New Computer #3

How do I move my settings, emails, address book, etc...
to my new computer. I'm mostly concerned with Outlook
because it's the program I use most often. I have an
older computer running WIN2K Pro. I purchased a new Dell
computer with Windows XP Pro also with Office 2003. Again
how do I make my new Outlook have all the information and
settings that my old computer has. I do have both
computers connected on my home network and they can see
each other. But I'm not sure what to copy over. Any help
would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul

The file you need to copy and re-use up is your Personal Folders file
(*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored.

Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Paul" <paulrobertcohen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I move my settings, emails, address book, etc...
> to my new computer. I'm mostly concerned with Outlook
> because it's the program I use most often. I have an
> older computer running WIN2K Pro. I purchased a new Dell
> computer with Windows XP Pro also with Office 2003. Again
> how do I make my new Outlook have all the information and
> settings that my old computer has. I do have both
> computers connected on my home network and they can see
> each other. But I'm not sure what to copy over. Any help
> would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul

0
russval (3097)
12/31/2003 10:06:46 AM
Hi,

Its really easy just do the following;-

Ensure you have folder list view on
(if not, go to View, and select Folder List)
Click on [Outlook Today - Mailbox - Username]
File, Import / Export
Select Export to a file
Click Next
Select Personal Folder File (.pst)
Click Next
Select 'Include Subfolders'
Click Next
Select location where you want the pst file to be saved
Select 'Do not export duplicate items'
Click Finish.

All your emails, calender, notes etc will be backed up to
your single PST file.  Word of warning though, it could be
quite large and may take some time.

Once completed, repeat the process on your new system and
import this time.

Any problems then please come back to me.

Thank you.

Steve Garlinge.

Steve Garlinge <s.garlinge@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Click on [Outlook Today - Mailbox - Username]
> File, Import / Export
> Select Export to a file
> Click Next
> Select Personal Folder File (.pst)
> Click Next
> Select 'Include Subfolders'
> Click Next
> Select location where you want the pst file to be saved
> Select 'Do not export duplicate items'
> Click Finish.

Do NOT use Export.  The best way is to simply copy your EXISTING .pst file
to the new computer and simply open it in the new Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
12/31/2003 5:33:28 PM
You can also try the office save my settings wizard. Not everything is
compatible between the two, but it's worth a shot:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312978

--
~jason k
please reply in group.
"Paul" <paulrobertcohen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I move my settings, emails, address book, etc...
> to my new computer. I'm mostly concerned with Outlook
> because it's the program I use most often. I have an
> older computer running WIN2K Pro. I purchased a new Dell
> computer with Windows XP Pro also with Office 2003. Again
> how do I make my new Outlook have all the information and
> settings that my old computer has. I do have both
> computers connected on my home network and they can see
> each other. But I'm not sure what to copy over. Any help
> would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

11.3.3 update causes Problems
I have autoupdates turned on, and this is the first update that has caused problems for me. I've figured out that post-update (which has been applied 3 times), if Entourage is running, I can not launch Word, Excel, or Powerpoint. I get an error telling me that it cannot load the Shared Libraries. If Entourage is not running, everything starts fine. I can then start Entourage. This is extremely inconvenient, as I use Entourage for my work email. What's the workaround for this? Is there a known issue with the updated? I am running MacOS X 10.4.8 on a 15" MacBook Pro with the...

CRM 3.0 Installation 11-07-05
When installing CRM 3.0, just after I accept the licence agreement, I get the following error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation font Tahoma doesn't support style Regular Can anyone help? The server I'm installing on is also a Sharepoint Portal Server, should this cause any issues? Thanks, Dan. Specific questions related to CRM v3 should be addressed to the Early Access newsgroup. For connection details see: https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources/newsgroups.doc -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dan Baird" <DanBaird@d...

New Email Messages

Line Graphs #3
Is there a way to shade the area between two lines in a line graph, while leaving the rest unshaded? Yep, try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart2.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html _______ "SecretaryII" <SecretaryII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96672ABF-085A-4B98-9CA6-2302A9F458B4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to shade...

Money 2007 file wont update from one computer to another
Ok, I have a desktop with Vista and laptop with XP home. I use the notebook when Im away at work and the Vista desktop when Im home. When I got home I wanted my money file from the notebook to be transfered to the desktop but... when I copy the file from the notebook to my external USB HD and then paste it to the desktop to replace the existing one the file does not reflect changes made on the file version on the notebook. When I copy the file from the notebook to the USB HD and then open it it shows one balance. but when I then paste that file to the desktop it shows a different balan...

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

how to copy data in folder to ThumbDriv and use in other computer
I want to copy data in outlook folders of one computer(office unit) to be used or pasted and read to another computer (at home),pls kindly advice how to do it? ...

Style available all sheets new or old

Adding new pages

CRM 3.0
When trying to execute any of the reports, I get this error: Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: StrongName cannot have an empty string for the assembly name. (rsProcessingError) Any ideas why? Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_0A1767AF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <mkatsev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When trying to execute any of the reports, I get this error: > Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: StrongName cannot have an > empty string for the assembly name. (rsProcessingError) Probably a .NET 2.0 issue. See...

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

Button "New Account" in Sub-Accountsview opens Parent account
When I open an account, and then go to the subaccounts of that account, I click on the Button "New Account" to create a new subaccount for this account. Instead of opening a new account form, the application opens the original Account form. Anybody an idea how this is possible? Regards, Sanne groenhof -- MSCRM, hosted as ASP, and configured for your business. Sanne, Have you installed any specific toolbars in your Internet Explorer? Like google toolbar/msn toolbar? -- Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Sanne" wrote: > When I open an account, and then go to...

new to old
hi, A web designing company has just done us a website, and part of it includes the database of our stock. They have written/created it on access xp, but we have only got and old version of access. Can we open/use/update files written in access xp on an older version of access? thanks very much jethro Hi Jethro, It depends. By default Access 2002 (XP) uses the Access 2000 file format, so if you have Access 2000 you may be able to use the database as is. However, if the database is in the form of an mde file created by Access 2002 it will be in Access 2002 format. Otherwise (i.e. if t...