My system shuts down when working in Word

Some documents in Word cause the system to shut.  Drive lights are still on;
but, not able to access.  Have tried searching for viruses, but, none found.
Anybody having this problem?
0
Legales1 (1)

Hello Legales1,

I'm not sure this is an Outlook question (you might want to post in the Word
newsgroups) but it would be helpful if you told us at least what version
of Word you're using and what's unusual about those documents.

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr - MVP
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html

> Some documents in Word cause the system to shut.  Drive lights are
> still on; but, not able to access.  Have tried searching for viruses,
> but, none found.  Anybody having this problem?

0
bens1040 (30)

how do i show figures as words?
I'm sure I've seen a spreadsheet where a number was entered into a cell, and there was another cell which must have contained a formula to show that figure in words (eg. for writing a cheque), does anybody out there know how to do this? It's probably really simple!! Cheers Carolyn See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E0BBB2-F03E-4383-8BA1-3F0F40AA52AB@microsoft.com... > I'm sure I've seen a spreadsheet where a number was entered into a ce...

OWA Stopped Working #3
OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the "Loading" screen. There is just code on the left hand side where the icons should be; and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the services are running on the front end server, it has been rebooted, and all of the services are running on the back end servers. The exchweb site is running. No configuration changes have been made. This happens on IE 6 and IE7. I have read KB280823. Everything is set as should be. Virus scans reveal nothing. What could have happened? And how do I fix it?! Thanks! Check ou...

How to lock and unlock the XP system from remote system.
Hi I am writting a program to lock and unlock the remote desptop.For this I need some help related to sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC.Can any one help me on the issue. Regards Prashant Sharma Yes. Find something else to do with your time. You keep trying to do something that any decent security system forbids. There is already remote access. See if you can find APIs relating to remote access. But I suspect that you will discover that Windows security is going to make this task impossible. joe On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:19:31 +0530, "ISDC" <satish7684@hotmail.com&...

How to impersonate to Local System Account (SYSTEM)
My service is configurated as the Administrators acount. I need to impersonate the service to Local System Account (SYSTEM) in some circumtances. How? Thanks very very much indeed lauch ...

Message tracking doesn=?ISO-8859-1?B?uQ==?=t work
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3247752418_10965373 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi all, I�m running Exchange 2003 service pack1. I�m unsure what�s going on but it appears the message history in the message tracking tool in ESM is messed up. If I attempt to look at the history of a message that was sent to an external user It will come back and complain : �The object �Tue,� in the message tracking logs cant be found i...

Linking a sheet's content into a Word document
Hi. I have a Word document and an Excel document. Some of the content of the Word document merely duplicates the content of the Excel document. What I would like to do is to set up the Word document so that it automatically retrieves the text from the Excel document. Similar to doing a '=D5' in an Excel spreadsheet, so that it just harvests the contents of a particular cell (in this case, D5) and transplants it to another place. Is there a way to implant text from the Excel spreadsheet (which is in another file) into the Word document, so that it automatically opens the Excel spre...

Scheduled Tasks Not Working after Server 2003 Upgrade
Last week, I upgraded our Exchange 2003 server to Windows Server 2003. After the upgrade, I started getting DCOM errors (Event ID 10021). According to an article I found, I modified the permissions in DCOM Config/IIS WAMREG admin service to give the Network Service permissions under Launch and Activation. I have a scheduled task to back up my Information Store daily. Since I made this change, the Task Scheduler is not running. I can manually back up the Information Store successfully. Are there other permissions I need to change? Thank you in advance for any help. Kate Townsend ...

ON_BN_CLICKED not working
Hi I created MFC AppWizard (exe) -> Single Document From the program subMenu, I trigger a small dialog screen IDD_DIALOG1 In the dialog screen, I put one button control. The messageMap contains the correct messages and the functions names and all that are correct. I have added the events to a class connected to the dialog, and also the Control class, but still the same result. BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(MyDialog, CDialog) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(MyDialog) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BtnConnect, OnBtnConnect) ON_WM_CLOSE() ON_WM_PAINT() //}}AFX_MSG_MAP END_MESSAGE_MAP() void MyDialog::OnBtnConnect() { A...

