News disappears

I added News to the "GO" button in Outlook 2003 and
logged into the news service.  The next time I used
Outlook, News was not on the "GO" button and it had also
disappeared from the list of add-ons.

Where did it go?  Can I get it back?

Thanks,

   Turner
0
WA4MQY (1)

To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button.
You may need to reset the menu or toolbar using Tools, customize.
http://faq.outlookmvps.org/archives/000710.html

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Turner Morgan" <WA4MQY@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I added News to the "GO" button in Outlook 2003 and
> logged into the news service.  The next time I used
> Outlook, News was not on the "GO" button and it had also
> disappeared from the list of add-ons.
>
> Where did it go?  Can I get it back?
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Turner

0
dianenws (1904)

pst file disappeared!
I am running Outlook 2002. My inbox, deleted items, everything disappeared. Searched and found several .pst files. Tried to open those files and got error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using." Any ideas? Thanks. Which way of opening did you use? The proper way to reconnect to a pst-file is by opening Outlook first and then use; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Ou...

finding old news messages
Hi am wondering if somebody can tell me how to find older mail messages. I put a question in a few weeks ago, regarding how to copy a page and paste it to another location without the hidden cells, or grouped cells. Now of course I can't remember how to do this, and can not find the question. I have downloaded all the excel items (3164), but am told there is a way of getting to the whole database Thanks Tim search in google > groups http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=microsoft.public.excel good luck Tim wrote: > Hi am wonderin...

News missing
I wnet through the instructions to add News to my Go button. However, I missed the Go button and it ended up on the Menu Bar. when I tried to use it from there it tried to open some folder. So, I opened the Customize to see if I could get it back into there and I would re-drag it to Go. Well it allowed me to drag it to the Customize box when it was open but now the News option is gone. I checked all the customizable options and it is nowhere to be found. I ran the Detect and Repair but that didn't fix it. Where is my News option??? To get the News command back, go back to th...

News group posting error
When I try to post to the "alt-windows7.general" newsgroup under "aiog.org" I get the following error. I was able to post until a couple weeks ago. "Windows Mail could not post your message. Subject 'Can't post a "reply group"', Account: 'aioe.org', Server: 'aioe.org', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 Too many errors for your IP', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9" How can I correct this error? TIA, Paul ....and you're asking this in a Vista newsgroup,...

Sheet Names Disappeared
The sheet names disappeared....I went to Excel Options and they are turned on for the WB and Sheets still they don't appear HELP Tools > Options > View > and sure Sheet tabs is checked. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Terry" wrote: > The sheet names disappeared....I went to Excel Options and they are turned on > for the WB and Sheets still they don't appear > HELP Terry;953714 Wrote: > The sheet names disappeared....I went to Excel Options and they are > turned on > for the WB and Sheets still they don't ...

Controls from dialogbox disappearing?
Hi In my MFC dialog based application, i am using a JPEG file as a background for my dialog box whose code i have given in the OnEraseBkgnd() in the dialog class. Also i have few static controls on my dialog box -- a static text, 2 buttons & a list control to be precise. In order to have the background of these controls as transparent i have written the neccessary code inside the OnCtlColor(). When the application is run, everything is perfect but as soon as i click on the column divider in the list control & drag it to decrease column size, the buttons & the static text disappe...

Is this news group still active?
Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 Rowan Prior rowanp <removethis> wrote: > Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader > (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... How very strange .. 30 seconds after posting my question, eveything updated ... yeah, I am happy to be back living in the here and now.. noyb wrote: > Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 > > Rowan Prior rowanp <removethi...

excel 2003 scrollbar disappears
hello, i'm new, so forgive any improprieties, anyway, i have a user using office 2003 (the first at my company) and on one of his spreadsheets, sometimes the horizontal scrollbar disappears. i have since installed office 2003 on a test machine to see if i can reproduce the error, and haven't been able to yet. it seems to happen when he inserts a couple of jpegs into the sreadsheet, but i've tried with a copy of the file that he gave me and no disappearing bar yet. the jpegs are around 200k in size, pictures of a web page, and taller than the screen fits, if that's importa...

