Net Folders in Outlook 2002 (XP)

Does the Net Folders function exist in Outlook 2002?
Someone told me that it no longer exists in that version
of Outlook.  If so, was it replaced by another function?
Thanks.
0
dtalbott (1)

They are gone and not replaced. See if anything here helps:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm

"Doug Talbott" <dtalbott@agnesscott.edu> wrote in message
> Does the Net Folders function exist in Outlook 2002?
> Someone told me that it no longer exists in that version
> of Outlook.  If so, was it replaced by another function?
> Thanks.

0
vince8328 (2733)

Can't launch "Outlook Newsreader"
I have the direct link NEWS "button" to launch "Outlook Newsreader" set up in Outlook 2003, and it did work before, now it launches this folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 Using XP, Office 2003. Any idea how I can get this back to how it was please? Thanks Joe Bloggs <alco@NOSPAMbigfoot.net> wrote: > I have the direct link NEWS "button" to launch "Outlook Newsreader" > set up in Outlook 2003, and it did work before, now it launches this > folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 Open IE and s...

C#.net click event associated with database error
I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below: When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the 'next' button, I am getting the following error: 'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is not registered on the local machine'. I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the 'next' button. I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating syste...

net passport
I changd my net passport and now when I enter it in money it tells me it is incorrect. ...

Outlook Toolbars #3
I have Outlook 2003 with XP Pro and SP2. In Outlook whenever I re-arrange the 4 toolbars I have to be on 2 rows, then close down later and re-open, Outlook keeps auto configuring the 4 toolbars to be on 4 rows. I cannot find and option to control this? Any clues? Thanks, Symon Are they Outlook toolbars or are some of them toolbars installed by 3rd party programs? 3rd party toolbars often are programmed to be placed in a certain spot and if you change the location, they go back where they were before. If they're all Outlook toolbars, you may have a corrupt outcmd.dat file -- y...

Public Folder Trouble
Hi, I am having trouble with public folders. I have a user which i created on a second level folder he is able to browse to it but enable to create folders. He does have OWNER rights on the folder he is trying to create a folder. We have 2 Exchange Servers 2000 a front end and a back end. We have a Windows 2003 DC which means that 2003 Active Directory is present. Look of the Public Folder All Public Folder |_Laptops |_ Dell He is trying to create a folder within the Dell folder. Thanks, G. Root What error is he receiving when posting to this folder? I am ...

net
Dear All , Can you please help in this i'm creating excel sheet for finance purpose and i need the number appear with color for example if the net = +ve (i need it to appear with green color ) and if it is = - neg (i need to appear with red color ) any one can help me with the color thansk for your cooperations -- bn_dubai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bn_dubai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492656 You can use Con...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 error
Every time I send an e-mail or reply to an e-mail I get an error box from Outlook that states that this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. The detail message always says module < unknown > . The e-mail however always goes and I also receive with no problem. The only thing is that I have to restart outlook every time. Please offer some help if you can. ...

Outlook and XP Keyboard Access
I just had Windows XP installed on my machine and I am having problems with keyboard access in Outlook 2002. I do not use a mouse and I have my inbox set up with the preview pane. Prior to XP I could get to my inbox with CTRL+Shift+i and then tab around the panes (mail list, preview pane and folders). With XP I can not get a selection in any pane without turning off the preview pane and then turning it on again. Which I then have to repeat every time I use the shortcut to get back to the inbox. This is making me very frustrated. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance! It m...

MFC and .NET
We have a MFC application we are moving to VC 7.0 because we want to use the latest C++ compiler that comes with it. For moving to VC 7.0 we need to install the .NET framework though. My questions are, 1. Has anybody moved thier MFC application to .NET framework? Did you run into any issues? 2. What is the plan for MFC? Is there any end of life for this from Microsoft? Thanks, David I use all of my VC6 MFC apps and DLLs just fine with XP and VS.Net 2003. No need to port your code to .Net at all. WTH "David Mohandas" <david_mohandas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ac...

VB.net
Hi, I am trying to update a field in a record of a Access Database (whose structure I can not modify). I got this error (translated from italian): "Data types do not match in the expression" = "Tipi di dati non corrispondenti nell'espressione criterio." The code is the following: (myField is a binary field as on Access 2007) 'determine new value Dim newValue() As Byte = ... (valid data) 'write new attributes Dim conn As OleDbConnection = myObj.getConnection Dim cmd As OleDbComman...

Conflict between Outlook 2003 and IE7
Since installing IE7 I cannot access Hotmail from Outlook 2003. I keep getting a login in to server message and duly enter my hotmail account details which aren't accepted. Access to Hotmail via the internet isn't a problem and the above used to work with IE6 - any ideas? Reinstall IE 6? Really, there are still problems with the beta so I would just wait until it is released to the web to try it again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. ...

Windows XP taskbar problems
I started using Quicklaunch in my taskbar. Someone I switched views and desktop was checked. Once that happened I now get a double wide task bar and nothing I do will take it back to a single wide task bar. All the start menu items bunch up in the right corner. I have unchecked desktop. Now when I uncheck quicklaunch the bar goes to a single line, but I want quicklaunch but not the double width. Any suggestions? You posted that to the wrong newsgroup -- this one is for Outlook :-) Just out of curiosity, though, have you tried dragging the top of the taskbar down until it's y...

