News Client

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C96E66.57790BC0

Is it possible to use Outlook as a Newsgroup client? How can I do it?

Thanks
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C96E66.57790BC0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18247"></HEAD>
15px"=20
id=3DMailContainerBody leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 bgColor=3D#ffffff=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Is it possible to&nbsp;use Outlook as a =
Newsgroup=20
client? How can I do it?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Thanks</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C96E66.57790BC0--

0
joy_deep (1)

No; Outlook has no newsreader capability, never has
You can create a news Btn within Outlook, which opens your default newreader

"Joydeep Chakrabarty" <joy_deep@fastmail.in> wrote in message
Is it possible to use Outlook as a Newsgroup client? How can I do it?

Thanks

0
DL
1/4/2009 6:52:40 PM
Not natively, no.  If you have an Exchange server you can rig up some
NNTP capability or you can use a third-party solution like NewsHound
(http://www.shorelinesoftware.com/) to do it.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Joydeep Chakrabarty" <joy_deep@fastmail.in> wrote in message

> Is it possible to use Outlook as a Newsgroup client? How can I do it?
>
> Thanks

0
bens1 (1425)

Execution project for client. (Migration and deployment related)
Hi All! I need some advices related to migration and deployment. Situation: our team makes CRM project for some client. And I need right point how to make it in a right way. 1. Should I create a new instance on my side using client's license with its organization name as a prototype? Create roles, business units, templates, make some customization etc. And then use Data Migration Framework to move all data on production server. I read here about issues with GUIDs for users in AD and some other. may be I need just some kind of advices about how to make such projects in a right way. 2. AFAIK...

finding old news messages
Hi am wondering if somebody can tell me how to find older mail messages. I put a question in a few weeks ago, regarding how to copy a page and paste it to another location without the hidden cells, or grouped cells. Now of course I can't remember how to do this, and can not find the question. I have downloaded all the excel items (3164), but am told there is a way of getting to the whole database Thanks Tim search in google > groups http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=microsoft.public.excel good luck Tim wrote: > Hi am wonderin...

propagate client permission in public folder
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6F8F6.90711090 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, I need to change the client permission settings of all folders under = public folder (300+ folders totally) to include several new users. It's = very time consuming to do it one by one. Are there any free utilities = to propagate the changes from root folder? We are using MS Exchange 2000. Thanks, el. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6F8F6.90711090 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso...

FTP provider for windows 2008 ftp server to automatically delete file after it is downloaded by the client
Hi All, Development Environment: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Version 9.0.30729.1 Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.5 SP1 Windows Server 2008 server service pack1 IIS 7.0 FTP 7.5 service Reference : http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/632/how-to-use-managed-code-c-to-create-an-ftp-provider-that-sends-an-email-when-files-are-uploaded/ Required: FTP provider for windows 2008 ftp server to automatically delete file after it is downloaded by the client Problem: I have followed each steps as mention in above link. I have implemented following interface method. ...

CRM 4 outlook client install error
I am not able to install CRM v4 Outlook client on any workstation. The Oultook initial setup from CD appears to install correctly, but the install fails using the Configuration Wizard (PreInstallation Checks = OK) with the following error. ----------------- Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.InstallAbpAction failed. Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) ----------------- THis happens on all workstations connect to SBS 2K3R2; Desktop (Vista Ent/OfficeUlt), Laptop (Vista Ent/OfficeUlt), Terminal Server (W2K3/Office2K3) The CRM Web Client works fine. -- ...

Error 3704 with Headquarters Client
Please advise if anyone has come across the error below and its resolution. Our Headquarters Client debug log reports the following. <<CStateMachine::ExecuteState>> Error 3704: Operation is not allowed when the object is closed. (Unhandled Error, state = '7'). An error was detected, connection will be aborted. ...

webservices client problem
Hi, Im trying to build a web services client but im having 3 problems: 1) The access wizard is not working only for this web service (Menu-> Tools-> web references), for this option to appear you have to install webservicess office 2003 plug in 2) Since wizard is not working (i=B4d like to know why), i tried to write a client using the soap toolkit3.0, but when the method gets a complex type parameter like Array, that just wont work! 3) I'll have to use this code where proxy authentication is required to access internet, but i have no idea how to do it, httpconnector3.0 properties ...

