Next Unread Message ?

In Outlook Express there is a command to go to the next unread message.

Is there a way of doing this with a command in Outlook?

Thanks in advance, gm

0
garymc (1)

Which version? Outlook 2003 supports it, I don't recall if older versions
supported it. (up and down arrows on an open message, click the arrow to see
the various options)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"Gary McNees" <garymc@net.net> wrote in message
> In Outlook Express there is a command to go to the next unread message.
>
> Is there a way of doing this with a command in Outlook?
>
> Thanks in advance, gm

0
dianenws (1904)
10/31/2003 3:22:32 PM
Diane

Regarding your response on this thread

Which version? Outlook 2003 supports it, I don't recall if older version
supported it. (up and down arrows on an open message, click the arrow to se
the various options
<

Outlook 2002 had a "button" called "Next Unread", which worked great.  Outlook 2003 does not appear to have such an button or menu item.  You answer was correct, in that you can find "Unread Item" by clicking on the Arrow to select this as an option.  However, normal usage makes this 3 step process less than ideal.  I've tried to Customize Toolbars to add this, but the "Unread Item" when used as a dropped button on the Toolbar does not work.  It just closes the window.  Confusing.  Thanks for any assistance.  Al Benzin

0
anonymous (74721)

Messages is gone
Hi to all, I'm using outlook 2003 last day my inbox messages is gone. My incoming messages still I can read but I must manually move it to a personal folder because if I did not move it there my inbox will be empty at anytime. Now I can't received any mail. It's only me that has e-mail problem. Others are none. My inbox is still empty even if I test to send from other e-mail. Please help, Thanks In Advance, Emslan emslan <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi to all, I'm using outlook 2003 last day my inbox messages is gone. > My incoming messages s...

exchange event log message
A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send queue. Verify that you have Internet connectivity. If you can view Web sites normally, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to determine if there is a problem with their e-mail server. You can disable this alert or change its threshold by using the Change Alert Notifications task in the Server Management Monitoring and Reporting taskpad. Where are these messages located ? How do I stop this from happening ? On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 07:25:51 -0700, "Peter Collins" <pcollins@ulinet.com> wrote: >A la...

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...

Next Cheque Number
Hi, Was wondering if anyone knows a way that the 'Next Cheque Number' in the Chequebook Maintenance can accidently be reset? I have a customer who says that the next number has changed and they are wondering how this could have happened as it would appear that no-one has changed it through the maintenance routine? Thanks -- Jean I tried different tests and couldn't replicate. I haven't had any reports from Customers over the years. -- Mick "JB" wrote: > Hi, > > Was wondering if anyone knows a way that the 'Next Cheque Number' in the >...

Show status message of the script
Hi all, i want find a way to show in a popup or in ie windows a status message of the script: ......part of the some script in a loop For Each objUser in objOldOU strstreetAddress = objUser.Get("streetAddress") 'wscript.echo strstreetAddress Select Case (strstreetAddress) Case "MI- Europa" oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Europa,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC objUser.Put "scriptPath", "europa.cmd" MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 1" Case "Cavallotti" oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Cavallotti...

Save all attatchments in unread messages in one easy step?
Hello, I use Outlook 2003 at work for my email. Everyday I receive about 50 or so messages that contain .pdf attachments. All the messages come from the same group of people. Anyways I must save and rename all of these these .pdf's every day. As you can imagine it becomes time consuming. Does anyone know if there is a way to just save all the attachments in unread messages to a specific folder outside of Outlook? Currently I have 64 unread messages in my inbox. Each message has a ..pdf attatchment that I right click>save as..... I was looking for an easier way to move a...

Can't sign messages with a valid certificate.
Hello. I've got a valid certificate that is intended for e-mail signing. When I view the certificate, it says like this This certificate is intended for the following purpurpose(s) Protects e-mail messages You have a private key that corresponds to this certificate I can choose this certificate at Outlook Options-> Change Security Settings->Select Certificate. But when I try to digitally sign a message, outlook complaints like, Invalid Certificate Microsoft Office Outlook could not sign or encrypt this mesage because you have no certificates whici can be used... I've tried wi...

Message Headers question
How can I make the message headers display more prominent so that I can see at a glance which headers have been viewed and which have not. At the moment my display shows a small weak blue arrow in the box under the Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the message. Thanks, John Upgrade to the newer beta: http://www.windowslivepreview.com/essentials/ Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "John Smith" wrote in message news:#7pM9JeJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... How can I make the message headers display more prominent so tha...

Next sequential number on a different form
Is there a way to do this: I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by th Proposal number. Is there a way to display on another excel spreadsheet, the mos current Proposal number? I know Access you use something like Dmax(ProposalID)+1 What should I do in Excel:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated! Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b8pra@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote > I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by the > Propos...

how do I remove a message stuck in my outbox?
I have a message stuck in my outbox that I cannot remove, delete does not work and I have tried everything i know to do...which is limited. Jon Go offline while in Outlook and then try and delete the message -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC412ACE-8315-4739-BC5C-8192D38EFCDB@microsoft.com... >I have a message stuck in my outbox that I cannot remove, delete does not > work and I have tried ev...

Test Message
08/10/2010 15:09:06 ...

How to make a workflow wait until the next 600AM, or the next Mond
Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific time of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out at 6AM, but I don't care what date, just the next time it's 6AM. As a follow up, how about waiting till Monday if its during a weekend. -- Thanks, Steve Noe, MCBMSP(2xCRM), MCT(CRM), MCTS-SQL www.bizitpro.com On Feb 14, 10:48=A0am, Steve Noe <Steve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific ti= me > of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out a...

