new email via TOOLS-"Check for new mail"

I use OUTLOOK 97. Emails arrive every 20-30min
automatically. Can I reset the time intervals that OUTLOOK
checks for new mail? The only way I can receive emails
which have just been sent is by going into TOOLS then
clicking on "Check for new mail".
0
anonymous (74722)

The setting should be in Tools | Options, on the Mail Delivery tab.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:b9d901c3ec5a$3d0315d0$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Sigi wrote:

> I use OUTLOOK 97. Emails arrive every 20-30min
> automatically. Can I reset the time intervals that OUTLOOK
> checks for new mail? The only way I can receive emails
> which have just been sent is by going into TOOLS then
> clicking on "Check for new mail".

I do not have anything in Option that has to do with Mail
Delivery. Any other suggestion?

answered -- please
>reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message
thread. ***

>In news:b9d901c3ec5a$3d0315d0$a601280a@phx.gbl,
>Sigi wrote:
>
>> I use OUTLOOK 97. Emails arrive every 20-30min
>> automatically. Can I reset the time intervals that
OUTLOOK
>> checks for new mail? The only way I can receive emails
>> which have just been sent is by going into TOOLS then
>> clicking on "Check for new mail".
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/6/2004 4:40:49 AM
Are you using Internet mail or are you connecting to an Exchange server?  Do
you have the Internet Mail Enhancement Patch installed?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:b73801c3ec6b$64ed1260$a401280a@phx.gbl,
Sigi wrote:

> I do not have anything in Option that has to do with Mail
> Delivery. Any other suggestion?

There is no Mail Delivery Tab in Option, hope you have
another suggestion

0
anonymous (74722)
2/6/2004 8:07:54 PM
I am using "Internet Mail" , what is "Internet Mail
Enhancement Patch?" I am sure I don't have that.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/6/2004 8:10:34 PM
Thank you so much, I just found the "Internet Mail
Enhancement Patch", downloaded it - AND IT WORKED.
One question I have now: What should my setting be on for
email format? MIME or UUENCODE? What is the difference?

0
anonymous (74722)
2/6/2004 9:08:08 PM
I don't think it matters much...MIME appears to be the more popular format.
You can read more about these issues here:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/imep.htm
http://www.chilton.com/~jimw/mime.html

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:c21d01c3ecf5$52568390$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Sigi wrote:

> Thank you so much, I just found the "Internet Mail
> Enhancement Patch", downloaded it - AND IT WORKED.
> One question I have now: What should my setting be on for
> email format? MIME or UUENCODE? What is the difference?

I use OUTLOOK 97. Emails arrive every 20-30min automatically. Can I reset the time intervals that OUTLOOK checks for new mail? The only way I can receive emails which have just been sent is by going into TOOLS then clicking on "Check for new mail". The setting should be in Tools | Options, on the Mail Delivery tab. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:b9d901c3ec5a$3d0315d0$a601280a@phx.gbl, Sigi wrote: > I use OUTLOOK 97. Emails arri...

Check for New Mail
I am trying to create a sort of Help Desk system for my department. I have linked the database to a generic Mailbox so the e-mails appear as a linked table in the Table area. I then import the data into manually created table so i can use the data. Is there any way of identifying new e-mail so I can copy it from the linked table into my manual table and assign it a number. Any ideas would be most appreciated. ...

Minimized and still check for new mail.
I was wondering if Outlook 2000 can be minimized (out of the taskbar) and still be able to check for new mail. Can you point me to the setting that I need to change? Look here for a registry hack that will minimize Outlook to the system tray, where it will still run and check for new mail: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/usertips.htm#mintray -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Jason" <jasonlambert@neo.rr.com> wrote in message n...

I don't want Outlook to automatically check for new mail when it starts
(Outlook 2000) I've searched on everything I can think of in the knowledge base, Outlook help, and the advanced search on microsoft.com. All I want to do is change the most basic preference in any e-mail program: set it to NOT check for mail when it starts up. Dumbfounded and dazed... You've posted no information that would permit an answer. Post your mail account type, Connection type, and automatic polling settings. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Steve" <jillcoan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:368201c3e21c$719fde10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > (Outlook 200...

Check for new mail on Outlook 2000 with Exchange
Where is the setting to set the frequency to check for new mail with Outlook 2000 while using a profile for an Exchange server? I know under Internet E-mail there's a "check my local network connection(s) for new mail every _". Or does new mail get pushed from the Exchanged Server when connected? Thanks. Tony It gets pushed from the Exchange server as long as you're connected to it. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post qu...

Outlook XP (2002) Fails to check for new mail when started
Client PC XP SP2 with Office 2002 SBE SP2. When launching Outlook the user must perform a "Send/Receive" as the client does not check for mail when first started. However, automatic check will occur as configured and does check every two (2) minutes. None of [my] Google searches have turned up with any remedies. Suggestions, please? Thanks in advance. M M <nothing@nospamplease.com> wrote: > Client PC XP SP2 with Office 2002 SBE SP2. > > When launching Outlook the user must perform a "Send/Receive" as the > client does not check for mail when firs...