newsgroup access lost

Hi y'all,
I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line
directions.  I used the newsgroup and shut the program.  Somewhere along the
way it disappeared.  I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing
(completely).  I tried a repair.  No good.  Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Robert


0
Mr
2/8/2004 8:39:37 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 10 followers. Follow

4 Replies
783 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You
should then be able to add it again.
Also see the following for more options;
http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm

-- 
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net
Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...

Tip of the month:
-Tips for cleaning up your mailbox

Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
-----
"Mr. Newt" <lektrikpuke@_yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:d8xVb.10624$1O.6062@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...
> Hi y'all,
> I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line
> directions.  I used the newsgroup and shut the program.  Somewhere along
the
> way it disappeared.  I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing
> (completely).  I tried a repair.  No good.  Any suggestions?
> Thanks.
> Robert
>
>


0
Roady
2/8/2004 8:51:03 PM
Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work.  I ended up uninstalling and
reinstalling the program.  That fixed it.
Thanks again.
Robert

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote in
message news:%234WeZVo7DHA.2812@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You
> should then be able to add it again.
> Also see the following for more options;
> http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm
>
> -- 
> Roady [MVP]
> www.sparnaaij.net
> Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
> Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...
>
> Tip of the month:
> -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox
>
> Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
> mailbox!
> www.sparnaaij.net
>
> (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
> address when mailing)
> -----
> "Mr. Newt" <lektrikpuke@_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:d8xVb.10624$1O.6062@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...
> > Hi y'all,
> > I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line
> > directions.  I used the newsgroup and shut the program.  Somewhere along
> the
> > way it disappeared.  I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing
> > (completely).  I tried a repair.  No good.  Any suggestions?
> > Thanks.
> > Robert
> >
> >
>
>


0
Mr
2/9/2004 2:48:00 AM
I did go to your website AFTER uninstalling and reinstalling the software.
Perhaps I would have saved myself a lot of time had I done it BEFORE.  Any
way, nice website.

Robert

"Mr. Newt" <lektrikpuke@_yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:AxCVb.22850$Fz5.11440@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com...
> Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work.  I ended up uninstalling and
> reinstalling the program.  That fixed it.
> Thanks again.
> Robert
>
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
in
> message news:%234WeZVo7DHA.2812@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You
> > should then be able to add it again.
> > Also see the following for more options;
> > http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm
> >
> > -- 
> > Roady [MVP]
> > www.sparnaaij.net
> > Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
> > Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...
> >
> > Tip of the month:
> > -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox
> >
> > Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
> > mailbox!
> > www.sparnaaij.net
> >
> > (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
> > address when mailing)
> > -----
> > "Mr. Newt" <lektrikpuke@_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:d8xVb.10624$1O.6062@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...
> > > Hi y'all,
> > > I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line
> > > directions.  I used the newsgroup and shut the program.  Somewhere
along
> > the
> > > way it disappeared.  I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing
> > > (completely).  I tried a repair.  No good.  Any suggestions?
> > > Thanks.
> > > Robert
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Mr
2/9/2004 5:23:15 PM
Thanks, good to hear it's fixed anyway ;-)

-- 
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net
Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...

Tip of the month:
-Create your own fully customized Toolbar

Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
-----
"Mr. Newt" <lektrikpuke@_yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:7mPVb.21847$al7.5268@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com...
> I did go to your website AFTER uninstalling and reinstalling the software.
> Perhaps I would have saved myself a lot of time had I done it BEFORE.  Any
> way, nice website.
>
> Robert
>
> "Mr. Newt" <lektrikpuke@_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:AxCVb.22850$Fz5.11440@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com...
> > Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work.  I ended up uninstalling and
> > reinstalling the program.  That fixed it.
> > Thanks again.
> > Robert
> >
> > "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in
> > message news:%234WeZVo7DHA.2812@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > > Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old.
You
> > > should then be able to add it again.
> > > Also see the following for more options;
> > > http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm
> > >
> > > -- 
> > > Roady [MVP]
> > > www.sparnaaij.net
> > > Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
> > > Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...
> > >
> > > Tip of the month:
> > > -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox
> > >
> > > Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
> > > mailbox!
> > > www.sparnaaij.net
> > >
> > > (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from
the
> > > address when mailing)
> > > -----
> > > "Mr. Newt" <lektrikpuke@_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > news:d8xVb.10624$1O.6062@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...
> > > > Hi y'all,
> > > > I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per
on-line
> > > > directions.  I used the newsgroup and shut the program.  Somewhere
> along
> > > the
> > > > way it disappeared.  I tried to set it up again, but now it's
missing
> > > > (completely).  I tried a repair.  No good.  Any suggestions?
> > > > Thanks.
> > > > Robert
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Roady
2/9/2004 10:03:25 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Lost product keys
I lost the product keys for my 3 installs for Office for Mac 2004 and need to reinstall due to problems. Is there a procedure at Microsoft for recovering the product keys?<br> <br> Can I call or email someone about this?<br> <br> I'm looking at the CD. Is there a serial number on it somewhere I can use as proof of purchase? In article <ee8a945.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, swim_dad91362@officeformac.com wrote: > I lost the product keys for my 3 installs for Office for Mac 2004 and need to > reinstall due to problems. Is there a procedure at Microsoft ...

