Newsgrups in Office Outlook

Can I use my Microsoft Outlook [office 2000 SR 1] to reading and revewing
Internet news groups?
How to set it up? As for now I have to review news in my Outlook Expres, but
it would be nice to use only one program.

Thank you for any help!

simmias (1)

Outlook is not a news reader. It invokes OE or whatever news reader is your
default.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Polikarp_1973" <simmias@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> Can I use my Microsoft Outlook [office 2000 SR 1] to reading and revewing
> Internet news groups?
> How to set it up? As for now I have to review news in my Outlook Expres,
> but
> it would be nice to use only one program.
>
> Thank you for any help!

russval (3097)

Office Mac #2
Does anyone think microsoft will put a database application like Access in office mac? In article <E6E68FF4-3832-4404-9914-0AD0B345A39B@microsoft.com>, Glenn <Glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone think microsoft will put a database application like Access in > office mac? It's a shame when cousins marry. Hi Glen: No. Where is the business case for it? 1) There are any number of perfectly good "database" applications for the Mac. We don't need another. Excel is available, and makes a very good flat-file database. MySQL works real...

Outlook 2003
Most outgoing email awaiting sending does not send in response to any send command. An occasional message will send, but most don't respond, forcing me to move those messages to another machine with with Outlook XP installed. Why won't my mail send? Incidentally, it all worked fine for several days after I installed Office 2003. Have cable access with several user names, and one dial- up account that under Outlook XP and during the inital couple of Outlook 2003 days both sent and received through the cable (cox) account (with the cable smtp cable system settings in that box...

office 2003 sp3
why does the accept decline screen display each time I start a office program? I use office 2003 with service pack 3 Kevin See the following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Kevin" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:eSRVhPyjKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > why does the accept decline screen display each time I start a office program? I > use office 2003 with service pack 3 > > --- > frmsrcurl:...

Outlook sends some internet mail to the internal Exchange account
Hi, My Outlook 2000 client is configured with an Exchange 2000 Server, and with the Internet Mail service to make SMTP/POP3 with another Exchange 2000 Server deployed in another organization/forest. I configured the Internet mail to be processed before the Exchange mail. The problem is that in some cases the internet mail is delivered not to the configured internet service but it appears in the queues of the internal Exchange server which doesn't knows about the internet. I wonder how Outlook detects which e-mails should be send to which server 'cause both of them use SMTP. Note, it h...

Office 2010 beta clobbered my bluetooth
After installing office 2010 beta on a Thinkpad T43 with XP SP3, Bluetooth is broken. ( the Widcomm package, probably preinstalled on the factory) The BT can be turned on, is visible in device manager and so on - but any attempt to find devices fails. The error message says, unable to find local BT devices. Now I recall seeing something about BT in the Office 2010 release notes or forums, but can't find it. Be warned. --pa ...

trouble opening office 2003 excel files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am having difficulty opening Excel files that were created in the 2003 version withthe 2008 version. The files were originally created on a windows XP machine, then imported into a Mac using Office 2003 under system 10.4. The files are rather large, approximately 60 columns by 10,000 rows. I haad no difficulty in working with the files between the Windows and Mac systems. I recently got a new MacBook Pro with an Intel processor and installed Office 2008. When I try to read these large Excel files on my new lap...

Out of Office Reply #11
I am running exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000. When I setup out of office reply it will take up to a week for it to be recieved by the sender. I have exchange setup to send automatic replyes to the internet. I have also found that other people are having the same problem and they are saying that it is due to the older exchange with the newer outlook. Can some one please confirm this or let me know of a fix. Thank you for your time. Larry This is an Exchange problem, not an Outlook problem (at least I don't think it is since I'm not on Exchange and it works fine for me). I sug...

