New Installation Problems

I have just reinstalled the OS (XP) Home and reloaded Outlook2003.  I had my 
pst file backed up.  But in the folder view there are two identical listing 
of "personal files".  The second problem is that although my contacts are 
intact email does not link to them.

Can these problem be fixed?

Regards


0
me6075 (5)
4/15/2006 11:14:05 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

10 Replies
578 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 2

Did you import the .pst file?  Don't - not ever - not even on a bet.

Create a new mail profile and point it to your saved .pst file to re-use. 
Importing/exporting is never required to migrate your .pst file from one 
Outlook installation to another.


--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, The Old Bloke asked:

| I have just reinstalled the OS (XP) Home and reloaded Outlook2003.  I
| had my pst file backed up.  But in the folder view there are two
| identical listing of "personal files".  The second problem is that
| although my contacts are intact email does not link to them.
|
| Can these problem be fixed?
|
| Regards 


0
MillyS (3228)
4/16/2006 12:26:46 AM
Thanks Milly,

I will try.

But no, I didn't import the file, just put where Outllook would read it


"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" 
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message 
news:uicCzxOYGHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Did you import the .pst file?  Don't - not ever - not even on a bet.
>
> Create a new mail profile and point it to your saved .pst file to re-use.
> Importing/exporting is never required to migrate your .pst file from one
> Outlook installation to another.
>
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, The Old Bloke asked:
>
> | I have just reinstalled the OS (XP) Home and reloaded Outlook2003.  I
> | had my pst file backed up.  But in the folder view there are two
> | identical listing of "personal files".  The second problem is that
> | although my contacts are intact email does not link to them.
> |
> | Can these problem be fixed?
> |
> | Regards
>
> 


0
me6075 (5)
4/16/2006 12:40:01 AM
Where you put the file does not tell Outlook to "read" it. You must tell 
Outlook to open it from Outlook's File menu. Never put it in a location 
where you might overwrite another PST file.
-- 
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"The Old Bloke" <me@microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:Bng0g.7301$vy1.7025@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Thanks Milly,
>
> I will try.
>
> But no, I didn't import the file, just put where Outllook would read it
>
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" 
> <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message 
> news:uicCzxOYGHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Did you import the .pst file?  Don't - not ever - not even on a bet.
>>
>> Create a new mail profile and point it to your saved .pst file to re-use.
>> Importing/exporting is never required to migrate your .pst file from one
>> Outlook installation to another.
>>
>>
>> --�
>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
>> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>> reading.
>>
>> After furious head scratching, The Old Bloke asked:
>>
>> | I have just reinstalled the OS (XP) Home and reloaded Outlook2003.  I
>> | had my pst file backed up.  But in the folder view there are two
>> | identical listing of "personal files".  The second problem is that
>> | although my contacts are intact email does not link to them.
>> |
>> | Can these problem be fixed?
>> |
>> | Regards
>>
>>
>
> 


0
russval1 (2100)
4/16/2006 2:11:50 AM
Hi Russ,  I always have the pst in a folder that gets routinely backed up. 
I have solved the double-up and now have only one copy of "personal 
folders".

My email and contacts are displayed all OK

But when I try to compose a new email, Outlook doesn't see my "contacts". 
But if I click on the "contacts button, it is all there.  Just not linked to 
the "mail" part of Outlook.

Regards



"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:eOsbjsPYGHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Where you put the file does not tell Outlook to "read" it. You must tell 
> Outlook to open it from Outlook's File menu. Never put it in a location 
> where you might overwrite another PST file.
> -- 
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "The Old Bloke" <me@microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:Bng0g.7301$vy1.7025@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>> Thanks Milly,
>>
>> I will try.
>>
>> But no, I didn't import the file, just put where Outllook would read it
>>
>>
>> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" 
>> <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message 
>> news:uicCzxOYGHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Did you import the .pst file?  Don't - not ever - not even on a bet.
>>>
>>> Create a new mail profile and point it to your saved .pst file to 
>>> re-use.
>>> Importing/exporting is never required to migrate your .pst file from one
>>> Outlook installation to another.
>>>
>>>
>>> --�
>>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>>
>>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
>>> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>>> reading.
>>>
>>> After furious head scratching, The Old Bloke asked:
>>>
>>> | I have just reinstalled the OS (XP) Home and reloaded Outlook2003.  I
>>> | had my pst file backed up.  But in the folder view there are two
>>> | identical listing of "personal files".  The second problem is that
>>> | although my contacts are intact email does not link to them.
>>> |
>>> | Can these problem be fixed?
>>> |
>>> | Regards
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
me6075 (5)
4/16/2006 3:16:16 AM
Fixed!


