Networking Outlook #5

In my home, I have 3 computers, all with Outlook 2002.  I
wish to set up a network, and be able to publish a
calendar for the entire family to use.  I hope I'm saying
this right.  Computer 1 is in my office, computer 2 in
the family room, computer 3 is in my wife's room.  If I
make a change on my calendar, I wish it to be shown on
the calendar on the other 2 machines, and the same with
theirs to my computer.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
0
capemayal (5)

....some options here:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

<capemayal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In my home, I have 3 computers, all with Outlook 2002.  I
> wish to set up a network, and be able to publish a
> calendar for the entire family to use.  I hope I'm saying
> this right.  Computer 1 is in my office, computer 2 in
> the family room, computer 3 is in my wife's room.  If I
> make a change on my calendar, I wish it to be shown on
> the calendar on the other 2 machines, and the same with
> theirs to my computer.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

0
patrickareed (498)

Outlook Meeting Updates
Outlook 2007 Calendar When an existing meeting has been updated and notification sent to attendees, the recipients (invitees) do not see an indication in the Subject line that the meeting has been updated. They have to open up the invitation and what they see is the original date or time with a strike-through over it and the new date and time beside it. It's not obvious to the invitee that this is an update to an existing invitation or a new invitation. It becomes confusing to the invitee and causes the invitees to call the meeting organizer to clarify. Suggestion for ...

Outlook #50
switched to dsl and it automatically put my e-mail into express and i prefer outlook..i've tried to switch, following all instructions...OL will still not open as it says it does not know where to send or receive e-mails. What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) Have you used Outlook on this particular computer before? I...

Cannot backup Outlook.pst
I use SecondCopy to backup my main files. I've just run it to copy C:\Documents and Settings and all its contents. On checking the log I see this entry: "Cannot copy file C:\Documents and Settings\Terry\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" Yet Outlook 2002 is NOT running and has not been running during this backup. OUTLOOK.EXE does not appear in XP Task Mgr. Could it be because my Pocket PC is cradled and Active Sync is loaded? I find this interactivity/conflict between...

outlook express works outlook 2002 does not
Can anyone help me, I have been using outlook express to send and receive e-mail with no problems however I have just loaded a new version of outlook 2002 and can receive e-mail no probs but cannot send, I have checked my settings and they are the same for both outlook and outlook express, this is driving me mad can anyone help or make some suggestions.cheers Andrew United Kingdom What error do you get when you are trying to send? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 --...

How do I backup data in Outlook?
I have Office 97 and recently started using the Outlook feature, but can't find the file where the data is stored so I can back it up to a disk. I have searched the Manual that came with the product, but apparently Microsoft doesn't see a need to backup data. Does anyone know how to do this? Look for a file with the extension of .PST. Your addresses are likely stored in a file with the extension of .PAB. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Len" ...

Outlook 2002 icon in systray for Outlook 2003 install
Hello, Recently upgraded from Office 2002 to Office 2003 and have been having a lot of problems getting the correct Office 2003 icons to appear. I was able to correct all the desktop/explorer icons by changing my display settings down to 256 color and then back up to 32 bit. However, the Outlook icon in the systray stubbornly remains as the Outlook 2002 icon. No matter how many times I quit, log out and log in, quit and restart Outlook, refresh the desktop, etc, this icon will not change. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave Dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Howev...

outlook 2003 and exchange 5.5
I noticed that inbound email is not staying inbound, don't know if it is a problem with outlook 2003 or exchange 5.5. inbound messages are routed to our local ISP and sent back to exchange. does anyone know what this problem is? Thanks Ahastain Are you orohosp.com ? 100 orohosp.com.sunsetnet.mail1.psmtp.com. [TTL=900] IP=12.158.34.245 200 orohosp.com.sunsetnet.mail2.psmtp.com. [TTL=900] IP=12.158.34.245 300 orohosp.com.sunsetnet.mail3.psmtp.com. [TTL=900] IP=63.240.165.100 400 orohosp.com.sunsetnet.mail4.psmtp.com. [TTL=900] IP=63.240.165.100 500 inbound-mail.orohosp.com. [TTL=900...

Outlook delays...
Outlook 2000 is running very slow when I click on the pull-down menus and when I click on messages to open them. It takes an average of 10-15 seconds before a menu will drop or a message will open. I'm running Windows XP Home edition; AMD 1.7mhz processor; 512 megs of RAM Outlook did not always perform this slow. Any idea what the problem is? Is there some delay or some other setting that I need to edit in the registry? Any help would be greatly appreciated, D. ...

Troubles with sharing over business network
I am trying to set up computers that are running on a small business network. We need to share folders that are on the desktop but when we set them up to be shared they are not recognized by the other computers. There are a few computers that are working but our newer computers are not. Nathan Niewohner wrote: > I am trying to set up computers that are running on a small business network. > We need to share folders that are on the desktop but when we set them up to > be shared they are not recognized by the other computers. There are a few > computers that are worki...

outlook personal folder
My personal folder is just over 2gb and I can't seem to delete anything in the folder to make some more space as the outlook software just freezes. Is there a way of deleting these folders without the software freezing For earlier versions of Outlook 2GB is the max check out http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm for a tool that can be used to crop some date, unfortunately this will result in data loss "marilyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067601c3fad8$6128ce50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > My personal folder is just over 2gb and...

outlook 2007 will not index
OEM outlook 2007 Vista ultimate 32 bit, Cannot get indexing to work. Result is that only some emails are indexed, and when an instant search is tried, the folder being searched and the search facility turn orange, message states that emails are not indexed have re-indexed many times through control panel, several techs have also tried to resolve problem. ...

