Need to copy files to new maching

I am currently using Outlook 2000 on a desktop machine and
have just purchased  a new laptop.  I want to copy all my
files in outlook including my contacts and e-mail messages
to the new machine, but can not figure out how to do so.
I do not want to give up all my messages on the old
machine.

Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Vito
0
vdellera (1)

Copy over all *.PST (possibly *.PAB) to the new machine.
(http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm also might help.)

"Vito" <vdellera@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I am currently using Outlook 2000 on a desktop machine and
> have just purchased  a new laptop.  I want to copy all my
> files in outlook including my contacts and e-mail messages
> to the new machine, but can not figure out how to do so.
> I do not want to give up all my messages on the old
> machine.
>
> Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Vito

0
neo5748 (288)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Print any file to a specific printer (silently)
Hi, I have a requirement where I have to print any given file to a specific printer. My application then consumes the output of this printer. I also need to do this without any user intervention and without any GUI. I have managed to get the printing done using Shell Execute, however, it always shows the associated application even though I have specified ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden as window style. My code snippets are given below: <CODE> Process objProcess = new Process(); objProcess.StartInfo.FileName = fileName; //file to print objProcess.StartInfo.WindowStyle = ...

recently used files
It's back! Opened Excel this morning and have no recently used files listed under FILE. This happens randomly and only affects Excel not Word. No maintenance preformed. No reboot. It was there when computer went into "drive off & monitor off" mode last night and no files listed today, its starting a new list. Excel 2000 on XP machine "suits my needs so don't suggest newer version please" Its aggravating, any thoughts on cause please SG On thought would be if you run programs such as AdAware when it is done, don't check the MRU list "fix" W...

What are .ifs files used for Exchange 2003?
I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise with the default install. So drive m should be disabled. Though I notice .ifs files popping up in the directory where the mailbox store is. The research that I found it that Exchange uses these files as temp files and the SA removes them when they are done. But I don't know how acurate the research is that I found. Does anyone know if this is normal operation for Exchange 2003? What does Exchange 2003 use .ifs files for? I have notice that one particualar .ifs file has not been removed for over a day. Thanks... Regan IFS - Installab...

Excel need help

Unable to open MDE file
Hi, I am using office 2000 and I am unable to open an Access file. I receive the following error message "You cannot convert or enable an MDE file". I was able to open this file till yesterday. I haven't installed any software since yesterday which safely rules out any problems due to a third party software etc. Hoping for a quick resolution to my problem. Thanks , Nik Hopefully you still have access to the .mdb file from which the .mde was created. You don't state which version the .mde was created in. In any case, there's precious little you can do with one...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Set default in auto fill options, I always want to copy cell, som.
When I use excel to do registration, I enter customers address and want to click and pull down that address into cells below, but when I do the address number increases in value. I can go into auto fill options and change it, but I want it to always select copy cell and default back to it. On this spread sheet. I have some colums that default to copy cells and other colums that when I try to drag a number it increases in value because it defaults to fill series. How do i change this? When you select a single cell that contains a number, then drag the Fill Handle, the default behaviour ...

How can I create a Visio timeline from a Microsoft Project file?
Can a Microsoft Project file be used to generate a timeline in Visio? If so, which versions of each program would I need? And by timeline, I don't mean Gaant chart. I mean the timelines that I can manually create in Visio using the Timeline Shapes stencil. "Suzie" <SB29@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:e5nU7f#7DHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can a Microsoft Project file be used to generate a timeline in Visio? If so, > which versions of each program would I need? > > This from v2003pro timeline help, your mileage may vary Import Project da...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

file integrity concerns...
Hi, My dad works with Access trying to get in order something over 2000 records. He prefers to work with a table directly. In any case, he is apprehensive, in that he seems to think that records are disappearing or getting scrambled on him. You don't need to get to specific, yet we are wondering what file integrity processes are being used to insure the such an event, particularly when stopping/saving, and restarting things is caught should it occur? Is there something in the order of a signature or error checking key for each record, or possibly even each field? I'm alm...

A full page of email text shrinks to one inch or less w/ new batte
I was answering emails and everyhting was fine. The batteries in my wireless mouse died. I replaced them and went back to answering emails. When I clicked the "forward" or "reply" button , a full page text in an email shrank to about one inch. Changing the font size did not correct the problem. HELP it's your zoom setting. Hold ctrl and roll the mouse wheel to increase. Depending on the mouse, you could have accidently pressed a mouse button and changed it when you changed the batteries. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.o...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

Why is a .WAV file NOT automatically playing when I start the PPT
I inserted a .wav file in my powerpoint show and when I go to "view show," the animations work but the sound file does not play - either automatically OR on mouse click. The other animations and their "effect options" sounds play fine, but NOT the sound icon. I have checked with our school technician and it is not a hardware problem b/c windows media player works fine. Can you help me? I am a middle school special educator and I teach autistic students. I need to run the Powerpoint I created for my disabled student to interact with. Can you help me? Th...

I need Help

need help badly

VBA code to run macro in certain file based on name of file in cel
I am trying to come up with code that will run a macro in a workbook where the path and name of the workbook are in a cell reference. I have tried the following with no luck. The path to the file is located in cell F36 of worksheet, "Customize" and the name of the file is located in cell F42. The name of the macro is "ClearTotalSavings". Any help from one of you gurus would sure be appreciated. Application.Run "'" & Workbooks(Sheets("Customize").Range("F36").Value) & "\" & Sheets("Customize").R...

Cannot fetch a file from the internet
Hi I want to fetch a file from the internet, the url is something like: http://static.flickr.com/44/128880534_8751ed9f1b_s.jpg However static.flickr.com does not accept an http open. The above URL opens up fine in the browser but not http://static.flickr.com. How do i get the image that i want using WinInet library or anyother library/class? Rahul ...

How do I Create backup of excel file in other folder
Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, but I have traffic in my working folder, so I need the backup files to be in other folder. Using VBA< you can use the SaveCopyAs method and specify the target. -- HTH Bob Phillips "khalid" <khalid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A442EDF2-66D9-4F8E-A36D-13CFE12A22F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. > I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, ...

Need Help Despertly!