"The Old Bloke" <me@microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4Gi0g.7628$vy1.5354@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Hi Russ,  I always have the pst in a folder that gets routinely backed up. 
> I have solved the double-up and now have only one copy of "personal 
> folders".
>
> My email and contacts are displayed all OK
>
> But when I try to compose a new email, Outlook doesn't see my "contacts". 
> But if I click on the "contacts button, it is all there.  Just not linked 
> to the "mail" part of Outlook.
>
> Regards
>
>
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:eOsbjsPYGHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Where you put the file does not tell Outlook to "read" it. You must tell 
>> Outlook to open it from Outlook's File menu. Never put it in a location 
>> where you might overwrite another PST file.
>> -- 
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "The Old Bloke" <me@microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> news:Bng0g.7301$vy1.7025@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>>> Thanks Milly,
>>>
>>> I will try.
>>>
>>> But no, I didn't import the file, just put where Outllook would read it
>>>
>>>
>>> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" 
>>> <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message 
>>> news:uicCzxOYGHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Did you import the .pst file?  Don't - not ever - not even on a bet.
>>>>
>>>> Create a new mail profile and point it to your saved .pst file to 
>>>> re-use.
>>>> Importing/exporting is never required to migrate your .pst file from 
>>>> one
>>>> Outlook installation to another.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --�
>>>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>>>
>>>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
>>>> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>>>> reading.
>>>>
>>>> After furious head scratching, The Old Bloke asked:
>>>>
>>>> | I have just reinstalled the OS (XP) Home and reloaded Outlook2003.  I
>>>> | had my pst file backed up.  But in the folder view there are two
>>>> | identical listing of "personal files".  The second problem is that
>>>> | although my contacts are intact email does not link to them.
>>>> |
>>>> | Can these problem be fixed?
>>>> |
>>>> | Regards
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
me6075 (5)
4/16/2006 3:56:32 AM
Posted here daily: just configure your Outlook Address Book.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

-- 
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"The Old Bloke" <me@microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4Gi0g.7628$vy1.5354@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Hi Russ,  I always have the pst in a folder that gets routinely backed up. 
> I have solved the double-up and now have only one copy of "personal 
> folders".
>
> My email and contacts are displayed all OK
>
> But when I try to compose a new email, Outlook doesn't see my "contacts". 
> But if I click on the "contacts button, it is all there.  Just not linked 
> to the "mail" part of Outlook.
>
> Regards
>
>
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:eOsbjsPYGHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Where you put the file does not tell Outlook to "read" it. You must tell 
>> Outlook to open it from Outlook's File menu. Never put it in a location 
>> where you might overwrite another PST file.
>> -- 
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "The Old Bloke" <me@microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> news:Bng0g.7301$vy1.7025@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>>> Thanks Milly,
>>>
>>> I will try.
>>>
>>> But no, I didn't import the file, just put where Outllook would read it
>>>
>>>
>>> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" 
>>> <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message 
>>> news:uicCzxOYGHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Did you import the .pst file?  Don't - not ever - not even on a bet.
>>>>
>>>> Create a new mail profile and point it to your saved .pst file to 
>>>> re-use.
>>>> Importing/exporting is never required to migrate your .pst file from 
>>>> one
>>>> Outlook installation to another.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --�
>>>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>>>
>>>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
>>>> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>>>> reading.
>>>>
>>>> After furious head scratching, The Old Bloke asked:
>>>>
>>>> | I have just reinstalled the OS (XP) Home and reloaded Outlook2003.  I
>>>> | had my pst file backed up.  But in the folder view there are two
>>>> | identical listing of "personal files".  The second problem is that
>>>> | although my contacts are intact email does not link to them.
>>>> |
>>>> | Can these problem be fixed?
>>>> |
>>>> | Regards
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
russval1 (2100)
4/16/2006 7:47:57 AM
Yes, that's what I eventually found