GP 7.5 to 9.0 upgrade failed during "Load Table Auto Procs"
Hi, Upgrading a client from GP 7.5 (SP6) SQL to 9.0 In the "Server Installation Progress" window (normal upgrade in GP Utilities) During "Updating database: xxxxxx" in step "Load Table Auto Procs" We receive the message (window title: Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities): "The stored procedure UpdateDB_Upgrade() of form duSQL Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0." with the OK button. Responded to the message 4 times, then... "Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities install/upgrade failed." Anyone run ...

Outlook and Being Networked
I have a two PC running Outlook 2003. Both our networked together through our wireless network, both running XP Home Edition. I'm wanting to keep both .pst files current on each PC so that no matter what PC you currently use, you can access your files and such. I've looked and have read most of the links and articles on http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm and have read many KB articles on Microsoft. Most of these programs cost and I've tried some over their trial period and didn't quite like how they operated or it just wasn't what I needed. So, how can one...

Outlook 2000 #37
When I recieve a message with an attachment, outlook used to prompt me to save it or to open it. Now it opens it automaticly when you click on it. Is there a way to put it back(get prompt)? ...

DST Exchange 5.5 "manual fix"
Hi Everyone I'm currently working on a migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Unfortunately I wont be done with my migration before March 11th hits us. Does anyone know if there is a manual fix for Exchange 5.5 to address the DST 2007 new date and time. We do not have a Microsoft Premier support agreement so they are telling me to take a long walk off a short cliff. any help would be greatly appreciated. Jason Hammond On 16 Jan 2007 15:30:43 -0800, "WonderBoy" <jason.hammond@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone > > I'm currently working on a migrat...

Outlook Update
Hello, Do I need to make Outlook 2000 updates? If so, please can you tell me why I'm having this error while I'm trying to update: You need to create or enlist a Customer Manager Database before you can use this feature. Thanks in advance. foxy291 <foxy291@msn.com> wrote: > Do I need to make Outlook 2000 updates? What update do you wish to install? > If so, please can you tell me why I'm having this error while I'm > trying to update: You need to create or enlist a Customer Manager > Database before you can use this feature. That sounds like the Bu...

Tracking meeting request responses in Outlook
I have cross posted this to the Access-General, Outlook-General, and Outlook-programming-vba news groups to expand my pool of expertise. I have a co-worker that wants to be able to print out the list of invitees and threir responses to a meeting request (what is visible when you select the "Show - Tracking" ribbon option in 2007. We cannot figure out a way to print or even copy this info. He has more than two pages of invitees, and would prefer not to do a screen print. Any ideas? Is this information visibile from within VBA? I linked my calendar to an Access ...

Microsoft Outlook #28
I misspelt my name on installing Microsoft Outlook, and I need to change two letters and delete one. How do I do this?? Graham ...

Outlook #277
Hi All, does anyone know you we can disable the following message to come up: A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If it is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Thanks Henk These prompts are from the Outlook Email Security Updates contained in all current versions of Outlook and in all Service Packs after SP1 for Outlook 2000. These updates add additional actions to the list of those that are blocked from accessing the Outlook Address Book. Antivirus and antispam add-ins are a common cause and oth...

Multiple Calendars appearing on Outlook Today
I have a separate calendar for my uni studies to my default calendar. How do I get the uni calendar details to appear on Outlook Today with my default calendar details? "Matt Dunne" <Matt Dunne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AB219B9-1B8B-4475-B625-08B072C43E9D@microsoft.com... >I have a separate calendar for my uni studies to my default calendar. > > How do I get the uni calendar details to appear on Outlook Today with my > default calendar details? You'll need to write your own Outlook Today web page. -- Brian Tillman [M...

How can Outlook be reinstalled on XP
Working with XP Pro. User was using only Outlook Express and deleted every file relating to Outlook. Now they want to install Outlook and there is nothing to be found. How can Outlook be reinstalled? Thanks Outlook or Outlook Express? For Outlook; insert the Office CD For Outlook Express; reinstall Internet Explorer 6 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Robert" <Robert@donotspam.com> wrote in message news:u4ckZYyfEHA.904@TK2MSFTN...

How do I uninstall Outlook 2007
I downloaded and installed Office 2007 SBA and it installed everything, but I didn't want Outlook as I use Windows Live Mail. I went into Control Panel and thinking there would be a "repair" option, but was just presented with the dialog "are you sure you want to uninstall Microsoft Office 2007?" and was afraid to click Yes because I only want to uninstall Outlook, not the whole thing. Can someone tell me how to uninstall just Outlook? Thanks. I posted this same message on 03/31/2010 but cannot find it and no one has posted any followup. Thanks in a...

Outlook express rules into outlook
Hi, I'm a long term user of Outlook Express, mainly for its ability to handle news as well as mail. Its message store as little flaky, to say the least, so I'm attempting to migrate back to Outlook for mail, I'm intending to try to use Windows Live Mail for news, since it seems to have a more robust message store. I've imported my Outlook Express accounts, messages and rules, after a fashion. The rules do not seem to have survived the import unscathed. I have many rules of the form: If 'from' contains 'address' OR If 'to or cc' contains 'addr...

Outlook crash on startup
I have a user whose Outlook crashes on startup. It says that Outlook has encountered a problem and will close (faulting module is outllib.dll). The event from the application log is at the bottom of this message. If I delete her mail profile and recreate it, she can get open it. But, when she closes Outlook and tries to get back in, it crashes. I tried the steps from the MS article 291614, no help. We have ghosted her machine and it still happens. When I remove the folder list from the view, the problem does not occur and she can close and open Outlook fine. Event Type: Error...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...