Integration with legacy systems
Hello there. 've seen there is an integration between Microsoft CRM and MS Great Plains. I need to do a similar integration beetween Microsoft CRM and a local System ERP named Diapason. The customer shoul be created by MS CRM. passed to the ERP. Updated tin the ERP and then updated automatically in the MS CRM. Order born in CRM. When approved, tehy should send to the ERP. The ERP create the invoice and send the invoice to MS CRM. Price list is managed by the ERP, imported in MS CRM and when updated in ERO, should be updated automatically in CRM. Customer are updated in ERP and shou...

working with temporary working files.. #2
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help Right-click the file, properties, see if "read only" is checked. This happens when a file is saved to a CD. Save the file on your hard drive and then copy it to the CD. Publisher does not like saving to removable media. Delete all the temporary (.tmp) files that are located in the Windows\Temp folder. For information about how to delete files, click Start, click Help, click the Index tab, type deleting files, and then click Display. --...

how to make spell check work in office 2007
My work recently updated us from Microsoft 2003 to 2007. However, the spell check does not work in hardly any of the applications, word, outlook, excel? I have went to the options and proofing sections in all of them and turned on the spell check, but it doesn't catch hardly anything or underline misspelled words in red or use green for punctuation. How do I fix this? I encountered this problem myself a while ago and solved the problem by deleting the registry key KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word. Then I reopened Word and it recreate the key and subkeys and...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

excel causing system to be in low system resource
Hi all. Whenever i open my excel application, i am always prompted low system resource and have to exit the application. However all my other office applications like word, access work fine when i open them. I face similar problems before and i reinstall excel to solve the problem. Is there a better solution which can solve this problem once and for all? Thks in advance ...

can all the dowloads ihave in the system can they be moved
Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have errors with them Where would you like to take them? Buckingham Palace? "steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk" <steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:208855E4-BD3F-4C3D-A817-C0DC8CB6BCF9@microsoft.com... : Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have : errors with them Windows version is...? If you want to delete what you see in Update History, I can tell you how to do that. steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk wrote: > I...

File system
Hi I am havimg some problem in booting WindowCE 4.2 . The bootup failed in filesystem 1. can anyone help me how to debug the error or where area in windowce I should zoom into for susch problem The ouput of error message is given below FMD::FMD_Init FMD_ReadSector() ######## BLOCK 10 FMD_ReadSector() ######## BLOCK 10 Data Abort: Thread=8feec5d0 Proc=8e028b58 'filesys.exe' AKY=ffffffff PC=8c233c78 RA=8c233c00 BVA=04000000 FSR=00000007 Data Abort: Thread=8feec5d0 Proc=8e028b58 'filesys.exe' AKY=ffffffff PC=8c2169d8 RA=8c216a38 BVA=04000019 FSR=00000003 D...

Legend does not work
Hi, Spent an hour looking into this. Not sure if this is a known bug or not. The legend for the graph is not working correctly...I have the following cells graphed : USA Jan-90 3.1 Feb-90 3.4 Mar-90 2.1 etc... When I click legend it displays every single date in the first column rather than "USA". I've tried to manually call the series USA, erase the first column, recreate the range but it still doesn't work. This is crazy and excel help is useless. I've followed all the steps in excel help but they don't solve the problem. Anyone have any ideas on wh...

Question about Word 07
Hi All, I have Office 2007 loaded on a XP op system, when using the Word 07 program I noticed in any document I bring up I cant make a "Center Text Alignment". The right and left buttons work fine, but the center text alignment button is always light gray and will not function. What's up with that, anyone know? Thank for the help, Tim -- ���`�.�. , . .���`�..><)))�>`�.��.���`�.�.���`�...�><)))�>�. ><)))%>���`�.�. , . .���`�.. ><)))�>`�.��.���`�.�.���`�...�><)))�> -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.co...

