Newbie Outlook user needs help post haste!

  As a new Outlook user, I'm still getting accustomed to logging in and all.
I've finally managed to do that, but when I click the "send/receive" button,
I get the following error message:

"Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is
being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it.  The
server responded: -ERR unable to lock mailbox"

Ok. That's pretty mind boggling. To me, anyway. Any suggestions would be
helpful and appreciated!
0
Kristine (9)

Kristine wrote:
>   As a new Outlook user, I'm still getting accustomed to logging in
> and all. I've finally managed to do that, but when I click the
> "send/receive" button, I get the following error message:
>
> "Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail
> message is being delivered to it or another mail application is
> accessing it.  The server responded: -ERR unable to lock mailbox"
>
> Ok. That's pretty mind boggling. To me, anyway. Any suggestions would
> be helpful and appreciated!

Does this happen all the time, regardless of what else you have open?
Is this an Internet mail account? I'd call the ISP/mail hosting company's
helpdesk.

0
lanwench (7566)

Back up messages in Outlook Express
How do I back up selected messages in my Inbox and in my Sent Items folder? Or alternatively, how do I back up the entire Inbox and Sent Items folder? Where do I find the .pst file that people are talking about? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ itsmetisa <itsmetisa.10q9q7@outlookforum.com> wrote: > How do I back up selected messages in my Inbox and in my Sent Items > folder? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. (Hint: www.tomsterdam.com)...

Exchange/Outlook
Outlook tries to look for mail on a decommisioned offline Exchange Server after migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Why? How do you correct? When you migrated from Exchange 5.5 to E2K3 did you also move all of the public and system folders? When the profile of the user is created on the OL client it caches the mailbox, public folder and system folder servers. If you have migrated to a new machine and the users were able to be proxied to their new server that information should be updated and cached, unless the public or system folders were not moved to the new machine. If the...

outlook #81
I rearranged outlook window and lost the number that shows how many messages remain on desktop. The number appears in the lower left corner. How do I get it back? Thanks Steve <s.crouse@snet.net> wrote: > I rearranged outlook window and lost the number that shows > how many messages remain on desktop. The number appears in > the lower left corner. How do I get it back? Thanks That's called the Status Bar and can be enabled with "View>Status Bar" -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.T...

Copying an Entire Outlook Email in 2007 (Ctrl-F in Outlook 2003)
I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. When I created an email message in Office 2003, I could hit Ctrl-F and it would copy the entire email and create a duplicate of the original email. In Office 2007, when I hit Ctrl-F the find function opens. Is there any way to copy an existing email and create a duplicate but separate email in Office 2007? The alternative is to create a new email, copy the text in the original email and paste it all into the second email. This is much slower. Using a mail merge is not appropriate because I have to put a unique attached fi...

Outlook 2003 (Creating new email)
I have been creating new email for several months now using Outlook 2003. While I was creating some new rules for emails, I must have changed a setting. Now when I attempt to create a new email, it pulls up a template with wierd fonts, some of my typing doesn't show up on my screen as I am inputting, my signature I had created doesn't show up, and it has a different feel than the before? Any idea what I have done and what I should do to restore my previous settings? ...

Using Outlook
I have AOL as my ISP....I use Outlook to read mail from several different websites (my own personal webpage, etc.) I have no trouble receiving my mail through outlook, but recently, I've experienced intermittent problems sending mail out through outlook. Does anyone else out there use outlook through aol? And I'm not talking about reading AOL email through outlook...... Your AOL connection is the most likely culprit - AOL doesn't "play nice with others". Have you contacted their tech support? Or considered getting another ISP? tom medeiros wrote: > I have A...

add appointments from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003
Hi there, I have sent my appointments made in Outlook 2002 via e- mail to Outlook 2003. Unfortunately, I cannot save them in my new Calendar. Thank you! I would really apreciate your sugestions. Why not? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, dana asked: | Hi there, | I have sent my appointments made in Outlook 2002 via e- | mail to Outlook 2003. Unfortunat...

request help on enumeration/numbering algorithm
I have a bunch of dots that I draw on a form and connect them with lines. I have 3 basic groups of dots within a larger group (of which I have hundreds of the larger groups - meaning I will have nearly 1000 of the individual dot groups). I need to color code these dots with 3 separate colors. So starting with a counter at 1 -- the 1 dots group will be blue (for example) and 2 dots group will be yellow, the 3 dots group will be purple -- this is for the first big group. In the 2nd big group we have the 4 dots group (blue), the 5 dots group (yellow), the 6 dots group (purple). Then ...

cannot connect to outlook
After configuring a fresh install of outlook 2007 to access my company's exchange 2003 server on my windows vista ultimate 64bit, I try multiple times to enter my password to access my account and it does not work. Error message is "The connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Clicking the ok response pops up a microsoft exchange window with a general tab with two fields, name of exchange server and mailbox. Clicking ok or cancel results in a new error message "cannot open your default e-mail folder...

Posting message to a thread
Hello group... A few days back I posted a question about passing data from a secondary thread back to the main application thread. I received some really useful (and enlightening responses!)... I hope I'll get equally great answers to this one too... Well, this time I'm looking at various available options of sending a notification message from the main thread to a secondary one. Actually, I need to notify the secondary thread of a timer event. i.e. when the timer fires, I need to notify the secondary thread to stop its execution. Do I absolutely need to have a user-interfac...

how do i change font size of views in Outlook?
how do i change font size of views in Outlook? 1.. On the View menu, point to Arrange By, point to Current View, and then click the view you want. 2.. On the View menu, point to Arrange By, point to Current View, and then click Customize Current View. 3.. Click Other Settings. 4.. Select the options you want, and then click OK. Regards Mark Dormer "conniemm7" <conniemm7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1400B628-9B67-494D-831E-01F4F8DF5665@microsoft.com... > how do i change font size of views in Outlook? ...

Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm
Hello, I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C). I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon. After creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM". If I go back in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using Outlook 2003, then everythi...

Outlook Faults out when other when mail is opened and other users Calendars are selected:
Hello all (especially MS) Got one that has me stumped here and I'd love to see some suggestions or possibly a confirmation that this is a bug of some kind: Got an end-user who manages the calendars of multiple executives. As such she has delegated access to all of their calendars. The Back-Office system is as follows: Active/Active/Passive Exchange 2003 SP2 Mail Server running on Windows 2003 SP1, along with 3 Front-End Servers (two SMTP and One OWA/OMA/ActiveSync Host). Client - Windows XP SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2, all updates pushed to system via WSUS. Basically Outlook Blows w...

I'm a New user Asking for help!
how do i mutiply more than one column each time. Hi not really sure what you're trying to achieve. Could you give an example -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "09lawrencej@gaggle.net" <09lawrencej@gaggle.net@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8503AC40-616A-493B-BAA3-6B9D4BB27512@microsoft.com... > how do i mutiply more than one column each time. What do you really mean? Do you want to multiply several columns wit the same number? 09lawrencej@gaggle.net Wrote: > how do i mutiply more than one column each time -- BenjieLo -----------...

how to stop outlook sync email beyond 30 days?
Hi, I just reload office in the new Win 7 system and setup email in outlook to retrieve from IMAP account. Outlook now is trying to retrieve the entire email which contain thousands of old email from last few years. So, how do I set a limit that it willonly retrieve email from last 30 days? Thanks Move them to another folder via the web access to your account and set Outlook not to sync that folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www...

MDA on General Posting Edit List
I included MDA info on GL Posting Edit List by establishing relationship between Allocation Amount Temporary table and Transaction Analysis Group, then set a few restriction in the report. It takes more than 10 minutes to print (>50,000 record in DTA10200). I doubt it is due to the table relationship and restriction used. Anyone can share his/her experience is much aprpeciated. TQ in advance. ...

Outlook Preview Pane and ability a catch viruses
Is there a possibility to catch viruses easily just by having Outlook Preview Pane ? Amila It is possible, yes. Check here to get more info and some good protection tips: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/antivirus.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Amila Chandrasekera" <amilanc@spss.com> wrote in message news:evCim22uDHA.2060@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a possibility to catch viruses easily just by having Outlook > Preview ...

Need help with http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212686
I am trying to use the KB article at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212686 to increment an Invoice number automatically. I am confused about where they want me to put the code. They make refference to storing the code in a "Protected form template" I don't know what this is. Can someone please help Thanks That's for Word isn't it. Try John's solution at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "John" <anywhere@s.com> wrote in message news:OwiWKS0pFHA.1948@...

Outlook 2010 Beta CRASHES
I get the following on my Windows 7 laptop whether connected to my network, VPN, etc. Nothing I have seen suggests any fix. I did install a KB for Word 2010 that could have potentially been a "fix" but alas no. Anyone have suggestions? Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 3/3/2010 9:43:14 AM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: PODNET01.rsi.corp Description: Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 14.0.4536.1000, time stamp: 0x4af1...

Newbie, accnts. payable & accnts.receivable sample DB
Hi guys, I�m running access 2003, windows xp pro SP2 I've been commission in my work to do a small application to track and report the accounts payable and accounts receivable movements, I'm not an accounting savvy person :(, does anyone know of a link or sample access database that can help me with the basic structure of the tables and reports?, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

how to aviod outlook pst file created locally? #2
I am using postfix as MTA and storing pst file on server. But everytime there is a network problem (ie. disconnect), outlook will create a new local pst file(coz it can't find the network path to the pst file). Because of that i had to manually go to reconfigure the default delivery to the correct path (after network back on line). I just want to know if there is a way to aviod outlook to not create a pst file while user still able to open outlook? Or is there a way to allow outlook automatically look for the pst on network (when LAN connection resotre)? Its a pain to manually re-configur...

outlook autosuggest
Hello. I've just configured a new Desktop for a user. We use pop email with Outlook 2002. I imported his entire .pst file and it replicated all folders, contacts etc. on the new desktop. I have autosuggest enabled for email addresses. This user depended on the feature that auto suggested addresses he previously sent mail to, even though the addresses were not in his contact list. With the new desktop, that information cache is missing, so he can't auto suggest these previously emailed addresses. Can I tranfer those cached addresses to the new desktop? Where are they located? Thanks, ...

Outlook 2007 Contacts, Activities tab
Hi, I just found the Activities button for Outlook contacts. It would be really cool, but for me it's incredibly slow, much slower than when I do a search for that person using Windows Search. Do you know if contacts-activities uses -- or can be configured to use -- Windows Search? Thanks, Doug -- hanhartd http://forums.slipstick.com No, it can't. Generally speaking, once it does the search its much faster for at least the next few days. Because you're searching in a window, you can go work on other things in Outlook while the search completes. -- D...

Visio Newbie
Hello all, this is my first time using Visio for drawing a floor plan and I have a quick question. Yesterday, (Using a tape measure) I mapped out the floor plan of an office my company might be moving into. I wrote everything down in Inches. Is there a way once I get a room shape kinda close to teh measurements, that I can manually type in teh length for each wall? if not in inches, at least in feet. For example, I have one wall that is 154 inches ( 12.83 ft) Then the next wall is 242 incehs( 20.1 ft) The opposite wall of the first measurement is 288 inches, third wall 100 inches, then 13...