need script to add LDAP server

I need a way to automate adding an LDAP server to the directories list.  I
can't find anything on a web search about it though.  I'd prefer to do it in
vbscript, but at this point I'm not that picky.  Anyone know how I can get
started?

Jordan

0
Jordan

Microsoft uses text files with a .prf extension and a highly structured =
format to provide information to OUtlook that enables Outlook to create =
or modify a mail profile, which is what you're actually talking about =
doing. You can create such .prf files with the Custom Installation =
Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard tools in the Office Resource Kit. =
For more details, including a variety of .prf deployment methods, read =
the excellent white paper "Configuring Outlook Profiles by Using a PRF =
File" at =
http://office.microsoft.com/search/redir.aspx?assetid=3DHA011403051033&Qu=
eryID=3DpHm7c_60I&respos=3D3

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Jordan Mills" <usenet at jordan mills dot net> wrote in message =
>I need a way to automate adding an LDAP server to the directories list. =
 I=20
> can't find anything on a web search about it though.  I'd prefer to do =
it in=20
> vbscript, but at this point I'm not that picky.  Anyone know how I can =
get=20
> started?
>=20
> Jordan=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Client and Server Side Rules
I need to find out what rules are available for Outlook and Exchange and which ones are server side and which are client side rules. On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:36:15 -0500, "Rancehood" <Rancehood_No_Sp_am@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need to find out what rules are available for Outlook and Exchange and >which ones are server side and which are client side rules. > It's all down to what the rule wants to do, some need the client and some don't. If you look in the Outlook client you will see the ones annotated with "Client" if they are not capable of runnin...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ?
how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? You can't. Why would you? The Outlook Address Book is only a list of electronic addresses to which you can address messages. Why would you need a phone number there? Phone numbers, like all Contact data, are stored in your Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ingaga" <Ingaga @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C2224F0-0E8B-4E20-A2AC-200B044053FD@microsoft.com... > how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? What in the world is the purpse of the Outlook address book whe...

CRM and Member Server
I am going to implement CRM and have been doing a lot of research and I have not yet found an article where is says CRM has to be on a domain controller or member server. Can I install CRM on a Member of my Windows 2000 Server environment? Thanks in Advance Len Len, Unless you are running SBS then there are actually issues if you install on the domain controller. Matt "Len" <lcampbell@pennsys.com> wrote in message news:063f01c3bdad$79316ce0$a001280a@phx.gbl... I am going to implement CRM and have been doing a lot of research and I have not yet found an article wher...

lotro gold in all eu server wowmmocom.com
http://www.wowmmocom.com The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Belegaer - 10 $: 10.49 --------------------------------------------------- The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Evernight - 10 $: 10.19 ------------------------------------------------------- The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Maiar - 10 $: 10.69 ---------------------------------------------------- The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Snowbourn - 10 $: 18.69 ----------------------------------------------------------- The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Eldar - 10 $: 10.25 ------------------------------------------------------ The Lord of the Rings (EU)-...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

create user mailbox rules from admin/server
If I want to make a rule in a users mailbox so that certain emails go to certain folders etc, I have usually logged in as that user and created the rule using the outlook rules wizard. Is there a way I can create rules like this from the server, or admin account, so i dont have to log in as every user each time i want to add a rule? Not that I'm aware of, and I'm sure you couldn't do it without some fancy scripting. Why not leave this up to the user, and send them basic instructions? Aaron wrote: > If I want to make a rule in a users mailbox so that certain emails go > ...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

DPM2007 and SMTP server
Hi people, DPM2007 on Windows 2003 SE, Exchange 2007 SP2 on Windows 2008 SE. In Dpm2007 I have this error: http://www.msexchange.org/img/upl/image0321207047625397.jpg Username, password and smtp server is correct. How to fix it? Tnx in advance. I am assuming that the user details you are entering is an admin on the DPM box ? If that is the case, can you try to set the User Access Control Settings to "Never Notify" and see if the issue gets resolved ? Thanks, Gaurav [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Need help on this....thanks

need help badly

I need Help

Exchange Server 2003 and SP1
I have an Exchange server with SP1 loaded and I use it for LAN email as well as WEb and POP for my remote consultants. I have had terrible problems with getting POP and SMTP working to my satisfaction to the regard that my remote users have permissions to submit emails to other address or relay them. I found out through Experts Exchange site that there is a bug in SP1 that corrupts the SMTP virtual server. They gave tips for a work around that I implimented. I had to configure DNS with forward lookup since my server sits behind a firewall device. I had everything working perfectly ...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Which setting do I need to adjust
I've noticed that when using my default browser IE 8 and I click on a link that is suppose to start a download, it doesn't. When I click on the same link in firefox the download starts like it should. Can anyone tell me what setting in IE 8 is preventing the download from starting? on the page it says "Downloading: 50fpct-Just4freeplanet.com.rar | 34.7 MB" but in IE 8 it isn't downloading. It also isn't asking me if I want to allow IE 8 to download the file like it sometimes does. Thanks Shep wrote: > I've noticed that when using my d...