newb question - multiple email accounts

Hi all, new Outlook 2003 user here with a problem.  Here's the issue: I have 2 email accounts in my life, a hotmail account, and my work email account.  I've set them both up as seperate email accounts in Outlook, and both work just fine.  But here's the rub:  In order to connect to my work email account (which is set-up as an exchange server email account) I have to first connect using VPN software on my PC.  I only really want to check my work email once or twice a month, so therefore I don't want to fire-up my VPN software every time I open Outlook.  My hotmail, on the other hand, I like to check daily.  What I want to have happen is this:  Be able to keep my work email account "offline" when I open Outlook, but have my hotmail account be "online."  When I do actually want to check my work email, I will start the VPN software, then "switch" the account online.   I've tried adjusting many different settings in Outlook to accomplish this, but it seems like either both accounts are online, or both are offline.
If anyone has any ideas or solutions I'd be very appreciative.
0
anonymous (74718)

If it's just an issue of automatic sending and receiving, you can either
remove your work account from the default Send/Receive group or create two
new Send/Receive groups, one for your Hotmail account and one for work, then
specify that you only want the Hotmail account checked automatically.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:344BC3E4-245C-465B-9C15-5A54E713E4DA@microsoft.com,
Alex wrote:

> Hi all, new Outlook 2003 user here with a problem.  Here's the issue:
> I have 2 email accounts in my life, a hotmail account, and my work
> email account.  I've set them both up as seperate email accounts in
> Outlook, and both work just fine.  But here's the rub:  In order to
> connect to my work email account (which is set-up as an exchange
> server email account) I have to first connect using VPN software on
> my PC.  I only really want to check my work email once or twice a
> month, so therefore I don't want to fire-up my VPN software every
> time I open Outlook.  My hotmail, on the other hand, I like to check
> daily.  What I want to have happen is this:  Be able to keep my work
> email account "offline" when I open Outlook, but have my hotmail
> account be "online."  When I do actually want to check my work email,
> I will start the VPN software, then "switch" the account online.
> I've tried adjusting many different settings in Outlook to accomplish
> this, but it seems like either both accounts are online, or both are
> offline. If anyone has any ideas or solutions I'd be very
> appreciative.

Personal accounting/bookkeeping in Excel
I'm looking for something like Quicken/Quickbooks and I'm open to using Excel to doing this. It will mean some programming, but that is fine since it gives me complete control over my destiny. I didn't find much on this on the 'net, so I was wondering if anyone has done this? What were the problems? Any other advice? Is there some way to do online banking/bill paying via Excel? Thanks, Dave What level of accuracy do you require in your reporting? If you need only to keep accurate records of transactions for your personal finances, then you can do this in Excel of...

managed account test
This is a test to see if I'm showing up as a managed account. Craig ------=_NextPart_0001_0CDA8EB0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Craig, Thank you for posting this. You are still not showing up; and I have sent off another request since I was told it was resolved. Thank you in advance for your patience on this issue. Todd Berger Microsoft Online Support Engineer Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security ===================================================== When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so...

General Excel Question
Dear Experts I work for a large company. The spreadsheet I often use has as all worksheets its name listed above the toolbar. But also includes a semicolon (:) after the name and a number. What I would like to know what the number after the name represents. Could one of you experts satisfy my curiosity. Regards Hans You have more than one window open in the workbook. To close the additional windows, click the lower X at the top right of the Excel window. There's a picture here: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#TwoWindows The additional windows are created if you choose...

Problem receiving emails / MS Exchange 2000
How can I configure my Exchange server to allow emails messages that contain a return address which don't match the sender's address. ? This is happening when a vendor is trying to reply to an email addresss sent from my organization but the vendor is using a different address to reply to the email. Please help.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I configure my Exchange server to allow emails messages that contain >a return address which don't match the sender's address. ? Yu mean when there's a "Reply...

outlook question #6
I need to know if its possible to have a MANDATORY read- response reply. I understand that Outlook has the capability to request a read-response, but I need to KNOW that the email has been read (opened). Please help. what outlook are you using? "Alexis Russ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ca6001c48a3c$6e534bc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need to know if its possible to have a MANDATORY read- > response reply. I understand that Outlook has the > capability to request a read-response, but I need to KNOW > that the email has been read (...

