New mail automatically sets up a reminder

I had to use the inbox repair tool to reapir my
mailbox.pst file because Outlook 2000 said it could not
open it. Ever since doing this all of my new mail have
instant reminders set up for them. They do not appear on
the calendar, but pop up and require me to dismiss, snooze
etc. just like a reminder I would of set up on the
calendar. They are also displayed normally in my inbox.
I can't seem to figure out how to turn this off, and also
how this was turned on!

Any help woud be appreciated

Ken
0
kmdames (3)

Try starting Outlook once with the /CleanReminders switch.  If you need help
using Outlook command line switches, look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197180

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:f5b401c3f267$48c4dbc0$a101280a@phx.gbl,
Ken Dames wrote:

> I had to use the inbox repair tool to reapir my
> mailbox.pst file because Outlook 2000 said it could not
> open it. Ever since doing this all of my new mail have
> instant reminders set up for them. They do not appear on
> the calendar, but pop up and require me to dismiss, snooze
> etc. just like a reminder I would of set up on the
> calendar. They are also displayed normally in my inbox.
> I can't seem to figure out how to turn this off, and also
> how this was turned on!
>
> Any help woud be appreciated
>
> Ken

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Outlook 2007 no mail in inbox
Running Windows 7 64-bit, Office 2007 Enterprise Edition. Setting up comcast e-mail in Outlook 2007. All settings are correct. Have uninstalled/reinstalled/repaired Office/Outlook. I save the password on the setup tab, but when I test connections, it asks for the password again on the POP3 and SMTP server test. And when I send myself a test e-mail, it asks again for the password, even though its saved. However, no e-mails are showing up in the inbox in Outlook, even though they're in the sent folder and they show up on comcast.net. I am totally stumped here. I have th...

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

Deinstalling and reinstalling Windows Live Mail
A few months ago, I tried installing Windows Live Mail on one of my computers, and found that the installation did not complete properly, apparantly because it was unable to handle importing Windows Mail storage folders containing very large numbers of unread newsgroup posts (such as 149,000). Within the last week, I tried installing WLM on another of my computers with much less in its storage folders; that succeeded and gave me a better user interface. Is it possibly to deinstall WLM from the first computer, along with its rather incomplete messages database, and start over...

automatic selecting the highest cell #2
I'm sorry for being a bit confusing, I did even manage to confus myself, as I gave you wrong directions. Now I've uploaded a picture of my spreadsheet, so hopefully you'r fully able to understand what I want to do. First I would like to explain what this is this is at speardsheet fo value betting. Column B:D are my percentage evaluation for the outcome of an match. Column F:H are odds generated of my evaluation. Column J:L are the bookmakers odds for the same matches Column N:P are the given value (difference between my and th bookmakers odds) a value over 100% indicates that ...

Replying to E-mail with OWA
Something strange happen when I try to reply to my E-mail via OWA. After viewing the E-mail, When I click Reply, the message box just disappear leaving me with no choice than to wait the next morning, when I get back in the office, to reply. Is that a problem encountered by one of you? Thanks Do you have a popup blocker installed? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza &quo...

New Location/New setup

Sending to Mail
When in Wordperfect 10, I try sending to mail. It should sends the document as an attachment. But when I do it now it generates an error saying the Mail System is not Available. I'm running Windows 2000 sp4, Outlook 2000 SP3. Any ideas anyone? Nick Open Internet Explorer. Choose Tools--Internet Options; then click the Programs tab and verify that the E-mail field is set to Microsoft Outlook. >-----Original Message----- >When in Wordperfect 10, I try sending to mail. It should >sends the document as an attachment. But when I do it now >it generates an error sayi...

Cancel mail already sent via Outllook thru hotmail
Is there a way either in Hotmail or using Outlook Express V6.00.2800.1123 configured to use the Hotmail account to cancel e-mail already sent. Outlooks help menu indicates there is a "Cancel a posted Message". In the instructions says to highlight file and then go to "Message menu" and click on "Cancel Message. This option does not appear. I know in the corporate e-mail enviroment Outlook had such an option. So does the Outlook <-> Hotmail world have the capability too? On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:56:14 -0800, "Walt" <wmiller51@hotmail.com> wr...

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

unable to delete mail selected by using OWA
Hi All, I am having problem in deleting mails from inbox. My mail server is SBS 2003 - Exchange server 2003. some mails from Info@xxxxxxx.com are not able to delete, whenever I try to delete, I am getting "400 Bad Request" and "SOme Items can't be deleted,They were either moved,already deleted,or access was denied." and I can not block this mails as the domain name keep changing. All our clients are using OWA. Please help us and suggest solution for this issue. Is there any patch or fix up available ? Thank you, Mani. Info Tech Systems Manager Naval Exchange ...

Slow to Read Mail
Please help!!! When I open outlook and scroll from one message to another, or click on a message, it takes about a second and a half or longer to display the message. This is even if I read one message, go to a 2nd, and then return to the first (when the first one should still be in the system's cache). How do I get this program to run faster? Oh, this happens when the system is not linked to a network too. Its running on a 1.7 gighz laptop with 512 meg SDRAM. Thanks, Mark Is this Outlook 2002, by any chance? If so, try disabling the integration with Instant Messenger in To...

reacurance task to have automaticly a reminder
When I have task set to reacurre, when I mare it done it would regenarate but with out a reminder. Any help would be appriciated. ( I allreade posted this in another trend (How do I setup daily reminders with task) ...

Setting up second virtual server/connector for smart host for only select users
I currently have one domain and SMTP virtual server defined to handle all mail including internet email. We have our own MX record. Occasionally I have one user who will need to send a mass mailing based on our customer database and this clogs the system. My thought was to define a second SMTP virtual server/connector that would route the email to a smart host (our service provider offers this service). If I could direct this specific user to use this service for the mass mailing, would it help the situation? If yes, how would I go about doing it - have the two SMTP server definitions coe...

Adding new pages

Mail in HTML-format (with .fla-file(s))
I get them all the time from firms that insist on sending me "great offers" of various kinds; those animated, designed mails with gif-anims, flash clips etc. Can anyone point me towards a tutorial so that I can start impressing my friends with this kind of stuff, please! I tried simply attaching a .fla and an html with instructions, as a Christmas card, but this isobviously too complicated for your average user, viz. relatives and the like. Happy New Year, btw Lennart Hildeman Scania ...

New messages comes up in Deleted folder