News missing
I wnet through the instructions to add News to my Go button. However, I missed the Go button and it ended up on the Menu Bar. when I tried to use it from there it tried to open some folder. So, I opened the Customize to see if I could get it back into there and I would re-drag it to Go. Well it allowed me to drag it to the Customize box when it was open but now the News option is gone. I checked all the customizable options and it is nowhere to be found. I ran the Detect and Repair but that didn't fix it. Where is my News option??? To get the News command back, go back to th...

News group posting error
When I try to post to the "alt-windows7.general" newsgroup under "aiog.org" I get the following error. I was able to post until a couple weeks ago. "Windows Mail could not post your message. Subject 'Can't post a "reply group"', Account: 'aioe.org', Server: 'aioe.org', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 Too many errors for your IP', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9" How can I correct this error? TIA, Paul ....and you're asking this in a Vista newsgroup,...

Is this news group still active?
Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 Rowan Prior rowanp <removethis> wrote: > Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader > (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... How very strange .. 30 seconds after posting my question, eveything updated ... yeah, I am happy to be back living in the here and now.. noyb wrote: > Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 > > Rowan Prior rowanp <removethi...

Rule-based forwarding for an Outlook Client in Exchange 2003
I would like a single Exchange 2003 user to be able to do Rule-based forwarding to a single external email address. The user wants to forward selected internal and external emails to an external address (an outside exchange server that also hosts a Blackberry Exchange Server). The user does not want to forward all emails because this box also receives a lot of industry newsletters that the user does not want forwarded to the outside address. Given the source of these newsletters changes frequently, it is better for the user to be able to manage the Outlook Rule to add more "ex...

Hot News! Hot News! Hot News!
Hai. The all-new www.businessjoint.net is ready to serve you in a better way. Visit and succeed! Thanks ...

Outlook Client authentication prompt issue
Hi In our corporate environment we have installed the CRM Outlook client for MS CRM 4.0 and we are finding half the users are receiving an random authentication prompt. The prompt is titled 'Connect to ..server_name..' with the message 'Connecting to ..server_name..'. Similar to the prompt show here: http://www.conceptdevelopment.net/Search/CodePlex01/Setup08-Connect%20to%20TFS%20with%20CP%20credentials.png (but this is nothing to do with codeplex or TFS) If the user clicks cancel the prompt will bounce back, after clicking cancel four times it goes away and there is ...

HQ Client Product Key
I originally installed HQ Administrator, Manager, Server, and Client on the same machine. I entered the product key in the client and then relaized I didn't need the client on that machine but on a different one. I uninstalled HQ client and installed it on a different machine. Now when I go into HQ client it tells me that the product key has already been used and I need to purchase a new one. Why do I get this message when I have uninstalled the original install? Can someone please let me know how I can get past this? Thanks, Jocelyn You should be able to register via Phone,...

GP Client Looping on Open
We have an issue with a PC which is experiencing a looping issue when trying to open the GP software the first time. Basically, the first time GP 10.0 is opened it prompts to run GP Utilites in order to convert older data. We don't have anything to convert yet so we click Launch GP. This causes the whole process to start over. server is SQL 2005, clients are Windows XP Pro and most are limited users. Any ideas? Thanks, Check OS permissions on your Dex.ini file. GP requires that users have modify or RWXD permissions on most files in the GP folder Log in as the Administrator,...

No News is bad news
I am new to Outlook 2003 but have used Outlook Express for a long time. I want to be able to use newsgroups but am having a problem getting News set up. I followed the instructions from help, 1.. Add the News command to the Go menu. 1.. On the Standard toolbar, click the Toolbar Options arrow . 2.. Point to Add or Remove Buttons, and then click Customize. 3.. Click the Commands tab. 4.. In the Categories list, click Go. 5.. In the Commands list, click News, and drag it, without releasing the mouse, until it rests over the Go menu. When the menu displays a list of comm...