Question about e-mail, reception of
HI!! I would like to know if there's any way for me to now if a message I send yesterday has been read. I know about the 'Read Receipt Request' obtion but at the time of the e- mail I didn't checked the option. So can I still know if this important e-mail has been read at all..... Thank in advance for any help, suggestions.... PAtrick ...

question
I am trying to work with a database of names and adresses. Currently the customers information is in one colum. Is it possible to move it into a row so names are contained in one collom business name in another, street address another, and city, state and zip another. If they are separated by commas or some delimiter other than a space, then yes. For example John Doe, 123 Main St., Anywhere, ND, 12345 However If you only have a space as the delimiter, then Data|Text to Columns will put each word in a separate cell, and that would be a mess. PC "mark" <mark@midway...

Silly questions about reports and comboboxes
Hi all. I know I'll feel really silly when the answer is posted but... I have a report. I tried it two different ways. 1. Based on a query of given tables 2. Based on the tables themselves. (not too much data, no need for anything elaborate) Here's my problem: My tables look up information in a third table to create a dropdown menu. When I run my report, it is showing EVERY item that is available in the dropdown (complete with the scrollbar!!!) How do I make it put in the selection. It's currently highlighted in the dropdown as displayed on the report, but t...

Entourage Opening Emails Automatically
I just notice this in the last two days. When I click on a message in my inbox it opens automatically. I used to have to double-click to open a message. This is especially bad if I am trying to select what I suspect are spam messages to delete them because it is automatically opening them when I choose them in the list. If I'm trying to select multiple emails to move them to a folder it opens all the messages. Has anyone seen this behavior or know what to do to stop it? I am not using the preview pane. ...

Outlook Email #5
My email stays in the outbox. Even after opening it and clicking send, it will not leave the outbox. I get an error message indicating there might be a problem with registration issues and that I should reinstall the program. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the program, but this did not solve the problem ...

MSCRM
When an email is sent from MSCRM and is replied to by the end user, where is the reply located w/in CRM? probably a stupid question, but I'm testing out the e-mail router functionality, and I sent out a message (which the user received with the tag in the subject line, they replied directly to it) but I can't find it in MSCRM Thanks for the response! -Dave Vandenberghe dave@global-image.com Go to the Workplace section. "Dave Vandenberghe" <dave@global-image.com> wrote in message news:uDXZxo0YDHA.388@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When an email is sent from MSCRM a...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

CRM 1.2 compatibility with 'MAUS' business and accounting software
Is Maus compatible with CRM 1.2? Does anyone know? ...

Sum Product Question
I have a spreadsheet with the following columns. Business Group (1, 2, 3) Employee Status (ACTIVE, TERM) Performance Score (1 through 9) Potential Score (1 through 4) I need to figure out the average performance and potential scores fo every cominbation of Business Group and Status. What is the simplest way using SUMPRODUCT to do this? I know will nee mulitple formulas to get this done but I am at a loss particualry ho to count the scores up for a total as some of the data is missing and don't want to count ones where data is missing. Thanks, Ada -- Message posted from http://www....

emails gone
Using Windows email with Vista and I sat down to check emails and they are not showing up- they are no longer in date order and I cannot see any current ones that are coming through. Went and checked the View settings and it is fine- how do I find my emails and get them back in date order? You can sort the order by which your emails are listed by simply = clicking on the appropriate column header (Subject, From, Sent, etc.). --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "odafry" <odafry@discussio...

3 user is not able to send email out of the domain
3 user out of 25 users in the domain cannot send emails out of the Domain. What can cause this? Exchange on SBS2003 what error message do they receive? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Bosco" <Bosco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1330281-06BD-463B-B3F8-D05BD4AD3E5F@microsoft.com... > 3 user out of 25 users in the domain cannot send emails out of the Domain. > What can cause this? > > Exchange on SBS2003 ...