"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:%23T16XoSYGHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Posted here daily: just configure your Outlook Address Book.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002
>
> -- 
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "The Old Bloke" <me@microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:4Gi0g.7628$vy1.5354@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>> Hi Russ,  I always have the pst in a folder that gets routinely backed 
>> up. I have solved the double-up and now have only one copy of "personal 
>> folders".
>>
>> My email and contacts are displayed all OK
>>
>> But when I try to compose a new email, Outlook doesn't see my "contacts". 
>> But if I click on the "contacts button, it is all there.  Just not linked 
>> to the "mail" part of Outlook.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>>
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:eOsbjsPYGHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Where you put the file does not tell Outlook to "read" it. You must tell 
>>> Outlook to open it from Outlook's File menu. Never put it in a location 
>>> where you might overwrite another PST file.
>>> -- 
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "The Old Bloke" <me@microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:Bng0g.7301$vy1.7025@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>>>> Thanks Milly,
>>>>
>>>> I will try.
>>>>
>>>> But no, I didn't import the file, just put where Outllook would read it
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" 
>>>> <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message 
>>>> news:uicCzxOYGHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Did you import the .pst file?  Don't - not ever - not even on a bet.
>>>>>
>>>>> Create a new mail profile and point it to your saved .pst file to 
>>>>> re-use.
>>>>> Importing/exporting is never required to migrate your .pst file from 
>>>>> one
>>>>> Outlook installation to another.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --�
>>>>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>>>>
>>>>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
>>>>> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>>>>> reading.
>>>>>
>>>>> After furious head scratching, The Old Bloke asked:
>>>>>
>>>>> | I have just reinstalled the OS (XP) Home and reloaded Outlook2003. 
>>>>> I
>>>>> | had my pst file backed up.  But in the folder view there are two
>>>>> | identical listing of "personal files".  The second problem is that
>>>>> | although my contacts are intact email does not link to them.
>>>>> |
>>>>> | Can these problem be fixed?
>>>>> |
>>>>> | Regards
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
me6075 (5)
4/16/2006 8:16:24 AM
How did you fix the multiple Personal Files problem? I moved my Oulook file 
and now have multiple Personal Files I cannot get rid of.
Veter

"The Old Bloke" wrote:

> Fixed!
> 
> 
> "The Old Bloke" <me@microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:4Gi0g.7628$vy1.5354@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > Hi Russ,  I always have the pst in a folder that gets routinely backed up. 
> > I have solved the double-up and now have only one copy of "personal 
> > folders".
> >
> > My email and contacts are displayed all OK
> >
> > But when I try to compose a new email, Outlook doesn't see my "contacts". 
> > But if I click on the "contacts button, it is all there.  Just not linked 
> > to the "mail" part of Outlook.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> >
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> > news:eOsbjsPYGHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >> Where you put the file does not tell Outlook to "read" it. You must tell 
> >> Outlook to open it from Outlook's File menu. Never put it in a location 
> >> where you might overwrite another PST file.
> >> -- 
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "The Old Bloke" <me@microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> >> news:Bng0g.7301$vy1.7025@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> >>> Thanks Milly,
> >>>
> >>> I will try.
> >>>
> >>> But no, I didn't import the file, just put where Outllook would read it
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" 
> >>> <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message 
> >>> news:uicCzxOYGHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >>>> Did you import the .pst file?  Don't - not ever - not even on a bet.
> >>>>
> >>>> Create a new mail profile and point it to your saved .pst file to 
> >>>> re-use.
> >>>> Importing/exporting is never required to migrate your .pst file from 
> >>>> one
> >>>> Outlook installation to another.
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> --
> >>>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> >>>>
> >>>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
> >>>> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> >>>> reading.
> >>>>
> >>>> After furious head scratching, The Old Bloke asked:
> >>>>
> >>>> | I have just reinstalled the OS (XP) Home and reloaded Outlook2003.  I
> >>>> | had my pst file backed up.  But in the folder view there are two
> >>>> | identical listing of "personal files".  The second problem is that
> >>>> | although my contacts are intact email does not link to them.
> >>>> |
> >>>> | Can these problem be fixed?
> >>>> |
> >>>> | Regards
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
Veter (5)
6/13/2006 4:33:02 PM
Veter <Veter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How did you fix the multiple Personal Files problem? I moved my
> Oulook file and now have multiple Personal Files I cannot get rid of.

