Need to import contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express

I have a freind having trouble with email on the road and she needs to start
using Outlook Express rather than Outlook.  How do you import Contacts from
OUtlook into Outlook Express.

Thanks in advance

0
ymivey (13)

Hi Donnie,

please search the *.wab file on your computer after that
FILE | IMPORT | Adressbook

--
Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch!
Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat.
"Donnie" <ymivey@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have a freind having trouble with email on the road and she needs to
start
> using Outlook Express rather than Outlook.  How do you import Contacts
from
> OUtlook into Outlook Express.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Bravestar (248)
7/22/2004 10:14:42 PM
She can export the contacts to a .CSV file from Outlook, then import that
file in Outlook Express.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:uR0%23ZZBcEHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Donnie wrote:

> I have a freind having trouble with email on the road and she needs
> to start using Outlook Express rather than Outlook.  How do you
> import Contacts from OUtlook into Outlook Express.
>
> Thanks in advance

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Importing spreadsheet to a table from a button?
We recieve information weekly and sometimes more frequent then that. I have a access database set up with a table, queries and reports. What I would like to do is instead of having to manually go in and import the table to make it more user friendly to the folks that don't know how to use access that well. I figure this will have to be done through code to call the worksheets, but I would like to create a button on a form that when selected it will automatically import the spreadsheet directly to the table. If it has to call the wizard that still would not be as bad and navigating throug...

how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ?
how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? You can't. Why would you? The Outlook Address Book is only a list of electronic addresses to which you can address messages. Why would you need a phone number there? Phone numbers, like all Contact data, are stored in your Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ingaga" <Ingaga @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C2224F0-0E8B-4E20-A2AC-200B044053FD@microsoft.com... > how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? What in the world is the purpse of the Outlook address book whe...

Cannot access menus in Outlook 2002
When I try to use a menu option (tools, view, file, etc) a faded outline of the drop-down box appears and Outlook crashes, offering to send a report to MS. MSOfficeXP has been removed and re-installed with no change, I have done a change/repair with no change, deleted the email profile, same story. Any help is appreciated, thanks! ...

Hand held and outlook calendar
I have a user who synched up his hand-held with his outlook calendar. Now he has duplicates throughout his calendar. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to delete his mailbox and restore. we are using exchange server 2003 and Outlook 2003 Try the script posted here. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring/browse_thread/thread/5e73659dbf9037f/2613d024a76ccdcd?lnk=st&q=outlook+duplicate+script+calendar&rnum=11&hl=en#2613d024a76ccdcd James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 12, 12:28 pm, Tyson <...

Outlook 2007 Pro nd Quicken
I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and deposit reminders to the Outlook Calendar. Cool! Is there any way to configure how far out the reminders are sent or received from Quicken? Thx Jerry Windows Home Premium 64 bit Office 2007 Pro Trial "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A79AFBEA-7EFE-4977-97A7-0DE108500DF6@microsoft.com... >I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that > Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and...

Outlook #300
I am getting this message a lot when Outlook crashes. What is going on? The laptop in question has Time Matters 8 and Franklin Covey hooks. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2945, stamp 44ab9a84, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012a5b. Also, can someone direct me to where I can find out how to read this message? Please check your application event viewer for an eventID and source. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Folstaff" wrote: &g...

Excel need help

Linking CRM Contacts and Exchange Contacts
I've been looking for a few hours, and I can't find anything about linking CRM and Exchange Contacts. I want to update Exchange contacts when they are updated in CRM, and vice versa. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A book/online tutorial would be very helpful. This is only done through Sales For Outlook client See "Sales For Outlook Explained", from www.c360.com <joshm@susqtech.com> wrote in message news:1120569198.641354.108830@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I've been looking for a few hours, and I can't find anything about > linking C...

Stopping/restarting services: order important ?
Hi, I need to run 2 batch files: one thay stop Exchanges services and one that start them up. This is the batch that stop them: start /min net stop MSExchangeMGMT /yes start /min net stop RESvc /yes start /min net stop POP3Svc /yes start /min net stop IMAP4Svc /yes start /min net stop NntpSvc /yes start /min net stop SMTPSVC /yes net stop MSExchangeES /yes net stop MSExchangeIS /yes net stop MSExchangeMTA /yes net stop MSExchangeSA /yes And the batch that start them up: start /min net start MSExchangeMGMT /yes start /min net start RESvc /yes start /min net start POP3Svc /yes start /min ...

Microsoft Outlook Testimonial Request:
The Honorable Microsoft Outlook Manager: I want applying a grant of Outlook software request, if I can have a full version of Microsoft Outlook with stationery functions. I need having Office Professional 2003 with Outlook for my nomination requests. My testiomonial requires to get a grant of Microsoft Outlook to allow me know about it. If I could have Microsoft Outlook for my personal needs with stuffs. Please help me to get these products to be mailing address. Thanks David Johnson ...

Outlook express #286
> > when I click on a link on my e-mail via > > Outlook express, it should open the link right? > > it was doing so until yesterday. I've did a virus/spyware scan > > and nothing. this is a weird problem > > I have to copy & paste the link in my web browser. > > other wise it won't open it from outlook express. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can a...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Wrong time in Outlook
Hi, I've got a really strange problem. My Mails in Outlook have all the wrong time - 9 hours back. This affects incoming and outgoing mails. It can't be a matter of the e-mail-provider because I've got accounts in gmx, web, yahoo, gmail and all have the same problem. Where can outlook get the wrong time ? The system time is correct of course. Thanks for your help. Ralf is the system time zone correct? whois shows your posting IP is in Germany... and windows defaults to pacific time zone so that would account for the difference. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Outlook 2007 Can't find older emails
Two of my coworkers were bashing Outlook today because the instant search wasn't finding some of their older emails. It seems to be emails that are older than about 90 days it can't find them. The pst files that contain them are definitely open in outlook and the indexing service said it was complete. On my box, same setup - outlook 2007 and windows xp - i'm getting the results i expect. its finding emails from several years back. Any thoughts? are there any "only index emails younger than X days" settings or anything like that? Thanks in advance! are they usi...

Importing Access 97 table into Access 2000
I'm trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 using the create an empty 2000 database and import from the 97 database. I have a copy of the 97 database on my machine and no one else has access to my machine much less the database. When I try to import the table from the Access 97 database, it runs for a while and then dies with: The Microsoft Jet database stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. I told Access to import the table definitions, the data, and the relationships. Does anyone have any idea wha...

big problem of Importing the customerization
hi guys... now i encounted a big problem of importing the customerization which add the new fields in the case and account, and also, convert the language into Chinese. First time when i did some customerization for the system, it was fine to import the XML file. however, today, i intended to import the second verision of the customerization into the system, which means to cover the previous customerization. It succeed to import the XML file, but when I click the case botton, the error message showed out as follow, "Query Builder Error No attribute" I donot know what's g...

My Outlook 2003 follow up flags don't pop up as reminders?
I have used ollow up flags extensively before on previous laptops and previous server systems, but for some reason when I set a reminder on an outgoing email on my current system it doesn't pop up at the set time and go into the reminders task schedule - any ideas? For Outlook 2003 and previous, flags only work for items in the Inbox. Outlook 2007 fires reminders for flagged items in any folders. You can make it work for previous versions of Outlook by using this add-in; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/slovaktech_extendedreminders -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coautho...

Need to test a mobo

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Contact Methods
Can anyone tell me how I can retrieve the CRM Contact Methods values and Text? Thanks in Advance, Rick Are you trying to use the .net assemblies (SDK) to retrieve data from the system or am I misreading your question? If so just use the Contact.Retrieve method and use an XmlDocument to read the resulting XML. Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Rick" wrote: > Can anyone tell me how I can retrieve the CRM Contact Methods values and > Text? > > Thanks in Advance, > Rick > > > Yes, I'm using .net (SDK). I am writing on online service request...