Error Messages in Outlook XP
To All, I have installed then reinstalled Office XP two times. I get an error message when I do a send/receeive in Outlook. The error message is as follows: "Operation failed. Could not find object." What am I missing? Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kevin ...

Outlook 2003 will not send #2
I have been using Outlook 2003 for about 2 weeks now and it has been working perfectly. Yesterday I sent some mail that should have received a reply...no reply, so I sent some mail to myself. It shows that it went out in the sent box but I never received it. Did this a number of times...no success. All the settings are the same as before. When I use the test settings, it sends and I receive it. I then set up Outlook Express and tried that ...it works fine. I also did the repair operation...no success. Please help! Thank you Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft....

Add content of .pst file of news to public folders of Exchange 2003

Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1
I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net 1.1. I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0. This is where I put my custom web pages. Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE account. Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows authentication. My question is why I am prompted to enter my credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I access the page? Have I not already been authenticated? Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put...

Difficulty in setting hotmail acct. as main (personal) folder
Just recently I purchased a new Pocket PC handheld which came wit inbox(ppc) and outlook 2002(pc). I installed them both and they wor great. I can sync my emails to the unit and read them anywhere. However, I noticed that it will only import items from my persona folder (which seems is a non-html email acct). Question: Is it possible to configure outlook 2002 to make hotmail th personal folder? If not, would it be possible to create a macro tha can transfer all emails from the hotmail acct to the personal folder? It would be a time saver. Thanks, Hovi ----------------------------------...

Deleted emails not showing up in Deleted Items folder
Yesteday this started. I delete an email from my in box and it does not appear in the Deleted Items folder. I checked Preferences but don't see any settings that may affect this. Any ideas? Thanks all, Richard Garneau Have you got the folder set to show "Unread Only"? -- Barry Wainwright Microsoft MVP (see http://mvp.support.microsoft.com for details) Check out the Entourage User's WebLog for hints, tips and troubleshooting <http://homepage.mac.com/barryw/weblog/weblog.html> > From: Richard Garneau <richard@grghome.com> > Organization: http://gro...

Two Personal Folders Created
I have 2 separate personal folders created and would like to delete one Chris Wilson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have 2 separate personal folders created and would > like to delete one That's nice. Is there a question here somewhere? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

Multiple users in Outlook
My wife and I share our home computer, with two separate user profiles in WinXP. On our old computer, I set up folders, etc. in the two profiles, and we shared everything in Outlook. We both saw the same emails, calendar, contacts, etc. On the new computer, I can't seem to get it set up to do that. If she receives email, it only appears in "her" Outlook, and when I go into the program under my profile, I don't see it. How can I do this again? I must have forgotten something in the setup of the new computer... You both need to be using the same .pst file, which may req...

Windows XP power management
When I set the power management settings to get it to hibernate or shut off the monitor or hard disk, it just never does it. The settings don't "take effect". I checked to see that the account that I was using was the administrator's account. The "enable hybernate" is selected. I would appreciate any suggestions on getting this to work. It is on my daughter's computer (with a loud fan) and I can always hear it running....... You're in the wrong place. This forum is for Microsoft Dynamics GP assistance. The Windows XP forum is http://www.microso...

SQL connection management in ASP.Net
hi, I have to create a small website in ASP.Net 2.0. I have question about working with SQL connections. What are the best practises? How and where to create and store a connection? I see a few possibilities: - create, open/close a connection on each web page - create a connection on login page and store it on Session - how to create a connection? ie. SqlConnection = new SqlConnection or System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory factory = System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory("System.Data.SqlClient"); System.Data.Common.DbConnection conn = factory.Crea...

Sync new entities into outlook client
I would like to ask if there is any way to synchronize new entities ( forms ) that were developed by me using the CRM sdk into the microsoft outlook & view this information when working offline. ...

Prefix in Outlook
Hello Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 on a Windows XP SP3 When I reply to an email in Outlook I get the following Prefix. "you replied on this mail on...". If I go to OL\Tools\Options\Email Options I do not have anything at all set up for Prefix. I have been trying for a while to figure out on how to remove this unwanted Prefix when answering to an email. I never had anything at all ever setup in both Prefix boxes. Also if I start answering an email and I change my mind and I get out by pushing Esc I then also see this exact same Prefix. How do I remove this unwanted Prefi...

2 identical Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail views in Navaigation Pane
Hi, Appreciate your help with this. I am using Outlook 2003/WinXP. There are 2 identical Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail views in Navaigation Pane. Both have identical list of sub folders of Drafts, Inbox, Sent, etc. If I click on one Inbox, the contents are the same as in the other, etc. If I close a sub folder, the same sub folder in the other also goes. If I RC on either one of the Personal Folders, the selection "close personal folder" is grayed. How can I get rid of the second one? The only difference between them is the icon to their left. The top most Personal Fol...