Netscape wants to come up even when outlook is default client #2

i have a strange problem. I have users that click on an
email link and about every 3 out of 10 times the system
will launch netscape messenger instead of outlook 2002(
which is set as the default mail client).Any ideas?

Teaching outlook on campus
Anyone have any success teaching outlook. Any suggestions on how you did it? Were you able to use the software? How did you manage outlook accounts - through exchange??? Thank you for any help! if you're going to be teaching Outlook, it's a good idea to have an Exchange server...what is it you want to teach? If you just want to teach basics of email, you could use Outlook Express with some pop accounts somewhere, perhaps...what is the objective? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "sakers" <srekasara@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158099531.352647.242130@i3g2000cwc.googl...

how can I add saved e-mails address's in outlook to my contacts
when I reply to e-mails, the e-mail address is saved if I want to e-mail them again, but they are not saved in my contacts if I want to add senders address to a distribution list? R click the address you want to save > Add to Contacts If you think you want to save every recipient automatically (doubtful) you can use a third party utility for that. Or wait until Outlook 2010 where you can save entries in your autocompletion cache to your Contacts. -- Russ Valentine "dhoney" <dhoney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7CDAC7E-9D12-45EA-8E67-774F...

Outlook and webmail
Can I use Outlook to download my Outlook webmail from our exchange server? Outlook 2000 on Win2000 using an ADSL connection. ...

Outlook XP
Hi, One of our users is using Outloook XP on a Windows XP PC, when he wants to exit from outlook program it's status becoming not responding and until he ended the task it is waiting continiously. He is connected to our exchange 2000 server and also he has personel folder at his PC. There is no error message in the local event log files. How can we solve the problem. Best regards, Bayram Guldibi. try creating a new profile for outlook Does this person have a PDA, Fax software, Franklin Covey Plan Plus! or any other software that uses Outlook? If yes, try closing the program and s...

Outlook 2000 Password Problem
I have Outlook 2000 on my PC. One feature that I really like is that can type my password in once and for as long as that particular sessio is active the program will never ask me for my password again. Once leave the program the program will then again request the password fo email authentication. I have just gotten a laptop and I installe Outlook 2000 on it. The laptop makes me type in the password each time Is there a way for Outlook 2000 to remember my password each sessio without checking the Save Password box? Thanks, Chri ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

Want colors on screen, but not when print
How do you show colors (highlighted cells) on the screen but not when they print. (I'm not interested in the black & white option b/c that still shades the cells when printing). I have received workbooks in the past that have a lot of colors but print without any color indication at all. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. "=?Utf-8?B?TWVyZWRpdGg=?=" <Meredith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9A277E67-990B-4DBA-98E3-55ED57549D11@microsoft.com: > How do you show colors (highlighted cells) on the screen but not when > they print. (I'm not inte...

Brand new install fails to even start
Hi, I just purchased Money + H&B and got home and installed it. The install went fine. There was something about checking for updates and it looked like what ever that was, that it did it. However when I go to start money, the splash screen appears for a split second and then disappears. No error message, no log entries, not a thing... Anybody seen this before? any tips? Thanks What operating system? XP or Vista? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not spec...

Outlook Express -- 0X800CCC79
I cannot figure out how to get rid of this error. I cannot find the "storage bin" that this e-mail is being stored. I had accidentally typed my e-mail address wrong, and now cannot get rid of this error. I have since corrected, but this error pops up every time I open or close OE. The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'sandijohnson2@verizon.net'. Subject '', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: ...

Netscape 7
Anyone know how to import mail from Netscape 7 into Outlook Express? Thanks, Ed ...

URGENT: Cannot setup new outlook profiles because Global Address List is not reachable
Hi everybody! We have a very great trouble!! Please, help us We have two servers - Server1: Windows 2K SP3 is a Domain Controller and Global Catalog for DOMAI - Server2: Windows 2K SP3 is a Server of DOMAIN (not a DC) and it is running Exchange 2000 SP All of then up and running with no problems UNTIL.. After a very odd crash, we had to demote and promote Server1 from being the GC. OK But, then... we have realized that from the view of point of Outllook clients the Global Address List was empty We are not able to access Global Adress List from the Exchange Manager. When we are navi...

XP Outlook error "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook..."
After recently installing Office XP 2002 I haven't been able to open Outlook. I used Outlook a lot in my previous Office version and I had very extensive Contact, Calendar, and E-mail folders. The first error told me that Outlook couldn't find my folders and then it shut down. Now when I try to open Outlook, I get an error that says "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Could not open the item. Try again." I did some brief checking about it error on other websites and was told that it might have something to do with a missing secur32.dll file? If so, how do I fix tha...

Outlook sends same email many times
HI, Occasionally Outlook will send the same email many times to my recipient. I don't know this because the message remains in my outbox with the appearance of not being transmitted. But in fact, Outlook has sent the message to recipient over and over until I deleted it from the outbox. One person received an eight emails, but this same email was still in my outbox. This seems to happen when I have attached a file to the email. This is a real problem... Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. ...