Access Database Files Are Blocked
After downloaded a security patch I can no longer receive Access database file as attachements (MDB Files). Does anyone know a workaround? Jack Depends on the version and Service Patch but check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Jack Henslee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117e901c3f4be$6e950790$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After downloaded a security patch I can no longer receive > Access database file as attachements (MDB Files). Does > anyone know a workaround? > > Jack ...

Will Access 2003 allow database to run on PC w/o Access?
Can I create a data base in Access 2003 and put it on PC's that do not have Access installed? It seems you once had to buy the developers edition of Access to do this... but I thought I heard that Access 2003 allowed creation and distribution of "stand alone" data bases. Thanks for any help. Sorry, you heard wrong. No version of Access has ever been able to create stand alone databases. For more information, check what Tony Toews has at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/developereditionfaq.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no...

Is there a newsgroup for Wndows 7?
Haven't been able to find one. TIA Try this link and select the appropriate M$ forum: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 "mag" <the1mag@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u94e50vqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Haven't been able to find one. TIA > > "mag" <the1mag@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u94e50vqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Haven't been able to find one. TIA > > Your ISP may not carry it, but there is alt.windows7.general. If not, then you can...

Access
Problem: When I have a run a select query (with fields coming from multiple tables all joined), I frequently cannot modify/edit the contents of a cell. This never happens when I'm using a query with fields from a single table. So I don't understand at what point the complexity of the query makes the cell non-editable. I am working on a new DB and I want to make sure that, no matter how complex the select query, I will be able to edit the contents of a cell (aka modify a record). ...

Outlook and Newsgroup Handling?
The last time I looked at Outlook back when I was using W95B it did not support Newsgroups. Can anyone tell me if any of the newer versions, (Outlook 2000, 2002) supports? Thanks no, outlook does not support newsgroups. you need OE or another newsreader for that. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com M...

newsgroup
why does windows email select a random message instead of the last message when i go to this newsgroup? I. ...

personal files lost during crash
My Outlook crashed Friday. I managed to reopen with brand new (empty) Inbox/Sent/Outbox/Contacts etc. I also ran the Inbox Repair tool, which did not work (an error message popped up after 4 of 8 phases saying could not complete scan). I would like to retrieve my old folders, emails, calendar items, contacts if possible. Can anyone tell me the process to do this? Thank you. >I also ran the >Inbox Repair tool, which did not work (an error message >popped up after 4 of 8 phases saying could not complete >scan). If the Inbox Repait Tool can't make sense out of the old PST,...

Unable to access contacts #2
When I try to write an email in outlook and press the "To" button it says "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Office Outlook Help." But, if I go to the contacts from the main outlook screen my contacts come up fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Brian Mullins Next time, post your version. We will assume Outlook 2002 or ...

Lost mail msgs
Is there any explanation why all my mail msgs in my inbox disappeared and is there a way to recover them. I am using Outlook 2003 on a private network at my office. I am devasted. ...

Access 2000 back to Access 97 problem
I have a db that I needed to convert back to 97, as some of my users haven't upgraded yet. I have 1 form, with 3 tabs, each tab with a sub-form, but one of the sub-forms does not work the same as it did in 2000. The sub-forms are Continuous Forms with like a question on the left, and a response on the right, with calculated fields further right. The sub-forms are bound to queries, but the parent form is not bound to any recordsource. There is 2 fields on the parent form that relay data to the sub-form, and the sub-form recalcs. In 97, when we do the relaying of data, some of the ...

Newsgroups
Does Outlook let you access Newsgroups? -- Thank You, Robert Runkel P.O. Box 1816 Monterey, CA 93942-1816 Home Phone: 831-648-8651 Cell Phone: 831-402-4943 FAX Phone: 831-649-7174 Below is the email address to contact Bob Runkel: <mailto:BRUNKEL@ACM.ORG> Not directly. By default, Outlook uses a news only version (i.e. no mail functions available) of Outlook Express as its newsreader. You can get to it from within Outlook by using View | Go To | News. If you'd prefer to use a 3rd party newsreader such as Agent or Gravity, you would just need to change your default news client...

Reading newsgroup in Outlook Express
Need a review........... Had it set up in format incarnation. Now my system is back at Step One. Would some kind soul please help me find out which server to point OE to so that I can read this group in something other than the web. The search functions here aren't the greatest. Thank you :-) Murphy's Law says that I no sooner submit the request when I find the answer for myself. "JL Amerson" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:037001c3795c$658430a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Need a review........... > > Had it set up in format incarnation. Now...

