Need help restoring (ME) Outlook pst file to (2000 Professional) Outlook

We backed up original (ME) Outlook pst files to CD. Reformatted hard
drive and installed 2000 Professional. We are having a hard time
restoring the pst files on the new operating system. We have tried
dragging and droping the pst file to C\windows\local
settings\application data\microsoft\outlook, them turning off the read
only attributes. This did not work. Next after reading serveral other
posts we tried opening outlook. Then going to file\open\personal
files. This does not work either. We belive the problem is within the
path, as we are receiving a "can not find at this location error" Does
anyone know if ME using a different path to get to the outlook folder
than 2000 Professional uses. If so how do we change the path. We
thought trying to open the  pst file using Outlook would do this, but
it did not.
0
tammyc72 (1)

Which version of OL?
Usually you can open OL & browse to the location of yr *.pst
David

"Tam" <tammyc72@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We backed up original (ME) Outlook pst files to CD. Reformatted hard
> drive and installed 2000 Professional. We are having a hard time
> restoring the pst files on the new operating system. We have tried
> dragging and droping the pst file to C\windows\local
> settings\application data\microsoft\outlook, them turning off the read
> only attributes. This did not work. Next after reading serveral other
> posts we tried opening outlook. Then going to file\open\personal
> files. This does not work either. We belive the problem is within the
> path, as we are receiving a "can not find at this location error" Does
> anyone know if ME using a different path to get to the outlook folder
> than 2000 Professional uses. If so how do we change the path. We
> thought trying to open the  pst file using Outlook would do this, but
> it did not.

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ?
how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? You can't. Why would you? The Outlook Address Book is only a list of electronic addresses to which you can address messages. Why would you need a phone number there? Phone numbers, like all Contact data, are stored in your Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ingaga" <Ingaga @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C2224F0-0E8B-4E20-A2AC-200B044053FD@microsoft.com... > how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? What in the world is the purpse of the Outlook address book whe...

Cannot restore backup Money Plus
I created a backup (.mbf) file in Money Plus on my desktop. Installed Money Plus trial on my laptop and tried to restore backup. Unable to restore backup ("Money cannot find file or read-only" error) in Money Plus trial. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, rodney wrote: >I created a backup (.mbf) file in Money Plus on my desktop. Installed Money >Plus trial on my laptop and tried to restore backup. Unable to restore backup >("Money cannot find file or read-only" error) in Money Plus trial. Any ideas? Do not restore to the "default location. Instead, B...

Cannot access menus in Outlook 2002
When I try to use a menu option (tools, view, file, etc) a faded outline of the drop-down box appears and Outlook crashes, offering to send a report to MS. MSOfficeXP has been removed and re-installed with no change, I have done a change/repair with no change, deleted the email profile, same story. Any help is appreciated, thanks! ...

Hand held and outlook calendar
I have a user who synched up his hand-held with his outlook calendar. Now he has duplicates throughout his calendar. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to delete his mailbox and restore. we are using exchange server 2003 and Outlook 2003 Try the script posted here. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring/browse_thread/thread/5e73659dbf9037f/2613d024a76ccdcd?lnk=st&q=outlook+duplicate+script+calendar&rnum=11&hl=en#2613d024a76ccdcd James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 12, 12:28 pm, Tyson <...

Unable to open MDE file
Hi, I am using office 2000 and I am unable to open an Access file. I receive the following error message "You cannot convert or enable an MDE file". I was able to open this file till yesterday. I haven't installed any software since yesterday which safely rules out any problems due to a third party software etc. Hoping for a quick resolution to my problem. Thanks , Nik Hopefully you still have access to the .mdb file from which the .mde was created. You don't state which version the .mde was created in. In any case, there's precious little you can do with one...

Outlook 2007 Pro nd Quicken
I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and deposit reminders to the Outlook Calendar. Cool! Is there any way to configure how far out the reminders are sent or received from Quicken? Thx Jerry Windows Home Premium 64 bit Office 2007 Pro Trial "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A79AFBEA-7EFE-4977-97A7-0DE108500DF6@microsoft.com... >I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that > Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and...

Outlook #300
I am getting this message a lot when Outlook crashes. What is going on? The laptop in question has Time Matters 8 and Franklin Covey hooks. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2945, stamp 44ab9a84, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012a5b. Also, can someone direct me to where I can find out how to read this message? Please check your application event viewer for an eventID and source. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Folstaff" wrote: &g...

Excel need help

How do I Set up a Invoice in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional (.
How do I Set up a Invoice Formate Template in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional (Excel) With detailed one (Rate, qty,Discount,Total,Tax) Check out the templates at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377071033.aspx "Chandrasekar G Yadav" wrote: > How do I Set up a Invoice Formate Template in Microsoft Office 2000 > Professional (Excel) > With detailed one (Rate, qty,Discount,Total,Tax) ...

Outlook express #286
> > when I click on a link on my e-mail via > > Outlook express, it should open the link right? > > it was doing so until yesterday. I've did a virus/spyware scan > > and nothing. this is a weird problem > > I have to copy & paste the link in my web browser. > > other wise it won't open it from outlook express. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can a...

Need Help Linking Sheets

events in office 2000 do not go away
environment: office 2000 on XP sp1 or 2000 sp3 when an event occurs you get the option of Dismiss or Snooze or X the wnidow. regardless of method of dismissal of message the event will re-appear regularly. usually hourly. one of my users now has 20 of these appearing! Help Please Thanks muchly Jeff Poretsky IT Manager The Studio Theatre (please cc me in mail if possible {it at studiotheatre dod org} ...

Macro help needed........

Wrong time in Outlook
Hi, I've got a really strange problem. My Mails in Outlook have all the wrong time - 9 hours back. This affects incoming and outgoing mails. It can't be a matter of the e-mail-provider because I've got accounts in gmx, web, yahoo, gmail and all have the same problem. Where can outlook get the wrong time ? The system time is correct of course. Thanks for your help. Ralf is the system time zone correct? whois shows your posting IP is in Germany... and windows defaults to pacific time zone so that would account for the difference. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Need to test a mobo

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Help needed

outlook(?) changes email address upon sending
I have had trouble sending email to persons who have "netscape" as their email address. Somewhere in the process of sending the message, the word "netscape" is changed to "netescape" and the message is returned to me. This happens constantely. Any ideas? A bug? ...

Help with formula 12-17-09

Why is a .WAV file NOT automatically playing when I start the PPT
I inserted a .wav file in my powerpoint show and when I go to "view show," the animations work but the sound file does not play - either automatically OR on mouse click. The other animations and their "effect options" sounds play fine, but NOT the sound icon. I have checked with our school technician and it is not a hardware problem b/c windows media player works fine. Can you help me? I am a middle school special educator and I teach autistic students. I need to run the Powerpoint I created for my disabled student to interact with. Can you help me? Th...

Need help on this....thanks