New Message Form

I am trying to set my out of office to forward emails onto another account,
when I do this I need these words in the subject line
"Release-Authorised"...

I get create the rule, but cannot see how to get the words inserted... I
want to create a message form that allows me to set these words into the
form...

can anyone advise... am I going about this in the right way?

Regards - Paul

You can't, but you can add a certain category so you can sort on that with
the receiving account.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"PR" <paul.raeburn@vodafone.net> wrote in message
> I am trying to set my out of office to forward emails onto another
> account, when I do this I need these words in the subject line
> "Release-Authorised"...
>
> I get create the rule, but cannot see how to get the words inserted... I
> want to create a message form that allows me to set these words into the
> form...
>
> can anyone advise... am I going about this in the right way?
>
> Regards - Paul

0
Roady
8/25/2009 7:06:51 PM
Robert,
i do not get what you are saying here... is it I cannot create a form with
the words in it so that I can use for a message... what is the sort for... i
did not what to sort on anything...

regards

For which reason do you want to modify the subject then upon forwarding?

--

> Robert,
> i do not get what you are saying here... is it I cannot create a form with
> the words in it so that I can use for a message... what is the sort for...
> i did not what to sort on anything...
>
> regards

0
Roady
8/26/2009 9:43:17 AM
to get it through our gateway... we need to start the meassge with those
words...

regards

> to get it through our gateway... we need to start the meassge with those
> words...
>
> regards

Eh?

yes, we have a restricted network... so the way we have to send emails out
from the account is to put these words in the subject "Release-Authorised"

regards

> yes, we have a restricted network... so the way we have to send emails out
> from the account is to put these words in the subject "Release-Authorised"
>
> regards

What are you talking about and to whom are you talking?
Please QUOTE the post you are replying to....

yes, we have a restricted network... so the way we have to send emails out
from the account is to put these words in the subject "Release-Authorised"

Gordon,
I do not know what you mean?

Regards

> Gordon,
> I do not know what you mean?
>
> Regards

You are using Outlook Express as your news reader. OE has an option to QUOTE
the post you are replying to - in fact AFAIR it does this AUTOMATICALLY if
you click on "Reply to group". I can only assume that you are deleting the
quoted text. Please don't.

sorry, I am not deleting anything... is it a setting i need to change...

> sorry, I am not deleting anything... is it a setting i need to change...

When you click on "Reply to group" do you not get a new message window up
which has the post you are replying to quoted in it?

I have changed the setting... sorry to all...

regards - Paul
"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "PR" <paul.raeburn@vodafone.net> wrote in message
>> Gordon,
>> I do not know what you mean?
>>
>> Regards
>>

> You are using Outlook Express as your news reader. OE has an option to
> QUOTE the post you are replying to - in fact AFAIR it does this
> AUTOMATICALLY if you click on "Reply to group". I can only assume that you
> are deleting the quoted text. Please don't.

A custom form is not a solution in your scenario. If you can't work with the
network administrators to implement a server-side code solution, you'll have
to leave Outlook running 24/7 so it can run VBA code using one of the
techniques shown at http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=62 to process
incoming messages.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"PR" <paul.raeburn@vodafone.net> wrote in message
> to get it through our gateway... we need to start the meassge with those
> words...
>
> regards

0
suemvp763 (5)
8/27/2009 1:06:19 AM
yes, i do

> "PR" <paul.raeburn@vodafone.net> wrote in message
>> sorry, I am not deleting anything... is it a setting i need to change...
>>

> When you click on "Reply to group" do you not get a new message window up
> which has the post you are replying to quoted in it?

"PR" <paul.raeburn@vodafone.net> wrote in message

> sorry, I am not deleting anything... is it a setting i need to change...

Tools>Options>Send>Include message in reply.  Also on the Send tab, check
Plain Text Settings and check the box labeled "Indent the original text..."
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/27/2009 12:31:34 PM

> yes, we have a restricted network... so the way we have to send emails out
> from the account is to put these words in the subject "Release-Authorised"

My only question is if you can find a way to add those words, you're no more
"protected" than if you simply remove the restriction and there wouldn't be
anyone authorizing the release of the messages.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/27/2009 12:33:16 PM
Brain,
it is not about protection... it is just a set of words that have to be
entered into the subject area... but when I am out I would like to pick up
my emails on another systems...

