Need Outlook Calendar ONLY

I am using 2002 Outlook, but ONLY for the calendar, only user on
desktop, no internet cocnnectivity required.
In order to upgrade, I would have to purchase the the whole Outlook
program afaik --- is there a cheaper way to obtain the calendar
portion of Outlook?
I have tried using the google and hotmail calendars, I prefer Outlook.
tia
0
shel123 (1)

No cheaper way, the calendar is an intrinsical part of the whole program

<shel123@DELETETHISjuno.com> wrote in message
>I am using 2002 Outlook, but ONLY for the calendar, only user on
> desktop, no internet cocnnectivity required.
> In order to upgrade, I would have to purchase the the whole Outlook
> program afaik --- is there a cheaper way to obtain the calendar
> portion of Outlook?
> I have tried using the google and hotmail calendars, I prefer Outlook.
> tia

0
notvalid5776 (249)
8/17/2009 7:37:38 PM
shel123@DELETETHISjuno.com wrote:

> I am using 2002 Outlook, but ONLY for the calendar, only user on
> desktop, no internet cocnnectivity required. In order to upgrade, I
> would have to purchase the the whole Outlook program afaik --- is
> there a cheaper way to obtain the calendar portion of Outlook? I have
> tried using the google and hotmail calendars, I prefer Outlook.

Outlook comes as just one program, not as Outlook E-mail, Outlook Tasks,
Outlook Journal, Outlook Shared Folders, Outlook Contacts, Outlook
Notes, and Outlook Calendar.  It is a PIM program with ALL those
components.

If you only need a calendar function, why not search for freeware that
just does calendaring?  If you don't need a Swiss army knife then get a
knife with a single [folding] blade.

Windows Live Mail (the replacement for Outlook Express and Vista's
Windows Mail) has calendaring that syncs with a Hotmail account.

EssentialPIM has a calendar and much more, and now has a simplistic
e-mail client (which you might not use).  It is now like a very lite
version of Outlook (but EPIM's notes function is far superior while its
e-mail functions are far inferior).  EPIM is half the price of Outlook
(if you need the Pro version).  You can try the free version for now.

Thunderbird has its Lightning extension for a calendar.  Again, you
don't need to use the e-mail functions in Thunderbird.

There are Yahoo widgets that may meet your calendaring function needs
and which can sync with your online calendar (so you can access your
calender from other hosts via web or widgets).

The alt.comp.freeware group might have further recommendations for just
a calendar program.
0
V4521 (722)
8/17/2009 7:38:09 PM
Have you tried the Live Mail calendar (download Live Mail client)? (or if
using vista, the calendar it includes).  Both are very much like outlook
2007's calendar.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

<shel123@DELETETHISjuno.com> wrote in message
> I am using 2002 Outlook, but ONLY for the calendar, only user on
> desktop, no internet cocnnectivity required.
> In order to upgrade, I would have to purchase the the whole Outlook
> program afaik --- is there a cheaper way to obtain the calendar
> portion of Outlook?
> I have tried using the google and hotmail calendars, I prefer Outlook.
> tia

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Outlook Express Viewing Problem
I am working on a computer system with a strange issue: After two years of use, all of a sudden two days ago The e- mail subject, sender and date show fine, but the body of the message will not display [either in the preview pane or when opened individually]. Here is the system stats: Windows ME, Office 2000, Outlook Express v6.0, Fully patched. Here is what I have done: Virus scan, Ad-aware 6.0 scan Can anyone help? Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite it...

how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ?
how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? You can't. Why would you? The Outlook Address Book is only a list of electronic addresses to which you can address messages. Why would you need a phone number there? Phone numbers, like all Contact data, are stored in your Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ingaga" <Ingaga @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C2224F0-0E8B-4E20-A2AC-200B044053FD@microsoft.com... > how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? What in the world is the purpse of the Outlook address book whe...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Cannot access menus in Outlook 2002
When I try to use a menu option (tools, view, file, etc) a faded outline of the drop-down box appears and Outlook crashes, offering to send a report to MS. MSOfficeXP has been removed and re-installed with no change, I have done a change/repair with no change, deleted the email profile, same story. Any help is appreciated, thanks! ...