Attn: Allen Browne - Old Question
Allen - I haven't tried doing the response that you gave me regarding the question below. I'm having a major senior moment and can't figure out what the DLookup syntax would be. Any help? BTW the table name is tblContractorProjects... Thanks Jeff ----------------------------------------- Use the BeforeUpdate event procedure of the form to perform the validation. Use DLookup() to see if an overlapping entry exists in the table. Assuming contractStartDate and contractEndDate are required fields (so you don't have to handle overlapping dates when one of the fields is b...

Mobile User Issue and Questions
We've been using Exchange 2k3 and Windows Mobile 5 devices provided by Verizon to connect our mobile users. We found that the Treo seems to be the most reliable devices but some users complain about the small keyboard. More importantly we have users who travel out side the country and want to be able to retrieve their email and stay in contact with the main office. Q1) What is the best solution for these users when they travel out of the country. I'm not apposed to changing provides if that is necessary. Q2) We've also considered blackberry but want to make sure we can sti...

Emails with Excel attachments disappear
Having this problem across several PCs, some emails with Excel attachments are disappearing when Outlook 2k3 receives them. If I send one of these Excel files (some go through fine, some don't), I can check the mail logs on our sendmail server, it is received, delivered to the recipients e-mail box, and I can view it in Webmail and download the attachment as long as Outlook hasn't tried to receive the email. Once Outlook receives the email, it deletes it from the server and it never appears in on the client machine. No filters in place on the recipient PC, other emails from ...

When I type a ? in my email I get a E'
Anyone know why? Thanks. -- Catrinka ...

Question Outlook
A person is opening a shared calendar in Outlook 2007. This calander is edited by two assistants in different time Zones. There is the message when one assistant is trying to edit a date. "Cannot update the appointment because the corresponding item in the folder you synchronized does not match this item. To resolve the confilct , open the item. Do you want to open the item now?" The only Microsoft fix is from Outlook 2000 Tools\Options\Preferences\Calendar Options Click to Clear "Always use local calendar" This option is not in Outlook 2007 that I can see. Any re...

Blocking Internet User From sending emails
Hi All, How can I block certain internet user from sending emails to our exchange 2003 domain only this user.Because he sent bad emails to ourdomain users since he was one of our employee and he knows emails addresses of our employee. thank alot. Hi You can do what you have asked via Exchange System Manager | Message Delivery | Sender filtering tab, then just click add to block that email address. You will then need to navigate to the following path in Excange System Manager: Servers EmailServerName Protocols SMTP Right click properties on Default SMTP Virtual...

Excel 2003 question about help menu
I use Excel 2003 OFF-LINE. I find myself extremely limited and frustrated with the "menu approach" that it uses as well as the set number of items it will display as the result of a keyword search. The main problem for me ATM is that I know that the functions are categorized into say eight categories, e.g., text, but I don't always remember all of them. In the past, a search in Help would return a list of those categories from which I could quickly and easily navigate around to doublecheck my understanding. Search results in Excel 2003 are erratic, and trying to find the list...

Exmerg Question
Hello CAn i export emails from inboxes to .pst's uing exmerg from a SBS running exchange 2003 server in its own forest and then take these exported .pst's and import them using Exmerge to mailboxes on a Exchange 2003 server in another forest? Thanks Absolutely yes. "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D75FE31-57B4-476F-8134-A77DD43B6DA0@microsoft.com... > Hello > > CAn i export emails from inboxes to .pst's uing exmerg from a SBS running > exchange 2003 server in its own forest and then take these exported .pst's ...

solve the questions
i am beginer in vc++ .i want help in the following questions. 1. A psrent window have more than two childs.Both are derived from same class .Example , ::OnClick() { CChattingWindow* m_chatwindow=new CChattingWindow(); m_chatwindow->Create (IDD_CHATWINDOW); m_chatwindow->ShowWindow (1); } CChattingWindow is a separeate class. it has one richedit ctrl. The parent window has three childs A ,B,C (drived from CChattingWindow). A Parent window wants to sent message to the child A(only).How it's possible.explain with coding(or example).But both B & D should not receive the messag...