Newbie e-mail question

Hi all.

I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help.

I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some
simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created
in Powerpoint by someone else.  Looks fine on my screen.

Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I
first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the
receiving end. It looks a mess!  The text boxes are all over the
place, as is the text that is not in a box.  Also, everything slide
over to the left hand margin a little bit, so the e-mail I received
chopped off part of the left side of the graphics/text.

I tried protecting as a read only file, and that helped a little bit,
but not enough.

Someone please tell me how I can change my document to ensure that all
recepients have a nicely formatted document.

Thanks in advance.
0
mrnevarez (5)

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 03:56:11 GMT, Mike <mrnevarez@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help.
>
>I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some
>simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created
>in Powerpoint by someone else.  Looks fine on my screen.
>
>Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I
>first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the
>receiving end. It looks a mess!  The text boxes are all over the
>place, as is the text that is not in a box.  Also, everything slide
>over to the left hand margin a little bit, so the e-mail I received
>chopped off part of the left side of the graphics/text.
>
>I tried protecting as a read only file, and that helped a little bit,
>but not enough.
>
>Someone please tell me how I can change my document to ensure that all
>recepients have a nicely formatted document.

Send it as an attachment to a message, not as the body of the message.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Chicago, Illinois, USA

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Mike" <mrnevarez@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hi all.
>
> I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help.
>
> I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some
> simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created
> in Powerpoint by someone else.  Looks fine on my screen.
>
> Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I
> first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the
> receiving end. It looks a mess!  The text boxes are all over the
> place, as is the text that is not in a box.  Also, everything slide
> over to the left hand margin a little bit, so the e-mail I received
> chopped off part of the left side of the graphics/text.
>
> I tried protecting as a read only file, and that helped a little bit,
> but not enough.
>
> Someone please tell me how I can change my document to ensure that all
> recepients have a nicely formatted document.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Really simple questions re CSliderCtrl
Using SetSelection() I can get a CSliderCtrl to display a highlighted selection ... but so what? What use is it other than to look pretty? Which of the following is possible, and how do I do them? (1) Prevent the user from moving the thumb outside the highlighted range. (This seems to be what the documentation suggests that SetSelection does, but in fact it doesn't, the thumb can be moved outside the selection.) (2) Have the user change the selection. (The documentation seems to suggest this is possible, but I can find no combination of keystrokes or mouse actions that will do it.) -- ...

Preventing incoming e-mail from a particular address with Exchange 2003
How can I reject an incoming e-mail from a particular e-mail address with Exchange Server 2003? Thanks, Tim On your Exchange 2003 server go to: Start=>>Programs=>>Microsoft Exchange=>>System Manager Expand your site (Domain)=>>expand Global Settings Right click Message delivery and click Properties Select the Sender Filtering Tab Type in the address you want to filter and check the "Drop connection if adress matches filter" box. You can filter an entire Domain by putting a * before the @ in a domain address. Exapmle: *@somedomain.com >-----Original M...

Newbie, accnts. payable & accnts.receivable sample DB
Hi guys, I�m running access 2003, windows xp pro SP2 I've been commission in my work to do a small application to track and report the accounts payable and accounts receivable movements, I'm not an accounting savvy person :(, does anyone know of a link or sample access database that can help me with the basic structure of the tables and reports?, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Mail not visible in shared mailbox
Outlook 2k3 sp2 talking to exchange 2k3 sp2. We have a shared mailbox. If I go to a users desk, create a profile to that shared mailbox, and open it, I see all mail properly. That is, the message count in the inbox says 19, 2 unread, I see 19 and the 2 unread. If I create a new profile, and point it to the users own mailbox, open it, add in the shared mailbox, the shared mailbox will show a message count of say, 19, but only 12 emails will be visible. Also, the unread mail count shows, but the unread mail does not. So far, I have tried the /cleanviews switch on the shared mailbox, a...

lost e-mails 05-25-10
HELP! I went on vacation and came back to work to find that a multitude of folders in with emails are nowhere to be found in Windows Mail. Is there any way to find them or get back them back? You can search for *.eml and see what you find. See also = www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx for background. cheers, steve "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:A5F6B78D-6097-454C-B429-0B421AED1C1C@microsoft.com... > HELP! I went on vacation and came back to work to find that a = multitude of=20 > folders in with emails are nowhere to...

