Netscape browser; Outlook/Exchange email

Our organization's default email client is MS Outlook and default
browser is Netscape. Is there a way to configure Netscape so that, in
response to html mailto in the browser, either a) Outlook opens rather
than Netscape Mail, or b) Netscape mail uses the exchange server?

Thanks
Dave

0
dgmoore (2)

dgmoore@erols.com <dgmoore@erols.com> wrote:

> Our organization's default email client is MS Outlook and default
> browser is Netscape. Is there a way to configure Netscape so that, in
> response to html mailto in the browser, either a) Outlook opens rather
> than Netscape Mail, or b) Netscape mail uses the exchange server?

You can certainly configure Netscape Mail to use the Exchange server, either
as a POP server or as an IMAP server.  I've done both.  I can't tell you the
exact settings, though, because they vary from what I would use.  Ask your
Exchange admins for the correct settings.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Can Excel trigger Outlook reminder?
I hope I'm asking this question in the right forum. I would like to know if it is possible to create a basic spreadsheet where one of the columns is for due date and when that due date comes up a reminder is generated from Outlook? I think I understood correctly from a Google search that it can be done in Visual Basic but I have no idea how to do it. I'm also hoping it would not be complicated b/c I have not used VB. If that can't be done, how could I work it that the cell would change to red with due date comes? Thanks. A little more info on the spreadsheet I...

divs are different in different browsers

MS Outlook & Outlook Express Synchronization
Could some one please help me in the following inquiry: How can I synchronize my contacts between Outlook Express and MS Outlook? Thanx. Ahmed There really isnt a way to synchronize the contacts in Outlook with the contacts in Outlook Express. The only way to do something similar would be to import from Outlook Express to Outlook and import from Outlook to Outlook Express but this would have to be done any time there was a change and you may have some issues with duplicates being created. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Se...

Sync Gmail contacts to Outlook 2007?
I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for the calender, is there also another program to sync the contacts? -- endoftheline Do not multipost. -- Russ Valentine "endoftheline" <endoftheline.551688f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:endoftheline.551688f@outlookbanter.com... > > I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There > is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for > the calender, is th...

Blackberry vs Microsoft Exchange Mobile Services
Can someone give me pros and cons to both systems? We are at Exchange 2003 SP2. With Blackberry Devices can you work with Word, Excel, Powerpoint files? Is there another newsgroup I can post this question to? http://www.msd2d.com/ is a Good Forum where you can post your queries. Blackberry device will work very well with ms-office files. regards, Biplab Mistry "Sabo, Eric" wrote: > Can someone give me pros and cons to both systems? > > We are at Exchange 2003 SP2. > > With Blackberry Devices can you work with Word, Excel, Powerpoint files? >...

outlook calendar #8
Problem with deletions of meetings. upon deletion, attendees don't receive cancellation or cancellation was never removed and the meeting still appears to be active. This problem is on going... I went to the MSN support site, no answers close to the problem... can someone assist... IT Intern No wonder no answers are close to the problem, you have given us bare information upon which to troubleshoot. What version of Outlook are you using? Is Exchange in this equation? If yes, what version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion i...

Free Voice Email for Outlook
WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages to be recorded directly into email messages as MP3 attachments. WaxMail is available as a free download from http://www.waxmail.biz Not a very good way to spam --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <paul.andrews@netralia.com> wrote in message = news:1131619526.283980.218080@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages > to be recorded directly into email...

Animations in emails?
Hi, Is it possible to include animations in a page in publisher which I'm sending directly by email (not as an attachment), i.e. will the animations be animated or will they remain static? Thanks Did you think to email it to yourself and see what the answer is? That's the short answer, the long answer is that animated gifs are supported in html. The Send as mail feature turns the page into an html mail message. But how that message is received depends on the recievers email client and it's support of html and images (static or otherwise). -- David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] h...

Netscape 7
Anyone know how to import mail from Netscape 7 into Outlook Express? Thanks, Ed ...

URGENT: Cannot setup new outlook profiles because Global Address List is not reachable
Hi everybody! We have a very great trouble!! Please, help us We have two servers - Server1: Windows 2K SP3 is a Domain Controller and Global Catalog for DOMAI - Server2: Windows 2K SP3 is a Server of DOMAIN (not a DC) and it is running Exchange 2000 SP All of then up and running with no problems UNTIL.. After a very odd crash, we had to demote and promote Server1 from being the GC. OK But, then... we have realized that from the view of point of Outllook clients the Global Address List was empty We are not able to access Global Adress List from the Exchange Manager. When we are navi...

Outlook Express -- 0X800CCC79
I cannot figure out how to get rid of this error. I cannot find the "storage bin" that this e-mail is being stored. I had accidentally typed my e-mail address wrong, and now cannot get rid of this error. I have since corrected, but this error pops up every time I open or close OE. The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'sandijohnson2@verizon.net'. Subject '', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: ...

Outlook and blackberry #2
Hello, I am a computer consultant, and I have a client who has a Microsoft exchange account through a mail service provider called Sherweb. Originally, she only accessed this email account through outlook 2007 on her PC and all was well. then she purchased a blackberry curve and data plan through Verizon that allows her to sync her email/contacts/calendar between her blackberry and her outlook/exchange account. as soon as she did that, ALL new email coming into outlook on her PC shows up as read. Is there anything we can do so new email arriving under Outlook on her PC shows up as unre...

