need help with address book

i need to setup several distribution lists and i need these lists to
be in an address book that is selectable same as contacts in the
address book.  i had it setup on my old computer running ol 2002, i am
now running ol 2003.
tia
0
sstovall3 (48)

File->New->Distribution List.  Not sure what you mean by the rest but you
can select your DL when pressing the TO: when addressing an email.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, sstovall3@aol.com asked:

| i need to setup several distribution lists and i need these lists to
| be in an address book that is selectable same as contacts in the
| address book.  i had it setup on my old computer running ol 2002, i am
| now running ol 2003.
| tia

0
MillyS (3228)
12/24/2005 7:30:08 PM
thanks, i got it figured out.  i was trying to create a pab, load it
with dl's and have it show as the first choice when address book is
selected...i got it working

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 11:30:08 -0800, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote:

>File->New->Distribution List.  Not sure what you mean by the rest but you
>can select your DL when pressing the TO: when addressing an email.
>
>--?
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
>unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>reading.
>
>After furious head scratching, sstovall3@aol.com asked:
>
>| i need to setup several distribution lists and i need these lists to
>| be in an address book that is selectable same as contacts in the
>| address book.  i had it setup on my old computer running ol 2002, i am
>| now running ol 2003.
>| tia

0
sstovall3 (48)
12/24/2005 9:07:56 PM
Personal Address Books are outdated and obsolete.  Using DLs is also not the
way to go.

Instead, use categories - you can then display your contacts by category and
drag the category to your in-box to start a new mail message to that
category.  All contacts go into the Contacts folder and the Address Book is
only a display of the entries that have valid electronic addresses (email
and fax).

--
Milly Staples - [MVP Outlook]

Post all replies to the news group.  Unsolicited mail sent to my
personal address will be deleted without reading.

After furious head scratching, sstovall3@aol.com <sstovall3@aol.com> asked:

| thanks, i got it figured out.  i was trying to create a pab, load it
| with dl's and have it show as the first choice when address book is
| selected...i got it working
|
| On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 11:30:08 -0800, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote:
|
|| File->New->Distribution List.  Not sure what you mean by the rest
|| but you can select your DL when pressing the TO: when addressing an
|| email.
|| --?
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
|| After furious head scratching, sstovall3@aol.com asked:
||| i need to setup several distribution lists and i need these lists to
||| be in an address book that is selectable same as contacts in the
||| address book.  i had it setup on my old computer running ol 2002, i
||| am now running ol 2003.
||| tia

how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ?
how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? You can't. Why would you? The Outlook Address Book is only a list of electronic addresses to which you can address messages. Why would you need a phone number there? Phone numbers, like all Contact data, are stored in your Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ingaga" <Ingaga @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C2224F0-0E8B-4E20-A2AC-200B044053FD@microsoft.com... > how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? What in the world is the purpse of the Outlook address book whe...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

New Address type picklist value not appearing in picklist on forms
Hi, I've customized my Customer Address form to add a new AddressType value of "Registered Office"; value is 6 and I can see it when I go into the form customization editor. However, when I try to add a new address to, say, a Contact, this new address type value isn't shown. Ditto if I attempt to edit an existing address. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. -- Michael Mayne Did you publish the forms and then issue an IISRESET? Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:21:04 -0800, ...

Email address verification
Does anyone know of an Excel add-in that I could buy/have? Specificall a routine that would verify that an email address has an @ sign an ends with a valid domain suffix e.g. .com or .org.uk. Plus, doesn' contain illegal characters e.g space or comma or forward slash. I would very much appreciate anyones help. Thanks in anticipation. Peter Watkinso -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: Enter the following code in one of your workbook modules Public Function MailaddressOK(Adresse As String) As Boolean Dim oVScriptRegEx As Object Set oVScriptRegEx = CreateObjec...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Address Rewrite Tool on Exchange 2003
Hi all, quick question for you, I have emails coming in from legacy email system to Exchange via SMTP. The To: recipient addresses have a subdomain in. e.g. instead of nick@company.com they are being sent as nick@dept.company.com. The side effect of this is if an email is sent From: bob@company.com To:nick@dept.company.com CC:john@hotmail.com John@hotmail.com will receive the email and cannot reply to nick because the email is set to nick@dept.company.com. If I turn on Address Rewrite, will it rewrite the TO: field of the email with nick@company.com - his primary SMTP address in AD. ...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

outlook(?) changes email address upon sending
I have had trouble sending email to persons who have "netscape" as their email address. Somewhere in the process of sending the message, the word "netscape" is changed to "netescape" and the message is returned to me. This happens constantely. Any ideas? A bug? ...

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

Problems with carriage return in address field
I've read other feeds on this subject and I'm unable to fix my problem. I've developed a query with a field that concatenates multiple fields, excludes empty strings with Null and introduces carriage returns. Contatenation and carriage returns work, but my Null doesn't (I want all fields to move up if a field is empty). This is what I have so far: Address: ([tbl_Investigator]![Position] & Chr(13)+Chr(10) & [tbl_Investigator]![Address] & IIf(IsNull([tbl_Investigator]![Address]),Null,(Chr(13)+Chr(10)) & [tbl_Investigator]![Address2] & IIf(IsNull([...

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

need help badly

I need Help

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed