new internet carrier & I can't make outlook work

switched internet carriers
now have comcast.net
cannot send or recieve Outlook e-mail
Comcast e-mail works fine, but not on Craigs List

In news:E1C044F1-3490-40C5-94CF-E1C997CCA5A2@microsoft.com,
Quinton567 <Quinton567@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> switched internet carriers
> now have comcast.net
> cannot send or recieve Outlook e-mail
> Comcast e-mail works fine, but not on Craigs List

What does Craig's List (and web browsing) have to do with your email, or
Outlook?
Who hosts your email? Comcast? You need to make sure you use their server
for your POP server, and your new ISP's SMTP server for your SMTP server
(outbound mail).

0
lanwench (7567)
2/5/2006 2:43:40 AM
POP3 incoming works ok
SMTP has me stumpt

"Quinton567" wrote:

> POP3 incoming works ok
> SMTP has me stumpt
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>

> > In news:E1C044F1-3490-40C5-94CF-E1C997CCA5A2@microsoft.com,
> > Quinton567 <Quinton567@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > > switched internet carriers
> > > now have comcast.net
> > > cannot send or recieve Outlook e-mail
> > > Comcast e-mail works fine, but not on Craigs List
> >
> > What does Craig's List (and web browsing) have to do with your email, or
> > Outlook?
> > Who hosts your email? Comcast? You need to make sure you use their server
> > for your POP server, and your new ISP's SMTP server for your SMTP server
> > (outbound mail).
> >
> > When responding to a Craigs List advertiser, (job, for sale what ever) you have to use their link set up which utilizes Outlook - has to go through my Outlook facility.
since mine is not sending I am not able to contact advertisers

In news:D56A9DBE-F888-4867-A5D0-5D6A3EAEF1FF@microsoft.com,
Quinton567 <Quinton567@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> "Quinton567" wrote:
>
>> POP3 incoming works ok
>> SMTP has me stumpt

Check with your ISP. You may need to authenticate to their mail server to
relay outbound mail through it.

>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>>

>>> In news:E1C044F1-3490-40C5-94CF-E1C997CCA5A2@microsoft.com,
>>> Quinton567 <Quinton567@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>>
>>> What does Craig's List (and web browsing) have to do with your
>>> email, or
>>> Outlook?
>>> Who hosts your email? Comcast? You need to make sure you use their
>>> server
>>> for your POP server, and your new ISP's SMTP server for your SMTP
>>> server (outbound mail).
>>>
>>> When responding to a Craigs List advertiser, (job, for sale what
>>> ever) you have to use their link set up which utilizes Outlook -
>>> has to go through my Outlook facility.
> since mine is not sending I am not able to contact advertisers

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook Issue #7
I am using Outlook2003SP1 with Exchange 2003. When I first start outlook and open either a message or a calendar request when I press the button(s) or select from the menu any of these functions; send, reply, forward, reply to all, accept, decline, print, permissions, follow up, previous, next basically any function nothing happens. The only things that seems to work is the close, change font and move to folder buttons/functions. Once I close the item and open it up again everything works. I have to do this for either messages or calendar items. I have tried creating a different mail prof...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

Outlook Views
UGH, I'm gonna start screaming!!!!! I KNOW that at some point in time, I was able to view my Inbox and have my task list displayed on the right side of the "window". I could click off tasks as completed, even though I was looking at my e-mail list. But for some odd reason, that view went away and now I can't get it back. Anyone know how to set up the view so that I can be looking at my INbox message list and be able to see tasks on the right? Thanks, Elizabeth That has never been possible in Outlook unless you created or installed a custom folder home page that ...

Fax and Outlook for XP
I used to have an old PC running Windows '98 with Outlook '97 and Microsoft Fax - it was great, very easy to use as both faxes and emails would be displayed in the same place. I've just upgraded to a new PC with XP. I can load Outlook '97 but can't use Windows Messaging and so can't use Microsoft Fax or send/receive emails. 1) Is there a version of Messaging for Windows XP? 2) Is it compatible with Microsoft Fax or do I need to get another Fax? Peter The version of Fax that comes with WinXP is VERY GOOD... however, it does not "integrate" with Outlo...

New Location/New setup

Make excel run large spreadsheets faster
For those of you who run large spreadsheets with or without VBA, I think everyone will agree they are much too slow ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e1105194-24af-4697-ab5f-b9d62e5140ea&...

Outlook 2003, Windows 7, crashing on Reminders
Hi All. I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3 on my new Windows 7 machine. All is fine in Outlook until the reminder window needs to pop up. As soon as it does, with maybe a second delay, the entire computer seizes and I need to power off to reboot. None of the reminders actually load/display in the pop-up Reminders window, though the title bar for the pop-up starts to count the number but stalls on "1 Reminder". Running Outlook in "safe" mode is just fine. The reminders pop-up opens no problem and I just continue working. Running in "normal" mode,...