page numbers disappear
Page numbers disappear after page 10 whenever I do a booklet. On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 02:03:26 +0000, 4Av wrote (in article <C5C8808C-2FA7-4019-93DF-24FA9FAB21C3@microsoft.com>): > Page numbers disappear after page 10 whenever I do a booklet. And we're supposed to guess what version you're running are we...? We're not psychic - please elaborate on 'disappear' - do they just vanish as soon as you enter them, or is this resuming a saved document, or what? Or do they not appear at all... The devil's in the details... ;o) Do you have a Master page? Have you ch...

Red Comment handles have disappeared
I had comments in many cells in a workbook. The red comment handles have disappeared and the comments no longer appear when you click on the cells. The comments are however still available for editing. Is there a setting that has caused this to happen? I could not find the answer in excel troubleshooting. Thanks! Dave Hi Tools - Options - view -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6D2C7A42-E0DF-4885-821A-E8A56D587AB1@microsoft.com... > I had comments in many cells in a workbook. The red comment ...

Hot News! Hot News! Hot News!
Hai. The all-new www.businessjoint.net is ready to serve you in a better way. Visit and succeed! Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 Disappearing Reply-To addresses
All, I have a weird problem that I just can't seem to shake. I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 on Win XP SP2. This problem does not happen all the time. In fact, I seem to only notice it from one or two email addresses. Anyway, I get an email from a co-worker. When I respond to the email, his address is no longer in the "To" list of my response. It is there, and valid, in his original email to me, but not in my repsonse email. I have to go back up to the "To" line and enter it in. And what I enter in is the exact same email address that it should have put in there. W...

Outlook's mysterious disappearing act
Last night, Outlook worked with no difficulty. This morning, it has apparently disappeared. When I look in the "Programs" listing I can see 2,000+ KB for Access, PowerPoint, etc., but Outlook only has 57 KB. For the past month or more, Word also has had a problem, in that I cannot open a Word document by clicking on the document itself, only by opening Word first, then opening the document. I have the original installation SW to do a re- install, but I am concerned that doing so will wipe out all my Outlook information, contacts, etc. Since I do all of my schooling onli...

One Note button has disappeared from Outlook toolbar
In having some ITeam work done on my computer, somehow the Outlook toolbar icon you could click to save something disappeared. I have tried to get it back, but the method in the instructions doesn't work. Help please. One Note is nearly useless if you have to open it separately and create a new page and copy whatever you want into it. One click is much more user-friendly. What version of Outlook are you using? If you go to the add-ins section (where, depends a bit on your version of Outlook) do you still see the OneNote add-in installed and activated? -- -Ben- Ben M. Sc...

Mail disappears after it has been opened once.
I will open and read a mail item. Then I close Outlook. When I open Outlook again, that message is GONE. It is not in the Recycle Bin. I cannot find or recover it. Very bad glitch as I have lost confirmation and relationship emails. Not sure if this problem appeared when I got an iPhone and downloaded iTunes...but Doesn't sound like a glitch at all. Sounds like end user error. You have configured a view that moves the item out of sight. It doesn't delete it. State your view configuration. Probably something like "Sort By Icon" -- Russ Valentine &q...

No News is bad news
I am new to Outlook 2003 but have used Outlook Express for a long time. I want to be able to use newsgroups but am having a problem getting News set up. I followed the instructions from help, 1.. Add the News command to the Go menu. 1.. On the Standard toolbar, click the Toolbar Options arrow . 2.. Point to Add or Remove Buttons, and then click Customize. 3.. Click the Commands tab. 4.. In the Categories list, click Go. 5.. In the Commands list, click News, and drag it, without releasing the mouse, until it rests over the Go menu. When the menu displays a list of comm...

