Need "Out of Office Assistant " Access

I use Microsoft Office 2003 with the XP Service Pack 2
Download.

Please let me know if there is any way I can set up an
Out of Office Assistant.

I need to know how to get and Exchange Server e-mail
account for my business: Journeys far & Near, LLC for
which I use this computer.  I am a self-employed person
operating as an independent contractor under that company
name - without a complicated set-up, but with a
professional grade Dell Latitude D600 computer and
Windows XP Professional.  I've been working with Windows
since 3.0, and with PC's since the XT, although my
business is not of a technical one. Before that I used an
series of "airline" computers beginning in 1971(and was
the office software trouble-shooter and set-up queen).
0
anonymous (74724)

If you are working with a POP/IMAP account, the only way is to use the rules
wizard to simulate the feature.  Downside is that Outlook has to be running
the entire time.  Depending on your budget, you might consider using an
Exchange Hosting Provider or sometimes referred to as an ASP.
http://www.msexchange.org/services/ has a list of some folks that offer
Exchange mailbox(es) at reasonable rates.

For you, one that offers Exchange 2003 and allows you to connect via RPC
over HTTPS would be ideal but shouldn't leave out any of the other goodies
like OWA for those times when you are at a public kiosk.  (Make sure they do
AV and Antispam.  You also might want to ask them about backups and restores
just in case you need something pulled back that you accidentally delete.)

"Deanna Nelson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use Microsoft Office 2003 with the XP Service Pack 2
> Download.
>
> Please let me know if there is any way I can set up an
> Out of Office Assistant.
>
> I need to know how to get and Exchange Server e-mail
> account for my business: Journeys far & Near, LLC for
> which I use this computer.  I am a self-employed person
> operating as an independent contractor under that company
> name - without a complicated set-up, but with a
> professional grade Dell Latitude D600 computer and
> Windows XP Professional.  I've been working with Windows
> since 3.0, and with PC's since the XT, although my
> business is not of a technical one. Before that I used an
> series of "airline" computers beginning in 1971(and was
> the office software trouble-shooter and set-up queen).

0
neoheart (690)

Out of office Assistant is still missing
Hello I have Outlook 2000 from my IPAC package and I do use Microsoft exchange "corporate". I still cannot show the Out of Office Assistant. Can anyone help me get it to show??? Thanks! Is the Exchange account the primairy account? Also is the Exchange add-in selectd in Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options...-> button Add-in Manager? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "ursulab@tds.net" <ursulab@tds...

Outlook Out of Office Assistant #2
We are having a problem with our Out of Office Assistant. It works internally, but does not reply to external emails, which is it's main purpose. Please help! No, its main purpose is to reply to internal mail - it is set this way by default on Exchange. If you want to reply to external mail - read "spam" - turn it on in the properties of your Exchange server. Or use a template and a rule that can exclude spammers. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail s...

out of office assistant in Outlook 2002?
I have outlook 2002 for small business and the tools menu doesn't have the out of office assistant and I can't get the exchange add-in to work. Can anyone suggest what the problem/solution is to finding or adding the out of office assistant? two things must happen before you see the out of office assistant 1) the exchange extensions must be enabled under tools | options | other | advanced options | addin manager and 2) you must connect to a microsoft exchange server via the exchange transport "mbrown" <mjb@mjbrownlaw.com> wrote in message news:04c601c36c3c$4b5f...

Is there a way to use the Out of Office Assistant with Hotmail?
I'm going out of town for a while, and I want to have my Hotmail (which is routed through Outlook) send an away message to people e-mailing me. Whenever I click "Tools," the Out of Office Assistant is not listed as a choice. Can anyone help me with this? No, the OoOA is only available for Exchange accounts and message rules are not available for HTTP accounts. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format -Create...

Out of office assistant #37
User on Outlook 2002, manages her supervisor and her own inbox. she is trying to set up out of office reply for her manager. Goes in, switches to his inbox, turns it on. The problem is that it also turns on the out of office reply for her mail as well. Is this a global setting. Or do you have to "own" the folder (rather than share) to be able to turn this own for someone else? TIA!! It would be best to do this via OWA. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account w...