The "Resolve Anonymous e-mail" Option
Can someone give me information on what, precisely, this Exchange option does? I've discovered that our Exchange server (which recieves incoming mail from the internet) has this option turned on in the SMTP VS. The person who originally configured the server would have turned this on but he is no longer with us and cannot be reached. From what I've read, when turned on it instructs Exchange to resolve incoming From: addresses of anonymous senders with the Global Address List so that when the message arrives in a user's mail box, it's listed as from the "Display Name&quo...

Visio Newbie
Hello all, this is my first time using Visio for drawing a floor plan and I have a quick question. Yesterday, (Using a tape measure) I mapped out the floor plan of an office my company might be moving into. I wrote everything down in Inches. Is there a way once I get a room shape kinda close to teh measurements, that I can manually type in teh length for each wall? if not in inches, at least in feet. For example, I have one wall that is 154 inches ( 12.83 ft) Then the next wall is 242 incehs( 20.1 ft) The opposite wall of the first measurement is 288 inches, third wall 100 inches, then 13...

receiving mails errors on Exchange 2003
Hi, I've installed an MS SBS 2003, I've configured the exchange 2003 to my domain, but the problem is that I can send email's to some domain (there is one domain that I can't send to) but I can't receive from any domain. (MTA, POP3, exchange routing engine, management, exchange system attendant and exchange information store services are running) Can this be a problem of any default security (firewalls) settings that is installed by default with SBS 2003??? if yes, what I need to do? If anyone of you had this problem before or know the resolution of that, I'll be very ...

General design question
hi! i'd like to design a class - let's call it CDrawObject - that is able to contain some data and draw itself. furthermore i'd like to have a class CDrawMultiObject that is derived from CDrawObject and can contain objects of type CDrawObject. i imagine to have the following situation: CDrawMultiObject -> base object (i.e. an object manager ) CDrawObject -> first element CDrawObject -> secound element CDrawMultiObject -> third element CDrawObject -> first element CDrawObject...

E-mailing problems
Dear all, I encountered several problems with the email functionality within dynamics CRM 4.0. Here are the problems: - Direct mailing When sending a mail to more than two contacts the mails are never delivered. Sending an email to a single contact, it works fine. Sending an email to more the one contact via the standard email activity works also fine. - Quick campaign After creating a quick campaign and sending the email, the status reason is still pending and not delivering the emails. There are no entries within the quick campaing except the reason status and the contacts selected. ...

E-mail signature: problem with tables
I have created an e-mail signature using a table to control the layout and formatting. This is fine until I reply or forward a message, as the signature then joins to the message I am trying to forward/reply to. I have gone into Advanced Edit > Table > Table Properties and set the text wrapping to 'None', which seems to work. However, when I make any edits to the signature it resets the table wrapping back to 'around', so that I get the problem repeated. Any ideas? EssexSi <EssexSi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created an e-mail signature ...

Outlook 2003 connecting to mail server problem
I have three mail boxes set up at my Mail Hosting company (I have my own domain). Each mail box connects to the same mail server for my domain. Each mail account is set up separately as POP in Outlook 2003 and they are set to connect at different time intervals. During the day, I get frequent error messages from Outlook saying either it can't connect to the server or it timed out waiting for a response from the server. This does NOT happen to all accounts every time, but seems to be at random. It's NOT the same account each time that gets this message, and it could be one, two o...

Duplicate e-mail
Very weird problem: I am somehow getting copies of every message being sent to a new user account I created on my Exchange 2003 server. He is getting all his messages but I am also getting copies of every single one! No delivery options have been set. Any ideas? Thanks. Are you an alternate recipient? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Donovan" <Donovan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44D64912-3668-48A0-A60E-DC57F68EEE33@microsoft.com... > Very weird problem: > > I am somehow getting ...

Exchange newbie problem
Hi all; A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though they can get there mail just fine. We need to get the messages from this mailbox. Any ideas would be great -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it's a dry heat. you should be able to reconnec...

C++ / Access Newbie
Hi Folks... I have a small commercial package written in C++ (targeted to Windows platforms) that uses its own proprietary database. We are just starting to investigate the option of replacing our database with a commercial package, such as Access or MySQL. Can anyone recommend informative reading that provides details on programming C++ with either of these two databases? At this stage we have no (any I mean ZERO) experience such programming. Any information would be helpful: recommendations for Access over MySQL (or vice versa), sources of such comparisons, licensing considerations, OD...