E-Mail being delivered, but disappearing
OK, here we go. Whenever I log onto Outlook and do a send & receive, the status bar shows, for example, "receiving 1 of 5". It then proceeds to progress through the receipt of the five e-mails and finishes. However, when completed, there is no mail in my Inbox! It's not in any other folders either. It's just not there!! I have no rules in to send mail to a folder, and when I log onto the web service, there are no e-mails there, so I can only assume that they are being delivered. Yet, there's nothing in my Inbox. Zip. Zilch. Nothing. It has only recently star...

Cost price disappearing?!
Hi, I've just been with a customer who swears that cost prices she entered when creating a new item had vanished when she went to print labels next day. It sounds totally bizarre to me and as I wasn't there when she was creating the items, I can't say for sure that she did indeed enter the cost price, which would be my first thought. As she's not new to this I really can't turn around and call her a liar! I figure all I can do is ask and see if anyone else has seen this happen, though I'm not hopeful! She's demanding answers, thinks the system is corrupt an...

How To Access Thru News Server
"The messages are visible if you access the group directly using the news server, rather than via the unreliable web interface. -- David Biddulph" David made above comment earlier. How do you do that please? Thanks in advance for any replies. Saved from a previous post: If you're able (not behind a firewall at work???), you may want to connect directly to the MS newsservers. If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and paste into MSIE). news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.setup news://msnews.microsoft...

How do you get the toolbar back after it disappears?
The toolbar disappeared. How do I get it back? Which toolbar... Generally speaking you can find most toolbars by selecting Tools -> Customize... Check what you want on the Toolbars Tab -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "confused user" wrote: > The toolbar disappeared. How do I get it back? What happens if you right-click in the area that it normally is in. confused user wrote: > The toolbar disappeared. How do I get it back? ...

news
I can't seem to find the menu choice "news" in any place even when I try to locate it in the options or congifure modes. How do I get it to appear so that I can place it on my tooblar? Butch Cassidy wrote: > I can't seem to find the menu choice "news" in any place even when I > try to locate it in the options or congifure modes. How do I get it > to appear so that I can place it on my tooblar? This subject has been covered hundreds of times in the last few weeks: Go into Google Groups and enter the search text "Outlook 2003 New command missing"...

Entry disappeared when hit Return
Hello, this really frustrates me.... I have a subform in datasheet view, and whenever I entered a new record and hit return carriage, the new record disappears and the cursor goes back to the beginning position of the new record line....how can I make the cursor go to the next record line and not erasing my entry? Thanks!! -- SW ...

In case this group is gone from MS News Server
If you are still using MS News Server, please click at the link below in case MS removes this group from their server. MS is in the process of removing groups in favor of using their forums, but they are not going to create a forum for VB Classic, so use the following links instead: news://news.aioe.org/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion news://news.aioe.org/comp.lang.basic.visual.misc The above news server is free and doesn't require registration. Thanks! I'm curious, what's freedomcrowsnest.org all about? -- "Nobody" <nobody@nobody....

Dvd Drive Disappears randomly
Hey guys, I am new to this forum. This is my first post. Anyways, I have a dvd drive (Hitachi that is detected in the bios and sometimes by windows vista home premium) This is stock on my laptop, both the operating system and the dvd drive. I have not ever added another os or did a factory restore. I contacted my laptops brand (gateway) and they told me a factory restore was needed before sending this machine back. Things I have tried... - System restore to an earlier point in time (don't have any to that point) - Deleting upper and lower bounds in the registry - uninst...

Hot News
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P><A title="Click here !" href="http://www.eurochat.tk"><FONT color=#000080>http://www.eurochat.tk</FONT></A>&nbsp;-&nbsp;Chat, IRC, client, free, little, fast, discussions, java, firewall, connection, online, world, direct, server, mIRC - in one word: <STRONG>EuroChat.Tk</STRONG> ! Here you can chat with your friends from any part of the globe - FOR...