Out of office assistant #35
When trying to open the out of office assistant I get the following errors "The out of office assistant could not be displayed, A required action was not sucessful due to an unspecified error" After clicking O.K. then I get "System resources are critically low. Close some windows The virtual memory is set to 1000mb min and max I would guess that re-installing or repairing the Outlook install will fix a corrupted or missing file. The virtual memory message is probably a red herring, though it might be worth setting the minimum pagefile size to something much smaller l...

Out of Office Assistant grayed out
What does it mean if the Out of Office Assistant is grayed out even if MSExchange Information service loaded in the profile? can't find anything else in the KB. thanks. ...

Out of Office Assistant #15
I am running Office 2000. I am trying to turn the Out Of Office Assist on but when i go to tools menu and select OOOA, i get a message 'This command is unavailable, see program documentation on to use this extension'. We are running the MS Exchange Server information service within the profile and i have tried recreating the Outlook profile but i am still getting the same message. Can anyone help please? Thanks Laura ...

Out of office assistant doesn't notify to turn off
I use my out of office assistant and leave for the weekend. Upon returning, I log on to my pc and start Outlook and I don't get the reminder from the Out of office assistant about turning it off. This just started happening. Any ideas? ...

Outlook 2007 Out of Office Assistant
I have Outlook 2007, but when I go to the Out of Office Assistant under Tools, the box that pops up looks like the Outlook 2003 version, without the additional options for dates, sending to only people within my organization, etc. What do I nee to do to get the Outlook 2007 version with these additional options? Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010. (The dialog defaults to legacy when working with an Exchange 2003 or later mailbox.) "KHolmstrom" <KHolmstrom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78DB6616-4929-4829-9D79-BE452021DEE5@microsoft.com... >I ...

Out of office assistant #43
I have a couple of users that cannot use out of office assistant because it is not auto replying. I am running on Exchange 2k sp3 using Outlook 2k on the client side. Pleas e help! ...

Activating the Out of Office Assistant between certain times every
Does anybody know how I can configure Outlook 2007 to autoreply between 4:30pm and 8am during the weekdays and also during the weekend? There is no way that I can remember to turn on the assistant every time I leave the office. Version of Exchange? You can't automate it, but Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007 allow you to set it ahead of time - you could set it every morning for the evening. FWIW, I wouldn't use it for normal outside-of-business hours. Its only necessary to use the OOF when you are not going to be in during a normal workday or for holidays. -- Diane P...

Outlook2k7 over VPN Out of Office Assistant problem
User's computer is not a member of the domain. Mail flows and all looks good till you start the OOF thing. It will just tell you it cannot connect to the server because it's currently unavailable. Now when we add autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the Exchange server to the host file of that computer it works but why? Without it when you run a test it will tell you that a Srv Record lookup for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) or Local autodiscover for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) yaro Hello yaro, Thanks for your post. The error 0x8004010F usually means MAPI_E_NOT_FOU...

Is Out of office assistant available with std edition of 2007 offi
Hi, I am using office 2007 std edition. I cannot see the out of office assistant option in tools please suggest whether this an issue with my office setup or it is not available with std edition. In article <C68FAF27-A9F0-4EF5-97F0-A945AF8A2357@microsoft.com>, =?Utf- 8?B?bXVrZXNoIHBhdGls?= says... > > Hi, > > I am using office 2007 std edition. I cannot see the out of office assistant > option in tools please suggest whether this an issue with my office setup or > it is not available with std edition. You need Exchange Server for such functionalit...

Out of Office Assistant Missing #2
My "Out of Office assistant" is missing from the Tools bar and I cannot figure out how to set up an away message with out this. The Outlook Help indicates that I need the assistant to set up an away message. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you! Are you connecting to an Exchange Server as this is a pre-requisite, if not you can emulate it to a degree using the Rules Wizard. What version of Exchange! "Andriana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46ad01c4892e$556f3970$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My "Out of Office assistant"...

Out of Office Assistant is not visible, where to find?
I have Office 2002 and although the Help section says to find the autoresponder under Tools/Out of Office Assistant - it's not there. Is there somewhere I can access this functionaliy? Or is it not really included in the product? Thanks... "Eric" <efriedma@aol.com> wrote in message news:047501c3d850$e245bbb0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have Office 2002 and although the Help section says to > find the autoresponder under Tools/Out of Office > Assistant - it's not there. > > Is there somewhere I can access this functionaliy? Or is > it not really inclu...

