need to remove old Outlook Express, now have MS Outlook

I installed MS Office XP SBE.  It came with MS Outlook.  It didn't write over
my old Outlook Express.  Now I have both and can't remove the old O Express.
Wouldn't be a problem, except my email continues to go to the old O Express.
Can I deactivate it somehow?

Do not uninstall OE as Outlook shares some common files.  Simply remove your
mail account in Outlook Express or uncheck the option to check it for mail.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Bonnie H. asked:

| I installed MS Office XP SBE.  It came with MS Outlook.  It didn't
| write over my old Outlook Express.  Now I have both and can't remove
| the old O Express. Wouldn't be a problem, except my email continues
| to go to the old O Express. Can I deactivate it somehow?

0
MillyS (3228)
11/8/2005 1:22:36 AM
Bonnie H. wrote:
|| I installed MS Office XP SBE.  It came with MS Outlook.  It didn't
|| write over my old Outlook Express.  Now I have both and can't remove
|| the old O Express. Wouldn't be a problem, except my email continues
|| to go to the old O Express. Can I deactivate it somehow?

Outlook isn't intended as a direct replacement for OE - you'll probably
still want to use OE for newsgroups, for example...

In Outlook, have a look at File � Import & Export. You'll get a wizard which
will help you to bring both your email account settings and existing emails
into Outlook.

paul

Bonnie H. <Bonnie H.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I installed MS Office XP SBE.  It came with MS Outlook.  It didn't
> write over my old Outlook Express.  Now I have both and can't remove
> the old O Express. Wouldn't be a problem, except my email continues
> to go to the old O Express. Can I deactivate it somehow?

Outlook is not a replacement for Outlook Express.  It's a completely
different program.  OE is now integrated into Windows and cannot be removed.
Even if it could, if you removed it, Outlook would stop working because OL
uses some of the same DLLs OE uses.

If you don't want Outlook Express to download your mail, don't run it.  It
can't download mail if it doesn't run.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Outlook Express Viewing Problem
I am working on a computer system with a strange issue: After two years of use, all of a sudden two days ago The e- mail subject, sender and date show fine, but the body of the message will not display [either in the preview pane or when opened individually]. Here is the system stats: Windows ME, Office 2000, Outlook Express v6.0, Fully patched. Here is what I have done: Virus scan, Ad-aware 6.0 scan Can anyone help? Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite it...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ?
how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? You can't. Why would you? The Outlook Address Book is only a list of electronic addresses to which you can address messages. Why would you need a phone number there? Phone numbers, like all Contact data, are stored in your Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ingaga" <Ingaga @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C2224F0-0E8B-4E20-A2AC-200B044053FD@microsoft.com... > how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? What in the world is the purpse of the Outlook address book whe...

Cannot access menus in Outlook 2002
When I try to use a menu option (tools, view, file, etc) a faded outline of the drop-down box appears and Outlook crashes, offering to send a report to MS. MSOfficeXP has been removed and re-installed with no change, I have done a change/repair with no change, deleted the email profile, same story. Any help is appreciated, thanks! ...

Hand held and outlook calendar
I have a user who synched up his hand-held with his outlook calendar. Now he has duplicates throughout his calendar. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to delete his mailbox and restore. we are using exchange server 2003 and Outlook 2003 Try the script posted here. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring/browse_thread/thread/5e73659dbf9037f/2613d024a76ccdcd?lnk=st&q=outlook+duplicate+script+calendar&rnum=11&hl=en#2613d024a76ccdcd James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 12, 12:28 pm, Tyson <...

Outlook 2007 Pro nd Quicken
I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and deposit reminders to the Outlook Calendar. Cool! Is there any way to configure how far out the reminders are sent or received from Quicken? Thx Jerry Windows Home Premium 64 bit Office 2007 Pro Trial "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A79AFBEA-7EFE-4977-97A7-0DE108500DF6@microsoft.com... >I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that > Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and...

Outlook #300
I am getting this message a lot when Outlook crashes. What is going on? The laptop in question has Time Matters 8 and Franklin Covey hooks. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2945, stamp 44ab9a84, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012a5b. Also, can someone direct me to where I can find out how to read this message? Please check your application event viewer for an eventID and source. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Folstaff" wrote: &g...

