New Office/Lotus connector

I have been using outlook since the beginning and have developed many
customized features.  When I joined a new company that was on the
lotus platform, I used the lotus connector to "fit in" with the
serveer infrastructure.  This worked pretty well.

Now they have forced an upgrade to the latest in Lotus as well as
office 2007.  Problem is that the MS lotus connector is not being
upgraded to 2007 (please confirm?).  Also, I have found that Word 2007
mail merge doesn't work with Outlook XP.  So I cannot selectively
upgrade to Word 2007, while keeping Outlook XP and the Lotus
connector.  The new Lotus platform does not seem to pose a problem.

I have viewed on other posts that installation of the Domino server
with the  Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook is the solution, but
this installation has not worked for me so far.  The installation
directions given suggested some changes to the Path variable, which I
tried, but failed.

My machine is Windows XP.

I pray to the group that someone can give me detailed help with this
problem, or maybe has some relevant experiences to share.

Best regards,

Sulli.

At this time, Microsoft is not planning on releasing an updated connector. I
have no idea if Domino will.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"sulli" <Patrick.A.Sullivan@AMPF.com> wrote in message
>I have been using outlook since the beginning and have developed many
> customized features.  When I joined a new company that was on the
> lotus platform, I used the lotus connector to "fit in" with the
> serveer infrastructure.  This worked pretty well.
>
> Now they have forced an upgrade to the latest in Lotus as well as
> office 2007.  Problem is that the MS lotus connector is not being
> upgraded to 2007 (please confirm?).  Also, I have found that Word 2007
> mail merge doesn't work with Outlook XP.  So I cannot selectively
> upgrade to Word 2007, while keeping Outlook XP and the Lotus
> connector.  The new Lotus platform does not seem to pose a problem.
>
> I have viewed on other posts that installation of the Domino server
> with the  Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook is the solution, but
> this installation has not worked for me so far.  The installation
> directions given suggested some changes to the Path variable, which I
> tried, but failed.
>
> My machine is Windows XP.
>
> I pray to the group that someone can give me detailed help with this
> problem, or maybe has some relevant experiences to share.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Sulli.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

Looking for Microsoft Office Binary File Format or File Signature data
I have an application which obtains numerous "unidentifiable" files with no file extension, via FTP, and would like to run some sort of binary filter on it to identify PPT, DOC, XLS file formats. I did fine this: http://www.garykessler.net/library/file_sigs.html But it seems a messy way of accomplishing this, and is incomplete. Any clues as to finding the binary record format and/or file signatures of Office documents (Office 2000 and greater). - Thanks ...

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Setting up second virtual server/connector for smart host for only select users
I currently have one domain and SMTP virtual server defined to handle all mail including internet email. We have our own MX record. Occasionally I have one user who will need to send a mass mailing based on our customer database and this clogs the system. My thought was to define a second SMTP virtual server/connector that would route the email to a smart host (our service provider offers this service). If I could direct this specific user to use this service for the mass mailing, would it help the situation? If yes, how would I go about doing it - have the two SMTP server definitions coe...

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

Button "New Account" in Sub-Accountsview opens Parent account
When I open an account, and then go to the subaccounts of that account, I click on the Button "New Account" to create a new subaccount for this account. Instead of opening a new account form, the application opens the original Account form. Anybody an idea how this is possible? Regards, Sanne groenhof -- MSCRM, hosted as ASP, and configured for your business. Sanne, Have you installed any specific toolbars in your Internet Explorer? Like google toolbar/msn toolbar? -- Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Sanne" wrote: > When I open an account, and then go to...

new to old
hi, A web designing company has just done us a website, and part of it includes the database of our stock. They have written/created it on access xp, but we have only got and old version of access. Can we open/use/update files written in access xp on an older version of access? thanks very much jethro Hi Jethro, It depends. By default Access 2002 (XP) uses the Access 2000 file format, so if you have Access 2000 you may be able to use the database as is. However, if the database is in the form of an mde file created by Access 2002 it will be in Access 2002 format. Otherwise (i.e. if t...

New Accounts on Exchange 2003
This week I entered two new people and the reciepent policy is not providing the necessary email addresses. Of course without those, the GAL does not get updated and no one can email them. I have Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 with a w2k AD. Any suggestions for jump starting the default reciepent policy? Omer, Thanks for the response. The Recipient Update Service was scheduled for once an hour. I changed it to every 15 minutes. I also tried the "Update Now" feature. For both of these, there were no events generated. I remember setting up trace logs earlier this y...

new columns created from "&nbsp;"
I have a bunch of data in a column and it is "separated" by "&nbsp;". The data was imported from an online database. Is there a way to create columns within the current workbook from where the &nbsp; appears? (much like importing a text file) TIA, Greg Greg Wilker wrote: > I have a bunch of data in a column and it is "separated" by "&nbsp;". > > The data was imported from an online database. > > Is there a way to create columns within the current workbook from where the > &nbsp; appears? (much like importing a te...

create new folder is always greyed out-why?
"Create new folder" is always greyed out-why? ...