Out of Office Assistant #8
I have a user that is reporting that her out of office assistant is not responding to all the emails that she receives. She indicates that the responses are random. Any information on this? Ask the user if the responses are being sent to only internal recipients, or to both external and internal recipients. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:052d01c36c12$c8772b10$a101280a@phx.gbl, Cindy wrote: > I have a user that is reporting that ...

Out of Office Assistant #30
Hi, In Outlook 2000, I have add a rule in the 'out of office assistant' to delete away certain emails when I am not in the office so as not to increase my mailbox size. But the email is actually moved to 'deleted items'. How can I set it to remove the email permanently? Thanks in Advance DES One of the settings in the Rules should be "permenantly delete it". >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > > In Outlook 2000, I have add a rule in the 'out of >office assistant' to delete away certain emails when I am >not in the office ...

Out of Office Assistant #59
Hi Using Outlook 2003 but I can't get the above to work or the rules wizard as I thought this might be away around the problem. Any ideas would be great Thanks Shona SS <Student.13@uk.bosch.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2003 but I can't get the above to work or the rules > wizard as I thought this might be away around the problem. If you're not using Exchange for your mailbox, the OOA isn't available. See the following: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Out of Office Assistant Missing
I can not turn off my Out of Office Assistant. The Out of Office Assitant has disappeared from my Outlook 2000 "Tools" folder. Can anyone give me an idea of how to add Out of Office back to my Toolbar. Thanks BW Are the Exchange Extensions being loaded? See Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Addin Manager. "Bwallace" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30e101c463b1$f956e800$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I can not turn off my Out of Office Assistant. The Out of > Office Assitant has disappeared from my Outlook > 2000 "Too...

Out of Office Assistant and Exchange 5.5
I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 server with approx 40 Outlook 2000 clients. With some clients the Out of Office Assistant works perfectly and with some even though it turns on, the text portion is not saved and no auto reply is sent for incoming mail. This is the same for both internal and external mail. As far as I can tell there is no difference between the mailbox accounts not the outlook settings. Anyone got any ideas???? ...

Out of Office assistant could not be displayed
I have a user that cannot turn his OOOA on. Every time he tries to turn on his Out of Office Assistant, a window pops up saying: The Out Of Office Assistant could not be displayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error. After clicking OK on that window, another window opens saying: System resources are critcially low. Close some windows. After clicking OK on that window, nothing more seems to go wrong. The system uses Office 2003, OS is Win XP Pro, Exchange server is Exchange 2003. I have tried reinstalling Outlook, repairing it, applying all existing ...

Limiting Out of Office Assistant responses.
We've had a request from the US District Court to filter out Out of Office Assistant replies to their mailbox. I have a specific address that I don't want OOA to reply to. Any ideas, on the client or server side, how I'd go about this? Thanks for your help. Randy. What about just setting up a rule to delete? -Hal "Randy Cushman" <rcushman@wolfgreenfield.com> wrote in message news:369401c3dc3f$564db750$3101280a@phx.gbl... > We've had a request from the US District Court to filter > out Out of Office Assistant replies to their mailbox. I > have...

Out of Office Assistant doesn't respond
Out of Office Assistant is activated but it is not sending an AutoReply response to sender. Is the sender internal or external to your Exchange organization? If external, this is by design for your own good. Depending on the version of Exchange, you can change this to allow replies and forwards to the Internet, but it is a BAD idea. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Tim McClenaha...

Out of Office Assistant "Command is not available"
When I am trying to use the Outlook 2002 Out of Office Assistant, I get the message: "The command is not available. See the Program documentation about how to use this extension" I found in the Microsoft Knowledge Base a solution. Q327353 It says to rename the: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0 \Outlook\Resiliency subkey. However, when I navigate to the key it is not there. Is there another solution to this problem? I am using Windows XP Pro, Office XP, Outlook 2002 FRC Are you connecting to an Exchange Server as this is a prerequisite "FRC7777" &...