Exchange 2003 and Macintosh clients
With Outlook versions and Entourage on Macs is there anything on a Windows Server 2003 that needs to be installed? Services for Macintosh? I coulnd't find any good info on this. Thanks No Entourage uses imap4 to connect to the exchange server. You just need to enable the imap4 protocol from within exchange system manager under protocols >-----Original Message----- >With Outlook versions and Entourage on Macs is there anything on a Windows >Server 2003 that needs to be installed? Services for Macintosh? I coulnd't >find any good info on this. > >Than...

How To Access Thru News Server
"The messages are visible if you access the group directly using the news server, rather than via the unreliable web interface. -- David Biddulph" David made above comment earlier. How do you do that please? Thanks in advance for any replies. Saved from a previous post: If you're able (not behind a firewall at work???), you may want to connect directly to the MS newsservers. If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and paste into MSIE). news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.setup news://msnews.microsoft...

news
I can't seem to find the menu choice "news" in any place even when I try to locate it in the options or congifure modes. How do I get it to appear so that I can place it on my tooblar? Butch Cassidy wrote: > I can't seem to find the menu choice "news" in any place even when I > try to locate it in the options or congifure modes. How do I get it > to appear so that I can place it on my tooblar? This subject has been covered hundreds of times in the last few weeks: Go into Google Groups and enter the search text "Outlook 2003 New command missing"...

In case this group is gone from MS News Server
If you are still using MS News Server, please click at the link below in case MS removes this group from their server. MS is in the process of removing groups in favor of using their forums, but they are not going to create a forum for VB Classic, so use the following links instead: news://news.aioe.org/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion news://news.aioe.org/comp.lang.basic.visual.misc The above news server is free and doesn't require registration. Thanks! I'm curious, what's freedomcrowsnest.org all about? -- "Nobody" <nobody@nobody....

Outlook Laptop Client Issues
Hi There We are having issues with the outlook laptop client working correctly, it shows the errors as below. I have tried a new machine freshly installed. I can bring up the web client without being prompted for credentials, we have added both the ip and the dns name into the trusted site in internet explorer. We have tried removing the com addin then installing xml fix then adding in the addin again but still no joy. I can see quite a few threads going down the same road who are not getting anywhere. I have installed the client as per the instruction in microsoft text "8526 ...

client server communication #2
hi everybody!!! iam lolarak nth pandey, much new to develop client server application!! iam facing a problem on the server side code, here multiple users can't play the game ,have developed a poker game application,i have used mutex for this purpose,uses two threads,to do the work,i think there is some problem in handling the mutex ,please some body explain me that how can i make this applcation ,so that multiple client can play the game. have used vc +++ 7.1 mfc on the client side and on the server side i have used linux ,and c,c++ code. waiting for your kind reply!!! your lolarak ...

CRM LapTop client unistall and installation error on Outlook
Please find below the error I get on trying to REINSTALL the CRM Client ..Setup failed to determine whether a supported version of outlook is installed . Can any one help me. I removed registry entry values for MSCRM, Checked the log file, there was an entry saying : 14:04:33| Error| CRegKey:Open failed.(error = 5) (util.cpp:GetRegKeyValue:236). Can any one please help me to reinstall CRM laptop client. Thank you, Suresh Ok thanks I'll look into it however I do believe our goal is to be able to use Outlook off line. Will this help support this? ...

Check your email from IE client
When I am on the road, it would be very nice if I could check my email from the IE client and not have to use a VPN to connect to the office, then open Outlook. LDB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/N...

Hot News
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P><A title="Click here !" href="http://www.eurochat.tk"><FONT color=#000080>http://www.eurochat.tk</FONT></A>&nbsp;-&nbsp;Chat, IRC, client, free, little, fast, discussions, java, firewall, connection, online, world, direct, server, mIRC - in one word: <STRONG>EuroChat.Tk</STRONG> ! Here you can chat with your friends from any part of the globe - FOR...