Cannot configure Outlook Contacts as my address book.
When I select To in Mail my contacts do not appear in an address book. In fact, there is not address book in the dropdown list. I tried going to Contacts Properties, but the 'show this folder as an address book' checkbox is greyed out. I am using Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 both installed as OEM. My Contacts were exported from my old computer (XP SP3 and Outlook 2003) using the export function as a .csv file then imported the same way into the new. Can you assist, please? Several possible problems here: 1. You would never transfer Contacts that way. You had a perfect...

Email address not being created in AD users and Computers
When I go to create a new user in AD Users and Computers, the SMTP and X.400 addresses do not show up in the Email Addresses Tab. I can manually create these addresses and even go the the Update Recepient Policy of the System Manager of the Exchange Server and manually update. However, this new user does not show up as a contact in Outlook. Any ideas?? HOw long are you waiting? Object creation takes some time, and then for the GAL it has to be pushed to the GC's. IN our envorinment, if we log on to the mailbox right after it is created, the whole process takes about 30 mins.... ...

Changing Target Browsers Option Default
Hi, When you create a new mail in Outlook 2003, utilizing Word as your default editor, a new window opens. This window includes a "Tools" drop down menu at the very top of screen with an "Options" sub menu choice. If you click on the "Options" tab an "Options" window pops up which includes a "General" tab. If you click on the "General" tab there are three buttons on the bottom: "Service Options" "Web Options" "E-mail Options". If you click on the "Web Options" button another wind...

Outlook/Word changing color depth on startup
Greeting, I am working on a computer that has a problem with word/outlook 2002. Whenever the one of thise apps is started the screen goes blank and comes back on with the color depth set to 8 bits. If I start word in safe mode it does not happen. I checked all of the start templates and AddINS/COMS and found nothing but normal.dot. I installed XPSP1 and it did not fix it. I installed the latest video drivers and it did not fix it. I replaced normal.dot and it did nto fix it. I ran a repair on Word/Outlook and it did not fix it. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it did not fix it. I am rea...

Outlook Reply All question
Greetings, We are using a mixture of Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000. We have an internal msmail post office for internal email. Here is the problem: A user crafts an email and addresses it to internet email addresses & internal email addresses. The message is sent successfully. The recipient gets the email. Presses Reply-All and crafts a response. Sends the email at which point it pukes up errors about each of the internal email addresses. I have examined the headers of the sent email and it does have references to our internal email address. How do I elimate the addresses from the hea...

outlook reached maximum size
"outlook reached maximum size" Hi, I've received the message "outlook reached maximum size". I have googled and there are some "fixes" for it but I wonder whether it's possible to fix the error using Windows tools? Any help will be greatly appreciated. What version of Outlook? "McLaren" <mclaren@uni.net> wrote in message news:OltonwAgKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > "outlook reached maximum size" > > Hi, > I've received the message "outlook reached maximum size". > I h...

How to do threading done in netscape with Outlook
I used to work with Netscape messanger where I could use this feature called threading. It allows me to group messages related to each other. For example, let's say there are four people sending messages to each other about the same subject called "outlook training". Let's call them Jack, Jill, John, and Paris. Jack sends a message to Jill, John, and Paris with subject "outlook training". Jill Replies to all and then John replies to Jill's reply. Lastly Paris replies to John's. With threading you could follow who has said what to whom. Much like you...

Emailing hidden recipients
Hi Does anyone know how after hiding a recipient from the GAL how users can still email it? I have a user I don't want to appear in the GAL, but some users still need to email him. I can easily hide the recipient, but users now obviously can't email him. Any ideas would be appreciated. Use the SMTP address of the hidden object. "amiller" <amiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCBF4257-69F4-4E23-8A4C-FF9D7F17FAF6@microsoft.com... > Hi > Does anyone know how after hiding a recipient from the GAL how users can > still email it? I have ...

outlook problem
I just asked a question and failed to mention that I am using MS Vista -- Thanks, dlf ...

Outlook.pst location chnge in Outlook 2000
How do I change the location of my outlook.pst and related .pst files say I want to store them on my D drive instaed of C:\Documents and Settings\Harsh Sharma\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Thanks If you cut and paste your current file to the new location, then go to Control Panel > Mail, find the profile you are currently using, select 'Show Profile' or equivalent, select the profile you're using, click 'properties', select 'Data files' or equivalent, click 'Add', click 'ok', then find your copied file in the new lo...

Outlook 2000 SR-1 #2
After installing MS Outlook 2000 SR1, I am unable to open file attachments by double clicking on them. I am required to save them to disk before opening them. Is there an option to turn this off in Outlook 2000 SR-1 and go ahead and open these from within Outlook? Any registry settings to disable this security feature? Thanks in advance, Drew Hargrave, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA Network Engineer ahargrave@avazpour.com Avazpour Networking Services, Inc. 3822 Summit Kansas City, MO 64111 http://www.avazpour.com (816) 531-8777 ext 348 Mind your business, Not your network! ...

E-mail Router & Cluster Exchange 2003
Hi, I have a question for you. Can I install CRM-Exchange E-mail Router in an enviroment with two nodes of cluster of Exchange Server 2003? If the answer is YES, please tell me, how can I do that? Thanks for your help. -- Rosita Andrade Support for clustered servers of any sort is not currently available. If you are only concerned with outbound email and not inbound, then it is possible to configure the app to use a clustered Exchange server, but as I said inbound email will not work. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------...

Definition/Workaround: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook" Outlook 2003
Hi, Seen a lot of postings about this, but no real solution. Environment: Windows Server 2003 SP1 member server/Outlook 2003 SP1 (and I believe Outlook 2003 RTM) When starting Outlook the following message appears and Outlook exits: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Workaround: 1) Remove Windows Server 2003 SP1 2) Encrypt Data Between Microsoft Exchange in Outlook Profile ...