new message problem

When I open up the new message window, there is no subject
line to fill out. What can I do to restore the subject
line?
0
anonymous (74721)

Try View | Header.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Jim Faulkner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open up the new message window, there is no subject
> line to fill out. What can I do to restore the subject
> line?

0
suemvp (4038)
7/27/2004 6:21:32 PM
Thanks, that did the trick.
Jim

wrote in message
>> When I open up the new message window, there is no
subject
>> line to fill out. What can I do to restore the subject
>> line?
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)

How to generate conditional pop-up error message?
I have a moderately complex sheet with a lot of cells where the user (usually me) can enter data. I would like to add checks to certain cells and generate a pop-up warning message if there is an error. The pop-up would be like a Comment or an Input Message, except that it would appear if a test failed, rather than when hovering over the cell or selecting it. Have a look at Data | Data Validation in Help Then come back with more questions Example, you have arrange that a cell can have only values "cat" or "dog", and that a message (the text of which you get to decide) po...

How do I update table with new incrementing ids per each account
I have a table with AcctNo, SecurityName, otherfields. I need to update this table with a new field that would indicate for each AcctNo row the number of SecurityName. for example: ACCTNO NEWFIELD SECURITYNAME 10021 1 IBM 10021 2 SEARS 10022 1 MICROSOFT 10022 2 RIMM 10022 3 GMC Is there a function that can do this? I would appreciate any help. On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:00:01 -0700, Jose G Morales <JoseGMorales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table ...

Define a variable problem
Can anyway advise me on how to define a variable in Excel. I did basic at school as a kid and I wanted to define a variable and name it at the beginning of the spreadsheet and then use the formulas to alter the variable as we move through the sheets. I'm modeling financial spreadsheets, so I might want to add 100 to the variable sales at time t+1 or something. Can anyone help or suggest how I might get started. Many thanks in advance Alex You could name a cell, and enter the variable in that cell. For example: Select cell A1 Click in the Name Box, to the left of the formula bar. Type a...

error adding new schema field 05-24-04
Hi, When I attempt to add a new schema field to an account in the Deployment Manager, I get the following error: "An error occured during the addition of the new field. The addition failed." In the event log, there were 2 entries: "dmlog:sp_repladdcolumn failed-timeout expired" "dmlog:failed to add new integer attribute (CFInumberofpcs) to Account Entity. Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this? Try the following recommendation from the Microsoft website SYMPTOM When you create a new schema field in Microsoft® Business Solutions CRM (Microsoft CRM) Deplo...

excel path incorrect problem
Strange problem with excel 2002 sp3 on windows 2000 sp4. If we open an excel document via exel - eg file - open the document opens. However if we go to the network folder directly and try to open the same file we get an error - cannot find file - path/libary incorrect ? I did a seach for .xlb file which I know can be a problem and cannot find this at all but symptoms of this are usually excel hanging and not opening at all ? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks Carolyn Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or ---...

Creating Message Rules
After reading other problems, I looked in my WLM and I don't see any way I can create a Message Rule for incoming emails. How am I supposed to do this? Tools - Message Rules . . . . if you don't see the Menu bar (which contains "Tools"), click on the Menu icon (right side of window next to the ? icon) and select "Show Menu Bar" (to show it permanently). "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF841F5-E2FD-480B-9B86-A94A54F0D6A5@microsoft.com... > After reading other problems, I looked in my WLM and I don...

Outlook 2003 unable to access menu by right clicking on message
We have recently upgraded from Office 2002 to Office 2003 on Windows 2000 PCs. Two users are unable to right click on messages to get the menu options (junk e-mail, etc.). It was working for them initially but stopped functioning. We have tried to uninstall and run Office Clean but were unable to resolve. It seems to work if they select multiple messages at one time but cannot right click on single messages to access the menu. A hour glass flashes and nothing happens. Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have. Jenny ...

Combo box problem 04-28-10
I have some combo boxes that do not display when prompted. Everything is blank, but the information is there if I click in the blank region. Also if I type the item in the combo responds that it is not on the list. These same combo boxes work on my desktop with access 2000. My laptop has access 2003. What is the fix? -- Jim Try installing the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "jim1156" <jim532002@yahoo.com> ...

Problem with windows messages routing, DoModal and MessageBox
Consider a working thread, periodically posting WM messages to GUI thread so the event handler CMyDialog:OmMyMsg is called. When I show another dialogs form CMyDialog:OmMyMsg() , and pass them "this" as a parent, MFC calls CMyDialog:OmMyMsg() again and again because there are more messages waiting (and the working thread posting them again and again). Now we throw away these messages with static guard but what we really want is the messages to wait in a queue _as if_ those another dialogs were shown from another thread. What are the possible solutions for the problem? Use...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 problems
When clicking on an email address in a website I get the following error message from microsoft outlook: "Can't create item" Does anyone know how to correct this? Also, I have to press the send/receive button to send or receive, at work I do not it does it automatically. Does anyone know how to correct this as well? Thank you. 1. Delete your frmscache.dat file 2. Define your send immediately options under Tools->Options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus,...

Help / tutorials for user who is new to CRM
I am new to CRM. I have a service business (no product) that I would like to use CRM to track (past & future) appointments and other work done for clients, work performed vs. billed, and report on overall time spent and allocated. I have browsed through some of the online information, installed the software, created clients and contacts and users. Could someone point me to a resource that can walk me through the basics of using CRM as a newbie? Thank you. You might want to consider attending an instructor led course for Microsoft CRM. ============================== John O'...

two of every incoming message
I've seen this here before but can't find the solution right now.... I get double messages in my inbox. How can I fix this? Thanks! Do you have 2 POP3 accounts configured that use the same POP3 server? In this case configure only one account to receive. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "john" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Cell truncated to 256 characters during copy to new worksheet
When you copy a cell which has greater than 256 characters from one worksheet to another the cell gets truncated to 256 characters. I have used the workaround suggested in the MS knowledge base. Does anyone else have any ideas? Brad Was the suggestion in the KB to copy the worksheet, then come back and copy the cells, then paste the cells? If it was, then I don't have another suggestion. If it wasn't, then I do. Brad Backlin wrote: > > When you copy a cell which has greater than 256 characters > from one worksheet to another the cell gets truncated to > 256 char...