A new mail profile is the quickest.
-- 
Brian Tillman
0
tillman1952 (16053)
6/13/2006 4:44:39 PM
I was not sure how to do taht, but took tehe time and figured it out. now I 
have a good neww profile.
Thanks.


"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Veter <Veter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> > How did you fix the multiple Personal Files problem? I moved my
> > Oulook file and now have multiple Personal Files I cannot get rid of.
> 
> A new mail profile is the quickest.
> -- 
> Brian Tillman
> 
0
Veter (5)
6/14/2006 10:33:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

new groups, contacts not in GAL (outlook/SBS 2003)
Hi everyone. This is driving me insane. I have an account with outlook 2003 and the "Use cached exchange" option is off. I also repeatedly press F9 to no avail. My contacts and universal dist groups that I have created on the server just do not show up. I can email them fine if I fully specify the name (ie: mydistlist@mydomain.com), but I don't see them in the GAL! I do have one lone contact that DID get in the GAL, but I haven't a clue why or what is different about it. Does it matter in the "Active Directory Users and Computers" where you create thes...

Date/Time criteria problem
I am trying to create a query that allows a user to select a specific date for which to show results. Following is sample SQL with a fixed criteria: SELECT qryShopJobsIO1.JOB_NO, qryShopJobsIO1.[TOTAL QUANTITY ORDERED], qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE], qryShopJobsIO1.SumOfTotalHours FROM qryShopJobsIO1 WHERE (((qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE])=#4/27/2010#)); This particular example returns no records. I know that I have records for which the ENTRY DATE field is 4/27/2010. I believe that the problem is that the default value of that field (in the table definition) is set to =Now() ...

Problem with date
Hi, I just converted my adp project from Access 2000 to Access 2003. In the 2000 version the date written on the SQL server are OK (mm/dd/yyyy). I use the Access 2000 in French and the SQL server is version 7 in English, and the date is ok on the SQL server. After the conversion the date on the SQL server is dd/mm/yyyy. I used Access 2003 in French and the same sql server that I used with the 2000 version. The regional paramater are the same, English (USA), but my workstation is a Windows French 2000 . The command that insert the data in the sql server is an INSERT INTO with a variable, ...

Problems with contact!
Hello, I have created a lot of contacts with external address in Active Directory and after I have created Address Lists in Exchange 2003 that contains these contacts. All works fine except 1 contact. When I try to send an email to this contact from Outlook 2003, inmediatly it comes with a non delivery report that says that "The email address doesn�t exist in this organization, please contact administrator......". All other contacts works fine and there are a lot of them that belongs to the same email domain. I have tryed to remove and create again, and refresh and reconstruct the ad...

Exchange 2003: Free/busy problem
Hi, All of a sudden as of a couple of days ago, when anyone in my exchange org tries to invite people to a meeting, a message displays when they try to check the other person's availability that says "No free/busy information could be retrieved" What I noticed that may have changed is that the public folder that apparently used to house this information is gone. So I followed instructions on microsoft's website to reset the system folders. Once that was done, I restarted the info store on all the servers in the admin group... but I still get the "no free/busy&...

Closed Investment Problem
One of my closed investments still appeats on my Money Home Page Investment Summary. All the other investments appearing in the summary are open, except this one. I checked the investment transactions for this investment and they are all correct, resulting in a zero share balance. Help!! How can I get rid of this appearing in the investment summary without deleting all the investment's data? Thanks! http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=98 might give you a solution to this. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default...

Problem with "Search box" in Help window
We are using Excel 2003 on XP. This problem is occuring for all users. When you click Help-Microsoft Excel Help, and try to type in the Search for: box under Assistance, the text is inserted into the spreadsheet instead. The only way you can manage to enter any text into this box is to copy it, then right-click paste it into that box (Edit-Paste and Ctrl+V do not work) I can't find anything in the kbase (except for the tip about pasting). What is up with this? ...

Problem with CTreeCtrl and WS_CLIPCHILDREN
Hi All, I have a modeless dialog that is a child of a view. The dialog has the WS_CLIPCHILDREN flag set so that it reduces the flickering effect of resize and redraws. The dialog has a CTreeCtrl with tooltips. Here is the problem: If I have a enough items in the tree control to where the vertical scroll bar is shown, and an item is long enough where the tooltip shows up. When I hover over a long item and the tooltip is up, if I scroll the tree control the new item which should be drawn where the tooltip was in not drawn at all (the background of the dialog box is drawn instead). This is e...