Automized E-mail dispatch
Hi! I am looking for a way to automatically send an email each monday from a machine with no user logged in. Problem is, the mail needs to contain one of these outlook survey fields where receipients can click "Yes I have read this email and understood its contence" or something like that. Is there a way to do that without actually starting up outlook? Kind Regards Fabienne fabienne.rakusan@gmx.at <fabienne.rakusan@gmx.at> wrote: > I am looking for a way to automatically send an email each monday from > a machine with no user logged in. There MUST be a user logged i...

Copying E-mail to a windows folder
Greetings group. I am wondering if anyone here can help me out with a problem. I was asked today if there is any way to have outlook, or Outlook Express for that matter, save a copy of an incoming e-mail to a regular Windows folder. The situation is as follows: We have several people in the field who supply us with data via e-mail on a daily basis. Ideally, rather than everyone receiving a copy of these e-mails in their inbox, we would like to have a central repository for these e-mails on our server where our office staff can go in and read the mails that are of interest to them when they...

newbie
joining the group Hey Newbie where are you from and what versiona re you using? Fliehigh "cthomas23@hotmail.com" wrote: > joining the group > ...

CRM 4.0 activity workflow question
Hello, I am attempting to create a workflow that first checks to see if a contact has a certain value selected in a picklist, then creates a phone call activity for that contact every 90 days. I seemed to understand CRM 3.0 workflows better than the new version and I cannot get this right. In the old version, I did something like " check this condition, wait 90 days, create the phone call activity and run the subprocess" (which ran the first workflow). I have tried many different ways of doing this, but none of them seem to work. Does anyone know how to create this workflow ...

Question about Excel (Office) auditing/changes
I have a document that will need to be posted on a website available for users to download & change/approve. The approval process will not make any changes at all to the document. However, I do need to know they've opened the document. Is there a way to get the name/machine/ip or something regarding who opens a file and when they open it? If so, I would like to do something like that, and either write it to something in the spreadsheet or as an audit trail in a database. If there's no way to do this, I am considering writing a small app that requires them to sign in (somet...

Import OE rules into windows Live Mail?
Is there a way to Import Outlook Express message rules into Windows Live Mail? Any solution is of interest...even if it involves a registry edit or additional software. Thanks! On the same machine or a different machine ? Installing WLM on the same machine as OE migrates messages, accounts and = rules. - Have you attempted the above (Y/N) If Y, did you allow WLM enough time to index the migrated = messages(ie..best done by walking away and checking the status. Messages = will be imported to the Storage folder/Imported Folders If you did not attempt the above, why ? - ie....

Outlook Express Deleted e-mails
On Win XP, outlook, I can open the Deleted Items, Click "Tools" and I can undelete "Deleted" e-mails. On my home computer, I have Win ME (Junk) with Outlook Express. I know It dosn't have the same function as above, my question is "is there a back door or file location" My daughter deleted a really important e-mail by accident and I really need to retreive it if possible. You can reply directly back to me if you want pruettc@masirv.com Thanks for taking the time to read this. Chris You can only recover deleted items in Outlook connected to an Ex...

Export e-mail accounts 2003?
No doubt the information is somewhere, but... How do I export e-mail accounts? This function was available on earlier versions of Outlook, but not it seems, 2003. I want to e-mail an account setting, to another user, so they can import the account settings, and go straight to e-mail, without the hassle of setting up the shared e- mail account in their own Outlook. ideas please, regards. Unfortunately the functionallity that you speaking of does not exist in Outlook 2003. I do not know why it was decided to not include it in Outlook 2003 when it was in previous versions but if you wo...

Windows mail problem 07-16-10
Tried to log into my optonline account and received the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Can anyone decipher this for me? What is the issue? You should not be using advanced ports or SSL, see http://optimum.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/optimum.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2397&p_created=1237397986&p_sid=ZbGnw*4k&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZ...

Autocad opens when e-mail is double clicked
I have a user on Outlook 2000, with Exchange 2000, and also has Autocad Mechanical 2004 installed. When he clicks an e-mail to read it, Autocad opens. Any idea why this would happen? ...