Outlook 2k3 #2
I have an issue with Outloook where i want the calendar to pop up reminders, but it is not, even though all the settings clearly show that it should be bringing pop ups. I checked the advanced options and reminder options and reminders are enabled. any thoughts? wong.br@gmail.com <wong.br@gmail.com> wrote: > I have an issue with Outloook where i want the calendar to pop up > reminders, but it is not, even though all the settings clearly show > that it should be bringing pop ups. I checked the advanced options > and reminder options and reminders are enabled. > > ...

No to instant message; make it go away!
That's it. How did I get MSN instant messenger and how do I make it go away? It seems to be part of MSN Explorer which attached itself to everything I am doing. I don't want any of it on my outlook mail or anywhere else. I can't find it to uninstall it and I don't want to affect my outlook mail, because I am taking classes there. Open MSN Messenger, go to Tools, Options, Preferences and uncheck every single box. Then go to the other tabs and uncheck all those, too. Leave any info boxes blank. "Jill Woodruff" wrote: > That's it. How did I get MSN ins...

How do I activate the new mail button

Can I Display Winodws File Folder Contents in Outlook?
OL2007/Exchange: I have found how to set a particular outlook folder to display a website by seleting the home page tab under properties. Is there a way to have this display the contents of a windows file folder instead of an html file? I have tried something like c:\my documents, and even file:\\c:\my documents, but this does not seem to work. I've thought of perhaps making an html file with links to the contents of the folder and displaying that html file. Looks pretty easy, but if we add new files, etc., then the html file does not get automatically updated. I know this is a stran...

saving emails in outlook
anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items onto an iomega zip drive? robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items > onto an iomega zip drive? Create a new PST. Copy to it everything you want to save. Close the PST and close Outlook. Copy the PST to the zip drive. All done. -- Brian Tillman Sorry to be so stupid but how do I create a new PST? Thnaks >-----Original Message----- >robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlo...

Style available all sheets new or old

multiple profiles in outlook: outlook does not prompt
hello outlook gurus, i defined two profiles in outlook 2003 and changed the profile setting to prompt what profile the client wants to access when i open outlook. but when i open outlook, i'm not prompted for a profile selection and outlook is started with the profile i defined first. any ideas what is going wrong ? thanx alot tim tim braun <tim.braun@freesurf.ch> wrote: > i defined two profiles in outlook 2003 and changed the profile setting > to prompt what profile the client wants to access when i open outlook. > but when i open outlook, i'm not prompted for a pr...

Outgoing Internet E-Mail limits
I have Exchange 5.5 SP3 in a multi-server organization. I would like to set the message size limits of one Exchange server to the following: All internal e-mail: Unrestricted Incoming Internet e-mail: Unrestricted Outgoing Internet e-mail: 2MB I've found where I can set the send limit, but it appears to affect both internal and Internet e-mail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. you can limit the size of all internet email on the "General" tab of the Internet Mail Service... "Ryan Jonasson" <RyanJonasson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Outlook creating attachment to incoming messages
This just started today... Every email I receive has an attachemnt that is just a .txt version of the real email message that someone is sending me... I looked at my settings and I see no options for something like this... So what is causing this to happen?? Thanks Close Outlook and reboot your computer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, paul asked: ...

dafault value for date not working with Date() but Now() is workin
Got a table with existing data, with simple date field on a form that I want to default to todays date. I have tried inputting the Date() into the table default value for the date, but I get an error that says "Unknown function in 'Date' in validation expression or default value on 'Data.date'. Data is the table name. If I enter Now() into the default value for date, it works just fine. But, the reports that are generated, don't show the records with the date and time in them. I can go back to the table and manually delete the time from those records...

Can I make a calendar event tied to a contact?
I would like to be able to make a calendar event and tie it to a contact. For example. If I have a meeting with Mr. Smith, I would like to either click on Mr. Smith's info in the Contacts folder and have an option for making an event OR by adding an event to the Calendar be able to click a contact for that event to be assocaited with. I know I could do this if I was inviting someone to a meeting, but that is not what this would be for. I want to be able to click on the Calendar event and have the person's phone number information pop up, without having to then go se...

Outlook 2007 Rules Do not work 01-26-10
I have just upgraded outlook 2003 to outlook 2007. I am running Xp. I have a number of email accounts coming through to my outlook. I want the mail that is addressed to one of my work email accounts to be moved automatically to another sub folder of my inbox. I have tried deleting them and starting from scratch, removing any client machine specific rules and using server based rules etc and I am still stuck, I have seen a lot of posts about this problem but no real solutions. Any ideas would be very gratefully received This all used to work so well with outlook 2003 but ...