outlook...

OWA Change password problem!
Hi All I have Exchange 2003 SP1 running on W2K Advanced server with SP4. Whenever I try to change my password through OWA I get a 404 error page. Can someone help me with this?? Thanks in advance Saleh Ghaleb ...

Money 2006 Capital Gain Problem
My daughter invest $50 per month in a mutual fund. In 2006, she sold some shares. She has entered all the transaction in Money 2006. She tried to create capital gain report for tax but the entries in capital gain does not match the one in transaction report. For example in transaction she has: Date: 3/1/2002 Quantity: 6.281 Price: 7.96 Total: 50.00 But in capital gain she has: Quantity: 6.281 Date Bought: 3/1/2002 Date Sold: 4/4/2006 Sale Proceed: 59.61 Purchase cost: 46.39 Everything is fine except purchase cost should be $50 and not $46.39. Purchase cost supposed to be fixed for al...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

removing multiple attachments
it seems I can't remove more than 1 attachment at a time from an e-mail. I have to right click on each one, hit remove then go to the next attachment. If I select multiple attachments, the remove, delete, cut options are grayed out and the delete key won't work. Any ideas? thanks, Larry ...

Format- problems
I have a query with the following : Format(tblAvvikelser.regDate,"yyyy/mm"). If I put in 2010-05-27 (swedish date format), it should return 2010-05. On some clients it works fine but in others I receive an error, telling me that the format can not be solved. Why??? Copied form a post I saw about 1 month ago: Access will struggle to interpret a date. The text string "3/10/2010" will be interpreted as March 10 (even if the user intended it to be 3 October), but it will give a JDate value. "4/30/2010" will similarly be April 30 (and it won't try i...

Automatic Attachment for Outlook
I was wondering if there is a way to add a automatic attachmnet of a text file to Outook, We use Outlook 2003 and Small Business server 2000, basically my client wants to add his company's disclaimer as a text attachment to all outgoing emails, they don't want to add the disclaimer to their email's signature- I have searched the group but did not find any solid solution thanks in advance See if any of the tools here help: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm <simonie@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:1144718699.558653.154280@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com....

Plugin problem
Hi all, I have plugin registered for Quote products update. Now I want to trigger plugin when my total sales price of quote product changes. I am not able to find from where total sale price is being changed but its changing when i save the quoteproduct from but plugin is not triggered although i selected attribute as total sale price and post and pre satages. I have seen both onload and onsave methods of form but it was not updated from there. Any body has an idea on this please help me out. Regards, MKR ...