Next Version
Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. Kim Should be released by middle of next year. Guy. "Microsoft" <cannon@qldstate.com.au> wrote in message news:uhO6YZa5EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would > appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. > > Kim > I heard that MSCRM 2005 will be launch around May or June 2005 in Asia Pasific. In this version there will be a marketing...

Style added to "next page"
I have a document that I am using styles in. When I want to force a new page and apply a style to the first line in the new page, the style is also applied to the "next page" code. This would not be a problem, except the style I am using puts a shaded box around the text. So that leaves me with a shaded box at the end of the previous page. I can't find any where to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the style code: Font: Bold, Space After: 12 pt, No widow/orphan control, Don't keep with next, Don't keep lines together, Level 2, Patter...

Windows CE power off message
Hi, Is there a way to detect that a windows CE device is being turned off? The device is running Windows CE .NET version 4.2. We have a data input card attached that doesn't alway recover if we're in the middle of taking a measurement when the power goes off. I'd like to pause measurements before the unit shuts down. Regards, Ask in NG microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc Regards, Guido "mfr" <mfr@community.nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:41A6E3B8-2A04-4EEA-94EF-09958281B559@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to detect that a window...

Message Outlook #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01C75C0F.09BB8EA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00F5_01C75C0F.09BB8EA0" ------=_NextPart_001_00F5_01C75C0F.09BB8EA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello !!! I build an application in VB and send mails with te mapi All times the outllok show this message of confirmation two times. Is possible disabled it ??? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_001_00F5_01C75C0F.09BB8EA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset...

Continuous Subform Won't Allow Moving To Next Rec?
Form.DefaultView=Continuous and, indeed, it does show multiple rows. But only the first row can be selected: the user cannot click into any other row. Also, clicking the form's "forward" navigation button has no effect. I'll swear this thing worked find last week. Tried SaveAsText and LoadFromText, but no change - so I'm suspecting that I fat-fingered some prop or other... But which one? I don't know of a specific property that would cause this behavior. How is the form being opened -- manually? by code? by macro? If by code or macro, show us the code line or ...

Outbox
I have been unable to clear my Outlook 2003 Outbox of a message that has been stuck there for a month. Annoying doesn't describe being constantly told there is mail waiting to be sent! Thanks. Ken refer here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm "Ken L" <kenameye@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:mDI7e.78929$wo1.41627@bignews6.bellsouth.net... >I have been unable to clear my Outlook 2003 Outbox of a message that has >been stuck there for a month. Annoying doesn't describe being constantly >told there is mail waiting to be sent! Tha...

NEXT RESEARCHED TIP
Dear Colleague, This is another researched tip from Foundation For Better Living. Please read carefully. The first wave of Internet opportunity explosion has come and gone. If you were in tune to the opportunities of the day in the late 1990's AND you were LUCKY, you likely would not be reading my newsletters. GOOD NEWS! The SECOND WAVE is now upon us. For a VERY LIMITED TIME, you may register for FREE with the World's next big Internet Giant, GLOBAL DOMAINS INTERNATIONAL, INC. (aka: GDI) an Inc500 listed, debt free corportion and home of all .ws (Web Site) domain names (web ad...

Pass environment variables to next instance
Hi everyone, today I run into small problem with PowerShell. I would like to start new Powershell.exe from existing instance, however new process should see all variables (similar to Start and Start /I in old cmd). Any idea? Martin I'm not sure of a built-in way, but you could easily call get-variable in your calling script and dump those variables to a txt file. You could then read the text file in your destination script and recreate the variables. "Martin Zugec" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > today I run into small problem with PowerShell. I...

Deleting Messages in the Queue
-- Mick Mick <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com ...

error message (0x800CCC78)
I cant seem to send any emails. This is the error message I get. If anyone can help me to fix this I would truly appreciate it :) 'Sending reported error (0x800CCC78) ; 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the email address in your account properties. The server responded: 556 CLIENT AUTHENTICATION REQUIRED. USE ESMTP EHLO AND AUTH.' jksmithey <jksmithey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cant seem to send any emails. This is the error message I get. If > anyone can help me to fix this I would truly appreciate it :) > > 'Sending reported ...

Error Messages When Posting
I keep getting these messages when I post in Dynamics either in invoices or checks. An open operation on the table 'PM_Journal_Distributions' failed because the path does not exist, and also, An operation on table 'PM_Transaction_WORK_TRX' has an incorrect record length. Does anyone how to get rid of these messages popping up all the time? What version Dynamics are you running? When did these start? Following an update/upgrade perhaps? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... che...

Outlook 2003
Often, when I send an email, I would like Outlook to help me remember to check that whatever I was dealing with in the email has been taken care of. I'd want Outlook to either maintain a folder of things that need closure or to give me a reminder X days after sending the email to check up on the task. I don't want to use tasks for this -- I'd rather just create an email, since the people receiving the message (such as a customer service department) would be confused by the "funny stuff" in the task message such as "Status: Not Started", etc. The "flag fo...

messages stuck in outbox
Hello, We have a problem with a user, she is trying to mail out a message to a large # of recipients (about 1,000) She is putting those recpients on the BCC field. When she clicks 'send', the message goes in her Outbox and just stays there forever. The message is not being sent out. She is using OWA to do this inside the internal LAN. I made sure we don't have any outbound filters which would stop the message, etc. We are using Exchange Server 2003 on Server2003, both of which were upgraded from Exchange 2000 and Server2000. I believe this might be some sort of either Win...