Linking/attaching access tables
Hi Is it possible to link access tables to a sql server 2005 db? I can't seem to find any option in Management Studio. Thanks Regards John See details in the BOL how to build a linked server to Access "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:uVHXQzltKHA.6124@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is it possible to link access tables to a sql server 2005 db? I can't seem > to find any option in Management Studio. > > Thanks > > Regards > > ...

Newsgroup
How are you suppose to view newsgroup via Outlook Express if the NNTP server no longer exists. Dan server is msnews.microsoft.com newsgroup is microsoft.public.pos "DJ" <lane.dj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:37b6520e-018f-43ac-8f72-24724abc0220@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > How are you suppose to view newsgroup via Outlook Express if the NNTP > server no longer exists. > > Dan In this case, the server and group have been reborn. However, even if they go away, there is a solution: http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/releases/view/47...

Recipient Address Rejected, Relay Access Denied
I keep getting this error message any one know how to fix it. Is it on just one address or multiple addresses? What version of Outlook? Have you tried checking the option to authenticate to your outgoing SMTP server in your account properties | Server tab? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01bc01c3ba9e$ed9f1210$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting this error message any one know how to fix ...

managing newsgroup newsletters
need some ideas please, we have many engineers at work whom subscribe to their fav newsgroups. we would like to share these amongst other engineers at work. we're thinking of creating pertinent public folders and have each user create a rule to have the particular newsletter moved to the appropriate public folder. we would also like to be able to have these automatically moved to a server as a file, stored in a database for further cataloging, archiving and searching. anyone setup something like this? what popular third party products exist that could help us manage something like ...

Events in Access
Is there a list some where that explains all of the events you can use on a form and what they are for? Example, After Update, On Enter, Got Focus, Etc. The Access help file does provide some info on this, but there are so many events to look up that it's confusing to know where to start. First thing to notice is that not only do the controls have events, but the form has events in its properties as well. The form events are the ones to learn first. The BeforeUpdate event of the form is the most useful. Access fires that just before the record gets saved, so it is the one to use t...

Access newsgroups through Outlook Express
Hi, silly question, how do we connect to these newsgroups using outlook express. I tried to connect to Public.microsoft.com, but with no luck. It finds the server but can´t download the list. ideas? I connect through news.microsoft.com. -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB12CBBC-BC6B-4D29-9856-0DD080124123@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > silly question, how do we connect to these newsgroups using outlook > express. > I tried to connect to Public.microsoft.com, bu...

Access and Groove
I am looking for tips on using Groove to share Access 2007 databases. I have been successful adding a file to a workspace but I have not found a reference to Access in the Groove literature yet. How well does Access play with Groove? (I know that I have to turn off blocking.) Is the best way to determine which records were changed to use an audit trail? What is the maximum Access file size that should be shared? Are there any security conflicts with Groove's encryption? Are there an synchronization issues? Comments about personal experiences will be appreciated. Thanks. LDN ...

New page
In some situations you may want to lock the fields on a form unless the user explicitly choose to update the transactions. While you could set the forms Allow Edits property to false this doesn't work for subforms. Other wierdnesses happen but I can't recall exactly what right at the moment. This solution shows how a call to a public subroutine passing a few parameters handles this situation. http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/locking_fields_on_a_form.htm -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messag...

Thumbnails in newsgroups
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CB1460.13D82760 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I love the new beta except that in the newsgroups and pictures arrive as = thumbnails. Does anyone know how to get them to download at the correct size. TIA ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CB1460.13D82760 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> &l...

Newsgroups with Outlook 2003
I added the News button to the Go menu, but then it disappeared from the menu after closing the newsgroups the first time and it does not show up to add it anymore. Has anyone else run into this problem? I have all of the latest patches loaded for Office 2003. Thanks! And How did you addit???? thanks "DaveC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:df9101c3f0a0$df359450$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I added the News button to the Go menu, but then it > disappeared from the menu after closing the newsgroups > the first time and it does not show up t...

RMS 2.0 With MSDE Database Lost
I am using MS RMS 2.0 with SQL MSDE 2005 with Windows XP Professional. Couple of my windows file corrupted and windows was not starting correctely. I tried to repair it but I was unsuccessful. SO I have to reload windows on over the old windows. When loading the new windows I can see the RMS files and SQL MSDE files in my C: drives. So I copy SQL data files C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data to another folder. Since all the old settings are replaced by new windows setup, So I have to install RMS and MSDE 2005 SQL server again. I know how to backup and restore data...

I lost access to my money files. How can I regain access?
I've been using Money 2003 since 2003. I decided to upgrade and I did, but my PDA couldn't connect to Money, so I decided to go back to Money 2003. But now I cannot access my files. The window says that my password is incorrect. How can I get access to my 3 years of financial information? TIA, Angela Money, like most software, is not backwards compatible. ie you cannot use a data file made with a newer version of the program than the one you are using. When you upgraded, part of the upgrade procedure should have been to create a backup of the data file for your previous ver...