Reinstalling Outlook 2002
I received Outlook 2002 with my new iPAQ handheld. I installed Outlook 2002 and it all worked great. After a couple weeks, something happened with Outlook 2002 where numerous Draft folders were appearing. I decided to uninstall Outlook 2002. When I reinstall it, I get the message that it was installed successfully but it doesn't actually get installed on my PC. The only thing I find installed is this new folder called Office Tools which I do not need. Can someone explain to me how I can get Outlook 2002 reinstalled on my PC? Thanks for your help. Gabe ...

XP Outlook Express
Could not save or open attachments. Have the message on top "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail". The "Save attachments" was also disabled underneath the Attachment icon. I have downloaded all the window updates for Outlook Express and Internet Explorer but this problem still peristed. Because it is not a problem but a configuration setting. Tools-> Options-> option Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the ...

Upgrading from Office 2004 to 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I only use Word,Excel and Power Point in my current Office 2004. I only have one excel macro that I would like to reuse. I have just purchased the 2008 Office box with 3 installation keys. I would like to 1st upgrade my G4 PowerPC running 10.5.8 to Office 2008. After my G4 is up and running, I would like to upgrade my wife's iMac (10.6.2) Intel Core 2 Duo from Office 2004 to Office 2008. <br> Is there a bullet proof step by step outline for upgrading available? Do I 1st go to my 2004 Office &quot;R...

Colors gone from my office apps
My hard drive crashed and I re-installed Office 2007 on a new install of XP Pro. All updates to XP and Office are installed. In Word, Excel and Outlook etc... the top of the pages have the traditional blue accross, but the rest of the screen is grey and white. Some colors on the ribbon, bit otherwise very strange looking. I've checked my graphics card and my monitor. All seems fine. My other programs work fine as does my browser. I went into settings and compared line for line with my laptop. Anyone have an idea how i can get this to look like it always has. For what it...

Outlook 2003 Crashes #2
Help please!! Event ID 1000. Source Office 11. This computer crashes while in Outlook. Suddenly closes the application and the opens the application again and you may continue working on it. I would like to know what is causing this to crash. This computer was upgraded from 98 to XP in order to install Office Professional Edition 2003. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Denise ...

using outlook offline
I have no problem bringing up outlook when my computer is in its docking station. When I take the computer off the docking station and want to use outlook, it does not fully come up and I am not able to use it. I want to use the folders when I am traveling. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks What version of Outlook and do you get any error messages? You will need to report more than "does not fully come up" for anyone to help you. >-----Original Message----- >I have no problem bringing up outlook when my computer is >in its docking station. When I take the compute...

Modifying the Dictionary in Office
How can I modify the dictionary in office, like to remove words that I have added or that were included with the software? Thanks, Nick Lowry Any words you Added are saved in your Custom Dictionary, if you click on Dictionaries in the Word Preferences dialog, Spelling and Grammar tab, you should find a way to edit it. You can't exactly *remove* words from the built-in Office dictionary, but you can create an Exclude Dictionary which tells Office to flag those words as errors and has the same effect. This is documented in the Word help, in my version the topic is...

Error 1601 Failed nstalls Install Attempts Office 2010 or Office 2007 on Win 7
Despite everything I've tried, I believe I need to repair a corrupted/broken MSI and nothing I've done to do that is working. I had Office 2007 fully service packed up to date on my Win 7 box working well. All of a sudden I got message it was corrupted, and I couldn't open or work with any docs. I had been running Office 2010 Tech Preview, but it had a few glitches, and I had docs to do, so when I couldn't uninstall 2010 Tech Preview from Add/Remove--a frequent occurrence with Office betas I've come to expect, I used the Manual Removal MSKB meticulously and...

Outlook 2003
Our firm is just converting to Outlook 2003, and we're having a problem. If a lawyer has given full access rights to his/her assistant, then that assistant goes into the lawyers' Email and deletes something, it goes to the *assistant's* trash, not the lawyers. Same goes if they send an Email, it goes to the *assistant's* sent items, not the lawyers. Is there anyway to keep this from happening and being put in the appropriate person's folders? Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 POP3 Issues. Please help!
We are currently running MS Exchange 2003. We are experimenting a problem with our users using POP3. The problem is that each time the users connects to our server, it downloads all of the e-mails every time. The results are multiple copies of the same e-mail. Does anybody know how to fix this? We are using outlook 2003 in the client side. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your cooperation OT, but what's the reason for using POP at all? Are these remote users? Can they use OWA instead? I personally dislike using POP if I can avoid it. nestora wr...