CRichEditCtrl::SetBackgroundColor problems
I'm wanting to set the background color of the RichEdit control to the color of the property page it's in. My code is below: COLORREF c1 = c_reTXDisp.SetBackgroundColor( TRUE, RGB(0,0,0)); This should be simple but it's not working for me. The background is still white but if I change the line to this: COLORREF c1 = c_reTXDisp.SetBackgroundColor( FALSE, RGB(255,0,0)); The background color does change. Am I missing something in the documentation? Should I take a different approch like finding the property page's color and specifying that for the second parameter? Ho...

CRM 1.0 Sales for Outlook installation problem
Greetings - I'm attempting to install v1.0 of Sales for Outlook, however I'm not having much luck. The client PC is Win2K pro SP4, running Office XP Sp2. I've checked this newsgroup thoroughly in hopes of finding a solution, however I've only found suggestions that have so far not helped. So far I've seen people suggest checking that the client resides in the same AD domain as the server, ensuring that the user doing the install has appropriate install rights and is a licensed CRM user assigned to at least one role, doing regsrv32 on CrmIsapi.dll and probably a...

read if you're having passport problems
Hi- I was just having problems signing into money w/ my passport. What follows is what the MS support person suggested I do, and it managed to fix the problem that had been bothering me for 2 weeks: ----- Dear Dan, I apologize for the mistake I have made to write 2004 instead of 2002. Focusing on this issue, I am sorry to hear that the problem still persists. Actually, we have received several service requests which detail the same Passport sign in issue in Money. We have reported this problem to our product team. Based on their feedback, the problem is that one of a Passport se...

Outlook 2000 Send problem
When sending mesasges through outlook, more often than not, the recipients do not receive them. The exception seems to be test messages i send to hotmail accounts make it to their junk folders. I first thought that maybe it was jsut recipients spam filters, but i have tested this several ways. I set up Eudora and used the import from outlook option so the settings specifying the servers are exactly the same ( i never get error messages from outlook anyway, the messages just do not get there). So, Eudora messages make it and Outlook 2000 ones dont. I suppose i could try OUtlok Express o...

y-axis problems
Hello, When I create a bar chart (in powerpoint or excel) on my PC, the last letter on the X axis label gets cut off when I rotate the label to run sideways. It works fine on my laptop, but if I open the file on my PC and click on the chart area, the last letter disappears. This is a very common experience. Some uses add "hard-spaces" which is ANSI 0160 - hold ALT down and type 0160 on numeric pad Other add some nonsense text (three periods) and format it with a color and background to make invisible. Best wishes - Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS ...

namespace problem during validation
Hi ! I have problem with validating of the document with multiple namespaces. The odd thing is, that my data work O'K when I test it under XMLSpy but it doesn't work with my C# code. My first 'main' schema is as follows: incr2.xsd ---------- <xs:schema targetNamespace="http://vit.volvo.com/dept9272/2004/ESB" xmlns:p="tnsperson" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:import namespace="tnsperson" schemaLocation="incr11.xsd"/...

New emails to Public Folders
Hi, When emails are sent to public folders, they are in the Post format, how can I stop this from occuring? Using Win2003 SP1 Exchange 2003 SP2 Thanks Check out this hot fix should reslove your issue http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817809 "Alan Byrne" wrote: > Hi, > > When emails are sent to public folders, they are in the Post format, how can > I stop this from occuring? > > Using Win2003 SP1 Exchange 2003 SP2 > > Thanks ...

Problem importing Entourage 2004 Main identity

Preference for opening new documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a preference to prevent a new Word or Excel blank document opening every time I bring up Word (or Excel) from the dock? <br><br>In Office 2004 I kept Word/Excel open but parked in the dock. When I clicked on them, the menu bar for the application opened across the top of the screen but not a new blank document. 90% of my work is modifying existing files so it is tedious to keep having to close the blank documents. <br><br>I have searched preferences but cannot find a way to p...

taskpad problem
In my calendar view, I accidentally decreased the width of the taskpad so much that it disappeared and now I can't get it back. Any suggestions? Hover your cursor at the border and when the double arrows appear, grab and drag to the left. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Random asked: | In my calendar view, I accidentally decreased the width of ...

Text File problem
I just upgraded from VS 2003. I notice if I try to write a CString to a file it p u t s s p a c e s between the characters in the file. I works fine if I use a character arrary. Is there a way I can use CString. I've tried using CFile and CStdioFile with the same result. Here's quick and dirty code. The commets // are for code that doesn't work. CStdioFile shutfile; CString filid; filid="sdown.cmd"; char ap_cs[]="now is the time"; //CString ap_cs; //ap_cs="now is the time"; int proof_i; proof_i=shutfile.Open(filid,CFile::modeC...

Wordwrap problem
I'm using Publisher 2002 SP3, as well as Publisher 2007. No matter what I do, I can't get text to wrap around a picture placed inside a text box. The text simply flows through the picture. I have tried to use the inclluded help files, but to no avail. Anyone have some suggestions? Jeff I'm a 2000 user which the fix is, Click on the word text box, Format Text frame properties Options Wrap text around objects. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Jeff Stanton" <jstanton@hughes.net> wrote in message news:CryHj.1014$3N1.932@newsfe17.lga... > I'm using Publish...