E-mail signature: problem with tables
I have created an e-mail signature using a table to control the layout and formatting. This is fine until I reply or forward a message, as the signature then joins to the message I am trying to forward/reply to. I have gone into Advanced Edit > Table > Table Properties and set the text wrapping to 'None', which seems to work. However, when I make any edits to the signature it resets the table wrapping back to 'around', so that I get the problem repeated. Any ideas? EssexSi <EssexSi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created an e-mail signature ...

Transport emails from one isp to new isp
I am considering changing from TimeWarner to AT&T uverse. TW does not limit my email storage capacity. Does uverse? What happens to my emails. Can I move to new Speed. Just ran speedtest.net and got 12.41 mb/s down and .49 mb/s up. Is that good and how does it compare to uverse? TIA -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com A1. Ask ATT A2. If you've already downloaded all messages from your Roadrunner account into Windows Mail, nothing will happen to them. Contact ATT for instrux on setting up your new account in Win...

Public Folder Replication problems #4
I have 2 exchange 2003 servers in the same exchange org. I added the new exchange 2003 server to the public older replication but the folders did not replicatce. Both servers have the same patches. Below is: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: Replication Errors Event ID: 3093 Date: 9/19/2005 Time: 9:09:45 AM User: N/A Computer: SYNMAIL1 Description: Error -2147221233 reading property 0x674b0014 on object type tbtMsgFolder from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (SYNMAIL1)". For more information, click http://www.microso...

FAX notification problem
SBS 2003 R2 SP2 is installed and working pretty well. FAX's are received, sent to a selected folder just fine. Notifications doesn't work. I have tried sending to a local Exchange user or an internet address and it doesn't happen. What I'm trying to find is what is the transport that the system uses for this messaging. I don't see any related event messages. Any help would be appreciated. Doug Sanders Hi Doug, Thanks for your post. First of all, I still would like to suggest you double check the fax recipients notification configurat...

New Colour Schemes
Does anyone know of a website I can go to to download or copy colour schemes? I have tried making my own, but they don't always look that good, and it's quite time-consuming. I would like to be able to download schemes that other people have made, or even to be able to input the hex values... Many thanks for your help. If you find a color you like use a color picker and duplicate it in Publisher. I don't think there is a place you can download color schemes. Maybe someone here would be willing to share their schemes. Pixie is a great little color picker tool and free. htt...

Moving CRM 3.0 to new domain
Could you tell me what tool (what version of RT)should be used to move CRM 3.0 to new domain. As I notcied in this newgroup, in similar questions the answer is that Redeployment Tool but for which version? On the www, where I can downlad Redeployment Tool, there is only RT for MS cRM 1.0 or 1.2 Thanks in advance Lidia You'll find the redeployment tool on the 'server setup' cd for crm 3.0 cheers Rich "Lidia" wrote: > Could you tell me what tool (what version of RT)should be used to move CRM > 3.0 to new domain. As I notcied in this newgroup, in similar que...

Workflow Posturl problem
HI I have created a webservice in .net that takes the lead id then queries our ordering system and writes some data back to CRM. When i add the post url in workflow manager and then create a lead, the action enters the workflow monitor in a paused state it also write the following to the even log MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: <description>Error in action posturl.</description><details>Failed to connect the url http://localhost/test/OrderCheck.asmx/DoOrderCheck...

Re: Successfully activated new Deluxe license
Sorry, the store hours are 8AM-8PM central time "JohnA" <John@spamguard-TheAtas.org> wrote in message news:... > Phone number is 952-646-5047 - this is the direct number to the online > store customer service. They close at 10PM EST unlike the normal customer > service which is open much later. > > "MikeV06" <me@mycomputer06.invalid> wrote in message > news:9nk5jz2xkzof.dlg@mycomputer06.invalid... >> On 15 Jun 2009 21:10:44 GMT, Arthur Dent wrote: >> >>> My online services were due to expire in three months, so like ma...