Reinstalling windows/office
I have Office 2007, and have insalled it on 3 computers, which is all it allows. If I erase everything, and reinstall Windows, will I be able to install Office again? Is there something that tells the Office program that this is the same computer, and that it's just being REinstalled? Presumably thats Office H&S since thats the only version licensed for 3 family PC's If thats the case the licence is for 3 working PC's, if neccessary use phone activation. There is no de-activation process "RoCa" <RoCa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Outlook 2003
When I start a new message in Outlook 2003, the text that is bold in my signature opens as font size 12. The font size in the signature in my editor (Word) is size 10. When I reply to a message it shows up as 10. I have the same signature file selected for new and reply messages. In Tools > Options > Mail Format - Fonts, I have selected 'Always us my fonts' and 10pt for both new and reply messages. Any ideas on why the bold is appearing in 12pt? Anyone have any suggestions? "MelD" wrote: > When I start a new message in Outlook 2003, the text tha...

Outlook No Start
The computer is a new Dell Studio Slim desktop running Windows 7 with self-installed MS Office Enterprise 2007. On two occasions, over the past week since installing the program, Outlook fails to start up when clicking on the desktop icon. So, I insert the program disk into the CD drive and run the "repair" program. The wierd thing is that once the repair program concludes and is in the process of the required reboot, I get a screen that indicates a number of programs need to shut down (or be forced to shut down) so that the machine can reboot. And the program icons that ...

Out of Office problems

Opening Back office
My back office pc disconnecting after few minute and I cant log on until I restart main pc. I have 2 back office pc and I tried on both same problem. Even I turn of firewall on main server. I am wondering is there any time out on SQL server. What should I do to stop this problem. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F1_01C7CA35.18EB26D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Gill, 1) Make sure to turn off any screen saver. Right click in the desktop | = Screen Saver tab | set to None 2) Make sure...

Outlook Temp Folder
Hi there, I get a lot of emails with Word documents attached. Every time I go to save one of the documents, the Save As dialog box is initially pointing me to a directory called OLK102 which seems to be in the Temporary Internet Files folder. I have deleted everything from the Temporary Internet Files folder but still each time I open up a document from within Outlook and try to save it - it points to this directory (OLK102) and the directory is filled with documents that I had opened previously. My question is how do I get rid of the files in this directory? When I go to the Tempor...

OUTLOOK #105
I CANNOT SEEM TO GET INTO OUTLOOK EXPRESS SCREEN, I DID NOT SET UP PASSWORD OR USERNAME. I GUESS GUY BEFORE ME DID THAT AND I CANNOT GET IN OR CHANGE ANYTHING . ANY IDEAS ON FIXING THIS. You need to create a new profile, and delete the old one. "JIM" <ROCKEYJIMMY@YAHOO.COM> wrote in message news:05fb01c3dc4d$d00755c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I CANNOT SEEM TO GET INTO OUTLOOK EXPRESS SCREEN, I DID > NOT SET UP PASSWORD OR USERNAME. I GUESS GUY BEFORE ME > DID THAT AND I CANNOT GET IN OR CHANGE ANYTHING . ANY > IDEAS ON FIXING THIS. frank caraballo <frank.cara...

Can I use my Microsoft Outlook [office 2000 SR 1] to reading and revewing Internet news groups? How to set it up? As for now I have to review news in my Outlook Expres, but it would be nice to use only one program. Thank you for any help! -- Outlook is not a news reader. It invokes OE or whatever news reader is your default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Polikarp_1973" <simmias@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:ch48hs$e4p$1@news.onet.pl... > Can I use my Microsoft Outlook [office 2000 SR 1] to reading and revewing > Internet news groups? > How to set i...