New Disk - Can't find data file

Hi

I have just installed a new disk as a primary disk and
installed winxp pro and office pro on it.  I have then
hooked my old disk up as a slave and wanted to copy my
outlook data file onto my new disk.  The problem is I
can't find any .pst files.  So my question is where would
my outlook file be and what will it be called ?

Thanks
0
jon.astle (1)

query to find when an event happened
I have 12 years of weather data in one table, and have queries to give me total rainfalls between different dates etc, as well as max and min temperatures. What I would like now is a query to tell me what date in a selected range the max or min temperature was. I have tried the WHERE clause just see what it would return but I got a syntax error. Thanks See: Getting a related field from a GroupBy (total) queryat: http://www.mvps.org/access/queries/qry0020.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/...

mutimedia messages coming to inbox without attached files
Sending a picture from my phone to email. I use Outlook 2002 to read and send emails. Message arrive but not the attached picture. My phone company email site recieves the picture without any problem. Is there a setting in OUtlook that is stopping the picture? ...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

I used "save as" but now can't locate original file
I was using a file (November), changed the data, clicked "save as" (December. Now, November is the same as December. Any possibility there's a temp file of November anywhere? Book I believe you have not done as you describe. If you had a previously saved November workbook open and made some changes then File>Save As and named it December, November workbook will still be on your computer in its previous state. Unless you saved it as November with the changes. From where did you open November workbook? It will still be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 1...

Default properties for new folders

Need to Transfer Files Between Money and Quicken
I've got an interesting problem here. I need to transfer files between Money 2002 and Quicken Premium 2004. The first four attempts at having Quicken read exported QIF files has been a disaster. Quicken is absolutely no help. Their built-in help is referring me to webpages that don't exist. There is supposed to be a tool to convert the file format, but the fine print says it is for converting between previous versions of Quicken and Quicken 2004, but it "may work" for converting Money files. A Quicken guru says I need to export Money files to XML in order to bring the files i...

New Email Messages

Can't import .pst file to reloaded Outlook
Can anyone help? Windows XP crashed and I was forced to reinstall the whole thing. Before doing so, I managed to export my personal folders to a .pst file that I put on a cdRom. When I reinstalled Outlook and tried to import that .pst file from the cdRom, I got an error message saying that access was denied to the file. I then saved it to my hard drive and tried again. This time I was able to import the file but all it did was put an empty folder in my list. The information that was supposed to be there does not seem to be. Is there a solution to retrieve my e-mails? Please h...

How do I find the fat content for certain foods
I have just downloaded the excel template for weekly diet. How do I find the fat content for certain foods? Their labels? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4C18CFC-1ED0-4B41-8237-B11B8C778C6E@microsoft.com... >I have just downloaded the excel template for weekly diet. How do I find >the > fat content for certain foods? Check out: http://www.ntwrks.com/~mikev/chart1.html -- Gary''s Student "Kay" wrote: > I have just downloaded the excel template for we...

restoring system data from external HD .bkf files
Hello My OS is Windows XP Media edition 2005. I recently reformatted my HD and now I am trying to restore my Office Outlook files (.pst) plus system settings. I have been only able to access personal files and folders. I really need the ..pst files. When I run the backup - restore wizard the check marks appear on the two "C" drives, out of 14,471 MB on the external HD, only about 350 MB are restored, the field "processed" reads "0" How can I restore the rest of my system from the external HD? Thanks -- Zubenelshamali On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:53:4...

New Location/New setup

Looking for Microsoft Office Binary File Format or File Signature data
I have an application which obtains numerous "unidentifiable" files with no file extension, via FTP, and would like to run some sort of binary filter on it to identify PPT, DOC, XLS file formats. I did fine this: http://www.garykessler.net/library/file_sigs.html But it seems a messy way of accomplishing this, and is incomplete. Any clues as to finding the binary record format and/or file signatures of Office documents (Office 2000 and greater). - Thanks ...

how to copy data in folder to ThumbDriv and use in other computer
I want to copy data in outlook folders of one computer(office unit) to be used or pasted and read to another computer (at home),pls kindly advice how to do it? ...

Cannot Open 2002 Files in 2004
USA Money 2002. Moved 2002 files to flash drive and tried to open them using Money 2004 and I get this message "Type your password to access your files." The friedn I am helping does not ever remember using a password. I guess the only option is to use the Money 2002 program on the old hardrvie and see if that will allow us to access the file. Thanks Smith The most typical case is where you are trying to switch regions. Your second option requires that Money 2002 be installed. This sounds like you are trying to upgrade a computer. BTW you can have multiple versions of Mo...

How do I activate the new mail button

Disruption of order of data series in 100% stacked charts
I have built a 100% stacked chart based on 4 yearly series. My problem is the series are not displayed in the same order in every stack. In one of the stacks, one data point jumps up from the bottom to the center, like so: a a a b d b c b c d c d 2001 2002 2003 (d jumps up in year 2002) I would like the series to be aligned and so to appear in the same order in every stack. Tweaking the series order setting only serves to displace the problem. Thanks for any suggestion. Could you also post some typical data? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft ...

Low disk space
I am running realy low on hard drive space on my laptop. When I run uninstall I notice all the windows update files. My question is can you uninstall update files or will it remove the updates from my laptop and mess everything up? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated GQrocks wrote: > I am running realy low on hard drive space on my laptop. When I run > uninstall I notice all the windows update files. My question is can > you uninstall update files or will it remove the updates from my > laptop and mess everything up? Any information on this would be &...

How can I know when a field is repeating during while data entry
My manager has this query. He is entering the stock details of his phamacy. He has 6 columns. One is "name of the distributor", the second is "bill number or invoice number", the third is "amount to be paid", the fourth is "cheque number" the fifth is whether it has been "paid" or is "unpaid". The lst coumn I have given conditional formatting, so that if it is paid, it will show the fonts in green and if it is unpaid, it will show the fonts in red. Now our query is that after say about 50 rows of enteries made, he would like ...

Style available all sheets new or old

view a pub file
Hi I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher ?? thank you You can't. You will have to ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file for you. If they can't and this is a one time thing, you are welcome to forward the file onto me and I'll do it for you. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Photo" <Photo@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:44b04061$0$881$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Hi > I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher > ?? &g...

Problems with the sample data wizard
Hi, i want some help in some few questions about the installation of the sample data wizard, and add some domain users to the crm. i had yesterday installed a crm (with the Adventure Works Cycle licence) on a win 2003 environment, i have a sql server machine, an D.C. machine, and finally a machine in wich i have installed the crm, with no problems (the user that i use to install crm was a domain administrator). i assigned a licence to that user, and give he all crm default roles. than i reboot the crm machine and log in with that user, run the crm and no problems were encountred, i ad...