Notebook wtih .29 pixel pitch wanted
For my eyes, computer monitors with .29 pixel pitch are perfect. I'm in the market for a new laptop, and want to buy one that has this kind of display. Can someone suggest one? Or where/how I can have one built? Thanks. Fishy I doubt very much you will find a NEW notebook with those configurations There is the Magnify Window in Win7 however Or would a OLD Monitor hooked to the laptop work? I know this defeats the purpose of a laptop but I don't think you will find a .29 pixel pitch or > screen being made in the world today?? :( Sorry Russ -- Russell Grover...

I cannot get my pivotchart to filter data the way I want
On the x-axis I have 1440 data points in a drop down box in a pivotchart. I want to select 60 data points to view at a time, right now I have to individually select all sixty all datapoints to view. Help please. ...

How to open outlook in my SMTP inbox
I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP professional. I have a SMTP mail account. My mail folders lists a group called "Personal Folders" and a group called "Work mail". The latter contains my SMTP folders. Each of these groups contains an item called "Inbox". When I open outlook, it opens the Inbox in "Personal Folders" whereas I'd like it to open in the inbox of "Work Mail". I already have "Work Mail" set as default. Please help, -M Tools, options, other, advanced options - browse for the folder you want to open outlook to....

Outlook.pst location chnge in Outlook 2000
How do I change the location of my outlook.pst and related .pst files say I want to store them on my D drive instaed of C:\Documents and Settings\Harsh Sharma\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Thanks If you cut and paste your current file to the new location, then go to Control Panel > Mail, find the profile you are currently using, select 'Show Profile' or equivalent, select the profile you're using, click 'properties', select 'Data files' or equivalent, click 'Add', click 'ok', then find your copied file in the new lo...

outlook problem
I just asked a question and failed to mention that I am using MS Vista -- Thanks, dlf ...

Outlook 2000 SR-1 #2
After installing MS Outlook 2000 SR1, I am unable to open file attachments by double clicking on them. I am required to save them to disk before opening them. Is there an option to turn this off in Outlook 2000 SR-1 and go ahead and open these from within Outlook? Any registry settings to disable this security feature? Thanks in advance, Drew Hargrave, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA Network Engineer ahargrave@avazpour.com Avazpour Networking Services, Inc. 3822 Summit Kansas City, MO 64111 http://www.avazpour.com (816) 531-8777 ext 348 Mind your business, Not your network! ...

Definition/Workaround: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook" Outlook 2003
Hi, Seen a lot of postings about this, but no real solution. Environment: Windows Server 2003 SP1 member server/Outlook 2003 SP1 (and I believe Outlook 2003 RTM) When starting Outlook the following message appears and Outlook exits: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Workaround: 1) Remove Windows Server 2003 SP1 2) Encrypt Data Between Microsoft Exchange in Outlook Profile ...

i want to open database exclusively
i wanted to modify the data in my access database but i received an error message stating that i had to open database exclusively. What does it mean? what should i do to open my database exclusively? Thank you. Carlita You have posted an Access question to an Excel news group. Are the two connected in some way? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:39:03 -0800, Carlita Siew <Carlita Siew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i wanted to modify the data in my access database but i received an error >message stating that i had to open database exclusively. >What does it...

ISInteg fixes folder errors after server slow downs seen from client...
Sorry, for the subject line, it was the best I could come up with. I have a long standing problem on my Ex2K server. This is a production server that's been up for many years now. At one point it was a 5.5 server until about 3 years ago when I upgraded it Outlook clients will start experiencing delays reading/retrieving email. They get that nasty "Contacting Server" popup a lot. It's at this point I dismount the information store and run ISInteg with the -Fix option. It finds a few errors in the "Folder Test" and fixes them. Then Outlook is back to it's snappy...

remote access #2
What is the best way to access exchange remotely? We have 6 satelite offices that connect to our network through VPN. Currently, each of the sites are useing OWA, but they are not satisified with the functionality of it. Any suggestions? If they are connected via VPN, then they should be able to run full Outlook. Outlook 2003 in cached mode will do wonders on network bandwidth, even compared to OWA. The other option is Outlook RPC/HTTP. This requires Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 AD, but once implemented, would allow folks to not only connect from other offices, but also from home...

I want $10000 Loan urgently
I had visited www.getmaxloan.com and got a $5000 loan in just a few minutes. I want $10000 Loan urgently but i am not able to find the same link again can anybody tell me how to search for the same link " it said " get $ 5000 loan in 1 min " please help its very urgent. Tina ...

Want to load MSPublisher97 on my laptop running windowsXP. Error.
I'm running Windows XP Home on a Sony VAIO Laptop with Pentium 4 processor Tried to load MSPublisher97 and got the message that it would not load.. the exact wording of the error message is: C:\WINDOWS|SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose "Close" to terminate the application. Any help would be appreciated... I really don't understand since I'm also using MS Office97 and it loaded just fine! Puzzled! Dave Perkins daveylee@daveylee.com Some things to try Disable your virus software...

Outlook 2007 will not open 01-09-10
When I try to open Outlook, I get an error that says "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." It was working fine and now it will not open Try starting Outlook with the resetnavpane switch; Start-> type; outlook.exe /resetnavpane (note the space in the command) For additional solutions to startup issues see; http://www.www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more htt...