Excel need help

Send problem with Outlook 2003
Hello, I am having probems with one customer setting up Outlook 2003 to send email. The configuration is an Exchange 2000 server setup for internal email (No internet access) and Outlook 2003 configured to use the exchange server and also a smtp/Pop account from the internet provider. She just got a new computer. On her old one she was using Outlook 2000 and if she sent a message to both internal and external addresses, Outlook 2000 would use the appropriate account to send the mail (Exchange account for internal and ISP account for external mail), but now if she sends email to a...

New Exchange Server, Old POP3 Woes
Hello, all; I have a client who just converted from a POP3 hosting service to their own Exchange server. The problem is that when they go to reply to messages received before the transfer happened, Outlook tries sending it through the old POP3 server (which is no longer valid), and the message sits in the Outbox. The user can force the email to go through MS Exchange, but that is a clunky fix. Any ideas? Ben b2 consulting <jbbarr@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, all; > > I have a client who just converted from a POP3 hosting service to > their own Exchange server. The probl...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Outlook express #286
> > when I click on a link on my e-mail via > > Outlook express, it should open the link right? > > it was doing so until yesterday. I've did a virus/spyware scan > > and nothing. this is a weird problem > > I have to copy & paste the link in my web browser. > > other wise it won't open it from outlook express. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can a...

Macro help needed........

Wrong time in Outlook
Hi, I've got a really strange problem. My Mails in Outlook have all the wrong time - 9 hours back. This affects incoming and outgoing mails. It can't be a matter of the e-mail-provider because I've got accounts in gmx, web, yahoo, gmail and all have the same problem. Where can outlook get the wrong time ? The system time is correct of course. Thanks for your help. Ralf is the system time zone correct? whois shows your posting IP is in Germany... and windows defaults to pacific time zone so that would account for the difference. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

My Outlook 2003 follow up flags don't pop up as reminders?
I have used ollow up flags extensively before on previous laptops and previous server systems, but for some reason when I set a reminder on an outgoing email on my current system it doesn't pop up at the set time and go into the reminders task schedule - any ideas? For Outlook 2003 and previous, flags only work for items in the Inbox. Outlook 2007 fires reminders for flagged items in any folders. You can make it work for previous versions of Outlook by using this add-in; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/slovaktech_extendedreminders -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coautho...

Need to test a mobo

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

How do I remove Outlook and keep the rest of Office in place???
I have Outlook and Outlook Express both on my computer but Outlook wants to take over for Outlook Express. I don't have a need for Outlook at all. Can I remove Outlook and keep the rest of office in tact and in place? reddman@windstream.net Yes, modify your Office installation to remove OL "Reddman" <Reddman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB9429D-B0D2-41C4-A0FC-737E3D0CD29F@microsoft.com... > I have Outlook and Outlook Express both on my computer but Outlook wants to > take over for Outlook Express. I don't have a need for Outlook at all. C...

Help needed

outlook(?) changes email address upon sending
I have had trouble sending email to persons who have "netscape" as their email address. Somewhere in the process of sending the message, the word "netscape" is changed to "netescape" and the message is returned to me. This happens constantely. Any ideas? A bug? ...

outlook
outlook HoopleHead dipstick. "Fogel" <pr0p1k@ukr.net> wrote in message news:ef8cfGVCLHA.5584@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... : outlook : : Fogel wrote: > outlook http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/outlook ...

Importing a specific Visio tab into MS Word
I have a Visio 2007 document with about 12 diagrams, one on each of 12 tabs. I would like to import a several of the tabs into a Word 2007 document and link them so when I change the Visio document the Word doc is automatically updated. Unfortunately, Word links to the tab that was selected the last time the Visio document was saved, so all diagrams are the same if I update the Word doc. I would like to keep all the diagrams in one Visio doc for simplicity instead of having to have 12 diagrams in 12 separate files. is there a way to link to a specific tab? Thansk in advance, Marco U...