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "PR" <paul.raeburn@vodafone.net> wrote in message
>
>> yes, we have a restricted network... so the way we have to send emails
>> out
>> from the account is to put these words in the subject
>> "Release-Authorised"
>
> My only question is if you can find a way to add those words, you're no
> more "protected" than if you simply remove the restriction and there
> wouldn't be anyone authorizing the release of the messages.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Letterhead invoice form
I have scanned a company invoice form to an Excel spreadsheet. The automatic format is a picture and I have made it transparent. I'm having trouble lining it up with the grid, getting the bottom part of the form to line up with the very bottom of the spreadsheet and it won't allow me to add data to the rows or cells. I have invoices set up to print on the blank stationary which line up just fine. However, I am trying to minimize the use of my personal printer. To use one of our large copiers for printing, I need the letterhead information to print. Too many use this copier...

mutimedia messages coming to inbox without attached files
Sending a picture from my phone to email. I use Outlook 2002 to read and send emails. Message arrive but not the attached picture. My phone company email site recieves the picture without any problem. Is there a setting in OUtlook that is stopping the picture? ...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Outlook 2000 sending messages/emails
When I send an email, it goes to my outbox in outlook 2000. I then have to resend it a couple times. Are there setting I have to change to the email automatically sends? Thanks Dave ...

Default properties for new folders

Form/SubForm error while reference the object
I am a novice at Access and do not understand the VB codes. I have created a form (Software Register) with a subform (Licence No). I have created a one to many relationship between Software_ID_No in both forms. The Link Child and Link Master fields are populated with Software_ID_No. My subform (Licence No) now is linked to the main form (software Register) and moves with that form. What I want to do is have the Software_ID_No in the main form populate the Software_ID_No in the subform, and also put it into the Licence No Table. If I enter the number manually, it works. When I c...

IM RPC Error Message
We have recently seen this message appear randomly when running any integration. This is GP 10 SP3. The only solution we have found is to reboot and it is fine for a few more days and then it happens again. ================================================= DOC 1 ERROR: The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)) ================================================= We are seeing more and more of these RPC issues. The only changes that are occuring are Windows Updates. Rich, Looking at your issue and the resolution that you took, It appears you h...

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Need help with forms!!!
I am creating a database to track invoices recieved and apply them to specific assets. My question is on my invoice input page I have a check box to split the invoice between two or more assests. How can I bring up a pop up window asking which assests to apply the split invoice to ? Also create the according records for each assest that the invoice was split for. Could someone give me some idea as how to do this? My Access skills are a little rusty. I'm using Access 2007. Thank you, Mark ...

Button on form to print report for current record
I want to put a button in my input form so it can print a report looking at only the current record I am in using2007. See names below: Input Form: CC Form Entry Unique Field: CC Number Report: Customer Complaint Form Can anyone help? thanks so much Try: DoCmd.OpenReport "Customer Complaint Form", acViewPreview, , _ "[CC Number] = " & Forms![CC Form Entry]![CC Number] -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

I want to keep the alert when you get a message
Is there a way to disable that alert when the message is junk email? No. Windows Mail New Mail notification does not distinguish between wanted emails and junk emails. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Danaj3" <Danaj3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:A5FD130A-FEEA-4556-AC71-713B1F8714A0@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to disable that alert when the message is junk email? No. How would it know you call it junk? Danaj3;1662266 Wrote: > Is there a way to disable t...

Word 2003 Forms (JUMP TO Fields)
I am creating a word 2003 form and was wondering if it is possible to skip fields depending on the selection in a drop down menu. ie. QUESTION: Is there a requirement for a COSHH Assessment ? DROP DOWN ANSWER-----Yes/NO If yes just go to the next field box if NO then Jump this section to another section/Field further down the form? Any takers? -- Regards Martin D It is possible, but only with a macro. The basic idea of changing which form field is "next" is discussed at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/SetTabOrder.htm. The macros in that article can b...

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

Exporting Messages
When attempting to export WLM from my laptop to my new desktop, I get an error message saying "the export directory must be an empty directory" no matter what folder I try to place them. How do I export messages & contacts too? "jschramm" wrote in message news:96F49659-4317-4D88-847F-4420A2E795BB@microsoft.com... > When attempting to export WLM from my laptop to my new desktop, I get an error message saying "the export directory must be an empty directory" no matter what folder I try to place them. How do I export messages & contacts too?...

Goofy Form Problem
I have four forms, Manager A, B, C, and D. The forms are there so that our managers can enter data such as when a new construction form comes in they enter it on the form. B, C, and D work fine. The A form you cannot enter anything. I have checked and unchecked every control on the form and rebuilt the form a dozen times. The tables are reasonably normalized and the queries work like a charm. This is driving up the wall. Any suggestions? Thanks! Are you sure Allow Additions and Allow Edits for the form are set to Yes? Are you sure your queries create an updatable recordset? -- Dave Harg...