nk2 file

I am using enterprise Outlook 2002 and when I close
Outlook the nk2 file gets emptied i.e. it loses all the
cached values. When I reopen Outlook no names of people
previously sent to are suggested. The Suggest names option
is checked, and I have tried deleting the nk2 file. ANy
suggestions?
0
anonymous (74722)

can i open *.nk2 files?
can i open *.nk2 file and get all of the addresses that I have sent to in the past? See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Dan" <scharenbergdan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:035001c36103$f0386610$a301280a@phx.gbl... > can i open *.nk2 file and get all of the addresses that I > have sent to in the past? ...

Reading Files from Temporary Internet Files
Hi i want to know how i can read a file from the "Temporary Internet Files" folder. -- THE BAT thanks solved -- THE BAT "THE BAT" <Ahmedy2k@link.net> wrote in message news:%23NryOSDBGHA.272@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > i want to know how i can read a file from the "Temporary Internet Files" > folder. > > -- > THE BAT > ...

pst files #18
I'm getting ready to move my Outlook data to a new computer. I see two pst files in the Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder: Outlook.pst 1.6GB modified today Personal Folders.pst 265KB modified a month ago If Outlook.pst includes the data in Personal Folders.pst, I do not want to move the redundant file. How can I see what's in the smaller pst file? "Bob" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:443au4pjeagdhkt78ukli9kpvcvc66r9l5@4ax.com... > I'm getting ready to move my Outlook data to a new computer. I see > two pst files in...

Outlook autocomplete nk2 file
We found a utility (at long last) that allows us to sort, edit and validate (where possible) all addresses in the file. It's simple, cheap and finally allows us to get rid of unwanted entries on a wholesale level ! You can find it at download.com.com or www.dcs- imaging.com/products.htm Good luck. let me know if this works! >-----Original Message----- >We found a utility (at long last) that allows us to sort, >edit and validate (where possible) all addresses in the >file. It's simple, cheap and finally allows us to get >rid of unwanted entries on a wholesal...

Changing a file name #2
Say I want to change the name of a certain file at run-time, how do I do this (and delete the original file)? Can I do this using MFC? You could use the MoveFile() API or the CRT rename() function (which calls MoveFile() internally). Since you're just renaming the file there's no original file to delete. Mark "hamishd" wrote: > Say I want to change the name of a certain file at run-time, how do I > do this (and delete the original file)? > > Can I do this using MFC? > > ...

Cannot open PDF file that is attached to digitally signed xls file as an object
Hello, I have some payment approval request xls file. In this document, there is a PDF file attached as object (invoice). As long as this document is not digitally signed, I can open the attached PDF file by clicking on its icon or first page preview. However, when first person sign this document, I am no longer able to open it I can only see the icon (or preview). I don't understand why. I just want to read what is in this PDF document, not change its content so it should not have any influence to digital signature. I tried the same in DOC - I attached PDF file as object to wor...

Deliver new email to pst file
If I change the location new email is delivered to by following the instructions below, will this work if outlook is closed? On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next. In the Deliver new e-mail to the following location list, select where you want to the new messages delivered. Click Finish. Yes, the new mail will be delivered to the location you specify the next = time Outlook is opened and polls for mail. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited ma...

File menu
I dragged and dropped the system "File" menu and it disappeared. Please tell me how I can get it back. I've tried reinstalling and repairing to default but neither worked. Thank you very much! It worked! >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >Try View, toolbars, customise, select >worksheet menu bar >and then click reset button. > >HTH > >Ken > > >. > Hi Try View, toolbars, customise, select worksheet menu bar and then click reset button. HTH Ken ...

OWA File Attachments Exchange 2003
My Exchange Information Store" dismont when I attach an archive in owa. I have unistalled all antivirus and antispyware software and the problem persists. No problems in Exchange Stores nor free space. No problems when using Outlook/Outlook Express clients. Only with owa. Any ideas? "Alberto" <Alberto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My Exchange Information Store" dismont when I attach an archive in >owa. >I have unistalled all antivirus and antispyware software and the problem >persists. >No problems in Exchange Stores nor free space. >No ...

No NK2 file?
Outlook 2003 won't create an NK2 file with the frequently used e-mail addresses. No suggestions are made as I type in the address. I have Automatic Name Checking and Suggest Names checked. I tried populating the NK2 file this way: I disconnected my computer from the internet. I opened a new message. In the To: field I entered ALL of the e-mail addresses I frequently use. I click send. I delete the message from the Outbox and reconnect myself to the internet. Now when I open a new message and begin entering and e-mail address suggestions come up as I type. BUT as soon as I cl...

Recreate a new PST file
Hi folks, A friend of mine seems to have a corrupted Outlook setup. His 500Mb or so PST file appears twice on the left-hand pane, and when he tries to view properties on either of them he gets an error. I've verified for sure that only one PST file physically exists on the PC. This also causes problems with his address book, and he gets an error when he tries to access it. Although he can cancel this and then it works. I've tried moving the PST file, but when Outlook starts it cannot find it (of course) and exits. It doesn't give the option to create a new PST file. I was ...

Sending file as an attachment
Excel has a function to send the file as and attachment and it will automatically bring up a new email message with the file attached. I have one computer on the network here that seems to have everything set up just fine, but when trying that function in excel, instead of bringing up a new email message, it goes to the internet connection wizare and wants to set up an email account?????? Hi Lbeck Close Excel Excel use the mail program that is in Internet options(Programs tab) on the control panel Try again -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl ...