Hand held and outlook calendar
I have a user who synched up his hand-held with his outlook calendar. Now he has duplicates throughout his calendar. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to delete his mailbox and restore. we are using exchange server 2003 and Outlook 2003 Try the script posted here. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring/browse_thread/thread/5e73659dbf9037f/2613d024a76ccdcd?lnk=st&q=outlook+duplicate+script+calendar&rnum=11&hl=en#2613d024a76ccdcd James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 12, 12:28 pm, Tyson <...

Outlook 2007 Pro nd Quicken
I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and deposit reminders to the Outlook Calendar. Cool! Is there any way to configure how far out the reminders are sent or received from Quicken? Thx Jerry Windows Home Premium 64 bit Office 2007 Pro Trial "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A79AFBEA-7EFE-4977-97A7-0DE108500DF6@microsoft.com... >I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that > Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and...

Outlook #300
I am getting this message a lot when Outlook crashes. What is going on? The laptop in question has Time Matters 8 and Franklin Covey hooks. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2945, stamp 44ab9a84, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012a5b. Also, can someone direct me to where I can find out how to read this message? Please check your application event viewer for an eventID and source. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Folstaff" wrote: &g...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Outlook express #286
> > when I click on a link on my e-mail via > > Outlook express, it should open the link right? > > it was doing so until yesterday. I've did a virus/spyware scan > > and nothing. this is a weird problem > > I have to copy & paste the link in my web browser. > > other wise it won't open it from outlook express. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can a...

Wrong time in Outlook
Hi, I've got a really strange problem. My Mails in Outlook have all the wrong time - 9 hours back. This affects incoming and outgoing mails. It can't be a matter of the e-mail-provider because I've got accounts in gmx, web, yahoo, gmail and all have the same problem. Where can outlook get the wrong time ? The system time is correct of course. Thanks for your help. Ralf is the system time zone correct? whois shows your posting IP is in Germany... and windows defaults to pacific time zone so that would account for the difference. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Macro help needed........

My Outlook 2003 follow up flags don't pop up as reminders?
I have used ollow up flags extensively before on previous laptops and previous server systems, but for some reason when I set a reminder on an outgoing email on my current system it doesn't pop up at the set time and go into the reminders task schedule - any ideas? For Outlook 2003 and previous, flags only work for items in the Inbox. Outlook 2007 fires reminders for flagged items in any folders. You can make it work for previous versions of Outlook by using this add-in; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/slovaktech_extendedreminders -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coautho...

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Need to test a mobo

outlook(?) changes email address upon sending
I have had trouble sending email to persons who have "netscape" as their email address. Somewhere in the process of sending the message, the word "netscape" is changed to "netescape" and the message is returned to me. This happens constantely. Any ideas? A bug? ...

Help needed

Outlook 2007 RSS feeds not refreshing
It seems about every 2 - 3 weeks the RSS feeds need to be deleted and reloaded ( delete all the feeds and reload my OMPL file ) It starts slow and then in a few days I notice almost none of my feeds refresh. I had this problem in the bata and was told it was fixed. -- Richard Green Flight Sim Guru and Beta Tester ...

outlook
outlook HoopleHead dipstick. "Fogel" <pr0p1k@ukr.net> wrote in message news:ef8cfGVCLHA.5584@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... : outlook : : Fogel wrote: > outlook http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/outlook ...

Need help on this....thanks

Clarification on EWS/Exchange 2007 free/busy issue
Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a permission for a person or group. If the user is a member of a security group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be denied access to free/busy to the calendar. We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user listed/granted specific access to the u...

Setting colors in Outlook
I'd like to darken the color that corresponds to the first entry in the contacts listing when searching for a contact. When I hit "b" for the Bs, the grey coloration for the first name is so faint, I can't always see which one is the one selected. Eye sight taxed typer <Eye sight taxed typer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to darken the color that corresponds to the first entry in > the contacts listing when searching for a contact. When I hit "b" > for the Bs, the grey coloration for the first name is so faint, I > can'...