Publisher 2007 Birthday card jpg rotation problem
I'm running SP2 MSO and selected the Birthday 4 template. It's a side fold card template. I wanted to change the image on the front (page 1) and the inside left (page 2). I had two jpgs on my computer, so I used Insert-Picture-From File... . In each case when they were inserted, I need to rotate them CCW 90 degrees, so I grabbed the green dot rotate handle and rotated them so they were right side up (they were flowers). I then added a text box above each one. The print preview showed the correct orientation of the flowers with respect to the text above them for both page 1 and pag...

There is a problem with this website's security certificate
Hello, I bought an SSL certificate for my server (Windows Server 2003, IIS 6.0). Server included already a web site with SSL certificate, so I created a 2nd web site with different IP and different SSL certificate and different application pool that is running. When I try to access the 2nd web site I get a message from IE "There is a problem with this website's security certificate." If I click on option "Continue to this website (not recommended)", I get error "service unavailable" What could be the problem ? 1st web site is running without ...

installation programs
Hi We have an MFC program and we currently use Wise (old version) for the installation program. It works reasonably well but we want to change to a more up-to-date installation system. Is there anything using Visual Basic or VBScript so I dont have to learn yet another scripting language :) Any advice or information will be much appreciated Phil Why not use Visual Studio/Windows Installer? It can run VBScripts in custom actions; you can create a VB (or C# or C++) installation DLL that will implement the 4 stock custom actions provided by Visual Studio, or you can implement hand...

Adding a new attribute to the GAL
Hi. We are wanting to add a new attribute to our GAL, and the only KB article from MS we found was removed from the MS site. I was wondering if anyone had done this, and what the repercussions were. I was also curious if anyone knew why the article may have been pulled. I'm guessing it means it is not a supported practice. Anyway, the article we found was: 313962 "How to modify Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 details templates" . Anyhelp would be great! Artie Noel dognoela@mailtest.nih.gov On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:45:59 -0400, Artie <noela@mail.nih.gov> wrote: &g...

Workbook Memory Problem
I have worked up an excel document that consists of four sheets, one sheet being the data entry sheet which then in turn post data to the other sheets providing needed information. It also includes links to external workbooks to calculate the end result. When the output is posted we then need to save the workbook for future reference for up to one year. Problem: The files are consistently around 1.5 megs after the data is posted which at the frequency that the forms are created is not ideal. So what would you suggest? *Some brainstorming I had: Do I save it as data file that will not...

Command button opening new window
Within my main form, I have command buttons that run query searches that open a new window based on the search information I input. It always opens in a new window, and also leaves the main form open. Is it possible to have the search opened in the same window? Thanks! Not really. A Sekect query opens as a datasheet form. You could create a subform on your main form and make the record source of the sub form the query you are running. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shari" wrote: > Within my main form, I have command buttons that run query searches that open > ...

MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Outlook Installation
Hello, I have successfully installed MS CRM server. When I try to install "MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Outlook", it is giving "MS Dynamics CRM for Outlook can not be installed on a computer where MS exchange server versions prior to MS exchange server 2007 are installed". I am using a VM with Exchange Server 2003 with SP 2. Please let me know what am I missing. Thanks, I did the same before and I'm currently setting up a new VPC image without Exchange. As you cannot install Exchange 2007 on a 32-bit OS, I uninstalled Exchange 2003 in my previous image but afterward...

SFO outlook installation issues
I have installed 1.2 SFO on several machines without issue that are running XP with Office 2000. I am unable to install on my machine though. I am running XP and Office 2003. It takes forever to start the initial installation, and then I selected the listed components to install, after about 15 minutes the PC stops responding. When I exit out, it causes all kinds of problems with other applications, even after re-booting. I thought that it could be a corrupted disk, so I had my software vendor send me a new disk. Same thing. Any advice? It is very frustrating. ...

Outlook 2002 Automation Problem and Contacts
I don't like crossposting but I'm getting zero responses in another group. I'm not sure if I am posting to the right forum but I am having a problem with accessing Contacts with Outlook Automation. The program works perfect in Outlook 2003 but gives an error on another computer with Outlook 2002. When I try and access the .Body I get an OLE Dispatch Error Code 4096 From Microsoft Outlook Out Of Memory. I'm not sure if the problem is with Outlook, the computer or perhaps I could change my programming code and how I access the body in Outlook Contacts. The code that gives the...