MRMS 2.0
Hi Mates, I am using MRMS 2.0 and my log files size is multiplying very fast. Tried doing the database shrinking and making the recovery mode to simple. Still the log files size is mulitplying. Is there any fix for this from microsoft. Thanks in Advance RK 1) With both the original .MDF and .LDF files located where they supposed to be, run RMS Admin and select the database you want to shrink. 2) Issue this query to find the log device name: SELECT FILE_NAME(2). This will return the name of your log device (in our case, we called the database SS1 and the log device name is Store1...

Hundreds of log files!!!
Hello I've finnally managed to set up my first exchange 2003 server. But now I have a problem: something is generating log text files by the dozen! It appears to be one per message, althought I haven't been able to confirm this. In one night I got 1.5 GB of logs... How do I stop this? Any help appreciated They sound like your transaction log files. The correct way to purge them is to perform a full online backup of Exchange using an Exchange-aware backup program; the backup will then purge the committed log files. Certainly, it is not recommended to manually remove them. -...

.msg file
Someone sent me a distribution list as a .msg file but I have no idea how to get it into my contacts. Any help would be appreciated. Never mind. I didn't think about just dragging them. Too simple. Jerry <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Someone sent me a distribution list as a .msg file but I have no idea > how to get it into my contacts. Any help would be appreciated. Try dragging the .msg file to your contacts folder. -- Brian Tillman ...

How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file?
How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file? I want to combine all data into one file under word. Hi the easiest way would be copy and paste? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel to Word transfer" <Excel to Word transfer@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:78E2302D-3EC5-4B69-8DEF-524411297288@microsoft.com... > How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file? I want to > combine all data into one file under word. ...

OE DBX files
I received some DBX files that I need to get into Outlook 2000. How can I convert these DBX files so I can get them into Outlook 2000? Thank you in advance. Open them in Outlook Express and then use Outlook to import them. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Judd asked: | I received some DBX files that I need to get into Outlook | 2000. How can I conv...

Microsoft Word Error when attaching .doc files to web based email
I'm not sure when this started, I think when I installed Microsoft Sec. Essentials. But for a bit of background I'm running Windows 7 -64 bit with Office 2007 Enterprise. Anyways whenever I use hotmail or netaddress (my 2 web based email accounts) and I attach a file I get two popup errors. "You cannot close Microsoft Office Word because a dialog box is open. Click OK, switch to Word, and then close the dialog box. The next one says Word has encountered a problem. If I click on help it says, There is a problem saving the file. Then talks about not enough...

Specific file path in ODBC connection string
Does anybody know if it is possible to specify a specific file path for a .DBF database file in an ODBC connection string used in the CDatabase or CRecordset classes? I mean something that would override the default path for the ODBC Data Source like CString MyRecordset::GetDefaultConnect() { return _T ("ODBC;DSN=MyDataBase;Path=..\\Data\\[MyData]"); } - or - CRecordset rec; rec.open (CRecordset::snapshot, "Path=..\\Data\\[MyData]", CRecordset::readOnly); ....? You can if you use the Jet engine. Use CDaoRecordset instead of CRecordset Ali R. "Doug Dean&...

Data file not closed properly?
Frequently, although not every day, when I boot up and open Outlook 2003 (SP1), I get a brief message which reads "The data file "MAIN" was not closed properly". It then runs a quick check, a progress bar zips by, and then my "Main" Outlook .pst file opens. The thing is, I close Outlook the same way every night before shutting down, and cannot figure out why it thinks there's a problem. There hasn't been a problem with my data. BTW, this behavior began - albeit intermittently - after installing Windows XP Pro SP2. Could that have something to do...

How can I convert an Excel file to an Adobe .pdf file by using Ex.
In the past, I have been able to convert an Excel spreadsheet directly to an Adobe .pdf file. I now have Excel 2003 and I cannot find the function to convert to .pdf anywhere. Am I missing something or is it no longer part of Excel? pammoore2000 wrote: > In the past, I have been able to convert an Excel spreadsheet directly to an > Adobe .pdf file. I now have Excel 2003 and I cannot find the function to > convert to .pdf anywhere. Am I missing something or is it no longer part of > Excel? It never was part of Excel. You must have had a third-party application or add-in...

Where are Outlook files kept?
I want to transfer my Outlook files and folders from my current HD to my new one. I'll do this by burning CD-R discs and after installing the new HD, copying them to the new drive. I can't find any folders called "Mail", "Inbox", or any of the folders I created in Outlook by searching My Computer. Dell Inspiron 600m; Win XP; Outlook 5? (Details discloses that Outlook is version "10.0.4510.0"). Thanks, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net Thi...

Write File with unsigned char*
Hello, I writing a soap-client, which receives base64-files. I have got the size of the received file and an unsigned char-pointer to this file. How can I save it? CFile::Write does not work with unsigned char*. Any ideas? Sven "Sven Eichenm�ller" <sven@eichenmueller.de> wrote in message news:fufc23$pqn$02$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > I writing a soap-client, which receives base64-files. > I have got the size of the received file and an unsigned char-pointer to > this file. > How can I save it? CFile::Write does not work with unsigned char*. ...

Adding a sound file
I use XP office and am creating my first slide show and I am having trouble adding the .wav file so it will stay in the presentation when it is emailed. I have use office help and I am not having any success. The slide show works fine on my PC but when I email it out there is no sound on the recipients computer when they open the .pps file I send. So what could I be doing wrong here? Please help this is important to be achieved! Hi JP This should help: Sounds/Movies don't play, images disappear or links break when I move or email a presentation http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ0...

Under file
how do I get the 4 documents that I worked with to stop showing up Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk. 1. Click Start and then click Run. 2. In the Open box, type regedit and then press ENTER. The Registry Editor starts. 3. Delete one of the following registry keys, depending on which version of Publisher you are using:. Publish...