What's the best way to toggle between true and false in Excel? Hi all, My excel work involves a lot of toggling between true and false (boolean types) ... and it's very repetitive... Is there a w
What's the best way to toggle between true and false in Excel? Hi all, My excel work involves a lot of toggling between true and false (boolean types) ... and it's very repetitive... Is there a way to select a bunch of cells, and press a key short-cut so that they toggle all at once? Thanks! I can't tell you whether this is a "best way" to do what you want or not, but it is "a way" to do it. It doesn't use a key short-cut, rather it uses a right mouse click. Go into the VB editor and double click on ThisWorkbook in the Project window, then copy/paste...

Total Communications System & MS CRM 3.0
To Anyone: I am trying to find a complete "converged communications" system that has complete integration with MS CRM 3.0 as well as an open API that I can further integrate into my business applications. I am finding a lot of sales pitches but no hard facts and confirmed installs. Can anyone point me ? Anthony DeHart try www.genesyslabs.com ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D009397A-044A-482E-97F8-D2BADC9A6A15@microsoft.co...

using access as a content management system for documents
Hello got a question for you all, I am using access to create a content management solution. initially it seems pretty easy i would create a table for each type of document template. and the fields in the table would be the different sections within the template. the data in the fields would be the content this goes with those specific sections in the document. basically i would have a report that puts all the fields together in the correct order and export that to a word document. here is my problem.. some of my data includes bullet points Bold letter and different colors.. is there anyw...

Import Requisitions Into System For Approval
We have a database of registrants for different events and were hoping it was possible to import certain hotel and other expenditure requests into the requisition system for approval. Is there a way to import this data instead of manually create a requisition in the system, and then to route it for approval. Thanks for your help. Graham ...

OWA 5.5 Worked with Win2k clients until upgraded to 2003!
Hello -- We have 2 Windows 2000 computers that use a dial-up connection from Netscape as it's ISP but IE as the browser (IE6.0.28). When connecting to the OWA server, they are given the three box login page "Username/Password/Domain". Back when it was Exchange 5.5, they were able to log in just fine. But now that it's Exchange 2003, everytime they try to use the login credentials to access that mailbox, they get page cannot be displayed. Any ideas? "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote: >We have 2 Windows 2000 computers that use a dial-u...

How to Get Rid of Internet Explorer 8? mapquest.com does not work
Hi, I accidentally installed Internet Explorer 8 and now cannot connect to mapquest.com in spite of having tried everything including compatibility mode. How do I get rid of it and download Internet Explorer 7? Everytime I go to the Microsoft.com web site to download Internet Explorer 7 it sends me to the Internet 8 web pages. Hence, I cannot download Internet Explorer 7 from Microsoft. Very frustrating. Time to buy an Apple computer and get rid of this nonsense? -- Senior Software Engineer Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7...

Exchange system manager on fresh XP SP2 laptop
Hello, How do I get the Exchange 2003 system manager console installed on a freshly loaded XP Service Pack 2 workstation?? It keeps complaining about the NNTP service and .Net Framework 1.1... The frame work IS loaded, but I can't figure out what to do with NNTP.. Troy Sounds like it is trying to install the whole kit and caboodle and not just the management software. It might also be an issue with XP SP2 being unable to connect to the WINS server or to the Exchange server. "Troy Bruder" <N0-Spam-troy.bruder@aptconsulting.com> wrote in message news:OoZAS6UgEHA.34...

ASP.Net not working with JQuery in separate JS file or in HTML
Hello Community Using ASP.Net with a separate CSS file and separate Javascript file my applications work fine. Since JQuery offers features for web development I am substituting JQuery where ever possible. So I downloaded the JQuery library and added put it in the folder where my old Javascript code was and added it beneath my Javascript file resides in my html code: <link href="CssFolder/CssScr.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/> <script language="javascript" src="JsFolder/JsScr.js" type="text/javasc...