new office 2003 outlook

My email account is set up exactly like the old office,
old earthlink set-ups, old folders, etc., yet i cannot
Send/Receive in the new Outlook 2003.  Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74718)

SOunds exactly like my problem with OL2003 as posted today:
    URGENT: OL2003: can receive e-mail ONLY ONCE (?!?)
Except that I can't get ANY account to work.
btw it's all POP3 with me, and I can receive them exactly on the first start
of OL2003 after creaton of the profile and the accounts settings, and no
more after OL2003 has been closed and re-opened.

Philotech
"Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> My email account is set up exactly like the old office,
> old earthlink set-ups, old folders, etc., yet i cannot
> Send/Receive in the new Outlook 2003.  Any ideas?

0
Philotech

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Outlook Issue #7
I am using Outlook2003SP1 with Exchange 2003. When I first start outlook and open either a message or a calendar request when I press the button(s) or select from the menu any of these functions; send, reply, forward, reply to all, accept, decline, print, permissions, follow up, previous, next basically any function nothing happens. The only things that seems to work is the close, change font and move to folder buttons/functions. Once I close the item and open it up again everything works. I have to do this for either messages or calendar items. I have tried creating a different mail prof...

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

Outlook Views
UGH, I'm gonna start screaming!!!!! I KNOW that at some point in time, I was able to view my Inbox and have my task list displayed on the right side of the "window". I could click off tasks as completed, even though I was looking at my e-mail list. But for some odd reason, that view went away and now I can't get it back. Anyone know how to set up the view so that I can be looking at my INbox message list and be able to see tasks on the right? Thanks, Elizabeth That has never been possible in Outlook unless you created or installed a custom folder home page that ...

Outlook 2k3 #2
I have an issue with Outloook where i want the calendar to pop up reminders, but it is not, even though all the settings clearly show that it should be bringing pop ups. I checked the advanced options and reminder options and reminders are enabled. any thoughts? wong.br@gmail.com <wong.br@gmail.com> wrote: > I have an issue with Outloook where i want the calendar to pop up > reminders, but it is not, even though all the settings clearly show > that it should be bringing pop ups. I checked the advanced options > and reminder options and reminders are enabled. > > ...

Outlook 2003, Windows 7, crashing on Reminders
Hi All. I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3 on my new Windows 7 machine. All is fine in Outlook until the reminder window needs to pop up. As soon as it does, with maybe a second delay, the entire computer seizes and I need to power off to reboot. None of the reminders actually load/display in the pop-up Reminders window, though the title bar for the pop-up starts to count the number but stalls on "1 Reminder". Running Outlook in "safe" mode is just fine. The reminders pop-up opens no problem and I just continue working. Running in "normal" mode,...

Looking for Microsoft Office Binary File Format or File Signature data
I have an application which obtains numerous "unidentifiable" files with no file extension, via FTP, and would like to run some sort of binary filter on it to identify PPT, DOC, XLS file formats. I did fine this: http://www.garykessler.net/library/file_sigs.html But it seems a messy way of accomplishing this, and is incomplete. Any clues as to finding the binary record format and/or file signatures of Office documents (Office 2000 and greater). - Thanks ...

New Location/New setup

Fax and Outlook for XP
I used to have an old PC running Windows '98 with Outlook '97 and Microsoft Fax - it was great, very easy to use as both faxes and emails would be displayed in the same place. I've just upgraded to a new PC with XP. I can load Outlook '97 but can't use Windows Messaging and so can't use Microsoft Fax or send/receive emails. 1) Is there a version of Messaging for Windows XP? 2) Is it compatible with Microsoft Fax or do I need to get another Fax? Peter The version of Fax that comes with WinXP is VERY GOOD... however, it does not "integrate" with Outlo...

How do I activate the new mail button

OWA in mixed mode 5.5 and 2003 organization
Hi I have a mixed mode organization. 2 Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers and 2 Exchange 2003 servers. I instaled a Exchange 2003 front-end server in my DMZ so my external user can connect using OWA, but it's only working for Exchange 2003 users. Exchange 5.5 users gets the error : "HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable" Is there any way I can publish OWA for Exchange 5.5 users in my Exchange 2003 front-end server? Thanks Isaac No, accessing a 5.5 server through a 2003 Front-end is not supported. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org &quo...

Style available all sheets new or old

multiple profiles in outlook: outlook does not prompt
hello outlook gurus, i defined two profiles in outlook 2003 and changed the profile setting to prompt what profile the client wants to access when i open outlook. but when i open outlook, i'm not prompted for a profile selection and outlook is started with the profile i defined first. any ideas what is going wrong ? thanx alot tim tim braun <tim.braun@freesurf.ch> wrote: > i defined two profiles in outlook 2003 and changed the profile setting > to prompt what profile the client wants to access when i open outlook. > but when i open outlook, i'm not prompted for a pr...

Outlook & Outlook Express on same PC
I had both Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express on my PC with Windows 98. Each was connected to different email accounts and had different messages. I want the same set up on my new PC with Windows XP Home edition. But I could only find one pst file. It had the data from Outlook. How can I find the data for the Outlook Express folders? Thank you in advance. cp OE stores data in a different file structure to OL http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ should help David "cp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01b901c3d897$6e31e1d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

Outlook 2007 Rules Do not work 01-26-10
I have just upgraded outlook 2003 to outlook 2007. I am running Xp. I have a number of email accounts coming through to my outlook. I want the mail that is addressed to one of my work email accounts to be moved automatically to another sub folder of my inbox. I have tried deleting them and starting from scratch, removing any client machine specific rules and using server based rules etc and I am still stuck, I have seen a lot of posts about this problem but no real solutions. Any ideas would be very gratefully received This all used to work so well with outlook 2003 but ...

Adding new pages

Money 2003 Deluxe Call Progress
When I attempt to update prices on line, Money appears to get hung up. The call progress window says that it is updating securities but it stays on screen and nothing is downloaded. Even when I try to cancel the call, the window will not close. The only way for me to stop the call is for me to shut Money down using ctrl-alt-delete. This happens about 75% of the time that I try to update prices. I am connected through a cable modem. You're not alone Bill. It happens to me frequently as well. Prior to 2003 version, the update was fast. Once I installed the 2003 version, it seem...

Archiving Errors in Outlook 2000
Hello there: I am having trouble autoarchiving a users mailbox. I get the same error if I try and archive the sent items or the inbox. I also get this error when trying to export to a .pst file. Error trying to archive inbox. The items either have been moved or deleted. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? It is outlook 2000 on a Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Rebecca ...

Word 2003 Forms (JUMP TO Fields)
I am creating a word 2003 form and was wondering if it is possible to skip fields depending on the selection in a drop down menu. ie. QUESTION: Is there a requirement for a COSHH Assessment ? DROP DOWN ANSWER-----Yes/NO If yes just go to the next field box if NO then Jump this section to another section/Field further down the form? Any takers? -- Regards Martin D It is possible, but only with a macro. The basic idea of changing which form field is "next" is discussed at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/SetTabOrder.htm. The macros in that article can b...